Micro 675: Heroes of the Storm uPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

I wasn't expecting you to, especially because a lot of the reason I chose to rest a few days in this game before coming in, posting where I was at and going from there was explicitly because I have that tendency to get hung up on stupid shit like I did in that game and I know how much it fucks over the game when that happens (and if it helps this is something I've had a tendency to do recently because I find it gives me much better reads, e.g. FG's recent large dance, I just did it a lot more explicitly here).

it's just, ugh.

(and thank you :))
notscience + pieguyn
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Obvious Alt »

I should probably bookmark this on my main account. I don't want to alt slip, but I keep forgetting this exists.

Reading now.
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 1.4

Dunnstral
(1) - Shadow_step
Seiko x Naomi
(2) - Syryana, borkjerfkin
Aj The Epic
(2) - Seiko x Naomi, The Oxford Bubbles

Not Voting
(4) - Dunnstral, Obvious Alt, Aj The Epic, Charloux

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 1 will end in
(expired on 2017-01-26 06:01:00).

Mod Notes:

The bane of being a european mod with a mostly american playerlist. :(
Doing my best to post frequent enough VCs!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Charloux »

@Seiko: You are overanalyzing my
I did it on a whim without any purpose of advancing the game, NOR making fun of others even though i tend to go for mutual humiliation occasionally. Was thinking of leaving the claim like that, but decided not to after which looked like
"What the fuck are these idiots doing now"
and genuine frustration. If you connect Syr's thought pattern i'd say he is more likely to be town rather than faking everything he did till now.
The Oxford Bubbles
The Oxford Bubbles
Townie
The Oxford Bubbles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:11 am

Post by The Oxford Bubbles »

The reason I didn't wanna Bork to call Syr town without a good reasonsies is cos if Syr is scum he can fake town and bowl over Bork!!!! That's not good! We hafta be careful about who's town and who's just a null read!!

Anywaysies, Raven's vote on Aj is goodie :) :) :) I like it a lot

Seiko is not scum!! I don't understand why ya say she's scum bork :o But I do think char and bork are townies

Dunn, who do ya think is scumsies? Ya haven't explained ya saying you wanna lynch Shadow >.< That's mean if you're just voting him cos he voted ya

- Bubbles
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 179, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:The reason I didn't wanna Bork to call Syr town without a good reasonsies is cos if Syr is scum he can fake town and bowl over Bork!!!! That's not good! We hafta be careful about who's town and who's just a null read!!

Seiko is not scum!! I don't understand why ya say she's scum bork
Why are you so convinced Seiko is town? You've spent the whole game trying to convince bork that I've done nothing that couldn't be faked whereas Seiko (which consists of two players that I consider better mafia players than I am) is solid town. What have they done that's not fakeable?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 73, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 71, Syryana wrote:Oxford is getting a squinty eyed glare from me.
I see a pretty believable trajectory from them
So I find this post a bit odd on re-read because I felt their trajectory with Char wagon was anything but natural.
In post 37, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:Well, "us" is better to go on right now than "he lewd".

VOTE: Charloux
In support of RVS-ish wagon.
In post 45, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:Dunnstral, I don't think it was a slip, but what harm does having an early wagon do?

~ Raven
Second head shows that support
In post 57, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:I bet Syryana was trying to get Charloux quicklynched on a reason that only looks good!!! Mafia like hiding behind FAKE reasons to attack people cos they know if the reason sounds good they can vote innocent townies and noone will know!

And then when Dunnstral yells at him he posts a gif of an ugly man! I think he's scum trying to dodge the subject >:C He didn't even explain why he wanted Dunnstral lynched! I bet he moved his vote cos he couldn't hide behind his fake reason any more...

VOTE: Syryana

die! die! die!

- Bubbles
...And...

Okay so my major issue here is I think every major player involved here (SxN, Syr, Dunn, tOB) realized it was an early wagon. That's basically everyone who was voting for it early + Dunn, who was against it. At first I thought this was a bit of a joke because the reason's ugly but
In post 64, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:I disagree with Bubbles about what Syryana was doing but I don't think his posting is genuine. He calls attention to what he did in post and to my gut that doesn't sit right.

~ Raven
Again the hydra reaffirms it. I don't see how you read what transpired as anything but an RVS wagon, which normally gets a hell of a lot closer to lynch before disbanding anyways. Granted the reasoning (Dunn didn't vote after calling someone out) wasn't put down in thread yet, but it isn't hard to see that the wagon on Char was already done. That and the fact that this read has persisted needlessly since then is what doesn't sit well with me.

