Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm saying that any objective third party should have known that Toto was town. I will link you the correspondence between me and the mod before I had seen my role PM in postgame.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 508, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 501, JackChaos wrote:
In post 471, MooginSoosy wrote:These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
They were similar because in that post above I was talking about trying to learn how to play the game properly.

I was trying to mimic what you all were doing. You can argue that as scum but I'm just trying over here.
Ok, so you wanted to copy what other people were doing. Why did you copy FF the most out of all the other players? a fair amount of us are newbies so I get not wanting to mimic us, but what about TS? Also, why didn't you vote for anyone even if you thought they were scum? I believe you thought pep was scum, do you still believe that?
I dunno. He seemed to have the best grasp of the game and was being a bit comical. What's wrong with that? I'm pretty sure no one comes into these games perfect the first time (or we probably wouldn't have newbie games right?)
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 525, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm saying that any objective third party should have known that Toto was town. I will link you the correspondence between me and the mod before I had seen my role PM in postgame.
I am an objective third party but a newb. The game is based on paranoia and trying to get good reads on people. Toto seemed suspicious as hell. I don't know what you expect everyone else to say?

"Whoops. He seemed a straight shooter. Our bad." You jumped aboard a sinking ship and I'm sorry.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:29 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 525, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm saying that any objective third party should have known that Toto was town. I will link you the correspondence between me and the mod before I had seen my role PM in postgame.
Sure, but if you don't actually expect anyone in this game to realise that, it's a bit silly to call yourself obvtown, isn't it?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:14 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

-Grey- replaces Secret Agent Jin effective immediately.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:15 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Pepchoninga and Formerfish have been prodded.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:25 am

Actually I do (did?) expect everyone in the game to realize my slot was town but I obviously adjusted those expectations when I was still getting tunnelled.
I
knew my slot was obviously town and can demonstrate that in postgame. I think it's pretty silly that my slot was even in contention for a wagon tbh.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:25 am

Actually I do (did?) expect everyone in the game to realize my slot was town but I obviously adjusted those expectations when I was still getting tunnelled.
I
knew my slot was obviously town and can demonstrate that in postgame. I think it's pretty silly that my slot was even in contention for a wagon tbh.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:28 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 29, Formerfish wrote:
@MOD- I didn't see anywhere in the OP about scum daytalk. Is no daytalk standard for newbie games?
Granted it's been a couple years, but you've played a number of Newbie games and should have known that scum don't have daytalk.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:31 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 43, JackChaos wrote:I like it but I'm not sure who to vote and why and I'm worried I'm going to talk during day or night or screw something up.
Newbscum post.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Formerfish »

I'm ending a long stretch of days on today. I'll have the next 3 off. I'll be around.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:36 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 48, MooginSoosy wrote:So while we're asking questions, I'd like to know why formerfish is going after jin so much still after he explained he wasn't going to be around much until the 17th. I still think jin is being suspicious, but is it worth it to continue to question someone who isn't going to be around for a little while? Wouldn't it make more sense to also question other people rather than stick to one person in this phase?
I like you. You can town for now.
In post 49, JackChaos wrote:I have no idea how to go about this so, Formerfish seems pretty aggressive but I don't think aggressiveness in a game (at least with newbs) would imply he's scum. I think it would be someone playing it cool so... MooginSoosy seems pretty cool right now diverting attention away from him.

(how's that?)
Approval seeking is scummy.

Aggressiveness is playstyle indicative.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:38 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 52, Formerfish wrote:Pressuring Jin here is the right move, even if he has stated that he will be lva.
Lol, what a waste of time.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 53, Formerfish wrote:The test is trying to determine if an attack is for real, or a faint.
Fainting isn't much of a tactic. You're just laying there, unconscious.

Or did you mean feint?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 65, JackChaos wrote:I'm going to go ahead and agree with Formerfish. The trial of Jin seems like a logical plan and seems to be rattling cages.
VOTE: Jin
My pet theory is suggesting that you just sheeped your partner here, and
In post 67, Formerfish wrote:VOTE: unvote
he got spooked and unvoted.

Sorry former, but you aren't obvtown as I expected. Your play is shady.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 73, Formerfish wrote:Yes and no. A lynch on page 3 would be risky AF. Does it happen and hit scum, yeah. I don't think thats the way I want to go with him being on lva, the pressure it holds rights now is sufficient.
This is the kind of garbage I'm talking about.

Votes on v/la players are worse than unused votes because they give the illusion of productivity while actually accomplishing nothing.

Vacant slots don't feel the pressure of a wagon.
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Fykus »

Good to see we've finally got another slot up and talking, now we can take actions if need be.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Fykus »

By which I mean now we can try to figure out if that slot is scum or not, like you cant interrogate someone that isnt here
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:10 am

Post by -Grey- »

Reads as of page four:

{MooginSoosy}
{nydushermain}
{RadiantCowbells, TierShift}
{Pepchoninga, Fykus}
{JackChaos, Formerfish}
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:16 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 110, Fykus wrote:UNVOTE: TierShift

Undoing my vote on TS for now, just because some coherent arguments for some other people here are starting to appear. I'll withhold my vote for now.

Also as a question to the experienced players here - generally when does a lynch end up being decided? Do people tend to jump on the bandwagon right at the end of the day or can people just stacks on someone half way through and cut the day short?
What might those coherent arguments be?

Why withhold your vote? What do you expect that will accomplish?

Why are you concerned about the Lynch when you don't even want to vote?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:18 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 113, Fykus wrote:Id like to keep my vote open so that if someone convincingly seems to be scum i can help to lynch them rather than waste it on you.
This is terrible.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 116, JackChaos wrote:I just spent the day arguing about Batman and now I think I am better prepared for this game.
How, exactly?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 130, Formerfish wrote:I kinda want to hang one of the replacements simply for the fact that more often than not replace outs in newbie games are scum.
False. Replacing out is NAI.

It's a shady move to suggest lynching someone because of something they have no control over.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 136, Formerfish wrote:Also, I don't know how to play town any other way that working off the knowledge that I am town and playing accordingly.
Now you know that I know that's bullshit.

I've played with town!Fish, and he wasn't so LAMIST.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:32 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 141, JackChaos wrote:Okay... form reads. Moogin seems a newbie like me so mostly harmless ALTHOUGH THAT COULD be a total bluff and
one of us
could murder your granny with a hammer.
Bwuh?

Why would town even suggest they might be Scum themselves when talking about someone else?
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:O
Formerfish seems really aggressive but I'm guessing he's just a grizzled veteran of forums mafia. He's probably a townie.
Be honest. He's your buddy, isn't he?
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:O
Fykus is super friendly so I'm going to have to assume he's a total serial killer irl maybe in game as well. Tiershift is a scholar and a gentleman. Nydushermain I don't know what to think. I rather like the pink checkered avatar but that's about all I know of them. Pep seems like he wants a fair game so probably a mafia member. Toto is quiet.
Trash.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”