Newbie 1763 | Foreigners of a Person - Happy Ending?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Titus »

Same difference. Mechanics are theory. The guide to being a good IC explains what I can and cannot do. I cannot advise to do dumb things because others have done it.

For the record, everyone but money, kyrea, and E is town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

@titus

With your IC hat can you tell me that in noobie games the optimal strategy is to get someone to L-1 force them to claim role before some one had intent to hammer. Do it fast before scum rushes the hammer?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 301, Srceenplay wrote:@titus

With your IC hat can you tell me that in noobie games the optimal strategy is to get someone to L-1 force them to claim role before some one had intent to hammer. Do it fast before scum rushes the hammer?
Yes. I 100% believe that. Intent to hammer is garbage recent development.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 290, shannon wrote:Well, looks like I'm alive.

And no, Mooney, we don't line 'everyone' up, we look at the people who are scummy and line *them* up. You are really over-simplifying things.
With this reasoning when do we stop and hammer? I guess I'm missing that point. It still just looks to me like someone is fishing for roles.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by krylea »

The point is to make sure someone isnt a PR before they die, not to randomly run each person up to L-1 and get a claim. This game has just been stupid because we keep refusing to actually lynch someone so we just keep running up more and more people. The idea is to only make them claim if they would actually get lynched otherwise.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 304, krylea wrote:The point is to make sure someone isnt a PR before they die, not to randomly run each person up to L-1 and get a claim. This game has just been stupid because we keep refusing to actually lynch someone so we just keep running up more and more people. The idea is to only make them claim if they would actually get lynched otherwise.
But we haven't been playing that way, why?
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 305, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 304, krylea wrote:The point is to make sure someone isnt a PR before they die, not to randomly run each person up to L-1 and get a claim. This game has just been stupid because we keep refusing to actually lynch someone so we just keep running up more and more people. The idea is to only make them claim if they would actually get lynched otherwise.
Because Titus either

a) Has been uninterested in this game and never explained it properly/just didn't phrase it the right way (town!Titus)

or

b) is telling the *technical* truth by saying that generally people at L-1 are forced to claim, but either phrased it in the right way to suggest getting claims through wagoning or just let the town assume that and didn't correct them (scum!Titus)
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 305, Srceenplay wrote:
Also because we keep starting wagons then randomly dropping them for no reason - either because people are just scared to hammer/lurking or because scum is deliberately trying to derail wagons on scum
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 292, Toto wrote:If you claim another role you force the other PR to counter claim and reveal himself. If you are bp there could be a jailkeeper. If you claim doctor the jK will say you are lying because the set up is impossible and now you cost us a jk
It depends on how much you trust the people you're playing with and the individual game. If I were already 'known' to be a PR because of my general vibe, I'd totally claim the wrong one if I were pushed, and encourage no one to counter it.
In post 294, krylea wrote:Wait, hold the damn phone. The majority of players in the game were scumreading shannon, then she claims VT and accidentally maybe-self-hammers...and now we are just ignoring her because Titus and Titus alone decided she was townreading her? Is literally anyone else townreading shannon?
The wagon on Toto fizzled out, the wagon on shannon was slow to start and fell apart, then was revived...and now its fizzling out again? Does noone else find that suspicious as hell?

And vis a vis theory, the way we should play this is focus on scum, get them to L-1, give them a chance to claim so we make sure we aren't tunnelling a PR and then
lynch them if they aren't a PR
. Not mass unvote because we all get cold feet and start second guessing all our wagons. All that does is exactly what srceenplay and mooney said - gives more information to scum.

I don't like what Titus has been suggesting, but I am not sure I agree with the Titus scumreads over it - this seems like a theory question, and
ICs cannot lie about theory
. It's in the rules.
Titus is doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing, and she's giving you good advice.

If you scum read me, keep pushing. If you think I'm town, unvote me. It's that easy.

This. This is what I think Mooney is missing. And really, two people (me and Toto) is not 'everyone'.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 275, mlmooney89 wrote:Okay this whole claiming right before you get lynched is a joke. We might as well just go in a circle and claim. That's what this game is boiling down to. Wagon on Toto? Claim, Wagon on Shannon? Claim... and so on and so forth. In the end we have outed our power roles and have a bunch of VT claims. So now we lynch one of the VT's (cause you know now that we got the PR's out of the way we have less to pick from) But hey now scum can pick from our PR's to kill and we can protect those that we can. Then we line those VT's back up and lynch one again so that scum takes another power role. This can't seriously be how all the games are outside of newbie games... is it? This whole lining up our wagons, waiting for a claim, then rewagoning crap is getting exhausting.
Seriously, there have been two wagons. Toto, and me. If you town read someone (you have said that you town read me), you don't join their wagon just to have a wagon happen quickly. You start one on someone else. The plan is absolutely *not* to wagon everyone, just the people you think are scummy. Go read another game and see how it is.
In post 277, Titus wrote:
In post 275, mlmooney89 wrote:Okay this whole claiming right before you get lynched is a joke. We might as well just go in a circle and claim. That's what this game is boiling down to. Wagon on Toto? Claim, Wagon on Shannon? Claim... and so on and so forth. In the end we have outed our power roles and have a bunch of VT claims. So now we lynch one of the VT's (cause you know now that we got the PR's out of the way we have less to pick from) But hey now scum can pick from our PR's to kill and we can protect those that we can. Then we line those VT's back up and lynch one again so that scum takes another power role. This can't seriously be how all the games are outside of newbie games... is it? This whole lining up our wagons, waiting for a claim, then rewagoning crap is getting exhausting.
VOTE: Mlmooney

