Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Just because someone is a good play doesn't mean you should auto-sheep them.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

Someone with a high accuracy rate should be sheeped.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

If you're not confident in your own reads, yes. Otherwise take their opinion into account but don't treat it as fact.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 725, BBmolla wrote:
In post 723, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why aren't you sheeping Nero on SC if you're claiming you two are reading the game the same way?
I'm fine with SC lynch but AJ is more obviously scum
I don't know. My past experiences with AJ have led me to believe he gets scum read for his personality and play style a lot. I liked a few of the things he brought up about SC and the Heartless for Rouge Leader vote is interesting. The latter goes against the grain a bit and I don't think scum would want to take such a risk standing out.

In post 749, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm amazed that everyone hasn't auto-sheeped Mastina.

VOTE: Pine-A-Tonics
I want to based off her experience, but so far, her confidence hasn't been too assuring.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:06 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 753, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't think scum would want to take such a risk standing out.
Hmm, really? What risk would that be in this particular case?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 754, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 753, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't think scum would want to take such a risk standing out.
The popular choices for Rouge Leader have been you and Nero. Voting someone else without an explanation for Rouge Leader like AJ did could lead to unnecessary attention.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Not sure how that attention would be a bad thing though. He's already drawing attention to himself with his unorthodox play.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 756, Infinity 324 wrote:Not sure how that attention would be a bad thing though. He's already drawing attention to himself with his unorthodox play.
Yes but he's a player I feel that is set in his ways in terms of play style. He can't help it at this point. Voting for Rouge Leader is something he can control.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 749, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm amazed that everyone hasn't auto-sheeped Mastina.

This is pretty cruddy, for obvious reasons

Thinker - you asked for a case on infinity. But what do
you think
about him?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

There is a possibility that this is a bus but generally I rather not sheep scum.

I'm not sure what her lack of Cakez vote, while still calling him scum, means. On one hand, he's scum and Mastina doesn't want to bus him yet but then the possibility exists that he's just a mislynch and Mastina is calling him scum to give herself the flexibility to hop on him later on. I'd like for the none Cakez voters (mainly Piper, Pine, Titus and Heartless) to talk to me about him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 753, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't know. My past experiences with AJ have led me to believe he gets scum read for his personality and play style a lot. I liked a few of the things he brought up about SC and the Heartless for Rouge Leader vote is interesting. The latter goes against the grain a bit and I don't think scum would want to take such a risk standing out.
Voting for a townread is risky?

lol
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 755, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The popular choices for Rouge Leader have been you and Nero. Voting someone else without an explanation for Rouge Leader like AJ did could lead to unnecessary attention.
I kinda feel like LUV is just making shit up right now

cuz this is bad
;)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Its a weak reason but could be town imo

I'm just worried about LUV for the same reason pine was, he seems to be playing it safe too much.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Pine-A-Tonics
Pine-A-Tonics
Goon
Pine-A-Tonics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Pine-A-Tonics »

If you're worried, there's a simple solution. Put pressure on him and start asking for definitive answers.

I personally think word choice matters a lot when indicating alignment and just in general you can reveal a lot of behind the scenes info when doing it. For example, in post 755 LUV says "could lead to unnecessary attention." What pings me about it is that the motivation behind it feels moreso him telling a player to just shut up before they are pressured than just a general observation.

It's starting to become a theme as well where he is discouraging conversation. He thought the beginning was just noise and I can't recall from memory if there were other instances but this brings another example as to LUV discouraging discussion and I don't like it at all.

/Gin
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

How is he discouraging discussion?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:58 am

Post by The Thinker »

In post 753, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 725, BBmolla wrote:

I want to based off her experience, but so far, her confidence hasn't been too assuring.
What Mastina experience do you have upon which this is based!?
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:59 am

Post by The Thinker »

And how did I, again, mangle a quote!?
:facepalm:
Pine-A-Tonics
Pine-A-Tonics
Goon
Pine-A-Tonics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Pine-A-Tonics »

Infinity 324 wrote:How is he discouraging discussion?
I'm not sure where Gin's going with that, exactly, but playing it safe stifles discussion, as does limiting choices to the popular ones. We see this all the time when people get on others' case over a vanity vote when there are viable wagons.
In post 755, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
The popular choices for Rouge Leader have been you and Nero. Voting someone else without an explanation for Rouge Leader like AJ did could lead to unnecessary attention.
In post 757, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 756, Infinity 324 wrote:Not sure how that attention would be a bad thing though. He's already drawing attention to himself with his unorthodox play.
Yes but he's a player I feel that is set in his ways in terms of play style. He can't help it at this point. Voting for Rouge Leader is something he can control.
Consider these. LUV is limiting choices, attributing things to play style instead of motive, and generally discouraging independent thought.

