Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

It's because I'm essentially obvtown to anyone who knows what to look for..:p

@pie: I suppose I disagree, primarily because of the stifling effect such exchanges tend to have on conversation throughout the thread. I believe it's an anti-town sentiment.
@smith: do you agree with pies thoughts on this matter?
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3673, Human Sequencer wrote:How are people townreading cerb again?
It it literally just 'he paired with the ic'?
keep your lips sealed, or I'll have to make sure that I seal them for you.

/stares into your eyes
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:34 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3675, Cerberus v666 wrote:@pie: I suppose I disagree, primarily because of the stifling effect such exchanges tend to have on conversation throughout the thread. I believe it's an anti-town sentiment.
I don't agree with this mentality at all. in fact, I actually think it's far more toxic than anything I've said or done in this game.

if you don't want to read it, skip it - but there is no reason I or anyone else should be forced to play suboptimally just because other people find it unpleasant, especially when they always have the option to just skip over it if they don't want to engage it.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Kagami »

Hitting deadline in first dance should also be an auto-lose
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

@pie, watch shiki plz. Everything you type has an opportunity for me to follow up w/ a shiki joke but I can't because I can't be sure that you've seen it or not.

@kagami "First dance will end if there are 12 players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached. During the intermission, Mafia may secretly force one of the dance pairs to leave. Second dance will then begin, and continue until the game's end." From first post.
So first dance just ends, and intermission starts.
nah
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Kagami »

Sorry pie, I'm on cerb's side here. Even if you see some marginal benefit to posting all that out here, it's a behavior that benefits you add scum far more, so town-you shouldn't do it.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Kagami »

I understand that, HS. It was a note to fg more than anyone.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Kagami »

As scum*
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:40 am

Pie and smith were both trying to sort each other out, and hearing others' thoughts on the interaction can help with that.
Having that conversation in the PT would be like really dumb tbh. They weren't even talking to each other for most of it, they were talking to town about each other.
nah
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3681, Kagami wrote:I understand that, HS. It was a note to fg more than anyone.
what, so you -want- town to lose?

like how else am i supposed to read this
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Kagami »

If I were scum and had a manner that allowed it, I would attempt to have such a conversion if possible, especially given all the "no suicide" nonsense.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3680, Kagami wrote:Sorry pie, I'm on cerb's side here. Even if you see some marginal benefit to posting all that out here, it's a behavior that benefits you add scum far more, so town-you shouldn't do it.
had I kept this in the PT, what probably would have happened was I'd still think mhsmith is scum, neither of us would have got anywhere with our reads on each other, it'd be close to irreparable, and no one in the thread would be able to engage with it in any meaningful way because they wouldn't know what was going on. except maybe for brief relays from the PT, but that's nowhere enough detail to engage with it in any meaningful way.

if mhsmith is town, then what I did was better.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 3684, Parama wrote:
In post 3681, Kagami wrote:I understand that, HS. It was a note to fg more than anyone.
what, so you -want- town to lose?

like how else am i supposed to read this
Competently, I suppose.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Kagami »

Shrug, let's just lynch something. No lynch isn't terrible, but we could have done that 7 days ago.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3677, pieguyn wrote:
In post 3675, Cerberus v666 wrote:@pie: I suppose I disagree, primarily because of the stifling effect such exchanges tend to have on conversation throughout the thread. I believe it's an anti-town sentiment.
I don't agree with this mentality at all. in fact, I actually think it's far more toxic than anything I've said or done in this game.

if you don't want to read it, skip it - but there is no reason I or anyone else should be forced to play suboptimally just because other people find it unpleasant, especially when they always have the option to just skip over it if they don't want to engage it.
I agree. I'm not one to complain about people posting a lot etc. The mentality your attacking isn't one I share....however, I know a LOT of players DO feel that way, and their eyes glaze over when they see series of walls, and it inspires apathy in the town.

I expect you to know better than to drown town in something that induces apathy within 20 hours of deadline.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Kagami »

VOTE: Jester

Preferred lynch. Will vote others if nec.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3689, Cerberus v666 wrote:I agree. I'm not one to complain about people posting a lot etc. The mentality your attacking isn't one I share....however, I know a LOT of players DO feel that way, and their eyes glaze over when they see series of walls, and it inspires apathy in the town.

