Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.03Image

DeathByWobbuffet (1)
Gamma Emerald (3)
Charloux (1)
Not Voting (4)
, , , ,

Day one deadline is Sunday December 25, 11 AM PST. (expired on 2016-12-25 12:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 19, Accountant wrote:Actually, I like the Gamma Emerald wagon(for reasons other than the fact that it's a page 1 wagon, that is). His enthusiastic tone seems forced.

@Pep: I like early pressure wagons. I think it's a great way to kickstart the game and get the ball rolling, as well as teasing reactions out of people. What about you?
I'm pretty sure I was quite enthusiastic in my last Newbie with you, so I don't get how you can think it's forced.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

You were enthusiastic in the genuine "let's get this show on the road" way, not the current "!!!" way. It's often easy to do the latter while trying to fake the former.

@ny: What were your reasons for trying to post a reads list so early in the game? I'm not asking you to justify it; I'm asking you to describe your mindset and what you were hoping to achieve with it.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by nydushermain »

@accountant: mostly excitement. I haven't been waiting for this game for a while but it felt like eternity. Then I read that I got replaced into this game which was sick
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Ramcius »

hm, it's hard to choose, only 1 vote and 8 people i would like to vote :D
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 29, Ramcius wrote:hm, it's hard to choose, only 1 vote and 8 people i would like to vote :D
What, really? You have a scumread on every other player in the game?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Slight townread on nydus. His excited opening reminds me of how I felt when I first joined the site. I don't think that scum!nydus would start off their game with what I would describe as almost a surplus of analysis despite not much happening yet.
In post 11, Gamma Emerald wrote:Howdy Mew! Let's hope this time you don't gloss over obvious scum!
@DBW: I only spoke first because no one else spoke before me.
Haha, I've got a lot more energy to devote to this game than I did in that game, so hopefully such things won't slip past my radar this time round.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 27, Accountant wrote:You were enthusiastic in the genuine "let's get this show on the road" way, not the current "!!!" way. It's often easy to do the latter while trying to fake the former.
I actually like Gamma so far. I tried to look for what you're saying and I agree that feels over the top but other than that I like the enthusiasm he's trying to bring to the game. It keeps the game moving.

@Van/DBW: What do you think about the game state thus far?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 30, Accountant wrote:
In post 29, Ramcius wrote:hm, it's hard to choose, only 1 vote and 8 people i would like to vote :D
What, really? You have a scumread on every other player in the game?
opposite, it's impossible to get scumread just from what we have now, and normally before game ends i have accused most of people being scum :D
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Charloux »

Townlean on Gamma and nydushermain so far.

The thing that i am most concerned right now, is that i think Accountant will be doing all the work, which will most likely prove fatal if he is scum/dies.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Accountant »

What makes you think I will be doing all the work? Heck, nydushermain has already begun generating content, though I question the validity of a page 1 reads list. Still!

Why do you townlean Gamma though? I can definitely understand nullreading him, but he hasn't done anything that couldn't be trivially faked by scum.

Also, @Rancius and nydushermain, you two might want to consider grabbing an avatar. It helps people easily pick out who's saying what, so it prevents mix-ups.

Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Van_Veacesalv_Dulca »

Um, I assume I am Van, right?

I don't know, too early to tell. I don't like Charloux post about hammering, but I assume that is an inside joke I am just not privy to, then the subsequent opinion change without justification looks a little strange. Post 12, Post 34

I also don't like accountants post about wagoning and then subsequent wagon. I thought wagons were a sign of being scum, so looks scummy to me. At least scummier than others. Post 19 owo

but these are as minor as minor gets, so I don't really know for sure what to think yet.
In the end I will just go with my reads, better than my die ... probably

UNVOTE: DeathByWobbuffet
VOTE: Charloux

owo
Show
owo
Hi

I am Van Veacesalv Dulca, but you can call me Van Veacesalv Dulva
owo
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Accountant »

@Van: Why are wagons scummy? Since Town cannot kill at night, we can only hunt down and kill mafia members by wagoning and lynching them. Furthermore, one of the best ways to hunt mafia is to exert pressure on them. In a calm environment, mafia can blend in easily, but in an environment where there are lots of threats and pressure, mafia are more likely to slip up and make a mistake. In this case, wagons are a useful tool to generate this pressure.

I think wagons are way more useful than they are harmful. So how can they be scummy?

Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Charloux »

Yeah, i should've said nulltown. Gamma's reaction in Seemed to me like "Omg, i knew he was an idiot, but he outdid himself right now..." Which i think is a reaction town has when they think somebody might ruin the game on page 1.

@Nydushermain: Can i call you Sherman from now on? Or tell me how you came up with that name.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Ramcius »

well, i doubt accountant will do all work, in other site we had rule, if IC lives to D3 in newbie game, then IC is most likely scum :D so i expect accountant get night killed sometime soon

we in RVS stage, so this whole voting and this wagon isn't serious, so we shouldn't look at it too much, and wagons aren't scummy by itself, wagons without good reason and full of sheeps are scummy
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Accountant »

I agree wagons without good reason are usually scummy, except of course in special cases like RVS. However, can you clearly explain why a wagon full of sheeps is scummy? Are town more likely to sheep scummy wagons?

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 39, Ramcius wrote:well, i doubt accountant will do all work, in other site we had rule, if IC lives to D3 in newbie game, then IC is most likely scum :D so i expect accountant get night killed sometime soon

we in RVS stage, so this whole voting and this wagon isn't serious, so we shouldn't look at it too much, and wagons aren't scummy by itself, wagons without good reason and full of sheeps are scummy
Do you consider sheeping (following another player's vote with your own) a scumtell, or do you think of it on a case by case basis?
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:08 am

You are in position 3, primacy and recency don't apply there, so it would be the easiest place for scum to hide and avoid attention right? I thought that was why wagons are or at least can be scummy. That changes if it is a confirmed scum wagon though which this certainly isn't.

owo
Show
owo
Hi

owo
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 41, Mewtaph wrote:sheeping (following another player's vote with your own) a scumtell
I won't deign to answer for Ramcius, but I do not believe this is sheeping. For example, if someone said they were the Cop and that X was scum and voted them, and I voted X, that is not sheeping. I think sheeping would be where you vote a player not because you think the reasoning they are scum is strong but because you simply want to vote someone, or you trust the other person who voted them.

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:09 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 36, Van_Veacesalv_Dulca wrote:I don't know, too early to tell. I don't like Charloux post about hammering, but I assume that is an inside joke I am just not privy to
This interests me. You acknowledge that it is probably a post made in jest, which I agree with but you indicate that you still don't like Charloux's post because it talks about hammering.
Is there something about the way he talks about hammering that makes you feel like it's scummy in particular?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 42, Van_Veacesalv_Dulca wrote:You are in position 3, primacy and recency don't apply there, so it would be the easiest place for scum to hide and avoid attention right? I thought that was why wagons are or at least can be scummy. That changes if it is a confirmed scum wagon though which this certainly isn't.

owo
I agree that scum tend to want to hide in the middle of wagons on town. However, the mere fact that someone is on position 3 in a wagon does not indicate that the wagon itself is scummy.

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 43, Accountant wrote:I think sheeping would be where you vote a player not because you think the reasoning they are scum is strong but because you simply want to vote someone, or you trust the other person who voted them.
Cheers, that's a better way of putting it.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 am

Post by Ramcius »

Town is likely to sheep any wagon, if you give them semi-good reason, and scum have easier to fake some reason to call someone scum on slip, town are more reluctant to call someone scum, no town want push ML wagon, while scum know exactly they are pushing ML wagon and they are more confident in doing so. So in short, while town can think twice pushing someone on slight slip, scum will call out slipped person and make sheep wagon from it

Pedit: sheeping isn't scummy by itself, it's most times are town, so i advice avoid sheeping always, and when cop gives results, it's not sheeping (assuming you trust cop, cause scum can pretend cop too just to push last ML or such), if you going vote someone, you should do cause you want to, not because someone else did it before you
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 24, nydushermain wrote:I think mewtaph is lightly townie too after a reread. I think that the way he addressed charloux sounded like he was potentially pushing scum on char, but wasn't really too accusatory and instead, felt more inquisitive.
@nydushermain: Say Player X came in for their first post with an accusation on one of the active players, Player Y. How would you go about trying to read this kind of post?
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:27 am

Being willing to jump on a hammer so soon is what I don't like about it. If I don't like something I tend towards it looking scummy to me

I am not saying the wagon is scummy, but that wagoning is, particularly without reason. Maybe that is wrong, I don't know, but for the time being that is what I see.

owo
Show
owo
Hi

owo

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”