Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

The list thing was kind of poking fun at creature though anyways, I think there's something inherently dangerous in crossing something off, there's some sort of finality in that which is rarely ever fully justified.
deranged and incoherent
?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

too deep for 2 am

approve of teasing Creature though i'm proud of my page 1 post for him

sleeping for real now :dea:
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Oh and also posting it all public for everyone to see is pretty questionable too.

or maybe I'm spoiled because how much I get townread lets me get away with keeping a lot to myself and even just lie sometimes if I think it's better in the moment.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 362, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:1. If his reads are generally "townread the loudest people, scumread lurking town" he's probably scum.
2. If he doesn't have that many crossed out lists he's probably scum.
3. If he's not doing anything resembling scumhunting he's probably scum.
4. If he's deliberately inflating his post count with ???? that isn't weird Creature gamesolving ???? (e.g., seeing if scumreads make sense as a scumteam by looking to see how close they are together in the playerlist) he's probably scum.
5. If his tone feels monotonous and just more indifferent than normal he's probably scum
I like how these are all things that apply to me.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 374, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:by being in like 10 ongoing games and maybe not wanting to face that/not liking scum probably

also pedit: gotcha, just assumed not crossed out equaled null/scumread... was the rqs the only time i mentioned me liking scum? i've posted so much here and in other games recently i kind of forgot what i said and where
In your scumgame I think nightchat you said you loved it after trying it.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Oh gnight. I should probably sleep soon too.
deranged and incoherent
?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

- VoteCount 1.7 -

With 9 players still alive, it's 5 to lynch!

[L-5]
mattblackguy -
[L-5]
GAYreenHamster -
[L-5]
schadd -
[L-4]
Shade -
Creature

[L-5]
Raskolnikov -
[L-2]
ThinkBig -
schadd_, Shade, gigabyteTroubadour,

[L-5]
gigabyteTroubadour -
[L-4]
Creature -
ThinkBig

[L-4]
Cassielle -
Raskolnikov

Not Voting
-
Cassielle, GAYreenHamster, mattblackguy

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-01-18 20:00:00)
Last edited by Aeronaut on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Prodding ThinkBig, and replacing Rakkar!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Cassielle replaces Rakkar!
2023 W/L | 1-0
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by cassielle »

hey guys! i been stalking thread, let me read through the things a second time from an in-game perspective before you string me up like some unnatural thing from the pits of hells or w/e. ill make a big ol catch up post and we can see if you get some more reads out of it yeah?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 pm

sounds good :up:

gamestate is slow af so it shouldnt be tough

mostly my shitposting tbh
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

@mod I removed my vote from Rakkar(now cassielle)

Welcome Cassielle! I think that sounds good.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 376, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: sleeping for real now :dea:
Giga is scum. They lied about going to sleep! /s
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 386, mattblackguy wrote:@mod I removed my vote from Rakkar(now cassielle)

Welcome Cassielle! I think that sounds good.
Fixed
2023 W/L | 1-0
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Post by cassielle »

notes toward a reads list, p3:

rask is doing a lot of head-nodding, automated yesman behavior. "yeah, uh-huh, yep" with really shallow concerns tacked on. 58 and 61 and 64 are a lot of using slow-time to get all nice and snuggled up to gbT.

this point, rask is top scumread, creature is townread because A: i dont know anyone of these folks and i trust their knowledge of him, B: he isn't doing anything overtly alarm-bells-ringing. gbT i like the play of but am saying is null.

im really feeling post 69: tb is getting a lot of people jumping on him with both feet but i dont see it -- idk, maybe its just because i prefer rqs to rvs by far.

actually, no, screw that.

WTF is town doing trying to keep people from putting info out? scum knows all, town is not omniscient. scum has a vested interest in shutting down info-generating discussion, town DOES NOT. it also is sorta bad for the noobs -- they dont have an opportunity to say where they are curious about things without actively putting themselves out front role wise or etc. thats a pro-scum attitude, if not precisely anti-town.

gbT moves to top scumread, rask pushed up to nullscum. if i dont see something good at the end of this, im gonna vote gbT and let the chips fall where they may even with my predecessors lurking giving me a bad rep -- because thats insipid af, what is wrong with you if you're town, you should know better esp as ive read some your other games!

end of p3: nothing. gbT im parking my vote on you while i keep reading back through. explain yoself pal

earlygame readslist

townie:
creature
mbg, tb<---less certain here but not enough to be nulltown or townlean on. theyre very protown in actions but SO LITTLE TO WORK ON

null:
everyone else for real this game is a slow burner???

nullscum:
rask

scummy af for real consider the lynch on this slot:
gbT

back to reading, p4 and onward!

