(0)
BigYoshiFan
(4)
Almost50 -- Almost50, PeregrineV, MathBlade, SirCakez
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Giovanni il Pellegrino, Nahdia, Ankamius, JaeReed

With 10 votes available, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

MathBlade is V/LA until 1/2.

Day 7 Will End on Wednesday, January 11th, at 7 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-11 19:00:00)

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9819, callforjudgement wrote:In reply to your question, JaeReed is being pressured to hammer (although obviously can't currently hammer A50, who isn't at L-1). You're even asking them to do it yourself.
I specifically said that Jae hammering A50 would be stupid earlier (when I didn't really get what A50's claimed role does), and haven't mentioned it since.
Back up your accusations.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:41 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 9815, SirCakez wrote:CFJ - if I wanted a quickhammer on Almost, why not wait until he was L-2 or L-1? Besides, it looks like we've (mostly) come to a consensus on Jae hammering Almost anyway.
That looks like pressuring JaeReed to hammer Almost50 to me. It was only a few posts before the statement you're asking about.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:45 am

So, a few hours ago, while offline, I had a realisation that might make sense of this game.

Is it possible that SirCakez, Mathblade, and Gio are all currently scum together (perhaps not over the entire course of the game)? Or am I missing something? This would seem to explain everything that didn't add up this game. If there's a night result contradicting that, let me know. Otherwise I'm going to try to build a case, because it seems to explain away a lot of anomalies I've been seeing. (This theory also has the advantage that it explains three scum; we'd expect to see either three or four at this stage of the game, given one scumflip, and thus it's quite possibly lylo.)
scum
town
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #9829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9827, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 9815, SirCakez wrote:CFJ - if I wanted a quickhammer on Almost, why not wait until he was L-2 or L-1? Besides, it looks like we've (mostly) come to a consensus on Jae hammering Almost anyway.
That looks like pressuring JaeReed to hammer Almost50 to me. It was only a few posts before the statement you're asking about.
Saying there's a semi-consensus on Jae hammering Almost =/= actively trying to push Jae to hammer Almost and you know it
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:23 pm

I didn't say "actively".

Stating that there's a consensus that person X should do action Y will tend to have the effect of encouraging person X to do action Y (as it would typically be considered a scumtell if they didn't). I'm not sure that such a consensus exists, and stating that it does cuts off discussion and provides pressure in a way. I'm also not quite sure why you're arguing this point so much; it was a relatively minor point in my post and in most circumstances wouldn't have had any real followup. Why are you so focused on it?
scum
town
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9828, callforjudgement wrote:So, a few hours ago, while offline, I had a realisation that might make sense of this game.

Is it possible that SirCakez, Mathblade, and Gio are all currently scum together (perhaps not over the entire course of the game)? Or am I missing something? This would seem to explain everything that didn't add up this game. If there's a night result contradicting that, let me know. Otherwise I'm going to try to build a case, because it seems to explain away a lot of anomalies I've been seeing. (This theory also has the advantage that it explains three scum; we'd expect to see either three or four at this stage of the game, given one scumflip, and thus it's quite possibly lylo.)
I have had thoughts similar to this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9824, BigYoshiFan wrote:Okay, I can try and hammer someone whenever the opportunity arrives.
Anyone but ME. OK?

Oh, and btw:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:17 pm

@Almost50: The point is that the "hammer" vote won't do anything, so we confirm BYF's role with no changes to the gamestate.
scum
town
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Yeah, I'm not afraid to hammer. My vote won't count, it will just stay where it is.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Note how Almost is very obviously town by the lack of advancement of the gamestate.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #9836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9830, callforjudgement wrote:I didn't say "actively".

Stating that there's a consensus that person X should do action Y will tend to have the effect of encouraging person X to do action Y (as it would typically be considered a scumtell if they didn't). I'm not sure that such a consensus exists, and stating that it does cuts off discussion and provides pressure in a way. I'm also not quite sure why you're arguing this point so much; it was a relatively minor point in my post and in most circumstances wouldn't have had any real followup. Why are you so focused on it?
That's why I said "mostly consensus". There's obviously detractors (such as you).

I'm focused on it because it was a point I saw in your post about me that was obviously false, and so I asked a question about it and you're arguing, so of course it's going to be a focus.
JaeReed wrote:Note how Almost is very obviously town by the lack of advancement of the gamestate.
This logic is also stupid
I've sat at L-1/L-2 for ages as scum without a real "advancement of gamestate"
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: Sircakez

^ preferred lynch because I actually want a scumflip over survival, but will hammer A50 if I can't get the lynch.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

....This is horrible. I provide a plan to figure out people's alignments in the hood and all of a sudden a SirCakez wagon starts? That can't be a coincidence. Especially since CFJ expresses no problems with the plan in the hood then all of a sudden miraculously has problems with it. If we have enough confirmed townies post Maxous this game breaks.

Again me and Gio is dumb for reasons I already pointed out.

