Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.06Image

Ramcius (1)
Gamma Emerald (2)
, ,
Charloux (2)
, ,
Accountant (1)
Not Voting (3)
, , ,

Day one deadline is Sunday December 25, 11 AM PST. (expired on 2016-12-25 12:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I am in agreement with Ramcius here: mafia are usually very passive, I feel in Newbies especially. I've seen scum win by not putting themselves out there much. That's why I drive people to post sometimes by specifically hunting their activity.
That's quite a lot of words for one simple point. I definitely feel Ramcius is town currently for thinking similarly to me.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 71, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think ny is SRing Accountant for IC posting tbh
On a look back I was both right and wrong here: he was SRing the CONTENT of the IC post.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ramcius

VVD, ny

Accountant, Mewtaph

Charloux, Pepcho

DBW

My reads after rereading
VOTE: DBW
<Embrace The Void>

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 98, Ramcius wrote:another slip? scum usually try be passive, and even if they put effort, scum always avoid give content, and you try convince Gamma opposite, and how you know Accountant enjoy playing scum? He told in mafia PT?
I don't blame you for not knowing this, but it's open knowledge that I enjoy playing scum immensely, for example here:
In post 125, Accountant wrote:I want to win a scummy for best mafia player because I love playing scum
I'm just the sort of player who enjoys knowing more than I should, and so I like being a mafia member :P

VOTE: DeathByWobuffet
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

Gamma, talk to me about VVD. I have a nullread on him and I want to know why you think he's town.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 104, Accountant wrote:
In post 98, Ramcius wrote:another slip? scum usually try be passive, and even if they put effort, scum always avoid give content, and you try convince Gamma opposite, and how you know Accountant enjoy playing scum? He told in mafia PT?
I don't blame you for not knowing this, but it's open knowledge that I enjoy playing scum immensely, for example here:
In post 125, Accountant wrote:I want to win a scummy for best mafia player because I love playing scum
I'm just the sort of player who enjoys knowing more than I should, and so I like being a mafia member :P

VOTE: DeathByWobuffet
knowing is burden :D anyway, Charloux giving false info and arguing valid point - mafia won't give content easily, and posting actively/putting effort by far not mean giving content, and someone with some experience suppose to know that
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Charloux »

In post 95, Charloux wrote:
In post 92, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying scum has less motivation to provide more content.
If someone enjoys playing scum, i think they would put in more effort, don't ya think?
I think i sound pretty objective here (My opinion it seems)
So, can those who think this is a slip paraphrase it to sound more objectively. Or should i start adding "Objectively speaking" or "Joke" before my posts?
I also didn't think about accountant while posting this and it's the first time i hear he is after the award. But i do think that he would give his all regardless of alignment.
@Ramcius: If you bite when you are attacked, i explode taking down everybody with me; So i suggest not going on a Jihad because of something stupid as your pride.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 107, Charloux wrote:
In post 95, Charloux wrote:
In post 92, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying scum has less motivation to provide more content.
If someone enjoys playing scum, i think they would put in more effort, don't ya think?
I think i sound pretty objective here (My opinion it seems)
So, can those who think this is a slip paraphrase it to sound more objectively. Or should i start adding "Objectively speaking" or "Joke" before my posts?
I also didn't think about accountant while posting this and it's the first time i hear he is after the award. But i do think that he would give his all regardless of alignment.
@Ramcius: If you bite when you are attacked, i explode taking down everybody with me; So i suggest not going on a Jihad because of something stupid as your pride.
And how that's town mentality? And i said, i bite, when i getting accused on false accusations, yet, i make valid arguments on you, and on top, i still not voting you, but more i see, more i think you are candidate for D1 lynch, putting jokes like this is mafia putting effort in game, as you said in your post, cause i have yet to see you try to find mafia (aside from false accusation on me)
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 107, Charloux wrote:@Ramcius: If you bite when you are attacked, i explode taking down everybody with me; So i suggest not going on a Jihad because of something stupid as your pride.
VOTE: Charloux

I think that this statement is doing precisely what he accused Ramcius of doing.
In post 87, Charloux wrote:I'll treat your comments as "get the fuck off my back, don't ask why" for today then.

Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by Charloux »

Ouch and were intended for you, but i guess it was too forceful.
DeathByWobbuffet
DeathByWobbuffet
Townie
DeathByWobbuffet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:23 am

Post by DeathByWobbuffet »

In post 81, Accountant wrote:
In post 75, DeathByWobbuffet wrote:UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald
I don't know why everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon with me, but I don't feel comfortable with having someone at L-2 on page 3 while we're still basically in RVS. Will be back with some thoughts on the game so far later, a bit busy now.
What makes you think we are in RVS? Quite a few substantive accusations have been thrown around.
Sorry, I didn't phrase that too well. What I meant to say is that bandwagon formed entirely during RVS.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 111, DeathByWobbuffet wrote:
In post 81, Accountant wrote:
In post 75, DeathByWobbuffet wrote:UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald
I don't know why everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon with me, but I don't feel comfortable with having someone at L-2 on page 3 while we're still basically in RVS. Will be back with some thoughts on the game so far later, a bit busy now.
What makes you think we are in RVS? Quite a few substantive accusations have been thrown around.
Sorry, I didn't phrase that too well. What I meant to say is that bandwagon formed entirely during RVS.
Well, we way past RVS now, so we appreciate your contribution to finding mafia, you have only 3 posts in here after all, and people already starting vote you
DeathByWobbuffet
DeathByWobbuffet
Townie
DeathByWobbuffet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by DeathByWobbuffet »

that makes 0 sense
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Accountant »

DBW, who is your strongest scum read?

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.07Image

Ramcius (1)
DeathByWobbuffet (1)
Gamma Emerald (1)
Charloux (2)
, ,
Accountant (1)
Not Voting (3)
, , ,

Day one deadline is Sunday December 25, 11 AM PST. (expired on 2016-12-25 12:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 113, DeathByWobbuffet wrote:that makes 0 sense
why? we need find mafia, you do nothing to help, how that not makes sense? we can misslynch 2 times and still win, so i'm totally fine with PL on someone, who do nothing
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

I read accountant scum initially for the same reasons as pepchoninga and I want to say it's a sheep but I don't think it's the case. It feels too obvious a sheep when the only (what I think is) substantial scum read given was from me and his scum read seems to be almost identical. The reason why I think it might not be a sheep (and this is the way I'm leaning for now) is that near the bottom of post 82,
In post 82, Pepchoninga wrote:I believe that what Accountant is doing is provoking people to show there true self. Questions in mafia are not asked for people to get answers but to see reactions. Ways they answer are hints to who they are. Tho this can also be used as a great protection. Xe almost talks like all his actions till this point are all made in the benefit of town. While other members are showing some motives and are even demonstating there playstyles, Accountant is being calm and collected, asking questions and then leaving them at that, without taking actions or persuing people who he belives are not town to further pressure them.

FoS: Accountant

Also I think it was you who asked me if I like early pressure lynches. Here is my answer: It depends. When I play in a new enviorment like this, with people I do not know, I mostly like to not take actions till I get the flow of the game and get to actually know a the people I'm playing with a little bit.

About bandwagoning. This is a term that was constantly used to point mafia in my first games of mafia on another not dedicated to mafia forum. Bandwagoning too fast and without trying to give your thoughts on why exactly you think a certain person deserves your vote could be suspicious. If you bandwagon with reason then it's not a bad thing. In fact is a winning move for Town.
he says "also I think it was you who asked me" which shows that he's probably just skimming through the thread and not really paying attention to exactly what is being said. I feel like he probably just saw accountant's name pop up the most in posts and just read through those posts and decided to make a stance on accountant's alignment. So for now, I lightly town lean on pepchoninga because I think that his thoughts are coming from a towny mind set since I thought the same things.[/quote]

I have skimmed some of the posts but I have paid enough attention to know what is happening on the other fronts of the game. I moved in on Accountant since he did seem to be the most active and eager the get every information posible while his passiveness contributed to him trying to protect his alliance. In my first game I played with a player who had a similar game plan and ended being the godfather and shadowing our thoughts for most of the game. This is one of the soul purposes I don't belive in this playing style.

I will admit I have not been as active in the discussion and will try to change that.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

While Ramicus's playing style really does seem like a scared townie who is being aggressive and cocky (and I hate this way of playing) I'm still not biting on him being town. You say people give false accusations on you, yet you have only really gone against the people that actually question your allegiance. Why?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Prodge. Siteflaked, trying to catch up on all my games. Posts should come in a bit.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 117, Pepchoninga wrote:passiveness contributed to him trying to protect his alliance
Alliance?

Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 118, Pepchoninga wrote:While Ramicus's playing style really does seem like a scared townie who is being aggressive and cocky (and I hate this way of playing) I'm still not biting on him being town. You say people give false accusations on you, yet you have only really gone against the people that actually question your allegiance. Why?
First, i'm not scared, why should i be? I'm prime target for N1 kill now, second, to go after someone, they should post something to go after, if people stays inactive like this, how i can tell something about them? Just like you, have only few posts, so what i could tell about you? That you don't read what i wrote? Cause accountant actions are easily explained by him being IC and not wanting interfere too much early in game
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:46 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

By alliance I mean either Town or Scum Accountant.

Well, you say if you are not gonna help me scum hunt then don't stay in my way. I haven't seen you do any scum hunting yet. And in mafia you need to provoke people to say something to go after. That's why it's good to ask questions. you can't expect everybody to be like "Hey, I'm gonna say something scummy so you can after me". This is mostly done in the early beginning of the game or the RVS stage as you call it or whatever (not really good with the terminology in mafia still lol). After that it is a game of who is better at gathering evidence and using them to your advantage and helping your faction goals.

Also saying you are a prime target for Night 1 kill is not something I belive a town in your situation would say. Furthermore I would like to ask you why are you seeming so aggressive if you are not scared? Is this a game plan, or just your personality?

Last let me point out that if Accountant is holding back just because he is an IC, well this is dumb. Isn't the ICs job to help us get better at the game, by explaining things and giving his best in the game? He can do both imo. We are playing a game of mafia and even tho this is a newbie game where most of us are new or at least relatively new, I belive everybody should be playing like they usually do. Nydushermain pointed out that in another Accountant game his playing style was simular but not as passive. This is what is bothering me.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 122, Pepchoninga wrote:By alliance I mean either Town or Scum Accountant.

Well, you say if you are not gonna help me scum hunt then don't stay in my way. I haven't seen you do any scum hunting yet. And in mafia you need to provoke people to say something to go after. That's why it's good to ask questions. you can't expect everybody to be like "Hey, I'm gonna say something scummy so you can after me". This is mostly done in the early beginning of the game or the RVS stage as you call it or whatever (not really good with the terminology in mafia still lol). After that it is a game of who is better at gathering evidence and using them to your advantage and helping your faction goals.

Also saying you are a prime target for Night 1 kill is not something I belive a town in your situation would say. Furthermore I would like to ask you why are you seeming so aggressive if you are not scared? Is this a game plan, or just your personality?

Last let me point out that if Accountant is holding back just because he is an IC, well this is dumb. Isn't the ICs job to help us get better at the game, by explaining things and giving his best in the game? He can do both imo. We are playing a game of mafia and even tho this is a newbie game where most of us are new or at least relatively new, I belive everybody should be playing like they usually do. Nydushermain pointed out that in another Accountant game his playing style was simular but not as passive. This is what is bothering me.
You said i'm look scared, so i said i'm not, and gave reason why i'm not, it's just simple logic, i'm very vocal, and townread by people, so getting me lynched would be hard task for mafia, especially when game so stall, so yes, i'm prime target, and announcing it i play WIFOM on mafia kill tonight (in case we got doc).

Could you describe me scumhunting, so i would know what i supposed to do, since you say i haven't done it yet, i'll be grateful

Was it another newbie game, that Nyd mentioned? Cause i had impression it wasn't, and i'm not going compare IC actions in normal and newbie games
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 73, nydushermain wrote:
In post 48, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 24, nydushermain wrote:I think mewtaph is lightly townie too after a reread. I think that the way he addressed charloux sounded like he was potentially pushing scum on char, but wasn't really too accusatory and instead, felt more inquisitive.
@nydushermain: Say Player X came in for their first post with an accusation on one of the active players, Player Y. How would you go about trying to read this kind of post?
It would depend on the circumstance. I know I didn't really say this as a reason but to be honest, I really liked how what you posted sounded in my head. I read it in a sassy way and I liked it.
I guess it's largely on a case by case basis. Similarly to how I feel that OMGUS isn't necessarily scum indicative depending on how someone does it. I guess what I'm worried about currently is what you look for while scum hunting. Based on your Accountant vote, it sounds like you don't like his passiveness and no sense of follow up on his questions. Talk about it with me. I think IC posting is naturally passive/neutral, have you factored this into your read? What exactly makes you feel like Accountant feels off here. Is there something about the way Accountant presents game theory and how he asks questions that "pings" you in particular?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”