Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 998, Desperado wrote:lol Molla isn't getting lynched today
you're lynching thinker with me right?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

are you adverse to anti getting rogue leader?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

no clue what that is. if it's something scum could do decent damage in then hell yes I am.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also I think the vote I just put down sucks. damn.
I am needed elsewhere; I'll be back later.

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:47 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 720, Desperado wrote:
In post 1, Firebringer wrote:ROGUE CREW
The Rogue Crew is a neighborhood of players that is chosen by the Rogue Leader
Rogue Leader is voted by town at each day.
A plurality is needed on Day 1 with a majority needed on following days to replace the leader
The leader picks the crew after lynch before night begins.
The crew can change night to night.
The crew may have various abilities.
The crew is limited to a maximum of thirty percent of ALIVE players.Rogue Crew is a neighborhood of players that is chosen by the Rogue LeaderRogue Leader is voted by town at each day. A plurality is needed on Day 1 with a majority needed on following days to replace the leaderThe leader picks the crew after lynch before night begins.The crew can change night to night.The crew may have various abilities.The crew is limited to a maximum of thirty percent of ALIVE players.
its funny because this is the second time this post has been linked to your slot.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 836, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 104, Aj The Epic wrote:FWIW your math is wrong. You take the percentage of the whole populace, not the assumed scum:town ratio. 4/17 is 23% scum ration, 5/17 is 29%. Not that it's completely relevant to anything, but that's how you'd measure it.
Aj's posting at this point is what seems like just enough to be just enough.

e.g. it's nothing
In post 112, SirCakez wrote:I assume it's 13 v 4 like Firebringer's last 17 player large theme.

In other news I reconnected with the spirits and they've tentatively told me that the Piper and Princess are town and that alban is scummy (i;e I reread the game to answer Heartless's question and noticed that alban was sort of dodging the Titus issue on page 2 which doesn't look good).
As were like half the thread, especially including the player in the post above?
In post 146, Titus wrote:
In post 142, Infinity 324 wrote:People can still talk about me, but that doesn't mean I have to address every point when I don't believe anything good will come out of it.
The selective push does tell things to me. Namely, that whatever your alignment is, you're likely doing something scum want. The hyper, extreme defense of your awkward push on Pine says as much. Then people pretend you were not trying. Major bullshit. Even if you argue senantics on awkward, you were trying to have Pine lynched.
No, not in any way, no. Infinity was not trying to have Pine lynched on page 1. You could argue that he could have been trying to get votes to go and therefore stay in that direction, you could argue that he was trying to look busy, but you definitely can't argue that he was trying to lynch a player in RVS.
In post 237, Nero Cain wrote: what was the best star wars movie?
This one.
In post 269, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I like that he was one of the first people to mention that we should discuss who should be the Rouge Leader for Night 1. I don't really like the assumptions he made about the setup. Null overall.
Um, what exactly about that made you like him? If anything, that's NAI. Scum can take initiative too. Also, I know later on you realized that he knew about the setup from the OP, but of you were concerned that he knew too much, why not share that earlier instead of waiting for someone to ask?
In post 272, PrettyPrincess wrote:What assumptions specifically do you not like?
PP comes out of the woodwork just to inquire about himself; doesn't seem like someone whose trying to solve the game to me :good:
In post 295, Klingoncelt wrote:Just a prod dodge here, I don't need to get involved with VCA arguments or multi/singleball arguments, most of the discussion here has been empty fluff worthy of a Victorian-era luncheon.

Good entrance by Nero, maybe he's Town. I always Townread TTH. Molla and the Piper look Townish. No reads at all on everyone else.
Kling in in exactly the same boat as PP.
In post 301, Infinity 324 wrote:(But I like the other parts of the post as well)
... Go on?
In post 838, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 310, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Yeah after a review of his ISO and just from rereading old games I don't think this is town!SC.

