MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:33 am

Post by MariaR »

I'd pref kagami die first over you as I think you'd be more helpful over Dunn (sorry dunn I'm ruthless ik :c)

Pedit: Jester is Null I don't see him doing anything useful and just seems to be with mini in the terms of meh

Kagami is the only lady I can see flipping scum atm
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:35 am

Post by MariaR »

I think focusing too much on the "lover" part of this game could be a down fall and instead looking at someone elses play by itself
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:38 am

Post by pieguyn »

I've actually seriously considered the possibility none of the ladies are scum.

have you seen my posts about Kagami from earlier this game day? it was a while back so if you want I can link it again, but a lot of what I had wrote at that point still applies now, I think.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:40 am

Post by pieguyn »

specifically .

I'm not really sure what else to say except I've played a lot with Kagami and, uh, I guess I'm just kinda hoping you're open to thinking about it? if not oh well I guess.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:41 am

Post by MariaR »

Please do link it!

I think 1 of the ladies have to be scum at least I don't think fake would make 3 of 1 side scum
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:41 am

Post by MariaR »

Of course I'm willing to think on it the other vote I would do is voting you and of course that makes me wanna not do it x)

UNVOTE:

We only have a few days left
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:44 am

Post by pieguyn »

I'd definitely be open to looking at her again later, if it becomes relevant (especially if I'm just wrong on Jester and/or mhsmith which would mean Kagami has essentially supported the lynch of three town/town pairs which would be a huge red flag), but as of now I don't have any reason to take issue with her play.

p-edit: .-.

also, scum distribution is entirely random, it has nothing to do with gentleman/lady distribution. 3 gentlemen scum or 3 lady scum is easily possible.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3431, pieguyn wrote:also, scum distribution is entirely random, it has nothing to do with gentleman/lady distribution. 3 gentlemen scum or 3 lady scum is easily possible.
actually, let's just make it easy

@MOD: this is true, correct?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

PEDIT: Mod has already confirmed that scum distribution is random, ISO fakegod.

I'll defend on Smith's behalf because he's obvtown and I feel like if you talk with him too much you're gonna have a hernia. ;)
Pie wrote:'first, mhsmith comes in here and criticizes me for wanting to lynch Jester despite having a stronger scum read on him - if you read , this is apparently supposed to be some smoking gun that gives him reason to vote me. when I point out that I had already said why I want a Jester lynch over a lynch on him, he ignores it and tries to say that "I'm not pushing Jester hard enough" or "I'm not working hard enough to derail the S_S wagon", so it's invalid.'
That wasn't the point on 3302. In 3302, Smith pointed out a clear contradiction in your spoken intention and your actions in thread. You told us you would lynch anybody you thought wasn't t/t indiscriminately, yet you put your vote on Jester/MDS, the smallest wagon with the lowest chance of reaching a lynch. Then he votes you, not because he scumreads you, but because you clearly scumread him quite powerfully and it puts the wagon on par for the largest one. He was testing whether you would jump on and follow through with your accusations, probably partly to understand and sort your slot better, because scum clearly wouldn't go along with this out of survivalism.
I don't think there's anything even remotely scummy in 3302 or his followups.

You even allude to this in that one big post above.
pieguyn wrote:irst off, to put the context for all of this in one place, I've made it pretty clear at this point that I don't find it productive to sit here and argue about a single best lynch - I want to identify pairs that are town and lynch the remaining pairs, so as long as this gets accomplished, I don't care *too* much about what order we lynch and thus who gets lynched right at this point in the game. my preference for Jester is purely positional, so that I can talk reads with Kagami and/or Nahdia after what is hopefully a scum flip and the intermission, after the game has calmed down a bit, but I won't cry tears of blood if the lynch lands on someone else unless significant pressure starts to build on a pair I think is very town. there is also that this game is really fucking chaotic and it is very difficult to keep on top of it at the level required to create significant momentum sway, and I don't want to exhaust myself unless I really really need to, aka one of the pairs I think is very town becomes a potential lynch, which also plays into my choice of strategy here.
This is what Smith's entire argument is based off. Your push of Jester is purely positional, and you don't really mind what non t/t pairs get lynched. That holds fast to me. His reasoning about you not pushing the Jester lynch holds fast to me. If you just want a t/t pair lynched, why did you jump on the Jester wagon, again, the one with the lowest chance of being lynched, and vote park there when we're this close to deadline? You were bringing up other details and drilling into Smith, and what you interpreted as Smith nitpicking and being semantic was actually Smith just trying to understand the core of your argument which I myself don't understand at all.