I expect you to know better than to drown town in something that induces apathy within 20 hours of deadline.
/shrug

as I said, I'm not going to force myself to play suboptimally - people can just skip over my posts if they don't want to read them. if they can't handle even skipping over them, that's their fault
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:15 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3677, pieguyn wrote:

Yes
In post 3680, Kagami wrote:Sorry pie, I'm on cerb's side here. Even if you see some marginal benefit to posting all that out here, it's a behavior that benefits you add scum far more, so town-you shouldn't do it.
This is one of those things that begs for an explanation for how it benefits scum!pie in particular. Is it the "it creates apathy" theory? Is it her trying to look angry for towncred? Something else?
In post 3683, Human Sequencer wrote:Pie and smith were both trying to sort each other out, and hearing others' thoughts on the interaction can help with that.
Having that conversation in the PT would be like really dumb tbh. They weren't even talking to each other for most of it, they were talking to town about each other.
I'd say we were talking both to each other and to town, but essentially yes. I completely fail to see the benefit of having the conversation in PT, fwiw.
In post 3686, pieguyn wrote:
had I kept this in the PT, what probably would have happened was I'd still think mhsmith is scum, neither of us would have got anywhere with our reads on each other, it'd be close to irreparable, and no one in the thread would be able to engage with it in any meaningful way because they wouldn't know what was going on. except maybe for brief relays from the PT, but that's nowhere enough detail to engage with it in any meaningful way.

if mhsmith is town, then what I did was better.
QFT
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3608, mhsmith0 wrote:@Kagami: Still waiting on an answer to this by the way
In post 3313, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3311, Kagami wrote:
In post 3301, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3300, Kagami wrote:I don't understand why you haven't been actively pushing people to place votes given your belief in the merits of vote analysis.
THAT is your objection here? Really?
The question is whether you're town who is extremely passionate about people dying via lynch rather than vig, or scum who has latched onto this as a pro-town talking point.
Yes, that is a useful question to consider. Why do you think my interaction with the current non-voters (since one way or another we're going to eventually reach majority) is important wrt sorting the larger question of whether i'm sincere in my giving a damn about voting data or not?
Show
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Parama »

anyways i'm gonna be at work when deadline hits and phoneposting is annoying so uhh yeah lynch shadow please peace out
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Kagami »

Keep waiting, smith, it's a ridiculous question with a false assumption.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:30 am

Town is fighting itself so much smh
Notice Shadow/Mariar/Jester/cerb have all refused to interact w/ the smith/pie interaction in any meaningful way, this is scum coasting letting town self-destruct.
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:34 am

I cannot believe smith/pie got to 4 votes, hory shet
if one of them is scum i bet they're laughing their ass off at me :<
nah
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:35 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3695, Kagami wrote:Keep waiting, smith, it's a ridiculous question with a false assumption.
It's not a ridiculous question, and if there's a false assumption it certainly isn't obvious what that is.

Me: I care about VCA
You: Why aren't you pushing non-voters - maybe you're just scum latching onto VCA being important as a talking point
Me: It's useful to consider if I'm serious about VCA. Why do you think that my interaction (or lack thereof) with non-voters is important wrt the larger question?

The only thing that COULD be a false assumption is that we'll eventually reach majority, but it's blindingly obvious that we eventually will, either before day end today or after the night kills happen, since the alternative is auto-loss (I suppose the other alternative is more suicide, but HOPEFULLY town isn't this dumb). So given that we will eventually reach majority, everyone will have a vote at that time, and "not voting" is itself a voting position (and can be scrutinized like any other voting position, and at any rate it's reasonably possible that current non-voters will actually vote before that point happens), which means that pushing non-voters to vote at this point in time is important because ______?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:38 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

More to the point, taking non-positions like not voting or vote parking off of main wagons without much of a push is something that comes into sharper relief after we get flips and see whether the main wagons were on scum or not. So the idea that valuing VCA is itself cause for putting special focus right now on people who aren't currently voting doesn't really jive w me.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”