Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1053, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 1047, Gamma Emerald wrote:@srceenplay: what changed your read on Ramcius?
At the beginning I felt like Account was handing off to him, on NY. Later in the day he seems critical of other people's voting. It looked like he was genuinely trying to take time and think out the Pep vs Alisea. He wouldn't let Alisea or anyone manipulate his thought process. He said multiple times ,we still have daytime left... no need to rush.

I still would like to se a read list from him and you as well gama.
Would it not be a good time to compare all of ours, see if we can come to a consinces on who to pressure?

Gama I felt you sheeped conflict all d1. Is there anyone who didn't get pressure that you feel needs some?

Is Pep still at L-1? Does no one else see the Pep vs Alisea as TvT?

It's seems like Account likes to start conflict and stands back and watches someone else finish it.
I'm going out tonight for dinner and drinks but I will try to pop in.
I would like to know what others think.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Ramcius »

wasn't there some fight between Pep and Nyd D1 too? And i think he voiced wish lynch DBW

can you explain why Kyo is towny?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like Mewtaph/ssbm was the most under-the-radar player overall Day 1.
Would like some examples of what you see in Accountant.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1076, Ramcius wrote:wasn't there some fight between Pep and Nyd D1 too? And i think he voiced wish lynch DBW

Who is this directed to?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1076, Ramcius wrote:wasn't there some fight between Pep and Nyd D1 too? And i think he voiced wish lynch DBW

Well then that's ANOTHER obvtown (though not quite then) that Pep pushed. He pushed my 3 hardest townreads and a town lean d1. Fantastic. As for DBW, I need to see what you are referring to before I pass judgement.
I'm not sure about kyo yet but I wasn't made wary by his vote on Ali.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:58 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Who said I was towny?

VOTE: nydushermain

Don't like the reasons being given for voting pep, his wagon stinks and with Alisae dead that leaves you for first half of scum with gamma/acc/screenplay partner. Also feel like you wouldn't be so fast to jump on the same wagon as Accountant if your read on him was really what it seems to have consistently been since early D1. Scumreading him but then using his behavior as a reference point for what town should be doing, and using that reference point to say pep is scummy is so backwards. I feel like the read given on Accountant is inconsistent with the interactions with him and leads me to believe it's scum!Nyd probably with Accountant, still can't rule out Gamma or Screenplay as partners though.

@Screen - I don't think reads lists are a good idea right now, mislynching today puts us in LyLo and having reads out on the table lets scum decide who to NK to tailor the group mindset towards mislynching tomorrow
Pep is L-1, but I see it as TvT as well, seems like he's not getting lynched anytime soon.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@ssbm look at how ny reacted to the selfhammer. That's town.
<Embrace The Void>

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1077, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Mewtaph/ssbm was the most under-the-radar player overall Day 1.
Would like some examples of what you see in Accountant.
I thought Mew was obv town until they flaked. Ssbm seems to be questioning people's action but no original read lists. I have that same thought with you Gama.

Account got D1 going with pressure on NY. IIRC Ram started to follow up on it as well. Account sat back and watched. Ram moved on to another conflict, when that didn't go anywhere Account brought up NY again. Alisea came in and got involved and tried to get them to stop, but inevitably got involved. Account backed away and watched. That turned into a different conflict with Alisea and Pep. Account sat back and watched. Here they had an obvious non game experience effect this game play. I thought IC town!Account would have told them to stop, it's not helping but he just watched.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Ramcius »

At this point i'm ok with Accountant lynch, i was against before, cause i wanted get rid lurkers and Accountant was more active, so better choice for late game, but now he do nothing, and i really puzzled how town IC could let it go DBW L-1 on start of D2 without a blink, and vote on Pep was to get reaction, yet Pep L-1 and Accountant doesn't care, don't push, don't ask claim

I'm certain for 1 thing now - Screen/Pep isn't scum team, no scum would put partner on top townread, when that partner is at L-1, well, probably scum wouldn't put anyone on top townread, if that person is L-1 - it's asking for attention, and no scum want it
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

The words look towny enough there, sure, but I'm more interested in reading people by what they do, not what they say. Scum will say things that look towny in an effort to get TRed. Scum will also do things that don't line up with what they're saying and that's where you catch them. When I take the way Nyd treats Accountant and compare it to how he says he sees Accountant, I find a discrepancy.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

@Mod - VLA through Jan. 2
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Did you ignore my response to your question of accountant ssbm? I responded saying it wasn't such weird behaviour because gamma also said my reaction was towny
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by nydushermain »

You're also insane if you think that I as scum partners with accountant go through his past games -.-
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

Really past games shouldn't even be taken in account. Even tho it can be a good inside at the beginning of the game it's kinda unprofessional to bring it up at this point where people should already have some established opinions of others players.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

