Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:08 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Pepchoninga Has been prodded
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:04 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 173, Accountant wrote:Well, I'm very tired and I just had a very tiring week. I am not in the mood to play ISO games. Please link to the exact post where you outline your reasons.
68: I outline my initial scum read on you based on your passiveness and DESPITE ACTIVITY and based on a post which I feel is scummy and I can't shake off

157: I say that it's weird that you're avoiding reading me despite our interactions
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:12 am

Post by nydushermain »

If DBW gets lynched and flips town, I'd look at the people jumping on him for inactivity. That is just the easiest fluff read you can give as scum to lynch a town. If he flips scum, kudos to positions 1 and 3 in the wagon. First to push is probably town unless he's scum planning it out but not planning to have gotten his partner lynched so if position 1 lasts a while without getting night killed, look at him. Position 3 is almost always town to me if DBW is scum because he pushed the votes to a dangerous number. No one had higher than votes at the time so to push your scum partner a third vote in the circumstance seems extremely weird play. It kind of damns a lurking scum partner so I think position 3 is always town in that case.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Ramcius »

first of all, we not going lynch DBW just yet, it's pressure voting, and from what i see till now, he either frustrated VT or clueless mafia, and personally leaning scum on him, i see literally no effort from him to do anything
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:25 am

Post by nydushermain »

I'm not saying we're lynching DBW but he has 3 votes now and 5 votes, from what I understand, is an autolynch.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Ramcius »

no one is going lynch him yet, and whoever think is good idea hammer DBW, will be on chopping block next, so i wouldn't worry about it for now, and if he gets lynched and flipps town later, he brought that on self, and we will be in good shape still after 1 ML
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by nydushermain »

There are 3 people with <10 posts. If they're all town do we just give mafia the win by lynching them all? I think DBW could potentially be scum but I think that going after obvious scum is better. There are people who have done things scummy, and then there are people who haven't done things towny. I'd rather lynch the former.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Charloux »

I'd rather lynch all lurkers and lose than mislynch 3 actives and lose to lurkers. But we aren't going to do that.

Ramcius explained what this wagon is for, and what would mean for the guy who hammers; And yet you are still against it that much, why?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Please come up with better reasons than lynching a lurker for DBW. I've seen him lurk out before as town.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 183, Gamma Emerald wrote:Please come up with better reasons than lynching a lurker for DBW. I've seen him lurk out before as town.
Something about this post seems really scummy. Can't quite place my tongue on why though...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 184, nydushermain wrote:
In post 183, Gamma Emerald wrote:Please come up with better reasons than lynching a lurker for DBW. I've seen him lurk out before as town.
Something about this post seems really scummy. Can't quite place my tongue on why though...
The fact I'm voting someone while the meta suggests they are town? I'm voting him based on content. The meta is not enough of a counterpoint.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I didn't even remember you voted him. Just something about your post sounds scummy. Maybe I'm just reading it to myself in a scummy tone.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 177, nydushermain wrote:If DBW gets lynched and flips town, I'd look at the people jumping on him for inactivity. That is just the easiest fluff read you can give as scum to lynch a town. If he flips scum, kudos to positions 1 and 3 in the wagon. First to push is probably town unless he's scum planning it out but not planning to have gotten his partner lynched so if position 1 lasts a while without getting night killed, look at him. Position 3 is almost always town to me if DBW is scum because he pushed the votes to a dangerous number. No one had higher than votes at the time so to push your scum partner a third vote in the circumstance seems extremely weird play. It kind of damns a lurking scum partner so I think position 3 is always town in that case.
I don't really like how nydushermain is lining up lynches here.

nydusher, I've already very clearly explained why that post wasn't scummy. You've understood the explanation, but continue to insist that it's scummy. I think that's because of the fact that you want a reason to be able to push me that nobody can refute(because since your reasoning has been debunked you're essentially just claiming I'm scummy because of your gut). That's something that's extremely scummy - it absolves you of responsibility of justifying your reads while letting you push mislynches forward.

This fits with your lining up lynches on DBW - you want to be able to sit on me at the end of the day and NOT on the DBW wagon. Yet, at the same time, you're letting the wagon go forward while telling everyone why DBW is town and the wagon is misguided:
I'm not saying we're lynching DBW but he has 3 votes now and 5 votes, from what I understand, is an autolynch.
There are 3 people with <10 posts. If they're all town do we just give mafia the win by lynching them all? I think DBW could potentially be scum but I think that going after obvious scum is better. There are people who have done things scummy, and then there are people who haven't done things towny. I'd rather lynch the former.
This is not the calm, meandering mindset that a townie has when the rest of the town is voting some lurker for no reason over their strongest scumread who their gut and overwhelming textual evidence!!! says is scum. I'd expect town!nydushermain in this position to be going "why the heck are you all voting DBW when obvscum is right here??" and getting more and more frustrated when nobody follows. The fact that you're openly denouncing the DBW wagon while not doing anything to stop it tells me that you're scum who wants to coast through D1 on a lurker wagon that nobody will blame him for. And
then
you have lynches lined up after DBW flips, all while looking like a brave and outspoken townie who's sitting on the IC.