Please note that I'm not at all convinced that the above is alignment-indicative, (I think it deserves some discussion post-game,) but I think that's what Gin is getting at.

Pine
Pine-A-Tonics
Pine-A-Tonics
Goon
Pine-A-Tonics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Pine-A-Tonics »

post 134, post 261, post 312 are the posts that pinged me from earlier on.

It's the fact that he'll say he doesn't like the discussion at hand but didn't give off an alternative.

like, one can go "Hey I think this conversation is just noisy, lets talk about this instead because I find it to be blah blah."

Do you understand or am I being asinine?

/Gin
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:02 am

Post by The Thinker »

In post 747, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 739, The Thinker wrote:Thinkbig hadn't said shit at this point in the game, in or out of the hydra.
This was cleared up, I meant gin.

Can you give some actual content now? The fluff plus your odd tone is worrying me.

Oh yeah, gamma replaced in so I should be able to read him. Hi gamma!
My bad, just going by what I saw and I sint see anyone immediately bring it up so figured it was missed.

Do I have an odd tone? Hmph.
I'd blame it on being in a Hydra but Think hasn't really said a thing yet. Maybe it's this sepia background were using! :P

I'm kidding, but like, I don't see what you're saying. Is my tone off in a scummy way or...?

- Ari (still)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Desperado »

Seemed overly emotional/defensive. It's not an issue that Think hasn't said anything and never was so it looked out of place.
;)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 767, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:
Infinity 324 wrote:How is he discouraging discussion?
I'm not sure where Gin's going with that, exactly, but playing it safe stifles discussion, as does limiting choices to the popular ones. We see this all the time when people get on others' case over a vanity vote when there are viable wagons.
In post 755, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 757, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Consider these. LUV is limiting choices, attributing things to play style instead of motive, and generally discouraging independent thought.

Please note that I'm not at all convinced that the above is alignment-indicative, (I think it deserves some discussion post-game,) but I think that's what Gin is getting at.

Pine
The whole conversation is talking about why LUV townreads AJ, so he wasnt discouraging non-standard choices.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 768, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:post 134, post 261, post 312 are the posts that pinged me from earlier on.

It's the fact that he'll say he doesn't like the discussion at hand but didn't give off an alternative.

like, one can go "Hey I think this conversation is just noisy, lets talk about this instead because I find it to be blah blah."

Do you understand or am I being asinine?

/Gin
I get it yeah. I need to do a little more in depth look into him though including meta.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 769, The Thinker wrote:I'm kidding, but like, I don't see what you're saying. Is my tone off in a scummy way or...?
Yes, it sounds fake.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 599, Klingoncelt wrote:Wait - you played on Wake's forum at USMB???
no, I've just played with all of House, Ika and Silverwolf before they were banned and Titus, Math, Wake, and Kling numerous times.
In post 620, SirCakez wrote:Where did Titus write me off as bad town?
I'm to lazy to ISO to get the quotes but basically when I said your vote on Titus was bad then she was all like "oh hey how is this diffrent than all the others times I've been wagoned unjustly." or something along those lines.
In post 639, SirCakez wrote:I sometimes wonder if Mastina just RNGs her reads and then tries to explain them. That would be funny.
Hey, lets talk theory!

So, as scum, I think that calling a player town is kinda buddying or pocketing to use the new jargon. I think alot of players are stupidly OMGUSY so when a scum player calls another player town then its less of a chance they get voted and I think, atleast subliminally, when a player knows they are town and are being called town they kinda go "Oh hey X is reading me correctly so they must be town too!" This is my first time playing with Mastina but I've played several times with her on the Mastin2 account and I know that she has entered the game in a similar style in the past. Was she scum that game? Town? She likely does this regardless of alignment although she's fairly scummy here.
In post 702, BBmolla wrote:I think Nero is the only person reading this game the same as me
:igmeou:
In post 714, Heartless wrote:[blahblahblah hydra dissonance blahblahblah you're making excuses blahblahblah see, this is the problem with hydras, get off my lawn blahblahblah blahblahbklha;lkdsflk;asjd f;lkdsjfwa turd sandwich pbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttt bpbpptpbtpbpptbtppt ]
/flails fists in uncontrollable, pants-soiling fury
ah, the good ole' days when hydra diss was considered a scumtell.
In post 727, Titus wrote:Rogue Leader: BBMolla
Why him and not me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”