Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 579, Alisae wrote:Yeah! I have a question.

What mostly made me switch from "Hey, stop fighting" to "You're scum" is this post.
In post 352, nydushermain wrote:Can we just kill DBW and see what happens? I'm willing to be the hammer if there's a fourth vote.
How does this seem town or even null to you?

Also, why would scum me be grilling Pep and Nyd as hard as I am?
Also why would scum me stop pushing Nyd now, cause currently I much rather push a Pep lynch then a nyd lynch.
It's a really wonky post, but I think that's just the way nyd plays. It's consistent with how I would expect him to act if he's town. It's not even his scummiest post so far - I've felt that way before myself as town. I don't see why this one post made him skyrocket in your reads.

Where is Mewtaph?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 583, Alisae wrote:B. The whole buddying issue and "If he flipped scum, I would be in trouble" is a whole bunch of WIFOM
No it's not. Buddying the IC is pretty much standard scum play. I've been buddied many times by scum before. By saying "if [Accountant] flipped scum, I would be in trouble" you're acknowledging that you're essentially placing all your trust in the hope I am town, and I don't see why. I'd expect a townie to be more paranoid than that, especially as I am the IC and can fake being town easily as scum.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 617, Alisae wrote:
In post 614, nydushermain wrote:What I thought was towny of pep was something he did early I think (not sure if this is the case). Anyways, I also liked that he was defending me but after rereading, I realize that it might be scum!pep defending me to chainsaw himself.

I never said pep was mafia. DBW just seems like the way the lynch should go today tbh.

I never said DBW was town either, I said that pep was initially townie to me.
What did Pep do early?
I never that you said that Pep was maf, I'm asking why do you want to lynch DBW over Pep.
And I never said that you said that DBW is town. You said that I was town, so if you think that I am town, why would you want to consider lynching me?
I don't think I've really given DBW much thought due to low post count. The posts that I have seen of him though I haven't really considered them to be alignment indicative.

Pep I thought was townie because he came to the conclusion that accountant was scummy based on a similar reason to mine. It didn't seem like a sheep either so we were thinking the same way.

I don't really want to lynch you?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 624, Accountant wrote:
In post 578, Gamma Emerald wrote:Accountant is solid town. I have very good reasoning for this.
Let's hear it, then. You know, just so I can check you really townread me and aren't buddying me like Ali did.
I was suspecting you for not taking ny's playstyle into account based on a post you made earlier talking about playstyle differences then I saw you made a comment about how video mafia affects his playstyle so I felt like you weren't being unfair, and were able to notice that it was a playstyle issue.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 618, Alisae wrote:Also Nyd, let me ask you another question. As scum, what is your opinion in bussing your partner? Have you ever done it before?
In video mafia yes. I don't think I've ever rolled scum on forum before though. I would never bus a partner if I only had 1 though unless it was a LYLO/MYLO situation.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 623, Accountant wrote:
In post 581, Alisae wrote:
In post 577, Accountant wrote:secondly being provocative towards someone who you know responds badly under pressure is a textbook scum tactic(see Mini Normal 1825 where gameplay506 provokes rb as scum) to make them look even worse and get an easy mislynch. The speed seems artificial and makes me think it's a scum tactic rather than a natural progression of reads.
Also, isn't this what exactly you were doing with your extensive questioning?
There's a difference between questioning someone you think is scum and questioning someone to provoke them.
Alright. Is there a specific moment in which I started focusing moreso in provoking him than extensively question them?
Besides . That was kinda far.

And don't you think Nyd is Buddying Pep or Pep is buddying Nyd?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by nydushermain »

^ or if I know my partner isn't getting lynched
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 625, Accountant wrote:

What mostly made me switch from "Hey, stop fighting" to "You're scum" is this post.
In post 352, nydushermain wrote:Can we just kill DBW and see what happens? I'm willing to be the hammer if there's a fourth vote.

Also why would scum me stop pushing Nyd now, cause currently I much rather push a Pep lynch then a nyd lynch.
It's a really wonky post, but I think that's just the way nyd plays. It's consistent with how I would expect him to act if he's town. It's not even his scummiest post so far - I've felt that way before myself as town. I don't see why this one post made him skyrocket in your reads.

Where is Mewtaph?
It made me skyrocket because at this point it just seemed like he wanted you to get off his tail. Like he didn't know how to actually fight against you.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 626, Accountant wrote:
In post 583, Alisae wrote:B. The whole buddying issue and "If he flipped scum, I would be in trouble" is a whole bunch of WIFOM
No it's not. Buddying the IC is pretty much standard scum play. I've been buddied many times by scum before. By saying "if [Accountant] flipped scum, I would be in trouble" you're acknowledging that you're essentially placing all your trust in the hope I am town, and I don't see why. I'd expect a townie to be more paranoid than that, especially as I am the IC and can fake being town easily as scum.
What makes you think I'm buddying you because your the IC?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 628, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was suspecting you for not taking ny's playstyle into account based on a post you made earlier talking about playstyle differences then I saw you made a comment about how video mafia affects his playstyle so I felt like you weren't being unfair, and were able to notice that it was a playstyle issue.
Why does this make me solid town rather than null?

