Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by -Grey- »

#top
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I probably overreacted a bit because I was busy going into my reads and it's like each time I looked I saw

1. first matt come out as he did and put me as top scumread
2. then -grey- pop in and say similar and that he'd l-1 eventually

it looked like a pretty extreme sudden turn of events at least in my pov, tbh
deranged and incoherent
?
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by cassielle »

ok, thats fair. so guys, whats your reasons? im interested in hearing this -- sheeped reasoning stands out after all, so hell why not shake the box a bit
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 579, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:@Matt, when did Rask become your top scumread??
I was never sold on Rask being town, but I kinda sheeped you, and gave him more leniency in the beginning of the game because you were townreading him. (I realise this was a bad play now). When cass pointed out that Rask is posting a lot without much substance behind his posts + the fact it didn't seem like Rask wasn't trying to hard to scumhunt put Rask as top scum to me.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by cassielle »

wrt post 603: imo mbg is sheepy in general but im not caring too much, if rask flips red we got two whole days of leisurely scumhunting, and i would stake my life on rask being red atm. to rephrase: mbg having sheeped reasoning here isnt a break in character (hell its damn near his playstyle atm) and im feeling the rask wagon.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Already stated.

Nobody has spoken up to confirm what Rask was saying about the gamestate in their defense, so I'm not giving it much credence.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by cassielle »

im feeling the same way about the defense dismissal. i also agree with mbg that 8 days is good time to keep up the scumhunting. rask is just like, digging this giant hole atm, not accepting pro-town advice early and its hurting him now on top of everything else. i think that wagon isnt at risk of losing momentum when the time comes and we can focus on finding scumbuddies. ill let you guys direct that tho because i dont mind giving rask more airtime to bury himself atm
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 599, cassielle wrote:no, i think youre dodging the point. not liking pressure to you is scummy. you treated tb's reaction as def scum. said there was no pro-town reason for it and implied it was unlikely he had any good argument in favor of it.

so why, when we apply that reasoning to you, is it somehow different?
I didn't say he was scum for overreacting to the l-1, though. I know most players wouldn't claim there (you can ask creature or giga) and even just earlier I think there was a message about not claiming until intent so I was surprised he claimed and I kind of wasn't sure what to make of it, you can go back and read what I said there in context.

In truth my scumread is probably closer to that he actually underreacted, as I think it's scummy he kept on lurking even after experiencing that wagon and pressure (i.e. he was voted like I was, but barely had anything to say about it and didn't start giving reads or like analysis). Something like that is supposed to shock you and wake you up a bit if you're town and not really how thinkbig handled it overall.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 606, cassielle wrote:im feeling the same way about the defense dismissal. i also agree with mbg that 8 days is good time to keep up the scumhunting. rask is just like, digging this giant hole atm, not accepting pro-town advice early and its hurting him now on top of everything else. i think that wagon isnt at risk of losing momentum when the time comes and we can focus on finding scumbuddies. ill let you guys direct that tho because i dont mind giving rask more airtime to bury himself atm
Are you 100% saying you're not going to reconsider trying to lynch me today?
deranged and incoherent
?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 608, Raskolnikov wrote:Are you 100% saying you're not going to reconsider trying to lynch me today?
If she said no, would you stop trying to find/push scum?
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by cassielle »

1: claim could have been thinking he was at l-1 and not being around. ive read my share of noob games here and that is nooot uncommon -- someones not home, theyre at l-1 without intent, they claim and beg people not to hammer before they get home.

2: you never said a word about the underreaction, you let him lurk and moved to rakkar as your prime suspect lol

3: im saying that i dont think youre capable of convincing me you arent scum. if you want to try, you got all the rest of d1 to do so. i recommend working on an ironclad defense and making a masterpost on it instead of the fluffspam
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

well I've already put way more time into this today than I intended.

if I hear people say they'll have an open mind it gives me some hope at least.

"good" night >__>
deranged and incoherent
?
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by cassielle »

show of hands who yall seeing as your top two scumfavs for rask? i got shade and tb as my favs atm, shade+tb doesnt feel right but rask+shade feels nice and rask+tb, while weaker, doesnt feel bad to me
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Okay fuck you.

I'm tracker.

Stop wasting your time idiots.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I don't want the whole day to be spent circlejerking about me and my "partners" and then probably when it gets to a critical point people don't even believe me.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Now I'm actually going to lurk and be lazy like before again so enjoy :cool:
deranged and incoherent
?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

still writing my catchup but don't cc rask's tracker claim today if it's fake

already explained my feelings on this earlier but just reminding everyone
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Fuck you too. "Top townread" and you don't defend me at all, don't see you anywhere and you appear the moment I claim.
deranged and incoherent
?
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by cassielle »

wow, talking about claiming at l-2 scummy and does the same thing. i would ask for a cc but thats dumb af d1.

you are suspicious af on every level man, idk even here, im gonna wait for some outside input for now

the rage feels town but theres this real "GTFO MY BACK" feeling that idk, you STILL come across scum to me

idk the best way to go here. so. waiting on folks
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 pm