Me Gio and SirCakez is even crazier because then SirCakez as scum would give away a lot of scum power to town repeatedly ad infinitem. The only way SirCakez is scum is post Maxous and there would be 0 reason for me to bus post Maxous and same with Gio. I don't see scum leaving a can't kill check alive that long post Maxous. This theory requires me to be scum with Maxous alone preflip and bus him. I know I am good as scum but there is no way in hell I would try to win against that many people alone as a claimed Bulletproof.

That theory is just insane and either you are derping or don't want to confirm that many townies. I has a plan to confirm peoples. Give me a chance.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

We need to confirm Yoshi can't hammer and then JaeReed hammers so that way we have conf townie protected from the NK.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

At this point, I agree that a scumflip is more important than Jae's protection. I can confirm my inability to hammer on anyone.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9838, MathBlade wrote:....This is horrible. I provide a plan to figure out people's alignments in the hood and all of a sudden a SirCakez wagon starts? That can't be a coincidence. Especially since CFJ expresses no problems with the plan in the hood then all of a sudden miraculously has problems with it. If we have enough confirmed townies post Maxous this game breaks.

Again me and Gio is dumb for reasons I already pointed out.

Me Gio and SirCakez is even crazier because then SirCakez as scum would give away a lot of scum power to town repeatedly ad infinitem. The only way SirCakez is scum is post Maxous and there would be 0 reason for me to bus post Maxous and same with Gio. I don't see scum leaving a can't kill check alive that long post Maxous. This theory requires me to be scum with Maxous alone preflip and bus him. I know I am good as scum but there is no way in hell I would try to win against that many people alone as a claimed Bulletproof.

That theory is just insane and either you are derping or don't want to confirm that many townies. I has a plan to confirm peoples. Give me a chance.
My poor high school brain cannot process what is being said here. Can you talk down for me?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

At the moment, I don't care who the lynch is as long as it is in Math, Gio, or SirCakez. That theory is not fullproof and I think lynching Gio or Math would provide us with more interactions and "clears" to analyze, but because SirCakez has 2 votes and I don't see any potential for a Gio lynch I will move my vote.
VOTE: SirCakez
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9839, MathBlade wrote:We need to confirm Yoshi can't hammer and then JaeReed hammers so that way we have conf townie protected from the NK.
And in doing so we have a townie (most likely in my opinion) lynched and another night-killed (also, most likely in my opinion). I don't think we can afford that. Also, if it is a widespread opinion that A50 is town, then leaving him as the annoying dog doesn't seem as consequential as lynching him and making Jae the annoying dog.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Also, why did you post this plan in the neighborhood only? I would like to hear it.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9845 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

The year past as I posted that. :O
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9846 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Posting it outside the hood murders one of the reaction tests.

Spoiler:
Assume SirCakez is scum with Maxous preflip. Then SirCakez gave bodyguard to CFJ and hit a VT with one item and again with a second but was roleblocked by Maxous. I forget who he hit N3 I am not in front of my notes but why would scum block themselves. That makes no sense. So if SirCakez is scum it is either SK or post Maxous. Pre Maxous is insane.

Assume Gio is scum with Maxous preflip. Then he hits Maxous and confirms him as ascetic D2 because ? Maxous lies because ? There is no reason for Maxous to make a lie except when Nahdia claimed N4. Before that point there were no obvious contradictions. If Maxous was scum with Maxous why confirm the psychologist who would be an easy mislynch when Maxous was claimed ascetic.

Furthermore assume I am scum with Maxous preflip. People were fucking confused and didn't have any idea what was going on. I would have 0 reason not to push Narna. Instead I broke down everywhere Maxous lied. Furthermore Creature was obviously BP hunting for another BP because he would clearly know that person isn't Town because two Town BP in a setup like this is bullshit.

Therefore in that world we would be hunting one person to lynch the entire fucking game which makes me even more confirmed town. So gist is we need JaeReed alive and to make it to end game I do not trust Nahdia can actually Jailkeep and therefore we need JaeReed immune to kills.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9847 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You know what fuck it.

Since Nahdia seems unable to Jailkeep as there is no fucking proof it works we need JaeReed alive until endgame if we can. The only way to reliably confirm that is Almost50. Nahdia can claim Strongman kill again if we say Nahdia protect JaeReed assuming Nahdia is actually an SK. We need JaeReed alive and to confirm that Nahdia can Jailkeep by doing what was said in the hood. A Jailkeep SK at start of the game along with Maxous seems ridiculous so then if Nahdia is scum it would be post Maxous but Nahdia mechanically looks like a SK so I want to eliminate that possibility once and for all and have them actually jailkeep.

SirCakez passes me an item of unknown origin. Gio then on N8 has to check me to prove he is a follower. He hasn't done anything post Maxous that wasn't obvious. This would then eliminate the concern on Gio once and for all if he is a follower. If SirCakez gets lynched we have no way of confirming Gio is a follower because there would be no one or Nahdia to follow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9848 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Acting outside of what was proposed in the hood at that point would be a scum claim. We can confirm Nahdia is a Jailkeep tonight and have myself JaeReed Nahdia and maybe one other person all confirmed not cult into tomorrow. That is what I want to do. But in order to do that Almost50 has to annoying dog JaeReed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9849 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Happy New Year!
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”