Newbie 1761: Welcome to Mafia (Game Over)

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

And, also, that's a really bad town play.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 5.01PenguinPower (1) - algebra

Not Voting (2) - Nachomamma8, PenguinPower

With 3 votes in play, it will take 2 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, January 30, 2017, at 9:00 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2017-01-30 21:00:00).
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Yours.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Active enough to place a LyLo vote, but not enough to respond to a question...
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by algebra »

Because my guts tell me too

When in doubt go with your gut
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

That's bad.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

How about your ISO in regard to Zaraki.

How does that look?

Admittedly, mine doesn't say much; and, my last post in regard doesn't look great. But...how about yours overall?
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by algebra »

UNVOTE:
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Ok....
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1356, PenguinPower wrote:How about your ISO in regard to Zaraki.

How does that look?
Not sure what you're getting at with this question.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

My expectation is that I'll have pretty limited access tomorrow (and maybe?) the next day; penguin, am interested in seeing your outline one but if you're approaching this LyLo with only one possibility in mind and are town then you're pushing the game to a loss.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And, actually, I've thought it over, and if algebra is scum who left me alive to make the PP vote then he deserves the win. I was hesitating because I would feel really really really dumb if he played me this hard, but I don't really think that's the case and the only way that I'm voting algebra today is if I'm going against what I've thought all day and that's just not happening.

Vote: PenguinPower

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1346, PenguinPower wrote:It's nacho. Will outline why in the morning.
In post 1347, PenguinPower wrote:Also, waiting for that snap vote.
And this is Penguin panicking because he knows that I'm voting him today and he knows there's no way he's getting out of a 1v1 with me; it doesn't make sense for him to go immediately from suspecting everyone (except for Zaraki) yesterday to 100% confidence today, but he needs to come across that way in order to cater to algebra better.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

How does that look?

Admittedly, mine doesn't say much; and, my last post in regard doesn't look great. But...how about yours overall?
And this is a bad bad response to the algebra vote; again Penguin thinks that algebra is going to keep his vote on him and he's trying to readjust to a Penguin v Algebra LyLo; if he were town and as confident on me as he said it was then it would be "GET OFF ME GET OFF ME GET OFF ME" all the way.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:36 am

Post by PenguinPower »

algebra - if you're scum please go ahead and hammer...don't drag this out. If you aren't scum, please post a non-gut case on me.

I'm going to wait for that before I spend a whole bunch of time typing up why I think Nacho is scum.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1362, Nachomamma8 wrote:And this is Penguin panicking because he knows that I'm voting him today and he knows there's no way he's getting out of a 1v1 with me; it doesn't make sense for him to go immediately from suspecting everyone (except for Zaraki) yesterday to 100% confidence today, but he needs to come across that way in order to cater to algebra better.
I don't have 100% confidence. I've been waffling between you and algebra for most of the game. I was just putting together a response to your comment on his ISO re: zaraki and it makes me scumread him again. Starts off conf!town zaraki; includes zaraki in all of his lynch pools but never pushes it, makes his attrocious "shit shit shit" post following a potential bus yesterday, and kills off the only person who may townread me in LyLo.

But whatevs...you've said a can't convince you so I won't waste my time.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1360, Nachomamma8 wrote:LyLo with only one possibility in mind and are town then you're pushing the game to a loss.
Pot meet kettle.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:56 am

Post by algebra »

I want to see your case, PP. it better be good
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:01 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Alright. But, if you are scum and are making me walk through this for shits and giggles, I'm going to send internet hate vibes through these connected cables.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:43 am

Post by PenguinPower »

So, given the above, algebra is confirmed Doc making Nacho the RB.

Spoiler: Zaraki Interactions
In post 430, Nachomamma8 wrote:This logic, while decently silly, seems like something more likely to be coming from town as opposed to scum - I think that sticking your neck out is something that scum is less likely to do than town (scum don't like to do things that get people to pay attention to them), and I think that going berserk on a pretty widely accepted norm is one of those things that is obviously going to bring attention to you.