Also, I don't know if it's too early or hot, but...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! Wish you a very great year, full of great experiences, friendship and love and a lot of mafia :P <3
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1064, Gamma Emerald wrote:Accountant why did you naked vote Alisae?
Because I thought she was scum.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1073, Srceenplay wrote:I disagree about Account being townish. I would like to here why you think that after Account responds to you.
You haven't given a proper reasoning why I am scum either. You repeatedly insist on it with no real reasoning.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1082, Srceenplay wrote:IIRC Ram started to follow up on it as well. Account sat back and watched. Ram moved on to another conflict, when that didn't go anywhere Account brought up NY again. Alisea came in and got involved and tried to get them to stop, but inevitably got involved. Account backed away and watched. That turned into a different conflict with Alisea and Pep. Account sat back and watched. Here they had an obvious non game experience effect this game play. I thought IC town!Account would have told them to stop, it's not helping but he just watched.
What a gross mischaracterization of the events of D1! I was on the nydusher wagon all the way, constantly yelling and prodding at him, as nydusher himself can testify. To say that I sat back and allowed Ramcius to do everything is utter horseshit. For instance I was the one to move Alisae from ny's vanity wagon to a lynch target.

Now, let us examine why this makes me scum. Suppose that what you have said is actually true, even though it's not. Why is this scummy?

PS: The Pep and Alisae thing happened while I wss busy over Christmastime, which I expressly acknowledged.

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1092, Accountant wrote:
In post 1082, Srceenplay wrote:IIRC Ram started to follow up on it as well. Account sat back and watched. Ram moved on to another conflict, when that didn't go anywhere Account brought up NY again. Alisea came in and got involved and tried to get them to stop, but inevitably got involved. Account backed away and watched. That turned into a different conflict with Alisea and Pep. Account sat back and watched. Here they had an obvious non game experience effect this game play. I thought IC town!Account would have told them to stop, it's not helping but he just watched.
What a gross mischaracterization of the events of D1! I was on the nydusher wagon all the way, constantly yelling and prodding at him, as nydusher himself can testify. To say that I sat back and allowed Ramcius to do everything is utter horseshit. For instance I was the one to move Alisae from ny's vanity wagon to a lynch target.

Now, let us examine why this makes me scum. Suppose that what you have said is actually true, even though it's not. Why is this scummy?

PS: The Pep and Alisae thing happened while I wss busy over Christmastime, which I expressly acknowledged.
No, you're the one misrepresenting what I'm saying. I did not say you "allowed Ram to do everything." What I'm saying is you start conflict hoping someone else will take it over. Then you back off when someone else gets involved, or starts a new conflict. To say you moved Alisea to a lynch target is not a good thing. who do you think you moved her to? You watched conflict from the shadows. Alisea was a bad lynch that was against two people who had an out of game conflict. Would a town IC not say some nothing about that during or after to explain why thats not helpful for us? Can you agree with that as an IC?

I didn't see where you said you were v/la.

Happy New Years to all!!! I am out celebrating so if i start posting gibberish later, sorry in advance.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1093, Srceenplay wrote:Would a town IC not say some nothing about that during or after to explain why thats not helpful for us? Can you agree with that as an IC?
The IC was, regrettably, doing Christmas stuff and until very recently their time was consumed with a difficult LyLo situation in another mafia game. Therefore the IC was only aware of such a squabble long after it had concluded and had no chance to make comment on the matter.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1093, Srceenplay wrote:What I'm saying is you start conflict hoping someone else will take it over. Then you back off when someone else gets involved, or starts a new conflict.
And why, exactly(putting aside the fact that it is untrue), is this scummy?

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

It's scummy because you don't care where the conflict is. You just want it. I do care where it is. We should let us fight each other when we know there is scum sitting and watching in fighting. That is bad and if you can't say leering tvt happens is bad you are scum in my book
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

VOTE: Accountant
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1096, Srceenplay wrote:It's scummy because you don't care where the conflict is. You just want it. I do care where it is. We should let us fight each other when we know there is scum sitting and watching in fighting. That is bad and if you can't say leering tvt happens is bad you are scum in my book
Why are you so sure it's TvT? Given that up until recently you thought nydushermain was scum, you should think that my earlier conflict was a conflict directed at scum.

I love conflict. I think conflict is what drives mafia games forward. In a conflict, mafia members are forced to take sides and espouse reads, which might prod them into revealing inconsistencies in their mindset. It's far better than sitting around in a sterile environment where mafia can blend in easily.

Now, here's a question for you. What makes you think I don't care where the conflict is? After all, I specifically choose to start it on certain people(ny, alisae) so I must definitely be "directing" the conflict rather than just sitting back and letting it happen.

Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 1093, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 1092, Accountant wrote:

No, you're the one misrepresenting what I'm saying. I did not say you "allowed Ram to do everything." What I'm saying is you start conflict hoping someone else will take it over. Then you back off when someone else gets involved, or starts a new conflict. To say you moved Alisea to a lynch target is not a good thing. who do you think you moved her to? You watched conflict from the shadows. Alisea was a bad lynch that was against two people who had an out of game conflict. Would a town IC not say some nothing about that during or after to explain why thats not helpful for us? Can you agree with that as an IC?

I didn't see where you said you were v/la.

Happy New Years to all!!! I am out celebrating so if i start posting gibberish later, sorry in advance.
Now let me just say that me going against Alisae wasn't just an out of game conflict. We are good friends and while I was certainly mad at him, my mindset in lunching him was gathered completely and only from the game and the things he said.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”