VOTE: gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:07 pm

finally

also matt i'm waking up lmfao

i got like 1 hour of sleep but w/e
In post 16, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:(early game I don't like to give reasoning for most of my actuons because it helps develop my reads)
are you asking me to explain this? assuming since you read up to pg. 3

if so like i get where you're coming from in that it's pro-town to explain reasoning for votes, but when it's page 3 in a newbie i want to see how the new players engage with my presumed reasoning and start analyzing. If I just straight up explain shit then it ruins any sort of potential to get a 100% original viewpoint from a slot because they can just say "yeah i feel the same way".

you'd have a point in a normal game i feel but here it's different

game is a slowburn because 2 slots haven't given much content and everyone townreads each other. glad to see the kumbaya breaking up tho because i signed up for a mafia game

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:09 pm

also which games have you read of mine :dead:

because then you'd know that that's something I believe

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by cassielle »

some explanations coming down the pipe on p4 but i dont buy it:

1: noobtown seems to lean toward the paranoid side. theyd see q4 and dive deep into the ocean of WIFOM madness and decide its best to just pick a role that isnt theirs, or they wouldnt care and the mafia learns absolutely nothing even despite that. certainly no ones gonna ask about vt, how the hell can this be rolefishin since everybody gonna pick a p common role most likely but no ones gonna say vt? scumscuse for anti-town behavior imo

2: post 89????? "i should know, i caught my first scum with RQS" ???????? wtf? ok then why would oyu shut it down if its a good noob-friendly way of catching scum? WORST CASE SCENARIO: you that concerned with q no. 4? then say "EXCEPT DONT ANSWER THIS K". this is silly and ridiculous and omg im gonna aneurysm over here.

also noticing a lot of strong townreads from gbT but v weak scumreads, which is a tactic i employ as scum. you have perfect knowledge and you want to hide that, but you also have to look like youre contributing. this guy gets 4 perfect townreads by p4, but doesnt have any good scumreads? yeah no not buying that garbage.

im callin you out gbT, im comin for your face pal, youre scum af

end p4. p5:

gbT gets 5th TR and still has really low standards for scum? bs. i dont buy that for a minute. even if two slots are lurky youre gonna get a bit on the paranoid side about folks and this is literally just gbT jumping up and down on TB because SURE LETS DENY TOWN A DISCUSSION POINT AND SOURCE OF INFO WHY NOT. two answers and he shuts it down without even fully buying into his own reasoning and trying to get the hamster to pull that wagon into town, gtfo of here with that.

GAYreenHamster is giving me strong af townvibes all over the place, not liking that shes turning to gbT as source of info/townleader tho

speaking of which why tf is gbT townleader here at all? BECAUSE TALKATIVE SCUM????? hes not contibuting anything but townreads and post 108 "closest thing i have to a scumread" (tb)??? pls you got it down to 3 possibles and youre still gonna say you only suspect one even with the lurkin? at the very least here youd recognize that one of the two lurks is more likely to be town than not and that youre vibing with someone you shouldnt be (oh wait youre scum nvm lol)

am more certain after 110: getting bored, no suspicion in their direction, trying to encourage people to read past games so theyll see their town game and get suspicious (and i did). wants to have a chance of losing but everybody tiptoing around the subject and/or sheeping. creature should be townleader where the hell are you friend?????

schadd_ giving me scummy vibes in post 112. pushing that bs about rolefishing after p much everyone else was dismissive of is kind of like, uh what this has been considered possible but unlikely and easily defeated even by noobs??? also dismissing softclaims in an overly WIFOM-aware way, smells like S C U M. down to nullscum you go pal

gbT trying to test the waters with how far they can make people sheep them in 115, seriously now. why was this not discussed? oh yeah because schadd_ legitimized it. S C U M B U D D I E S

rask fighting with gbT after p3 buddy-buddy friendly times. could be town getting genuinely pissed at misread (leaning this way) or distancing (very likely but not as likely imo). still nullscum pal

end of p5

reads list:
TOWN:
creature
mbg, tb
gayreen

NULL:
shade

NULLSCUM:
rask
schadd_<--- scummier nullscum than the other nullscum, break out that mr clean and well see about fixing that tho

SCUM NOT EVEN SCRUBBING BUBBLES WILL REMOVE, LYNCH IT QUICK FRIENDS:
gbT
In post 391, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:also which games have you read of mine :dead:

because then you'd know that that's something I believe
i think your most recent noob game with FC and that one other guy who siteflaked on scumteam. you arent playing your town role one bit here

but yeah i def believe you dislike the kumbaya game and i appreciate that big time, i was fingerscrossed hoping id get in a game with you lmao

and its funny first read through i wasnt paying much attention and you came off ultratown because i never read that other thread. come back and scumflags like we got mildew hanging from the battered walls of this messed up old shack sorta deal, lol
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 pm

In post 392, cassielle wrote:2: post 89????? "i should know, i caught my first scum with RQS" ???????? wtf? ok then why would oyu shut it down if its a good noob-friendly way of catching scum? WORST CASE SCENARIO: you that concerned with q no. 4? then say "EXCEPT DONT ANSWER THIS K". this is silly and ridiculous and omg im gonna aneurysm over here.
TB's questions aren't going to catch scum.