In post 418, cassielle wrote:im on board with most of these, but imo post 53 schadd_ is pure evil, its a quiet way of asking "is it a good play to off the IC for mafia?" like, the best you could say is NAI, to me it comes off as ultrascum
i asked a similar question when i was town in my newbie game, i don't see it as AI honestly

the idea of an IC is kind of strange at first but having one around is like training wheels. by the time D1 is over you don't really need the IC any more and the SEs can usually pull their weight
In post 419, Creature wrote:
In post 148, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:is that town i'm not sure honestly
The bigger your personal townblock is, the less you'll accept other townreads.
yeah basically but

usually in the early-game if i see something that pings me as town/genuine i just call it town, if I find something scummy i call it scummy. if that ends up in having more of one type of read then i re-evaulate

didn't really get a vibe one way or the other from . i realize there's the temptation to call it a townslip but it's kind of a cheap townslip to intentionally go for for newbiescum, but i don't get the vibe that means he legitimately thought that the scumteam had to have an experienced player and a newbie. I like casserole's read on it that it could be a newbie frustrated that they rolled scum with another newbie but that shows how many angles you can really come up with. it's just a meh post that doesn't ping me.

Creature, what do you mean by "harsh" in ?

Casserole, if the general vibe is to follow me, wouldn't that insinuate I'm town? Like I suppose I could just be really influential scum, but the table seems decently smart here and capable of coming up with their own opinions. I don't see "follow giga" happening if they're my scumbuddies (i'd tell them in the PT to try to think of original thoughts and that's backed up by my last game), nor do I see it happening if they're all town and I'm scum. I'm going to look more into this once I finish catching up.

dont really agree with casserole's point on rask not crossing himself out but it is kind of funny.

creature what about my meta seems different here in ? significant changes in posting style aren't AI for me and my town and scum games are constantly going to look and feel different depending on my mood.

honestly what irks me most about rask is that he doesn't townread GAYreen but I don't know how much of that is playstyle vs. AI

yeah i get the rask scumreads now. still feel a good deal of emotional engagement so i'm probably just going to straight up reread the game but i think i'm only comfortable with {Grey, Casserole, Creature} townreads now, maybe schadd_ too.

is a good vote though...

can't really tell what rask is thinking about casserole page 20.

is a good post imo. can go into detail but i'm not really vibing with cassie's scumread of this slot

dw should always be implicit

@Shade, you can always declare a V/LA for a couple of days if something like that comes up again (or you see this)! anyway, I'm not exactly following what you find scummy about GAYreen's reaction to the claim, could you go more in-depth?

don't really think the reasons cassie brings up to sr mbg aren't alignment indicative, like i don't consider him a lurker and i felt his early posts had a genuine tone to them but i'm probably rereading that slot too

are my thoughts exactly. @TB, The best way to deal with pressure is to just contribute, trust town to find town. if you can't keep up mentally then i would definitely suggest replacing out, i've done it before in a similar situation and i won't think anything ill of you if you do.

i can vibe with at this point, though i don't really feel as strongly about the scumreads (i never do tbh) so i'd say they're all about equal.
In post 517, ThinkBig wrote:{S}Schadd
{S}Cassielle
i would definitely like to hear more about these...

on , creature getting that "conftown" read was more from my understanding of his meta. vibe with the TB read. GAYreen read seems a bit shallow/simplistic but i can see it coming from town. actually had the same thought on casserole (too many scumreads) but like conviction wise and just how much she needed to break up the kumbaya it's obvtown. worth noting that in a tb/rakkar world that doing what cassie is doing is TECHNICALLY the optimal play i highly highly highly doubt that that's what she's trying to do.

i still think matt's town tbh

yeah my posts are shit lol cassie

don't think was a scummy answer, calling the whole thing a circlejerk i think did answer the question but

agreeing with and that's basically why i've been townreading mbg. same with .

((just saw the tracker claim here))

actually i still need to sit and think about the claim and it kind of compromised my catch up (i just woke up like an hour ago and i have to go back to sleep so uh)

i'll just post this now
Raskolnikov wrote:Fuck you too. "Top townread" and you don't defend me at all, don't see you anywhere and you appear the moment I claim.
dude you guys are posting like crazy and you've never been my top townread??

like give me some time to catch up i just woke up
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm

like earlier i was going to say that i was starting to vibe with rask scumreads but the fact he's basically been echoing my thoughts a lot feels town so??

{Creature} - obvtown
{Cassie, Grey} - town
{schadd} - leantown
{mbg} - nulltown
{TB, Shade} - lynchpool

is where i'm at now i guess but i need to review

rask is not on there because of the claim

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:13 pm

TB/shade doesn't make sense so obviously something's up

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:20 pm

actually cassie do you agree with me that TB/Shade is unlikely?

honestly i still feel like i'm in a kumbaya state and i'm not liking it but with the tracker claim no one else reads as scummy to me

probably starting by rereading mbg but

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by cassielle »

more confident on my gbT townread now. i need to give a new reads list but first i need to get some advice on wtf you do in a situation where a claimed pr is hypocritical, inconsistent and ultrascum so i know how to lay out that bottom slot

i am not budging on my rask feels, he is lynchbait from massive scum feels or nkbait from claiming and a liability at -best-, at worst hes scum whos poss gonna coast to d2 on the back of a ml imo. hence needing advice.

also yeah tb+shade feels infinitely wrong. this is another reason to stay on that rask wagon imo

mbg would be my second pick but he doesnt feel good with shade and does feel real good with rask. so itd be tb + mbg, i do not foresee a shade + mbg pairing
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by cassielle »

and my scumfeels on tb are weaker than they are on shade to a small extent ftr, so i really dont vibe with a tb+mbg team even tho its the best non-rask option

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”