I'm interested to see Zaraki's response to Mort's translation of this post, though, since Mort's translation is kind of reachy and not at all what I got from it.
Initial interaction from nacho sets up a rational reason for Nacho to townread his Goon buddy, and provides a coaching opportunity from IC to newb!scum that he should respond to Mort.
In post 436, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm confused how he didn't clear up the issue (or at least attempt to). I don't like that this response comes on the heels of Mort's posts towards Zaraki; it seems like an opportunistic play to use Mort's aggressiveness to jumpstart a Zaraki wagon. I also still don't understand why you ever voted Mort in the first place; could you refresh my memory?
Softly defending Goon buddy while setting up a town mislynch.
In post 487, Nachomamma8 wrote:From my understanding, the case that Xnad had is that Zaraki didn't clear up the issues from the case itself, which is complete garbage soup but different than what you're saying here. Is there something I'm missing in 144 or are you referring to a separate post?
More defending of the Goon buddy.
In post 626, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 592, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 588, Nachomamma8 wrote:Who are your suspects for today? Do you suspect Deimos like everyone else does?
Curious as to why Arc was killed over Mort. Lessens my TR on that slot, but still a TR. algebra not being killed is highly suspect to me. JR/Hellfire is still townish to me. Don't have any reason to think otherwise at this point. I haven't read enough of you yet - given my inactivity - to really form an opinion. That's something I'll remedy early D2.

Don't like Zaraki....possible second scum right now, but not enough to go on yet.
No time like the present, right?
I don't really like HM's analysis of the lynch yesterday right now; haven't really seen anything from his approach that might point to anything that's so much as vaguely alignment-indicative.

I wish that Deimos would come back and post; I still feel good about my reasons for townreading the slot, but I was definitely hoping for more along the lines of reaffirmation. I don't really understand why the Arc kill happened, but Mort not dying for one night doesn't exactly kill my townread on the slot since I think that scum making a silly move seems far more likely than Mort faking his play yesterday.
I start to suspect the zaraki slot, and he reroutes to HM.
In post 1070, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1015, algebra wrote:Can they do that? Maybe the goon thought that he roleblocker would submit one and didn't submit one just in case.
Something like this is what I expected happened; one player expected the other to submit the action and then they didn't make it in time.
If it was just straight both scum players missed night, then the team is Cloud/Zaraki which is not something that I've at all discounted. Why do you think Penguin is town? I know you like his attitude, but I'm having trouble getting over a lot of the stuff that he's been saying.
Weak suspicion on the Zaraki slot - he can refer back to this later on as necessary to show he questioned the Zaraki slot. However, he leaves two town mislynches in there, and would likely push either one over Zaraki if push comes to shove.
In post 1077, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1053, CloudKicker wrote:Then get zach, im not scum either
this is where i'm leaning on voting today.
But never does. It's important to note that, while Zaraki has been mostly inactive the whole game, this is around the point where he becomes almost completely inactive and RB Nacho would gain a net postive from bussing him Goon buddy.
In post 1078, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1070, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1015, algebra wrote:Can they do that? Maybe the goon thought that he roleblocker would submit one and didn't submit one just in case.
Something like this is what I expected happened; one player expected the other to submit the action and then they didn't make it in time.
If it was just straight both scum players missed night, then the team is Cloud/Zaraki which is not something that I've at all discounted. Why do you think Penguin is town? I know you like his attitude, but I'm having trouble getting over a lot of the stuff that he's been saying.
As I said above, reposts this as rationale for him supporting a Zaraki lynch when Cloud shows interest.
In post 1084, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1080, CloudKicker wrote:also nacho libre, i assume you dont particularily believe im mefia and ure correct on that, i also do not believe you and penguin are a team so we can work together. I personnaly dont think penguin is mefia, i dont have a sound read on you but im willing to work with you. If you are town and correct on penguin, theres still 1 mafia outside that we can work on that is in sens/mort and zach. If you are mefia, that means penguin is town and im correct so i dont want to lynch in any of you two. If you are town and wrong on penguin, then theres 2 mafia outside you guys penguin/nacho so its ez for me to get a mefia lynch since both would be mafia. NOT sure if im explaining myself well but overall