Running out of mislynches? Yes, we wagon, assess the claim and move forward. If the group believes the slot is town, we lynch someone else.

If any single slot wagons everyone and their brother but buys every claim, that's hard data of scum influence
Everyone pay attention to the bold. Who has been on both my and Toto's wagons? Genuinely?
In post 279, mlmooney89 wrote:I Pm'd Creature to ask how replacements work. I'm not interested in a game that we just line people up for them to role claim. I've looked into three other newbie games and have seen very little of asking people to claim and even one IC saying NOT to claim. And please don't think my alignment has anything to do with why I don't like how this game is played. I'm sitting here wanting a real sport of figuring out the mystery of who is scum and if we are just all going to sit here and tell each other the one thing that turns the tide of the game then that isn't sport at all.
All I will say is that there is no rule that says someone has to claim. I claimed because I saw my lynch as inevitable and I wanted to reassure town that they're not losing a PR. There's also nothing to say that a claim has to be *true*, obviously.

If you don't like how this particular game is going, play differently. I would suggest, though, that asking us to lynch 'just anyone' is silly.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 308, shannon wrote:
In post 292, Toto wrote:If you claim another role you force the other PR to counter claim and reveal himself. If you are bp there could be a jailkeeper. If you claim doctor the jK will say you are lying because the set up is impossible and now you cost us a jk
It depends on how much you trust the people you're playing with and the individual game. If I were already 'known' to be a PR because of my general vibe, I'd totally claim the wrong one if I were pushed, and encourage no one to counter it.
In post 294, krylea wrote:Wait, hold the damn phone. The majority of players in the game were scumreading shannon, then she claims VT and accidentally maybe-self-hammers...and now we are just ignoring her because Titus and Titus alone decided she was townreading her? Is literally anyone else townreading shannon?
The wagon on Toto fizzled out, the wagon on shannon was slow to start and fell apart, then was revived...and now its fizzling out again? Does noone else find that suspicious as hell?

And vis a vis theory, the way we should play this is focus on scum, get them to L-1, give them a chance to claim so we make sure we aren't tunnelling a PR and then
lynch them if they aren't a PR
. Not mass unvote because we all get cold feet and start second guessing all our wagons. All that does is exactly what srceenplay and mooney said - gives more information to scum.

I don't like what Titus has been suggesting, but I am not sure I agree with the Titus scumreads over it - this seems like a theory question, and
ICs cannot lie about theory
. It's in the rules.
Titus is doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing, and she's giving you good advice.

If you scum read me, keep pushing. If you think I'm town, unvote me. It's that easy.

This. This is what I think Mooney is missing. And really, two people (me and Toto) is not 'everyone'.
what is it that Mooney is missing? I am not understanding what you are trying to say. And were is this "everyone"
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 290, shannon wrote:Well, looks like I'm alive.

And no, Mooney, we don't line 'everyone' up, we look at the people who are scummy and line *them* up. You are really over-simplifying things.
This must have been the "everyone"
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 258, Srceenplay wrote:My point is you could have given out any type of read this past week. You didn't.
You wait until you are being voted up to do so. So how does your prejudice apply now but not 12 hours ago?

If I am a scum would I willing be putting myself out there questioning your motives on d1, or would the scum sit back and be quiet a let it play out to see what happens?

Personally I think if you are town and you have anything to say or on your mind I think you are obligated to say it. Why is your prejudice concerning?
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by shannon »

Mooney is saying she thinks we just take turns in wagoning and claiming everyone. From Krylea's post, this is what she's missing -
"The point is to make sure someone isnt a PR before they die, not to randomly run each person up to L-1 and get a claim."

So, everyone - are you lynching me or what? Let's have less of this BS about strategy and more about playing please
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by shannon »

I am finding this ridiculous and I'm going to walk away for a bit, it's giving me headaches. Lynch me or don't, just get around to some actual gameplay please.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 313, shannon wrote:Mooney is saying she thinks we just take turns in wagoning and claiming everyone. From Krylea's post, this is what she's missing -
"The point is to make sure someone isnt a PR before they die, not to randomly run each person up to L-1 and get a claim."