On the bright side, Dunn is town. This is like the first time I actually believe it too, but his actions around it show actual suspicion, something I don't see in scum games of his.
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

I think TOB's is actually pretty town as far as their mindset goes, ftr, but I won't comment any further until Syr's done with his line of questioning.
notscience + pieguyn
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

TOB is "pretty town" in general I'd say.
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

AJ's feels really forced and is very similar to the kinds of pushes I like to make when I'm scum: find some read that someone has that you can nitpick on and call them scum because "I don't see the logic behind their read" (I'm pretty sure notty remembers when I pulled this on him in a game where he was being dumb wrt a scum read on Tammy once). there are scenarios where someone does have a read that is legitimately off and is worth pushing over, but bork's read doesn't seem incongruous at all and I'm not exactly sure how he can find it so problematic that someone would believe "someone saw a jump on an RVS wagon they weren't comfortable with and freaked out over a quicklynch" as a read someone would hold, even if they disagree with it.

I'm not even 100% bork is town or anything like that, but *if* he is scum it isn't for that.
notscience + pieguyn
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 184, Seiko x Naomi wrote:AJ's 181 feels really forced and is very similar to the kinds of pushes I like to make when I'm scum: find some read that someone has that you can nitpick on and call them scum because "I don't see the logic behind their read" (I'm pretty sure notty remembers when I pulled this on him in a game where he was being dumb wrt a scum read on Tammy once). there are scenarios where someone does have a read that is legitimately off and is worth pushing over, but bork's read doesn't seem incongruous at all
I read AJ's post and it seems more like "bork I disagree that TOBs trajectory was logical because *reasons*" rather than "bork is scum because he's calling TOBs trajectory not shit".

Bork, thoughts?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 181, Aj The Epic wrote:Again the hydra reaffirms it. I don't see how you read what transpired as anything but an RVS wagon, which normally gets a hell of a lot closer to lynch before disbanding anyways. Granted the reasoning (Dunn didn't vote after calling someone out) wasn't put down in thread yet, but it isn't hard to see that the wagon on Char was already done. That and the fact that this read has persisted needlessly since then is what doesn't sit well with me.

Are you talking to me or tob here?

P-edit: trying to figure that out.
beefycheese
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

he seems to be explicitly implying he thinks bork is scum for it ("doesn't sit well with me"). if I'm wrong, he can correct me.
notscience + pieguyn
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

He did call my post "odd" so i can see why pie might've took it that way (although i find it odd that he would attack the person who they disagree with about a read as a first line of questioning, as whether or not i am wrong is not pertinent to my alignment, only whether i am straining the bounds of credulity with what i am saying)

Also the quotes from TOB aj linked were posted by three different people. I would not expect completely congruous thoughts there.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 187, Seiko x Naomi wrote:he seems to be explicitly implying he thinks bork is scum for it ("doesn't sit well with me"). if I'm wrong, he can correct me.
i am not sure he is talking to me here
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Like nothing else in that last paragraph makes sense in context if he is talking to me
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

And if he is talking to me i have no idea what he is trying to say
beefycheese
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I'm more or less asking what about their posts made you think TOB is town, since those posts gave me the opposite impression. And no, I'm not 'suspecting bork'.
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

huh I guess it's just worded in a weird way.

in that case, why exactly is it scummy that their Syr read never changed? i.e. what part of it reads as disingenuous and why would you have expected it to have changed?
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

I also still think the post reads like a scum post tonally, but probably not as relevant of a point.
notscience + pieguyn
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't even understand what's being articulated here: it feels like people are talking about stuff that honestly doesn't matter. We're only a few days in and I'm already willing to lynch any lurker
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Foxbird »

Shadow_step has been prodded.
The Oxford Bubbles
The Oxford Bubbles
Townie
The Oxford Bubbles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:10 pm

In post 180, Syryana wrote:Why are you so convinced Seiko is town? You've spent the whole game trying to convince bork that I've done nothing that couldn't be faked whereas Seiko (which consists of two players that I consider better mafia players than I am) is solid town. What have they done that's not fakeable?
I'm not saying seiko's town!! I'm saying seiko's not scum!!! That means she's null. Q, E, D! I said who was town and they were bork and char! So that's not true syr!

- Bubbles
The Oxford Bubbles
The Oxford Bubbles
Townie
The Oxford Bubbles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:18 pm

AJ THE EPIC IS A MEANIE!!! OF COURSE WE SUPPORTED AN RVS WAGON IN RVS!!! HE'S JUST TRYING TA MAKE US LOOK BAD SO HE CAN MISLYNCH US!!!!!

- BUBBLES
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Prodded.
*insert content here*
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”