I would respond to the rest but the entire rest of your case kind of depends on that one thing above.
nah
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 am

Post by MariaR »

Sorry for asking so many questions but how do you feel about Ser I feel like I'm one of the only people here who would happily lynch his slot.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:47 am

If you just want a NON t/t pair lynched*
nah
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 am

Post by MariaR »

HS you shouldn't have posted that even if you think smith is town and should've let him answer for himself first and then posted that as a supporting fact because he can now bounce off that as a supporting factor
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 am

Post by MariaR »

If scum can be 3 guys I'd line smith ser and maybe jester up to the shooting range lol
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3434, MariaR wrote:Sorry for asking so many questions but how do you feel about Ser I feel like I'm one of the only people here who would happily lynch his slot.
SAD/scout is the pair I feel is the most town. <_>
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:49 am

Post by MariaR »

WHAT THE SRS FUCK
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:50 am

Post by MariaR »

*curls in a ball*

I hate this game
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:51 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

You should definitely vote our pair before the deadline. I'm basically useless at this point and Jester is on everyone's scum list, we are not the ones you want to see still dancing during LYLO.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:52 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 3440, MariaR wrote:*curls in a ball*

I hate this game
I feel your pain. :(
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:52 am

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: smith
w/e let's just get a scum flip
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3433, Human Sequencer wrote:That wasn't the point on 3302. In 3302, Smith pointed out a clear contradiction in your spoken intention and your actions in thread. You told us you would lynch anybody you thought wasn't t/t indiscriminately, yet you put your vote on Jester/MDS, the smallest wagon with the lowest chance of reaching a lynch. Then he votes you, not because he scumreads you, but because you clearly scumread him quite powerfully and it puts the wagon on par for the largest one. He was testing whether you would jump on and follow through with your accusations, probably partly to understand and sort your slot better, because scum clearly wouldn't go along with this out of survivalism.
I did say I'd lynch pairs I didn't think were town indiscriminately, but I also thought I had made it clear why, if given the choice, I'd want a Jester lynch from all the non-town pairs. when mhsmith started to push this, it was the first thing I brought up and he still continued to push it even after seeing it.

how do you reconcile that?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:59 am

Post by pieguyn »

as for the possibility of him misunderstanding something about my posts, that's kinda why I made that post summarizing the entirety of my half of the interaction. I think it's pretty fucking clear my mindset here isn't incongruous at all and I don't want any sort of he-said she-said misunderstanding going on.

also, you should probably vote Jester if you don't want to see me/mhsmith lynched.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:10 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 3432, pieguyn wrote:
In post 3431, pieguyn wrote:also, scum distribution is entirely random, it has nothing to do with gentleman/lady distribution. 3 gentlemen scum or 3 lady scum is easily possible.
actually, let's just make it easy

@MOD: this is true, correct?
Yes.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:11 am

Your spat post cites a conversation that happened 1000 posts ago, and it also wasn't the first thing you bought up. It came up about 80 posts after the debate w/ smith incited.
His response to your spat "THIS IS WHY I'M VOTING JESTER" post is , which contains logic that is consistent to Smith's behaviour and not quite as retarded as I think you think it is.
Again, you assume it's so obvious and that anybody reading would -obviously- know that you townread Dunn/Kagami as well, but once again, that was literally 1000 posts before the argument between Smith and you. Beyond this, his point isn't that you haven't -identified- and other t/t pairs, it's more that you're not putting the effort in to -find- them. Much less push them. This is mentioned in
You aren't doing much to convince anybody else of your townreads, which is odd considering how much emphasis you've put into finding t/t pairs. You mentioned Dunn/Kagami literally once before the spat, with no real reasoning behind it.
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:15 am

His claims about you vote parking without actually pushing anything are legitimate. They're not just nitpicks. I still think you're town, though.
Try and understand how others (namely smith) can interpret your posts. Some people, like Smith, come from a more active perspective. He doesn't (or at least didn't) understand the motivation for you to vote Jester and then sit there without pushing it. It's definitely not what I would have done in that situation, but I'm Human, not Robot, so I could emphasize with your position a bit more. ;)
nah
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:37 am

Post by pieguyn »

getting town reads really doesn't require that much effort. it isn't like I need to go out of my way to question them or extract information from them or get them to clarify the motivation behind their posts, not in the same way I would need to question and poke at a scum read, unless they suddenly flip and do something really bad, which at the very least neither of SAD/scout have done - and it like I need to go out of my way to "push" them unless they're in serious danger of being lynched or I have reason to believe they'll be in serious danger of being lynched in the future.

I'm mostly just doing what I think I can do without exhausting myself. it's really subtle but it is there - see interactions like the one I just had with Maria where I poked her to consider the Kagami read a bit more (even if the way I'm playing is not particularly overt, the key point here is to get people at least thinking about things a bit more for when it does become more relevant later).

and yeah, if someone is trying to sort me, I usually would expect that they've attempted to read and understand my posts and wouldn't just blatantly miss or forget something that seems that relevant to the angle they want to push.

I guess I kind of want to just wait for him to see my wall post directed to him, because I want to be absolutely absolutely sure there is no room for him not understanding where I'm coming from when I tell him that his push on me holds no water.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”