So, everyone - are you lynching me or what? Let's have less of this BS about strategy and more about playing please
In post 314, shannon wrote:I am finding this ridiculous and I'm going to walk away for a bit, it's giving me headaches. Lynch me or don't, just get around to some actual gameplay please.
Fucking seriously.
Elhabe21
Elhabe21
Townie
Elhabe21
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Elhabe21 »

In post 295, Srceenplay wrote:I think Titus is trolling us. She started the game with simple one liners without a lot of substance. The questions I ask, I feel get answered in a round about way or not at all.

I am still suspicious of Shannon. But I don't know if I see it possible that both of them are scum. I didn't how she gave her town reads late, quoted lost of post to make cases and then say she is done not doing anymore because she doesn't want her prejudice to influence town.

Arrow should have been prod already. So I think he is more of a just not interested in the game person.

Krylea was my top town read. People started questioning her tactics and calling them scuming and now her post have fallen off.

Mooney used to be a scum read but her frustration with town and there scum hunting seems genuine to me.

Fruit and elhabe lack of inactivity and coming in right before the prod time to post is suspicious. It's like they are purposely sitting back and waiting. For what I don't know.

Toto had odd post at the beginning, that I believe were to get people talking and get the game going. It worked. Honestly town started toslow down when he went on v/la
I know I probably look "suspicious" cuz of my inactivity, but I've been too busy to read the last two pages. So I had some catching up to do. Anyway, I wanted to say what my two top scum reads are. Probably Titus and Fruit. Them because well, Fruit is more inactive than me most times and doesn't give much info, although I'm a little hypocritical sometimes,lol.
Titus wrote:Same difference. Mechanics are theory. The guide to being a good IC explains what I can and cannot do. I cannot advise to do dumb things because others have done it.

For the record, everyone but money, kyrea, and E is town.
Also, it's interesting that you name three ppl who you're convinced are anti-town, but you don't explain you're reasoning. Seems to me like you're pushing off blame onto us just to make it look like you know what you're talking about and just trying to make it seem like you're taking part in the discussion
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Titus
Elhabe21
Elhabe21
Townie
Elhabe21
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Elhabe21 »

And I'll try being more active in the future and just taking part in the discussions.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 314, shannon wrote:I am finding this ridiculous and I'm going to walk away for a bit, it's giving me headaches. Lynch me or don't, just get around to some actual gameplay please.
I think this is some of the most game play we have had since it has started, dont you?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Toto »

Titus is at L minus 1.

Titus explain again your town read on Shannon. And everyone else for that matter.

No body hammers without posting intent to hammer and have everyone else in the wagon agree to it first. That is only if anyone else thinks Titus is mafia.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Toto »

UNVOTE: titus

Don't think elhabe noticed the l-1. Also fruitman is there since rvs and he is not very active.

So no claim yet. Just reads.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 319, Toto wrote:
Titus is at L minus 1.

Titus explain again your town read on Shannon. And everyone else for that matter.

No body hammers without posting intent to hammer and have everyone else in the wagon agree to it first. That is only if anyone else thinks Titus is mafia.
I already explained my townread on Shannon. The self hammer derp likely comes from town.

Toto is town because of the creepy wagon.
Screenplay is obvtown.
I am town because role PM.

Arrow hasn't done much but what he has done is useful. As a social psychology analyzer, I generally start slower and get steam later.
Fruitsman is vla, but still gathering useful analysis.

By PoE, scum need to be in the last 3.

If I am right that Shannon and toto are both town, then there is 1-2 mislynches available for scum. Given there are always 2 power roles, 5vts, and 2 scum fucks.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Titus »

*So I understand why Arrow doesn't like d1.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Srceenplay »

The reason I voted Titus is because I thought she was trolling us. Trying to fish for all of our roles. If everyone agrees that she isn't and can't lie about that being optimal strategy then I have to take my vote off.

UNVOTE: Titus
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:33 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 312, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 258, Srceenplay wrote:My point is you could have given out any type of read this past week. You didn't.
You wait until you are being voted up to do so. So how does your prejudice apply now but not 12 hours ago?

If I am a scum would I willing be putting myself out there questioning your motives on d1, or would the scum sit back and be quiet a let it play out to see what happens?

Personally I think if you are town and you have anything to say or on your mind I think you are obligated to say it. Why is your prejudice concerning?
Now, does any one else feel that Shannon has answered this for me? If so could you point out where?
For now Shannon is still where my suspicion is. I don't think "accidentally" voting yourself automatically makes you town.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”