Im dont want to lynch in nacholibre/penguin because imo its at the very least 1 mefia (town vs mefia talk maybe) while both mort and zach could be mefia and im okay working with you nacholibre and penguin to get a mefia lynch to victory!!!! you can also trust me because like you said, penguin flip flop on myself doesnt look like we are a team at all so again, im not saying that to defend ur penguin fos
The key to working with me is talking about my Penguin read. If you're right and town, we win the game if you sell me on penguin. If I'm right and you're town, then we win the game once I sell you on Penguin. I'm fine lynching Zaraki today (sens isn't mafia), but Penguin is the important read.
Again, saying he is fine to lynch his inactive Goon buddy, but keeps defending the slot by push the Penguin mislynch.
In post 1300, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1295, PenguinPower wrote:If you do, you should vote Nacho.
And also if Zaraki flips scum, it's going to take a hell of an appeal to stop me from snap-voting Penguin after this post.
This is setting up a win for scumteam in Lylo. He knows that Zaraki will flip scum.
In post 1328, Nachomamma8 wrote:It's probably setting a bad example, but I'm for it.

Vote: Zaraki
Going for the bus.
In post 1329, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote

Was expecting algebra to pop back in, wanted to see if I could get an interesting reaction.
Oh, wait, not yet.
In post 1340, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Zaraki

fuck rereading
Quickhammer for the win. This, coupled with his comment above about snap voting me, sets me up to be a great mislynch in LyLo. Add in the Cloud kill, which would be the slot that would be most open to townreading me at this point, and it's a solid plan for a scum!win.

Spoiler: Night Kills
Day 1 Night kill
was ArcAngel, who had suspicion on Nacho. It was a good opportunity to eliminate a threat from an experienced player.
In post 545, ArcAngel9 wrote:Nacho - I am not having good vibes from you.
Nacho, being the RB, knew that algebra was no threat. Especially on D2 when I had strong suspicions on the validity of his claim. In fact, that would be a great person to take into Lylo.

Day 2 No Kill
: This was a great opportunity for Nacho to doing several things. He can get a potential clear from the doctor when there is no night kill, which is exactly what algebra stated.
In post 938, algebra wrote:I guess that confirms nacho and I as town
And then Nacho get town!points for calling out that he's not confirmed town.
In post 949, Nachomamma8 wrote:Not confirmed town. Either scum forgot or they strategically no-killed, which would have been an absurd move.
This also offers up what happened, but he gets to discredit it as a possibility. They forget (unlikely) or
strategically
no-killed, which he immediately discredits as absurd. Note his response to this:
In post 964, PenguinPower wrote:2. You state that scum could have strategically no-killed and that it would be absurd. It doesn't mean that you/alg didn't do it, only that it would be absurd. You're not lying and it takes suspicion off of you because, why would the IC make an absurd move?
was to brush it off with the below:
In post 1002, Nachomamma8 wrote:So... because I've publicly expressed that I thought last night wasn't optimal for the scum, that makes me scum? What do you expect that I'd do as town if I thought scum did something silly overnight?
He's required per the IC rules to claim it's a sub-optimal move, so at best its NAI. But again, it was a
strategic[//i] no-kill that set ups tons of WIFOM and gained nacho townpoints. Scum loves confusion.
Night 3 Kill
: Obvious. SensFan was the towniest player at that point. Scum isn't going to kill Goon buddy Zaraki or RB Nacho; CK and PP are easy mislynches to push; algebra staying alive will create chaos as long as PP is alive.
Night 4 Kill
: As stated above, CK had to be killed prior to Lylo because PP is the mislynch that will be pushed and CK is the most likely player to offer some resistance to that. algebra has to be brought in to Lylo as a backup because of PP's suspicion of him.

