Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:26 am

Post by bowdown »

GL is town because most of GL's posts have that underlying urge and pressure to solve the game. He actually analyzed my argument on tojam unlike everyone else and is reading closely looking for potential scumslips (125). Lost of little comments showing that he is constantly evaluating and reading the game:

- "I could see it coming from either alignment. All it shows is you didn't proofread your post" in 128

- "I don't think this mistake is fake, so given that EL misread a tojam post, it is more likely that she also missed the Agent Sparkles question I pointed out, rather than strategically ignoring it. Combined with her other posting, I feel she is genuine. I agree with nancy's description of her as "town unable to give off towntells"." in 125

- Like all of his comments in 73.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Revan »

Titus is being pretty uncooperative, and hard to read.

Why don't you defend yourself?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Revan »

Bow down why are are you so inclined to vote Lemon, if Titus didn't even present a case that could?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:54 am

Post by bowdown »

To see what happens and try to sort out my scumreads.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Revan »

That doesn't make any sense. If you wanted to see what would happen, you would've voted Lemon before Titus asked you to.
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:17 am

Post by bowdown »

No, now that I did it after Titus, more interesting things can happen.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 am

Post by nancy »

Omg I'm actually in love with Titus.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am

Post by nancy »

@bowdown GL's could easily be partner communication. could be a case of him being overly sensitive to alignment knowledge. He hasn't done any real scumhunting beyond keeping up appearances. The stuff is there for a scumread if you want to make it, along with a few inductive leaps.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:33 am

Post by nancy »

@JaeReed tojam2 has IRL issues, the time to allay the scurvy has come.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Revan »

Titus what makes Lemons's speech patterns funny? Are these patterns indicative of scum?
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Revan »

VOTE: JaeReed

Let me explain.

In their , they claim that they asked their questions in and to scumhunt. However, they don't follow up. I feel as though if they were trying to scumhunt, they would share with the town what they garnered from those responses. This leads me to believe that they're scum just going through the motions, and not genuinely trying to solve the game.

I'm also convinced that their is a slip.
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by bowdown »

In post 210, Revan wrote: In their , they claim that they asked their questions in and to scumhunt. However, they don't follow up. I feel as though if they were trying to scumhunt, they would share with the town what they garnered from those responses. This leads me to believe that they're scum just going through the motions, and not genuinely trying to solve the game.
I don't see Lion or Lemon even responding to Jae's or , so how was Jae supposed to have any serious followup on those questions or share with the town?
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by bowdown »

In post 207, nancy wrote:@bowdown GL's could easily be partner communication. could be a case of him being overly sensitive to alignment knowledge. He hasn't done any real scumhunting beyond keeping up appearances. The stuff is there for a scumread if you want to make it, along with a few inductive leaps.
- I don't think so, I had the exact same reaction that Lion did to those posts.

I think his scumhunting toward me has been sincere. I'd like to see that directed more proactively (and hear some thoughts on the rest of the town) but it doesn't feel like he is just keeping up appearances.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Revan »

Then why didn't they press them for answer so if they were trying to solve the game? Either way, it's indicative of scum.
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by bowdown »

Eh, pretty sure there are questions that I've asked and have forgotten about too. It might be a thing, I just don't think so.

What does bug me about Jae is actually his tojam vote that came out of the blue - in a scum-Jae/town-tojam world it's an opportunistic, PR-hunting vote.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Revan »

Do you think they slipped?
―Darth Malak to Revan
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Not fully here yet but:

1) I don't want EL to be the leading wagon, vote elsewhere please. After reading nancy's post I think there's a decent chance EL really is just newbtown.
2) I am decently confident that scum is in {bowdown, revan, GuiltyLion, Titus}
3) This means I am townreading {nancy, Agent Sparkles, EccentricLemon}

UNVOTE:

I'll be responding to stuff first then rereading to see where my reads are at with tojam claiming bp.
Also, tojam's claim is more likely to be legitimate here because of the timing of it and the way he did so. The line about not wasting time, specifically.

@tojam In future it's best to fight your lynch without claiming, especially as we still had a lot of time left in the day. BP is generally a role that you want to try to be obnoxious as hell towards scum with, but you should also never just claim bp if you're claiming it. It's best to claim bp or doc, as both can exist with and without the roleblocker, so scum are left with a good deal with wifom. The same goes for if you're a doctor, it's best to claim bp or doc. Don't outright lie about it and just claim the opposite, either, because you'll likely cause the remaining PR in those situations to out themselves thinking they're counterclaiming scum.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 214, bowdown wrote:What does bug me about Jae is actually his tojam vote that came out of the blue - in a scum-Jae/town-tojam world it's an opportunistic, PR-hunting vote.
Except there was still a week left and I only took him to L-2. Claims come at L-1 with intent to hammer, so this reasoning doesn't really hold up.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Revan »

It does actually, well, most if it. You never scumread tojam before, then you opportunistically jump on the wagon.
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by bowdown »

In post 215, Revan wrote:Do you think they slipped?
Nope, I read it as an honest self-assessment of their scum game.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by bowdown »

In post 217, JaeReed wrote:
In post 214, bowdown wrote:What does bug me about Jae is actually his tojam vote that came out of the blue - in a scum-Jae/town-tojam world it's an opportunistic, PR-hunting vote.
Except there was still a week left and I only took him to L-2. Claims come at L-1 with intent to hammer, so this reasoning doesn't really hold up.
Hmmmmm. Is that always/almost always true? Where I used to play, claims would come sometime when a person felt like they were close to being lynched, which varied a lot. Then again the voting was different - all that mattered was where your vote was at deadline, you didn't get lynched with a majority halfway through the day.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 220, bowdown wrote:
In post 217, JaeReed wrote:
Hmmmmm. Is that always/almost always true? Where I used to play, claims would come sometime when a person felt like they were close to being lynched, which varied a lot. Then again the voting was different - all that mattered was where your vote was at deadline, you didn't get lynched with a majority halfway through the day.
On this site, generally yes. Sometimes people jump the gun and nervous-claim (like tojam did) but the usual thing is not to claim until you are at L-1 and someone has given intent to hammer.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 218, Revan wrote:It does actually, well, most if it. You never scumread tojam before, then you opportunistically jump on the wagon.
Half of it doesn't. It means that the vote could be opportunistic, but is unlikely to be for the purposes of PR hunting.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by bowdown »

Revan, I am not seeing what you outlined in 210 as a scumtell for Jae. I really don't like that you didn't even notice that neither GL or EL responded to Jae's questions.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by nancy »

@Jae According to what I understand about this game, I find your comments re Lemon wagon to be scummy. You don't seem very confident in your TR on her, I'm certainly not, and you've previously stated that L-2/1 is a great way to force people to prove themselves. Please explain to me why I'm wrong.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”