Mini 535: Pick Your Poison 2 (Game Over!)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Bookitty (1) -- Ether
Ether (2) -- ckillor, YvonneSeer
JDodge (1) -- perfect628
skitzer (2) -- Porochaz, JDodge
YvonneSeer (2) -- thedragonsprincess, Gorrad

Not voting: scotmany12, JordanA24, skitzer, Bookitty
12 alive, 7 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by JDodge »

skitzer wrote:How did I do such?
The way you spoke of YvonneSeer possibly being a weak doc implied knowledge, not speculation. There are only 2 possible ways for you to possess this knowledge:
  1. You are scum
  2. You are a weak doc
If 2 was true, you would
not have speculated that Yvonne was a weak doc
. Thus I can only deduce that 1 is true.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Hmmm, on a reread, I'm going to agree with JDodge on this, and add this:
skitzer wrote:
FoS: YvonneSeer

She is possibly weak doc who doesn't like her role, but still...
Pointing out a possible powerrole is NOT pro-town play. Why would a townie EVER tell the scum who they think ANY of the powerroles are, much less a possible doc, deliberately pointing them out for a nightkill?

vote: Skitzer
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:30 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Answering a question: Almost all of skitzers replys have been very off so far. I feel that his latest weak doc thing justifies my vote. However if you were to ignore that and look at his other posts I dont have to go to far to find something else scummy about him, for instance:
Vote: 1-Shot Vig

The encryptor could be dangerous if we decide to massclaim. The Mafia could freely discuss how they wanted to split the claims between powerroles and town
Also
fos YvonneSeer
for this whole bandwagoning thing, making yourself look scummy to try and see how you fare does not help the town.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:44 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Yeah well, I have to try out a different playstyle sooner or later. Also, I'm not saying that what I'm doing is definitely pro-town. I'm just trying to spark a new discussion which is starting to work, because we're now shifting focus onto other players instead of letting them slip under the radar. Moreover, JDodge and Bookitty have recently picked up something from skitzer's commenting on my bandwagoning. So, I wouldn't say that I had no reason to help town with my actions.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:27 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Skitzer, do you want to respond to jdodge's accusations? He makes some very good points and I am interested in what you have to say.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:43 am

Post by skitzer »

sorry, i was gone.

The way I see it, I just pointed out a possibility. It is very likely that scum did give us a weak doc. That was the first thing that came to mind when YS jumped bandwagons. I'd read that it's not very fun to have dumb roles, so I figured YS was purposely trying to get herself lynched. Plus, I misread the weak doc PM, and thought it stated "all protects will fail". I can see why that was scummy, now that you mention it.

@Porochaz I chose the one shot Vig because it was better than the other choices to me. I just don't think that an encryptor is a good idea. Roleblocker and rolecop were just plain not good chocies. Because the scum are talking during the day now, they can point out things to each other that they may have forgotten during Night.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 am

Post by scotmany12 »

If someone doesn't like their role, they usually lurk throughout the game and end up being replaced. They don't go out of their way to have themselves lynched unless they are a jester.
perfect628
perfect628
Townie
perfect628
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 am

Post by perfect628 »

Eh I'm not sure how much I believe skitzer. He seemed to just brush off the accusation. Doesn't really warant a vote, nut
FoS:skitzer
. Also,
Unvote:JDodge
. Random voting seems to be coming to a close.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Porochaz »

skitzer wrote:sorry, i was gone.

The way I see it, I just pointed out a possibility. It is very likely that scum did give us a weak doc. That was the first thing that came to mind when YS jumped bandwagons. I'd read that it's not very fun to have dumb roles, so I figured YS was purposely trying to get herself lynched. Plus, I misread the weak doc PM, and thought it stated "all protects will fail".
that would make no sense, why the hell would you think that, thats like looking at an orange and going "mmm thats a lovely shade of blue"
I can see why that was scummy, now that you mention it.