Good RQS asks questions that can be answered with more than one word because you want to establish a baseline for how someone responds to a critical thinking question, or a question that's going to incite a reaction. "Are you scum?" works wonders, always. As does "What are your feelings on policy lynches?". Force people to take sides. the good shit :dead:
In post 392, cassielle wrote:also noticing a lot of strong townreads from gbT but v weak scumreads, which is a tactic i employ as scum. you have perfect knowledge and you want to hide that, but you also have to look like youre contributing. this guy gets 4 perfect townreads by p4, but doesnt have any good scumreads? yeah no not buying that garbage.
I don't.

You buddy with EVERYONE as scum, you leave yourself with no room if you're put into a position where a read doesn't make sense.

Like I'm townreading the fuck out of your walls right now.

POE reads? TB/Shade. No fucking way does that make sense. I'm forced to re-evaulate and I can tell you right now I'm not putting up with that shit as scum.

Scum doesn't decide to create a townbloc of 6 people, especially when a replacement is obviously incoming, because if it's actually accurate sans them they give themselves no flexibility to adapt. BAM, suddenly obvtown replacement joins in? What the fuck is scum!Giga who got everyone to hold hands and smile going to do now that their scumteam from their POV makes no sense? It's shit play and while I'm not a good player I'm not ass.
In post 392, cassielle wrote:speaking of which why tf is gbT townleader here at all? BECAUSE TALKATIVE SCUM????? hes not contibuting anything but townreads and post 108 "closest thing i have to a scumread" (tb)??? pls you got it down to 3 possibles and youre still gonna say you only suspect one even with the lurkin? at the very least here youd recognize that one of the two lurks is more likely to be town than not and that youre vibing with someone you shouldnt be (oh wait youre scum nvm lol)
see this is the shit showtime was arguing basically (this reads townier but)

the reads I form are going to be the reads i form. townreads are taking stances and yadda yadda yadda you know what I'm going to argue since you probably read my walls. I see something that reads to me as town I'm calling it town, 2 lurkers in a newbie game is realistic considering the point of the newbie queue is to A: educate new players, and B: keep flakers out of the main queues. paranoia isn't a thing i do as town because that does nothing but disrupt the townbloc. be smart about what you townread but don't just like scumread things because it's too easy you know?

i deal with this bs every time i roll town and 1759 was like the only time i didn't get flak for it by town tbh

115 seems like a silly thing to scumread for that reason but ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:59 pm

^is this townread associative off of me or based on play?

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 pm

I don't think it's GAYreen/TB btw

gayreen is still obvtown

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:05 pm

In post 392, cassielle wrote:1: noobtown seems to lean toward the paranoid side. theyd see q4 and dive deep into the ocean of WIFOM madness and decide its best to just pick a role that isnt theirs, or they wouldnt care and the mafia learns absolutely nothing even despite that. certainly no ones gonna ask about vt, how the hell can this be rolefishin since everybody gonna pick a p common role most likely but no ones gonna say vt? scumscuse for anti-town behavior imo
depends on the player tbh, someone like me would definitely answer it wrong

i'll admit that it's an argument i parroted from past pushes on rqss but like i agree with it fundamentally

still don't really think it's a good rqs question

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:07 pm

In post 332, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 330, Transcend wrote:which one was bad?
the first one

usually when that's asked it has PR fishing intentions. i don't really see any other purpose of asking it besides fluff (which is generally not something i scumread but it's not good imo) or pr fishing.
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 328, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:wait fuck i forgot about that lmfao

gamma why were you trying to start a page 7 rqs?? like 2 and 3 are actually OK questions for an RQS (1 is a terrible rqs question and you should know that ://) but like what are you expecting to achieve with that?
I like to wait so everyone can get to know each other because I try to ask a trust-based question (question 3, about who you think is good as town)
no but like

what sort of motive did you have with those questions? what were you expecting?

and usually any time beyond page 1 is too late for an rqs... if you just want to ask the question ask it as a question
^ last time i criticized an rqs i felt was bad

(they flipped town but still, case can be right, flip wrong)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 pm

final thoughts before lifetm

i'd like to know more about your rask read

cass, cassie?

avatar would be nice btw pretty sure you're not going to flake

not a he

~<3

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Prod received. Posting later tonight.
V/LA until tomorrow.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”