Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Quagmire »

Sikario8 wrote:What have you gathered?
post 533. look it up yourself.
What you did was incredibly anti-town. It shows blatant disregard for the town, in other words.
Uhh, no it doesn't. Explain where it does please. And I guarantee you that my observations (before I looked at my role, of course) come from a purely townsperson's perspective.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:40 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

HAMMAH!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Sikario8 »

Quagmire wrote:
post 533
. look it up yourself.
What you did was incredibly anti-town. It shows blatant disregard for the town, in other words.
Uhh, no it doesn't. Explain where it does please. And I guarantee you that my observations (before I looked at my role, of course) come from a purely townsperson's perspective.
Nice post
Backing down: Your perspectives are town-ridden, yes, but it was the risk of you being anti-town that stood out. However, there's a risk of everyone being anti-town, so my post was pretty much baseless; therefore, I stand down - you are correct. Congratulations, Quag. I hope your role's interesting.
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:43 am

HAMMAH!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Sikario8 »

HAMMAH! who?
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 am

Quacky.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Peers »

ABR's just being retarded again, as per usual.

That, or he's making an incredibly brilliant observation about how you've decided to "stand down" but not unvote...
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:07 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Quagmire wrote:
post 533. look it up yourself.
While showing TS's wrong conclusions and all doesn't make you immediately pro-town, I am not convinced that you're scum.

Lynching someone because someone said that he didn't read his pm (I don't take it for granted that he really didn't read it) is not that good of a reason.

I get really a lot of scum vibes off Sikario. And KScope who still shows a lack of any worthwhile post!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Everyone voting Quagmire needs to unvote or present a case better than "he said he hadn't looked at his role pm, he could be lying!"
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:06 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Everyone voting Quagmire needs to unvote or present a case better than "he said he hadn't looked at his role pm, he could be lying!"
No. I say we lynch him because he wasted all his posts until page 20.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:06 am

Even if he read his role pm its not like he can backtrack and go after someone else now. He wasted his day1 and our time, now we lynch him.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:16 am

I'd rather lynch someone who is scum than someone who is useless for Day 1. Considering that there are actually people who seem like scum right now, we're better off lynching then than Quagmire.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:17 am

You don't know anyone who is scum.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:26 am

I'm voting scum right now.
Permanent V/LA.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Quagmire »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Even if he read his role pm its not like he can backtrack and go after someone else now. He wasted his day1 and our time, now we lynch him.
I've been voting for Toaster Strudel for many a page.
zu_Faul wrote:While showing TS's wrong conclusions and all doesn't make you immediately pro-town, I am not convinced that you're scum.
It shouldn't make me immediately pro town. Nothing should make me, or anybody else, immediately pro town. The best you can do at this point is theorize.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd rather lynch someone who is scum than someone who is useless for Day 1. Considering that there are actually people who seem like scum right now, we're better off lynching then than Quagmire.
I'm not so sure. I find it hard to see a mentality for Quag's play atm that falls in the protown category. If he doesnt want to play the game, Day 1 is the best time to get rid of him, as it also gains us info.

If we dont see anyone really standing out as scummy by the end of the day, i'm happy to just lynch him and be done with it.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Peers »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd rather lynch someone who is scum than someone who is useless for Day 1. Considering that there are actually people who seem like scum right now, we're better off lynching then than Quagmire.
Everyone in the town would rather lynch scum than someone who is useless; that's the game. But in this case, nobody can agree just who seems scummy. At least, no more than a few people can agree. Quag is the first person the whole town has really gotten together on, to push to the point of hammering. It's day 1, we don't have much to go on and Quag sent up a huge signal fire to distract us.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Quagmire »

Peers wrote:
Everyone in the town would rather lynch scum than someone who is useless; that's the game. But in this case, nobody can agree just who seems scummy. At least, no more than a few people can agree. Quag is the first person the whole town has really gotten together on, to push to the point of hammering. It's day 1, we don't have much to go on and Quag sent up a huge signal fire to distract us.
Yes, I understand where you're coming from. Someone saying unprovoked for no good reason that they haven't read their role PM up to this point really should be setting off your scum alarm. You know, because scum like to purposely go out of their way to gain attention.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Battle Mage wrote:
I'm not so sure. I find it hard to see a mentality for Quag's play atm that falls in the protown category. If he doesnt want to play the game, Day 1 is the best time to get rid of him, as it also gains us info.

If we dont see anyone really standing out as scummy by the end of the day, i'm happy to just lynch him and be done with it.