VOTE: SirCakez
This is god awful.
In post 331, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:About the Rogue Leader thing, I think it's a disservice to vote yourself as captain. The way it's set up, it's like we can vote to lynch someone and that's who we think is scummy, as for voting for rogue leader, it's like voting for who your strongest town read is.

Basically, if you're town, then people will see that and you'll be elected and it seriously discredits a whole other dimension to the game that can be analyzed if you vote yourself.

/Gin
Yeah, I feel the same way here. I think the rogue leader votes are going to be important later on to look back on, so voting yourself really isn't helpful to anyone. I'm also someone who loves the use of neighborhoods/neighborizors in general, for anyone that's played my games, and I think they're a lot more powerful than most people give them credit for.
In post 336, Heartless wrote:
In post 279, SirCakez wrote:
In post 265, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 264, SirCakez wrote:Someone hasn't posted while on V/LA? Must be scum...
Wasn't what I was implying...

Ari tends to lurk as scum and I was suggesting to PP if they would like to see if this is him pulling that once him and TB come back.
Not you, Heartless's

LUV is pinging me
Hi Cakey! ^_^

Anti told me to talk to you because he thought you were being horsey with him. I'm having a little trouble getting a bead on you since we're really out of step in terms of reads. It mildly troubles me that we've both expressed an opinion in direct opposition to yours ( and , regarding Princess) but you apparently don't want an explanation from either of us. I know you're not a random person who's never played with us so that makes me think you're avoiding us.

Can you be any more descriptive in your Princess townread or your LUV scumread? Please?

-TTH
This post along with the following one look authentically town to me; granted, I don't know the Heartless scumgame and while I assume it's pretty tight, I feel good about them for now just based on pure towny-logic alone. For one, I don't see a world where scum bothers going after Cakes for failing to respond to opposite opinions to them; if anything, it makes the most sense for scum to either let that go since it creates more opposition, or to just call it scum like the rest of us and just jump right on the wagon.

The thing that convinces me more though is that TTH is here trying to understand Cakez motivations instead of just saying "LOLZ OBVSCUM" , attacking him for it and immediately piling on which would have been easy enough. That's a towny mindset if I've ever seen it.
In post 338, Heartless wrote:
In post 295, Klingoncelt wrote:I always Townread TTH.
I remember you from Gistou but not from anything else. :S

Up to that point I'd only made two posts: and . Were you townreading either of those? I'm a little lost on the nature of this read, mostly the described history of "always townreading" me.

-TTH
Along the same lines, questioning someone's TR on yourself because it's bullshit seems overtly towny.
In post 339, SirCakez wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 281, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:
In post 198, SirCakez wrote:How is trying too hard not scummy? What's the motivation for town to try overtly hard to look town?
Cakez, I'm concerned about your question as it's feels like a loaded one. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're asking why a townie should act...townie.

It just feels like you're saying people aren't acting scummy and you want them too.

/Gin
Yeah I'm dumping this point. I was wrong I think, too much evidence to the contrary.
In post 285, PrettyPrincess wrote:"Confirmed" is used by newer (read: bad) players the way that millennials use "literally"
As a millennial this both offends me and is also probably true
In post 292, Heartless wrote:
In post 279, SirCakez wrote:
In post 265, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 264, SirCakez wrote:Someone hasn't posted while on V/LA? Must be scum...
Wasn't what I was implying...

Ari tends to lurk as scum and I was suggesting to PP if they would like to see if this is him pulling that once him and TB come back.
Not you, Heartless's

LUV is pinging me
the SAAAAAAASS

i only saw the v/la post after i flipped the page from fire's prod post.

ari still has a reputation for being a lurksack as scum so i don't know why you would go out of your way to give me shit for that.
I'm aware of Ari's lurking as scum, I just wanted to make a joke.
In post 298, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 257, SirCakez wrote:This avoids the question
No it doesn't. You asked why you would fake your response, I said you probably couldn't help but fake it.
Not that, the "what is fake about it?" that was the initial question.