@Porochaz I chose the one shot Vig because it was better than the other choices to me. I just don't think that an encryptor is a good idea. Roleblocker and rolecop were just plain not good chocies. Because the scum are talking during the day now, they can point out things to each other that they may have forgotten during Night.
But you do know they can talk during the next night as well, Giving scum an extra kill is very stupid,giving scum the encryptor role is not very useful as anything they could say suring the day could be said at night before they kill- no advantage
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Ether »

Post 86, Bookitty wrote:You wrote a long post defending your roleblocker idea, but you didn't share it. I don't understand why, having put the work into that, you didn't feel that your thoughts would be useful to the town. I mean, it was already written, and I know for myself when I write something lengthy, I tend to post it just on the basis that I put a lot of work into it.

In preference to actually sharing your own ideas (and apparently opening yourself up to attack), you chose to attack someone else who had had the same idea, and make a case out of that person changing their mind.
I find it easy to type a post as long as I have an opinion to type it about. I changed my mind
because
you changed your mind. If you had not, I would also have continued to back the roleblocker with arguments (which I can still provide if anyone is actually interested). And I've clearly shared my own ideas--ideas more relevant and controversial than anyone else in Day 0. I have said all of this repeatedly.
Post 86, Bookitty wrote:You've had to clarify pretty much every point you've made, and that's why I asked you to make your points in question form, so I knew what was rhetorical accusation and what you actually wanted a response to.
I consider everything something to respond to. The confusion point is fair.
Post 86, Bookitty wrote:most of your posts were filled with accusations about my usual playstyle (false, and I believe you knew them to be false if you'd considered it)
Only the original bit, and the accusation wasn't that your train of thought moved on but that I couldn't see what your train of thought actually
was.

Post 86, Bookitty wrote:you yourself are ignoring posts like this:
YvonneSeer wrote:Ether, I have no idea what you're trying to get at. Sorry! :very happy:
which arguably is about as specific as your posts directed at me have been, but apparently didn't merit a response from you.
I
did
respond to that in 54.
Post 86, Bookitty wrote:
Ether wrote:Read: how are you not stifling discussion?
I absolutely agree that this argument has derailed useful discussion, cost the town the random vote phase that might have allowed some analysis on other people (though I don't accept responsibility for that part), and has largely monopolised the conversation.
I asked this in comparison with the accusation that I was stifling discussion. I love discussion--I love it so much that I got the ball rolling on my first post in the game, and was dismayed to see that no one wanted anything to do with it, even after they
could
vote people.

I made a discussion and tried to drag people into it. I failed miserably.
Post 86, Bookitty wrote:On a related theme, if I were sure you were scum, or even moderately convinced of it, I wouldn't care about you calling it OMGUS. I'd just vote you. But with the bandwagon building on you, I'm viewing that as a point in your favour, ironically enough.
...h-heh.

I continued to attack you because of your backhanded, often misrepresentative jabs at me without putting your vote where your mouth was (or anywhere relevant at all). All right--
unvote

I don't think Skitzer's scum, though. WIFOM games over his ignorance of the weakdoc (and his naïve 96 in general). I think the scum would have gone over the roles more thoroughly.

I want to know what Yvonne's stances on Skitzer and me actually
are.
Same question to Gorrad.
Post 108, Perfect wrote:He seemed to just brush off the accusation.
That's one thing he
didn't
do.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 am

Post by skitzer »

I think the big tizzy between you and Bookitty was just that, a tizzy. It just seemed to be a big misunderstanding/argument, I don't think either is scum right now, though this is something to be noted.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Gorrad »

Sure thing. Ether, I really think you and Bookitty are both town, and were really not arguing hard, more of a debate. If one of y'all HAD to be scum, it would be you, but I really think y'all are both pro-town.

