Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.07

TheBrie
(3): Raskolnikov, Loopdan, SensFan
Loopdan
(2): TheBrie, Fredrick E Campbell
EchoVision
(2): Huntress, lucca261
SensFan
(1): EchoVision

Not Voting
: Selynee,
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-11 20:50:00)

Notes:

Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 105, EchoVision wrote:I don't even know what's happening in this game anymore... Fuck brie <3 love you
VOTE: Brie
In post 110, EchoVision wrote:UNVOTE:
obvious joke is obvious. sorry mod i'm a pain in your ass <3
Yeah IDK about this l-1 bro
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 125, EchoVision wrote:Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

VOTE: SensFan
How do you put theBrie l-1 on also nothing and then have a problem with sens earlier l-2 vote?

Looks like after you got called out on your vote you went to look at who did similar to do the same. IDK how as town you could literally just have done the same thing THEN you scumread sens off of it without noticing at all...
Is the cognitive dissonance not obvious even to a newbie here?
He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end.
And this looks like hardcore exaggeration and twisting of a pretty short post of sens.

How are you this super confident on the judgement given what you've actually said?
The l-2 vote when you yourself l-1'd and a "Nice job loopdan" is a huge mismatch for this conclusion you're trying to bring out of it and I can't possibly see how what you say would've brought you to that read.
I feel like this confidence is being faked here and this post is trying to make sens look bad on BS.

VOTE: Echo
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 134, EchoVision wrote:Exactly. You should know that there's nothing like that that would ever exist. Even if your join date was yesterday, you should know that. It's just way to overpowered and it shouldn't exist. That's why when you were so quick to jump on to the "good game, games over" train it raised many red flags for me.
Why's it bad for sensfan and not loopdan himself?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Mmm, huntress could actually be with echo if I'm right.

First impression is retroactively the votes good just for being on echo, but when she made it () it didn't make sense given he only just rvs'd/entranced...
In post 127, Huntress wrote:
@ Echo:
Have you ever been mafia before? If you have, can you give me a link to the game please?
This as somewhat decent distancing isn't out of the question, not beyond huntress at least.
deranged and incoherent
?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 143, SensFan wrote: We want to hear your thoughts on people. Not Huntress' thoughts.

Take a stance. Who is most likely to be Scum based on everything so far?
Why don't you want to know what Huntress thinks? I do, and I was replying to her post. I also said in that post that you, Loopdan and Echo seemed most scummy.
Huntress is also a possibility.

Rask sounds town. Lucca and Selynee, could be too, though they have been a bit quiet to tell.
Frederick is probably town too, from reading games I get the impression he's erratic generally.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by TheBrie »

And in Fred's case, games means the only one he's played here before.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Preparing a big post for tomorrow. Sorry for my lack of activity so far. Tomorrow this is changing.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:12 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 123, Loopdan wrote:@Fredrick-- Why do you believe post 95 is more likely to come from scum than town?
I still want an answer to this.
VOTE: Fredrick
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 am

Post by Loopdan »

Rask is right. Echo's is terrible.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:53 am

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 158, Loopdan wrote:
In post 123, Loopdan wrote:@Fredrick-- Why do you believe post 95 is more likely to come from scum than town?
What could town possibly do with a post like that? From what I see, the answer is plenty though. It has sparked up conversation, and of course makes analysis much more easier. But then, what was your intent?
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:57 am

In post 63, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:So, post 21 has enough validity to make TheBrie scummy?
SensFan?
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:40 am

In post 84, Loopdan wrote:
In post 80, TheBrie wrote:I'm slightly suspicious of SensFan and Loopdan. Perhaps because they seem to be trying hard to implicate me. Raskolnikov sounds more like a scum hunter. Suscious, but not trying to make everyone think people are guilty.

And now that three people have voted for me I'm a little nervous, because I'd rather not die just yet.
I've voted you, yes. But please point out where I've been "trying hard to implicate you" and "trying to make everyone think people are guilty."

I'll make it easy. Here is everything I've posted that is in any way related to you:
Spoiler:
In post 58, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: TheBrie
In post 66, Loopdan wrote:@TheBrie-- Who do you think is most likely scum at this point?
In post 79, Loopdan wrote:
In post 77, lucca261 wrote:I don't see what people are seeing about Brie so much.