Nero scumreading me is unsurprising, probably town really as I think he'd want to keep me around for a later mislynch as scum
LUV's "I read his ISO and older games and don't think this is town!cakez" is total bullshit though, especially since it came right after I said he was pinging me
Molla's naked voting is shity too but iirc Molla never explains things
Princess's complete lack of game awareness with their vote on me for Rogue Leader is odd but I want to say it's derptown, as I think scum wouldn't want to stick out so much with trying to put someone being wagoned in a power position
I'm not really scumreading Titus anymore (she's null now) so

VOTE: AJ

P-edit: Hi TTH! I'm not avoiding you guys, I just didn't think to ask about your Princess read. TBH I can't remember why I was town reading them which isn't really a good sign so I'm going to reread them and Klingon since Klingon is being wagoned and I have no read there.
My LUV scumread was initially from how it feels like he's following the crowd (sheeping my alban scumread, sheeping a vote for Infinity rogue leader, sheeping Molla on Piper's post restriction being annoying) and then jumping to respond to a joke that wasn't aimed at him felt weird. And then his vote with some really weak reasons on me is terrible.

VOTE: AJ
Reposting this in case Fire misses my vote in the spoiler
This post is incredibly wishy washy.
In post 341, Infinity 324 wrote: But that, plus the fact that TTH convinced me that PP is scummy, making klingon a bit townier, means cakez is a better vote.
What?
I think it's pretty self explanatory why I liked him. I wasn't concerned with his assumptions, I just wasn't a big fan of them since we haven't had a flip yet.

Why was my vote for SC awful?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

did we really both full wall posts so you could ask that question?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah, I was way too lazy to edit things out.

I'm willing to compromise on TheThinker. How much time do we have left until deadline?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

actually the answer you were looking for there was no.

no.

we.

did.

not.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Trying hard not to replace out again..

I still can't get into this game but I strongly feel there is one scum in SC, Mastina, and TheThinker

VOTE: TheThinker
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1000, Nachomamma8 wrote:you're lynching thinker with me right?
nah

I'm on AJ but I don't mind the Thinker wagon either. Like to see where they go.
;)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh, and titus if you're arguing that i'm confirmed town for not outing a secret vote:

If Nacho was scum with a secret vote, you would see:

"hahaha let's put this wagon at L-1 for reactions!"

"i'm a cop i'm a cop GET THE FUCK OFF ME"

NACHO MASTERMIND MAFIA: "hey scumpartner when some knucklehead gets to L-1 I want you to find a reason to vote him so I can deliver the killing blow"

"hey guys i'm not really worried i'm totally town but i'm safe at L-2!"

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

...ok but what do sharks have to do with that
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 999, Nachomamma8 wrote:people are writing antihero off too easily.
his scum game ends up being bad on average but he has okay scum range (aka he does have the ability to turn it on); he's not out of scum range yet. doesn't mean he's a great lynch (my vote was more "hi!" which is why whoever asked me about it got a snark answer), but it does mean that all of the confidence around him is misplaced.
fair enough. if you don't want me you've still got infinity and nc to choose from.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 am

Post by Heartless »

also your thinker vote is excellent
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

Vote Count 1.14

Pine-A-Tonics [2] mastina, Klingoncelt
SirCakez [2] Nero Cain, Aj The Epic
mastina [1] Drunken Piper,
Lil Uzi Vert [1] Pine-A-Tonics
Aj The Epic [4] SirCakez, BBmolla, Titus, Desperado
The Thinker [5] Infinity 324, Heartless, TheWayItEnds, Nachomamma8, Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting - [2] Aeronaut, The Thinker

With 17 Alive, It Takes 9 To Lynch.