Skitzer, on the other hand, is pretty scummy. I didn't like the weak-doc deal one bit. I still feel my vote is better on Yvonne though.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by JDodge »

Ether wrote:I don't think Skitzer's scum, though. WIFOM games over his ignorance of the weakdoc (and his naïve 96 in general). I think the scum would have gone over the roles more thoroughly.
Ignorance and naivety have nothing to do with it; I'd actually say you just (slightly) hinted at the existance of the weak doc, although that's less of a scumtell for you.
stream

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Ether »

Night 0, in theory wrote:Scumbag Bob: So I'm thinking weakdoc/doctor/vig would screw them over good. No information roles.
Scumbag Lisa: It's more complicated than that. Weakdoc
is
an information role.
Scumbag Pepito: So what about that cop? It's only any good once it knows its sanity, and we can probably WIFOM a godfather in.
Scumbag Lisa: Would a vig be a threat to a godfather?
Scumbag Bob: Probably not.
Scumbag Pepito: ^_^

[healthy discussion about town power roles ensues]
I think ignorance and naïvety do have something to do with it. (My reference was to weakdocs as a role, not as a specific person
with
the role. I'm unsure how it's a hint.)
Post 6, Porochaz wrote:
vote roleblocker and godfather

I think the first one is the best option, the second was chosen due to me not liking the rest... vig, I dont want the mafia to get an extra kill, the encryptor allows all mafia to speak all the time, if that person is alive then it benifits them all rather than the one person, the cop I wrote down initially but then realised what were the chances mafia chose vig for town if they haven't then the NK'ing doesn't really matter, the cop investigations could be a bit of a blow but then were unsure of the cops sanity anyway.
Post 103, Porochaz wrote:However if you were to ignore that and look at his other posts I dont have to go to far to find something else scummy about him, for instance:
Skitzer wrote:Vote: 1-Shot Vig

The encryptor could be dangerous if we decide to massclaim. The Mafia could freely discuss how they wanted to split the claims between powerroles and town
Post 109, Chazbold with Skitzer wrote:@Porochaz I chose the one shot Vig because it was better than the other choices to me. I just don't think that an encryptor is a good idea. Roleblocker and rolecop were just plain not good chocies. Because the scum are talking during the day now, they can point out things to each other that they may have forgotten during Night.
But you do know they can talk during the next night as well, Giving scum an extra kill is very stupid,giving scum the encryptor role is not very useful as anything they could say suring the day could be said at night before they kill- no advantage
I agree that Skitzer's 23 sucked, but your defense of the encryptor
specifically
feels weird.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by JDodge »

But ignorance and naivety aren't the
issue
; the issue is implied knowledge. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying entirely.
stream

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

Skitzer, do you think it's a protown action to identify and point out a town powerrole when you think you've spotted one? Why or why not?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:59 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Vote: Skitzer
, that mention of Weak Doc looked very odd IMO.
perfect628 wrote:Random voting seems to be coming to a close.
Erm, it finished ages ago.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:39 am

Post by skitzer »

Bookitty wrote:Skitzer, do you think it's a protown action to identify and point out a town powerrole when you think you've spotted one? Why or why not?
I meant to point out that there is a possibility she isn't scum and we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
perfect628
perfect628
Townie
perfect628
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:40 am

Post by perfect628 »

Eh, whatever. skitzer is becoming increasingly suspicious, especially b/c of what jdodge caught. I won't have much time til Wednesday, so I'll hold off my vote. I'll also post my thoughts then.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

skitzer wrote:
Bookitty wrote:Skitzer, do you think it's a protown action to identify and point out a town powerrole when you think you've spotted one? Why or why not?
I meant to point out that there is a possibility she isn't scum and we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
But... you voted her. Is that not jumping to conclusions?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by skitzer »

If you are talking aobut my first vote, that was a random vote.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

My fault, you fosed her. I could have swore you voted her but nm then. Still though, why would you point out a powerrole? As town, we want to keep them hidden from the scum.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by skitzer »

I don't know. I just wanted to show, that there was a possibility that someone who is seemingly scummy can always be town.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:37 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Hey, who said I'm trying to get myself lynched? skitzer, I think pointing out a possible powerrole was a mistake if you are town, plus your reason for doing it (misreading the weak doc PM) is quite hard to believe. Did you just make that excuse up? My vote is going back on you.

unvote, vote: skitzer

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”