BM
How can you assign an alignment to his mentality at all? The base assumption is that he hasn't read his role pm. Therefore, he doesn't know if he is protown or scum yet, so you obviously cannot make the assumption that he is scum OR town.
Peers wrote:Everyone in the town would rather lynch scum than someone who is useless; that's the game. But in this case, nobody can agree just who seems scummy. At least, no more than a few people can agree. Quag is the first person the whole town has really gotten together on, to push to the point of hammering. It's day 1, we don't have much to go on and Quag sent up a huge signal fire to distract us.
I'd rather continue discussing things and come up with more suspects then decide Quagmire is a good compromise vote just because we can't decide on anyone else. The town has gotten together on Quagmire for no good reason. Just because they got together doesn't make it justified or good play.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Meh. Even MoS doesn't look so great anymore.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Sikario8 »

Peers wrote:ABR's just being retarded again, as per usual.

That, or he's making an incredibly brilliant observation about how
you've decided to "stand down" but not unvote
unvote

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Even if he read his role pm its not like he can backtrack and go after someone else now.
He wasted his day1 and our time
, now we lynch him.
Did anyone come up with a rebuttal for this?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
I'm voting scum right now.
Who is MoS voting for?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
How can you assign an alignment to his mentality at all? The base assumption is that he hasn't read his role pm. Therefore, he doesn't know if he is protown or scum yet, so you obviously cannot make the assumption that he is scum OR town.
Peers wrote:Everyone in the town would rather lynch scum than someone who is useless; that's the game. But in this case, nobody can agree just who seems scummy. At least, no more than a few people can agree. Quag is the first person the whole town has really gotten together on, to push to the point of hammering. It's day 1, we don't have much to go on and Quag sent up a huge signal fire to distract us.
I'd rather continue discussing things and come up with more suspects then decide Quagmire is a good compromise v
ote just because we can't decide on anyone else. The town has gotten together on Quagmire for no good reason. Just because they got together doesn't make it justified or good play.
Here's to hoping you're defending him for pro-town reasons. ::cheers::
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Meh. Even MoS doesn't look so great anymore.
just because someone disagrees with you and/or doesn't want to lynch Quag doesn't make them scum.
Sikario8 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Even if he read his role pm its not like he can backtrack and go after someone else now.
, now we lynch him.
Him not reading his role PM doesn't mean he's wasting anyone's time. If he's scum, it's a great play because then he's hard to read. If he's town, he can just play as a townie and not worry about any possible power role that he has. The reason our time is being wasted is because everyone's making such a big deal over this.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Sikario8 »

hasdgfas wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Meh. Even MoS doesn't look so great anymore.
just because someone disagrees with you and/or doesn't want to lynch Quag doesn't make them scum.
Sikario8 wrote:
, now we lynch him.
Him not reading his role PM doesn't mean he's wasting anyone's time. If he's scum, it's a great play because then he's hard to read. If he's town, he can just play as a townie and not worry about any possible power role that he has. The reason our time is being wasted is because everyone's making such a big deal over this.
Your opposition to this investigation, or mockery thereof, can be taken two ways. You can be genuinely upset that we're stuck on Quag and not hunting or you can be trying to preserve a scumbuddy. What if Quag's already looked at his role PM and what if you're his scumbuddy? Does this not imply that Quag
won't
change his playstyle and that, if we overlook him and you're his advocate, we'll consequently overlook you until you two NK everyone?
hasdgfas wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:Quag, it may be helpful for you not to read your Role PM, but it seriously disadvantages the rest of us, since you don't know what your alignment is on Day 1, and, if you're scum, you don't know who your buddies are, that makes all of your posts on Day 1 completely useless for trying to find your alignment/possible scumbuddies. Even if you're town, it disadvantages the town, because now, everybody's talking about you not reading your Role PM, rather than discussing about who's scum, it just wastes time and clogs the thread, and puts unnecessary pressure on yourself.
I say we not worry about Quagmire's role PM at this point because as you say, it is what we're talking about instead of scum-hunting. We can try to find scumtells the same way as we do every game, except that one player doesn't know his role. This gives us an advantage because he's playing as a townie. If he changes his playstyle significantly tomorrow, or again says that he didn't read his role PM, we can lynch him then, but right now, he's on our side, no matter what his role PM says.
Once again, we overlook Quag and we, consequently, overlook you.
hasdgfas wrote:
If he is scum, it is more pro-town, because he'll be scum-hunting just like the rest of us
, so we might have one extra townie for at least a day.
I say we lynch Quag and, once/if he turns up scum, we lynch has next; however, it's only a suggestion to the town.

unvote
vote Quagmire
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Sikario8 »

EBWOP: I was a tad bit...rushed...
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Quagmire »

sikario wrote:Your opposition to this investigation, or mockery thereof, can be taken two ways. You can be genuinely upset that we're stuck on Quag and not hunting or you can be trying to preserve a scumbuddy. What if Quag's already looked at his role PM and what if you're his scumbuddy? Does this not imply that Quag won't change his playstyle and that, if we overlook him and you're his advocate, we'll consequently overlook you until you two NK everyone?
Why in the world, if he was my scumbuddy, would he be so obvious about it? Your vote reeks of opportunism, especially after you had just "cooled off."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”