Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9625 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9622, MathBlade wrote:@Almost50 remind me where Narna said they would check Gio?

PV should be the lynch today.
It was the plan we agreed on with you checking JR, Gio investigating you and Narna checking Gio. Remember the chain?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9626 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I do but Narna said no circle jerk. Let me find the post.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9627 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9399, Narna wrote:
In post 9395, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4238, Narna wrote:Dammit Shiro

I am Gerson - Psychologist

I can investigate a player every night and find out if they have or have had the ability to kill up until that point.
So Massive has had no ability to kill as of n2, and therefore he is town.
The second sentence is me detailing my massive result from n2. No circle jerk for me. Something happened with Shiro, and it makes me suspicious of cakez's lack of a n3 action.
Here almost50.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9628 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

(PEDIT: Re: #) Well, I've been calling Gio a likely liar repeatedly since I replaced in…

That said, even if you think an investigative role is lying, it's normally better to lynch them than their targets. I'm waiting for clarification on Gio as to whether or not he'd die upon targeting cult. If the answer's "yes" (which seems likely), then either there's still an action-interfering role out there somewhere or you're town.

I should note that while following along with the game – I was reading it in "realtime", so this was before the Maxous flip – I got a very strong feeling that Maxous was
group
scum, and covering for buddies. In particular, if Maxous was a member of a team rather than third party, I suspect he claimed someone else's blocks (which might have been performed directly, or might have been performed by redirecting Nahdia). That said, although this can explain the N1 death, it can't really explain Gio surviving a Weak investigation on MathBlade last night unless Gio was redirected, and onto another investigative (the Follower result proves the lack of a block, and in particular there's no way to produce the result in question by redirecting Nahdia). So it's indeed not that plausible for Gio to be town but MathBlade scum.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9629 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9624, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9621, Almost50 wrote:Actually, you could make PV hammer as an alternative. He didn't claim his role (or did I miss that?) so maybe it'd be safer that way?/ A third alternative is JR (we already know he is a VT, so transforming into the Annoying Dog while keeping his alignment isn't bad. In fact i should protect him from the NK).
How do you protect from the NK?
Because if NK'd his killer will lose all their abilities and become the Annoying Dog themselves.

Anyone who hammers this role, and anyone who kills it (even if there multiple shooters they'd all be affected) become the Annoying Dog and lose all previous abilities. They RETAIN their alignments though, so scum shooting me would result in me dead, them losing all their abilities (including their killing ability) and them becoming a SCUM-ALIGNED Annoying Dog.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9630 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9619, MathBlade wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8563651

Here Giovanni dies if he targets anyone not Town aligned.

Therefore I am confirmed town aligned unless you are calling Gio a liar.
@cfj
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9631 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: SirCakez
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9632 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9399, Narna wrote:Something happened with Shiro, and it makes me suspicious of cakez's lack of a n3 action.
Note who died.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9633 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9399, Narna wrote:
In post 9395, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4238, Narna wrote:Dammit Shiro

I am Gerson - Psychologist

I can investigate a player every night and find out if they have or have had the ability to kill up until that point.
So Massive has had no ability to kill as of n2, and therefore he is town.
The second sentence is me detailing my massive result from n2. No circle jerk for me. Something happened with Shiro, and it makes me suspicious of cakez's lack of a n3 action.
Nahdia lacked a d3 action too. I do not think SirCakez is scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9634 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Instead y'all are avoiding talking about PV today. Why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9635 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I'm officially shutting down and not reading nor responding to MathBlade's posts ftr. I also want Giovanni to confirm that they would die if visiting cult.

My preferred lynch today is SirCakez based on dayplay. Stop giving him a free out for having a confirmed role.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9636 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 4561, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 4553, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4544, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
<.<
Weak is basically a Cop
If you use "cop" to generally describe an investigative role, then yes, I am cop-like.
You get told whether your target is scum or not (indirectly)
That's basically a cop, no?
Yes, that is basically a cop, however, I am not a cop. I was reluctant to explain, but my role is so weak that it doesn't really matter. I am an even-night weak follower.
Weak as in, if my target is not Town, I die.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9637 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:11 pm

In post 9630, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9619, MathBlade wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8563651

Here Giovanni dies if he targets anyone not Town aligned.

Therefore I am confirmed town aligned unless you are calling Gio a liar.
@cfj
I already responded in #. (Linking you to it because I know it's easy to miss posts in games this large/fast.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9638 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:12 pm

@Nahdia: Wouldn't be the first time this game that players had made incorrect assumptions about their role based on the name. It's at least prudent to wait for confirmation.
scum
town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9639 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9635, JaeReed wrote:I'm officially shutting down and not reading nor responding to MathBlade's posts ftr. I also want Giovanni to confirm that they would die if visiting cult.