If you want my read on you, here it is. I think you're scum.

VOTE: nydushermain
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 187, Accountant wrote:
In post 177, nydushermain wrote:If DBW gets lynched and flips town, I'd look at the people jumping on him for inactivity. That is just the easiest fluff read you can give as scum to lynch a town. If he flips scum, kudos to positions 1 and 3 in the wagon. First to push is probably town unless he's scum planning it out but not planning to have gotten his partner lynched so if position 1 lasts a while without getting night killed, look at him. Position 3 is almost always town to me if DBW is scum because he pushed the votes to a dangerous number. No one had higher than votes at the time so to push your scum partner a third vote in the circumstance seems extremely weird play. It kind of damns a lurking scum partner so I think position 3 is always town in that case.

nydusher, I've already very clearly explained why that post wasn't scummy. You've understood the explanation, but continue to insist that it's scummy. I think that's because of the fact that you want a reason to be able to push me that nobody can refute(because since your reasoning has been debunked you're essentially just claiming I'm scummy because of your gut). That's something that's extremely scummy - it absolves you of responsibility of justifying your reads while letting you push mislynches forward.

This fits with your lining up lynches on DBW - you want to be able to sit on me at the end of the day and NOT on the DBW wagon. Yet, at the same time, you're letting the wagon go forward while telling everyone why DBW is town and the wagon is misguided:
This is not the calm, meandering mindset that a townie has when the rest of the town is voting some lurker for no reason over their strongest scumread who their gut and overwhelming textual evidence!!! says is scum. I'd expect town!nydushermain in this position to be going "why the heck are you all voting DBW when obvscum is right here??" and getting more and more frustrated when nobody follows. The fact that you're openly denouncing the DBW wagon while not doing anything to stop it tells me that you're scum who wants to coast through D1 on a lurker wagon that nobody will blame him for. And
then
you have lynches lined up after DBW flips, all while looking like a brave and outspoken townie who's sitting on the IC.

If you want my read on you, here it is. I think you're scum.

VOTE: nydushermain
LOL what? I'm not saying that DBW is town. I'm saying that in the case that he flips town, these are what I think the conclusions would be.

ALSO, you saying "I explained why the post isn't scummy" doesn't make the post nonscummy. I disagree with your explanations as to why you think they aren't scummy. I've searched through your past played threads and albeit I've only seen one game of you being scum, it was SO different to your play now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's some bad posting and I expect you to unvote Accountant, ny.
<Embrace The Void>

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 189, Gamma Emerald wrote:That's some bad posting and I expect you to unvote Accountant, ny.
explain your town read on her
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Look at what you said about Accountant's meta. You contradict yourself.
<Embrace The Void>

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I completely misspoke... I meant that the town games were different to his play now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay then that makes more sense.
<Embrace The Void>

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Actually, that's also wrong and I want to explain something about his past games
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I think in like the 10 games I dove through that Accountant has been in, there was only 1 where he was scum. Now the scum game was actually very different to ALL the games that I read through so I thought that maybe I was wrong. But before then, call it confirmation bias, but the town games I read of him were different. They had him being a lot more aggressive towards people which I didn't see from him this game. I don't know the exact number that I read through but pretend the number is 9 town games. Then, I FINALLY found a scum game from accountant and was like "wow this is pretty different from his town play and the play in the current thread" so then I started completely doubting my read. For the sake of ego though, I went through another thread that was dated to be before the scum game (as all the town games I had seen him in were played AFTER the scum game). The town game that he played right before the game where he rolled scum was very similar to (in my opinion) that game. So my conclusion is: Accountant changed playstyles after having played scum that game for whatever reason. So I didn't misspeak in that I said the wrong read, I misspoke in terms of the intent.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Now I could link these threads but it would involve me going through his thread history AGAIN which sounds like a complete waste of time. Also @accountant, you say that you expect me to be more angry about DBW being lynched over you? The thing is, like I said prior in 146, I'm waiting for a flip. That means that I'm open to being wrong on people and that although I have a scum read on you, there are 3 scum in this game, meaning that a lynch on another person could still produce a mafia.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay ny is def town.
<Embrace The Void>

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 187, Accountant wrote:

When do I give any indication of "understanding" why your explanations are from a towny mindset?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Ramcius »

Yes, you wait flip to trump after and tell how wrong wee wee and line up some ML, i don't see you as a town, you don't try solve DBW situation, you want him lynched, and your push on accountant based just on meta from reading other games is joke, you say we should vote our top scumread? i'm up for it

VOTE: Nydushermain

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”