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 627, nydushermain wrote:Pep I thought was townie because he came to the conclusion that accountant was scummy based on a similar reason to mine. It didn't seem like a sheep either so we were thinking the same way.
Do you think Pep is trying to buddy you?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 634, Accountant wrote:
In post 628, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was suspecting you for not taking ny's playstyle into account based on a post you made earlier talking about playstyle differences then I saw you made a comment about how video mafia affects his playstyle so I felt like you weren't being unfair, and were able to notice that it was a playstyle issue.
Why does this make me solid town rather than null?
It demonstrates
a) you are willing to step baxk and reconsider
b) you are not playing contradictory to your comments on playstyle
and b is important since it took very little pushing from me to get you to fix the issue.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 635, Alisae wrote:
In post 627, nydushermain wrote:Pep I thought was townie because he came to the conclusion that accountant was scummy based on a similar reason to mine. It didn't seem like a sheep either so we were thinking the same way.
I could definitely see scum!pep doing it, not because he's trying to buddy me, but because you're going after him. I see like this kind of strategy where if he defends me successfully, he's always behind me in the lynch list if the fight between me and accountant continues. I dunno, it's a dumb answer I think because that's me saying it under the assumption that he's scum where if I assume he's town, he could just be defending me because of a scum read on you and accountant who were at the time attacking me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 637, nydushermain wrote:
I could definitely see scum!pep doing it, not because he's trying to buddy me, but because you're going after him. I see like this kind of strategy where if he defends me successfully, he's always behind me in the lynch list if the fight between me and accountant continues. I dunno, it's a dumb answer I think because that's me saying it under the assumption that he's scum where if I assume he's town, he could just be defending me because of a scum read on you and accountant who were at the time attacking me.
Gamma, does this look like buddying to you, or am I just going crazy?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 632, Alisae wrote:

Where is Mewtaph?
It made me skyrocket because at this point it just seemed like he wanted you to get off his tail. Like he didn't know how to actually fight against you.
Actually both are true. I definitely wanted pressure off me because it was irritating me because I didn't feel like the pressure was just. I also have zero idea how to push a lynch in forum mafia. You're not reading my intent correctly, but not my alignment. I think you're probably town as I've stated before.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 639, nydushermain wrote:
In post 632, Alisae wrote:

Where is Mewtaph?
Actually both are true. I definitely wanted pressure off me because it was irritating me because I didn't feel like the pressure was just. I also have zero idea how to push a lynch in forum mafia. You're not reading my intent correctly, but not my alignment. I think you're probably town as I've stated before.
Which in that case, it's definitely something you'll learn overtime as you play more and get more experience.
I'm still learnin to be honest ;)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 638, Alisae wrote:
Buddying who?
<Embrace The Void>

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 641, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 638, Alisae wrote:
Buddying who?
Either Nyd buddying Pep
or Pep buddying Nyd.
Or both.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think he's trying to convey that he believes Pep is trying to remain in the shadows by keeping ny-Accountant at the forefront.
<Embrace The Void>

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Ah okay, yeah I am just going crazy in that case.

Also Nyd, why are you self-analyzing yourself? It's very off putting.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yo ny are you down wkth voting Pepcho?
<Embrace The Void>

Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:02 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Alis you are looking for a thing to lach on atm, I don't see why. You have definetely succeded in taking the disscusion away from you.

I will say Ny, that I'm not really defending you. What I do is analyze you get a possibility of what you allingment is and then use the attack of Accountant and Alise to determine who imo is more likely to be a scum since I still belive one of them is and that is for me is Alis.

You know bote it's funny how you talk abou buddying when you are basically the one who does this from when you joined the game. First you buddy the IC who had a strong offence on another active player in Ny, then you saw me who was going against you and exactly when Gamma lynched me you started buddying him. What it seems you are doing is trying to get to the better people in the game and eliminate the "newer" players from behind there backs.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Yeah but Gamma why would you vote me down? Am I really the biggest threat right now? Also I still don't belive your motives on the lynch are really good. Would still like you to re-read some of the stuff.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What would you like me to reread?
<Embrace The Void>

Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Basically from when I started going on Alis. So that means from page 18-19. Mostly analyze the way he reacts to everything I say against him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”