My preferred lynch today is SirCakez based on dayplay. Stop giving him a free out for having a confirmed role.
My preferred lynch is PV. SirCakez is more than a confirmed role he is leashed. He literally has to keep giving me the items as I am confirmed town. I don't think he is scum and should be lynching PV. If anyone else gets an item we lynch him.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9640 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9636, Nahdia wrote:
In post 4561, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 4553, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4544, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
<.<
Weak is basically a Cop
If you use "cop" to generally describe an investigative role, then yes, I am cop-like.
You get told whether your target is scum or not (indirectly)
That's basically a cop, no?
Yes, that is basically a cop, however, I am not a cop. I was reluctant to explain, but my role is so weak that it doesn't really matter. I am an even-night weak follower.
Weak as in, if my target is not Town, I die.
I mean.. you didn't need to do the size and bold. You know i wasn't here for that and you know I am not backreading. I don't have the patience for your snark here, not with how tilted I am from Math already.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9641 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9638, callforjudgement wrote:@Nahdia: Wouldn't be the first time this game that players had made incorrect assumptions about their role based on the name. It's at least prudent to wait for confirmation.
I asked him about his role a good 5 times when I replaced in. (5 is approximate.) Gio is town. However if you want to wait on him to repeat the same damn thing again don't know what else to say here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9642 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 6289, Nahdia wrote:Giovanni, can you clarify exactly how your weak mechanic works? Does it say you'll die if you visit anyone who is [mafia/scum/not-town]?
In post 6322, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
Giovanni, can you clarify exactly how your weak mechanic works? Does it say you'll die if you visit anyone who is [mafia/scum/not-town]?
I will die if I target anyone not-town aligned.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9643 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by JaeReed »

^ Also that doesn't say non-town so Gio confirmed lying scum!!!11!!1
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9644 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That literally says non Town aligned.

It says non Town.

Please explain how the same thing is confirmed lying scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9645 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Not*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9621, Almost50 wrote:Actually, you could make PV hammer as an alternative. He didn't claim his role (or did I miss that?) so maybe it'd be safer that way?/ A third alternative is JR (we already know he is a VT, so transforming into the Annoying Dog while keeping his alignment isn't bad. In fact i should protect him from the NK).
Ok I'm confused
Who's hammering what?
In post 9623, Almost50 wrote:@SC:

I was thinking about it and writing up while you responded. Only STUPID ME went and posted it in the WRONG GAME! :facepalm:
10/10 :facepalm:
In post 9628, callforjudgement wrote:(PEDIT: Re: #) Well, I've been calling Gio a likely liar repeatedly since I replaced in…

That said, even if you think an investigative role is lying, it's normally better to lynch them than their targets. I'm waiting for clarification on Gio as to whether or not he'd die upon targeting cult. If the answer's "yes" (which seems likely), then either there's still an action-interfering role out there somewhere or you're town.

I should note that while following along with the game – I was reading it in "realtime", so this was before the Maxous flip – I got a very strong feeling that Maxous was
group
scum, and covering for buddies. In particular, if Maxous was a member of a team rather than third party, I suspect he claimed someone else's blocks (which might have been performed directly, or might have been performed by redirecting Nahdia). That said, although this can explain the N1 death, it can't really explain Gio surviving a Weak investigation on MathBlade last night unless Gio was redirected, and onto another investigative (the Follower result proves the lack of a block, and in particular there's no way to produce the result in question by redirecting Nahdia). So it's indeed not that plausible for Gio to be town but MathBlade scum.
The thing that bothers me about Max being groupscum is the whole "new faction" thing. Doesn't really seem like something that would result from a groupscum lynch.

Unless it was like a preset bullshit message that he set up or something.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9646, SirCakez wrote:Ok I'm confused
Who's hammering what?
Hammering ME. I'm suggesting that my lynch today could be beneficial to Town provided we decide who hammers.

First option: PV
Why? Bc he did not claim and is not mechanically clear. That way if he is scum (and more to it, if he is a killer) he will lose that ability. In fact he will lose all his abilities, but I'm precisely shooting for the killing ability.

Second option: SR
Why? because he is already confirmed Town AND Vanilla (i.e. no abilities to lose anyway). Transforming him into the Annoying Dog should make scum think twice before shooting him at night, and being confirmed he is unlynchable by day. It's good to have a confirmed Townie alive to endgame.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I wouldn't mind being the hammer on Almost if we do go that way but I'd prefer not to lynch someone I think is town so let's not?
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 9615, Almost50 wrote:
Almost50
Is this a vote?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”