Spoiler: Recent Misc Posts
In post 1305, Nachomamma8 wrote:algebra is my strongest townread
In post 1306, Nachomamma8 wrote:algebra is my only townread.
This is scum buddying up the townie he knows he's taking into LyLo with him.
In post 1361, Nachomamma8 wrote:And, actually, I've thought it over, and if algebra is scum who left me alive to make the PP vote then he deserves the win. I was hesitating because I would feel really really really dumb if he played me this hard, but I don't really think that's the case and the only way that I'm voting algebra today is if I'm going against what I've thought all day and that's just not happening.

Vote: PenguinPower
Replace "algebra" with Nacho and he outlines exactly what he's done.
In post 1362, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1346, PenguinPower wrote:It's nacho. Will outline why in the morning.
In post 1347, PenguinPower wrote:Also, waiting for that snap vote.
And this is Penguin panicking because he knows that I'm voting him today and he knows there's no way he's getting out of a 1v1 with me; it doesn't make sense for him to go immediately from suspecting everyone (except for Zaraki) yesterday to 100% confidence today, but he needs to come across that way in order to cater to algebra better.
Not sure where the panic in my tone is, but that's a nice ATE. He is right that I would have a hard time in a 1v1, but that's where we're at, so I'll do what I can.
In post 1363, Nachomamma8 wrote:

How does that look?

And this is a bad bad response to the algebra vote; again Penguin thinks that algebra is going to keep his vote on him and he's trying to readjust to a Penguin v Algebra LyLo; if he were town and as confident on me as he said it was then it would be "GET OFF ME GET OFF ME GET OFF ME" all the way.
This is more ATE and doesn't make sense. If I was scum, knowing that Nacho already scum read me, I would scream ""GET OFF ME GET OFF ME GET OFF ME" since Nacho's vote would be my loss. Except, I don't act like that, and I was expecting to have a talk with algebra, hence the "Ok...." at the naked unvote and no further comment.

At this point, if algebra is town (which I have to assume he is with no hammer) then Nacho has to be scum. Done the best I can.

VOTE: Nacho
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:09 am

Post by algebra »

VOTE: Nacho

I hate this game so much
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:10 am

Post by algebra »

I'm sorry if your town Nacho
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

You better not be playing with me algebra.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 5.02Nachomamma8 (2) - PenguinPower, algebra
PenguinPower (1) - Nachomamma8

Not Voting (0)

With 3 votes in play, it will take 2 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, January 30, 2017, at 9:00 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2017-01-30 21:00:00).

Hating the game enough to make a game-ending vote is fine if you do it correctly, right?

Nachomamma8,
mafia roleblocker
, was lynched on Day 5!

A win condition has been fulfilled!

algebra,
town doctor
, and PenguinPower,
town vanilla
, survive and win the game for the town!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Equinox »

Roles

Mafia Roleblocker:
TierShift
Cheetory6
Nachomamma8
Mafia Goon: Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Town Cop: XnadrojX
Town Doctor: algebra
Town Vanilla: ArcAngel9
Town Vanilla:
Deimos27
CloudKicker
Town Vanilla:
karldilkington
PenguinPower
Town Vanilla:
MortFeld
SensFan
Town Vanilla:
NOBii
Clemency
JR
Hellfire Missile

Actions

Night 1

Nachomamma8 blocks algebra (successful)
algebra protects Nachomamma8 (unsuccessful, action blocked)
Nachomamma8 kills ArcAngel9 (successful)

Night 2

Nachomamma8 blocks no one (successful)
algebra protects Nachomamma8 (successful)
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez kills no one (successful)

Night 3

algebra protects SensFan (unsuccessful, action blocked)
Nachomamma8 kills SensFan (successful)

Night 4

algebra protects Nachomamma8 (unsuccessful, action blocked)
Nachomamma8 kills CloudKicker (successful)

Private Topics

Access to the mafia private topic will be granted only by permission of the respective users.

Graveyard: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69383
Mafia: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69384

Thank you all for playing! Special thanks to borkjerfkin for being the backup moderator.

Everyone should use this time to discuss the game and give and receive feedback for game play. Ask questions and see what you did well and what needs improving, and apply them to future games.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”