I see a null player. Don't know what made people so eager to vote her. But I don't think that was scum motived.
If you don't know what made people so eager to vote Brie, why do you think it isn't scum motivated?

@Brie
Assuming those voting you are town, why do you think they would be voting you right now, based on your posts so far?
Why are you questioning TheBrie about votes on him instead of the voters?
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:52 am

In post 92, Loopdan wrote:Frederick/Brie scum-team

Lock up the thread and hit the Newbie Queue for your next /in.
In post 159, Loopdan wrote:Rask is right. Echo's is terrible.
What's so bad about that post?
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 am

I quoted post 92 because I was going to ask Loopdan are those actual reads he had, but I found it unneccessary and didn't ask the question.
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:57 am

In post 134, EchoVision wrote:
In post 129, SensFan wrote:
In post 125, EchoVision wrote:Okay, Im posting from mobile but I've got some stuff figured out. I've got two scum reads right now and it's on Huntress and SensFan. I have more suspicion on SensFan, so I'll start with him first. Towards the beginning of the game, SensFan decided to put a vote on Fred (who I have a town read for) due to a "Forced Post". The post was just a simple question on why somebody changed their vote. Nothing very forced about that IMO. That right there put a finger of suspicion on him for me. But it's his later posts that got me a complete maf read. Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

VOTE: SensFan
On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that someone with a join date of 2007 believed there existed such a thing as a "1-shot game-end"?
Exactly. You should know that there's nothing like that that would ever exist. Even if your join date was yesterday, you should know that. It's just way to overpowered and it shouldn't exist. That's why when you were so quick to jump on to the "good game, games over" train it raised many red flags for me.
If SensFan is scum, he would know it's a lie and wouldn't have said that in the first place.
I AM BACK
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:21 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 161, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 63, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:So, post 21 has enough validity to make TheBrie scummy?
SensFan?
100%. Literally anything that makes someone 1% more likely than random to be Scum is better than a random vote.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:22 am

Post by SensFan »

Agreed. Especially with the timing of it.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 28, Huntress wrote:
In post 26, Loopdan wrote:Like I was implying... it usually works better on newbies than SE's.
I was hoping to see how TheBrie (the only brand new player here), reacted to a third vote on the wagon she joined. But that train has left the station now.

Selynee had already seemed to be unconcerned about a couple of votes on herself.

Fred looked a bit self-conscious about the wagon, first ignoring it, then querying it, and lastly downplaying it's value.

I agree with Rask on TheBrie.

I've got an odd feeling about Echo. He may be scum.

Vote: EchoVision
Actually, given each of these the echo choice is odd given huntress herself describes fred as she did and agreed with me on thebrie. Seems like the weakest thing there so I don't see how it translated into being the vote?

Huntress?
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:09 am

Post by SensFan »

Unvote.
Will probably move over to Echo shortly.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:22 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 160, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 158, Loopdan wrote:
What could town possibly do with a post like that? From what I see, the answer is plenty though. It has sparked up conversation, and of course makes analysis much more easier. But then, what was your intent?
But why does scum do it either? He'd know it'd call some attention on him especially in a newbie game I'd think.

Did it not cross your mind it could've been partially messing around or hyperbole rather than a serious claim of a role that obviously doesn't exist?

I could see how it could be hard because loopdan did say he scumreads you and thebrie and it's awkward to tell exaggeration when it appears to be mostly based on a serious view he's pushing though.

Would you have reacted differently if he called a different team?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 163, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 92, Loopdan wrote:Frederick/Brie scum-team

Lock up the thread and hit the Newbie Queue for your next /in.
What's so bad about that post?
Did you not see my post about it?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Frederick's kind of asking questions but not seeming to make any judgement or conclusions, even the loopdan vote doesn't necessarily seem like a read.

Comparatively theBrie's has a stance on pretty much everyone and even lucca's probably conveyed more in a lot less posts.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

@Selynee what are your thoughts so far?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 131, Huntress wrote:I'm aware of his onsite game and have already read it, and noted the difference in his play so far here. It's too soon to really tell based on that. But that is not what I was asking him about. Why did you feel the need to respond to a question that was addressed directly to him, not to you?
Really?

Was this before the game, or in rvs, or...?
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”