Rogue Leader Vote:

Desperado (1) Infinity 324,
BBMolla (1): Titus
Infinity 324 (5): Desperado, Drunken Piper, Lil Uzi Vert, Heartless, Mastina
Nero Cain (2): BBmolla, Pine-A-Tonics
Heartless (5): Nero Cain, AJ The Epic, The Thinker, Klingoncelt, TheWayItEnds

Mod Notes - May the flavor be with you.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-01-24 15:26:20)!
Last edited by Firebringer on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 960, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 955, SirCakez wrote:Where? I ISOed you and saw nothing.
I guess it wasn't explicitly stated but when Desperado was talking to Uzi about my vote for Rogue leader I responded in post 793:

Spoiler:
In post 793, Aj The Epic wrote:
Desperado wrote:@ LUV: It's bad because you are suggesting that AJ as scum would feel pressured to go with the crowd on the Rogue Leader vote when that just isn't true. He doesn't even have to think infinity is scum to justify it either, he just needs to be able to defend what he is declaring as his best townread.

^This is not a risky thing to do as scum and suggesting otherwise is...bad.
And in fact my reason for voting Heartless was neither. I just wanted to see what happens if there was a counterwagon to the rouge leader infinity vote, specifically because I think it was becoming too easy.

That it wasn't that I felt Heartless was scummy (by context of what Desp suggested) but rather I wanted to vote heartless to see what came of it. If nothing else, the way I've talked to Infinity from like post 255 onward should give it away tonally that I read him as town.
Now that you've explained yeah I can see it, but that quote is
really
not showing anything.
Also speaking of which, in my iso run of yours (was searching side by side to find your own townreads), I see you have a mountain of scum reads. Me, Alban (before replace), titus, TTH, Kling, and Luv. And in 508 you say:
In post 508, SirCakez wrote:I'm waiting until I develop a really solid townread. I don't have a super strong one atm.
Along with some shade tossing towards Aero slot earlier in the game. Got anything for us in terms of townreads? Especially ones that aren't shade tossing at the other end (aka Mastina's)? Like your one explicit town message is 'mastina's reads suck but she's town hurdur'. Funnily PP (mastina's former) was the only explicit townread you had before and your read on her was much the same (derptown). It's a rather condescending end to a read that allows for you to ignore whatever the slot says while townreading them.

And you also have way too many scum reads to actually exist in this game. Even someone like me who focuses on scumreading doesn't even get to the kind of count you have.
Titus is null now, I never scumread TTH, LUV is null too.
My only strong scumreads atm are Klingon, Thinker and you.

I have no clue how you could have missed my changing scumreads in my ISO.
For townreads I've got Heartless, mastina, Piper, Infinity, and (slight) Pine-a-Tonics.
In post 985, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 949, mastina wrote:
The Thinker
Molla
SirCakez
Pine
I can compromise on a Cakes lynch if no one wants to lynch Pine-A-Tonics. Same with Thinker.
baaaaaah
baaaaaah

Rogue Leader Vote: <3less
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Desperado »

yo Cakez if you have Infinity and Heartless both as town why are you splitting votes
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Desperado »

Nvm, they both have 5. Let me rephrase: Why Heartless over Infinity?
;)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I feel slightly better about Heartless then Infinity
The way TTH talked to me really felt super duper town and Infinity hasn't had a "obvtown" post like that
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

does someone on the heartless rogue leader not have a vote?

Fire is that VC correct?

~My mistake
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Cakez feels town
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by The Thinker »

In post 1012, TheWayItEnds wrote:...ok but what do sharks have to do with that
You're trolling right?
Heartless wrote:also your thinker vote is excellent
Nope, it really isn't.
Apparently nobody can read us correctly this game.

- Ari
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by The Thinker »

Not that I've made it easy, I'll admit that. It still sucks though.
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by The Thinker »

In post 1000, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 998, Desperado wrote:lol Molla isn't getting lynched today
you're lynching thinker with me right?
Why Nacho? :(

You can read me well! What have I done wrong this game!?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”