Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 648, Fykus wrote:Sorry Moogs, you know i love you. Its just that I read through the entirety of one of Tiers newbie previous games yesterday and it seems the general meta is to vote for people on the first day trying to get close to lynch to put some pressure/get some info out of the person so Im just trying to emulate that. I dont get a very scummy read from you but i could be wrong nonetheless. Plus with only a few days left of day 1 it seems like we need to pull our fingers out and make a decision on who to lynch. I know its a shitty reason/explanation but its our first game after all.
How is this town, RC?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Fykus »

apologies, i meant i read through one of greys newbie games**
got em mixed up
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Fykus »

MooginSoosy

nydushermain

Pepchoninga

JackChaos

Formerfish

TierShift

Grey

RC
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Fykus »

note that those arent in order within the colours (forgot to do that)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Yeahhhhhhhh okay my philosophy at this point is there's too many people doing terrible and anti-town shit and hiding behind 'oh I'm a newbie.'

It's time to start clearing out that crowd of people.

I'm deciding if I'd rather vote Fykus or JackChaos.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 654, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm deciding if I'd rather vote Fykus or JackChaos.
I'm good with either one.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Fykus »

Can either of you explain to me how im being anti town please?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 25, Fykus wrote:VOTE: TierShift

Partially cause he voted for me, and partially because i dont think there would be 2 inexperienced scums on their first game (thered be 1 experienced person there to guide the other newbie).
Newbscum often votes the IC in RVS.
In post 110, Fykus wrote:UNVOTE: TierShift

Undoing my vote on TS for now, just because some coherent arguments for some other people here are starting to appear. I'll withhold my vote for now.
You say there are coherent arguments for other players being Scum, but simply unvote instead of support one of those arguments.

Cautious scum tell.
In post 440, Fykus wrote:Then in the next post he just up and ragequits. Like, if thats not Toto admitting he fucked up trying to pretend hes not scum then I dont know what is.
"Aha, you did this thing that independently proves you are Scum"

I call it the "gotcha tell". Town does gotchas too, but you're really putting in the work to sell this one.
In post 507, Fykus wrote:Why would a townie need to ask about the existence of day talk between scum members? Ofcourse youd want to know this if you were scum, but you wouldnt want to seem scummy by asking about it so youd phrase it this exact way by mentioning the OP.
Scummy shade casting.
----
In post 541, Fykus wrote:Good to see we've finally got another slot up and talking, now we can take actions if need be.
In post 542, Fykus wrote:By which I mean now we can try to figure out if that slot is scum or not, like you cant interrogate someone that isnt here
----
These two quotes are a lot of work to try and look town and you don't actually ask any questions in them to try to read me.

All you were concerned about were appearances.
In post 646, Fykus wrote:VOTE: Moogin
In post 648, Fykus wrote:Sorry Moogs, you know i love you. Its just that I read through the entirety of one of Tiers newbie previous games yesterday and it seems the general meta is to vote for people on the first day trying to get close to lynch to put some pressure/get some info out of the person so Im just trying to emulate that. I dont get a very scummy read from you but i could be wrong nonetheless. Plus with only a few days left of day 1 it seems like we need to pull our fingers out and make a decision on who to lynch. I know its a shitty reason/explanation but its our first game after all.
This doesn't make sense from a town mindset at all.
In post 652, Fykus wrote:
MooginSoosy

nydushermain

Pepchoninga

JackChaos

Formerfish

TierShift

Grey

RC
Three scumreads, but you vote YOUR TOP TOWNREAD.
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by Fykus »

Fair points, ive made myself look retarded.

VOTE: unvote
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

MooginSoosy

nydushermain

Pepchoninga

JackChaos

Formerfish

TierShift

Grey

RC
Is this a read list? Cuz to me it seems like you are listing us from least experienced to most experienced :D

That seems like a noob town, desperately trying to get the big guns out of the way.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 658, Fykus wrote:Fair points, ive made myself look retarded.

This is scum trying to water the situation.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

VOTE: Fykus
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 586, JackChaos wrote:
In post 584, MooginSoosy wrote:Now what I'm confused about is how both fykus and jack are saying "hang me if you want you'll see you're wrong." That seems super suspicious? If you're town I feel like you shouldn't be so ready to hang, you should be fighting and trying to find someone who actually is scum in order to help the town win. If you're town and you just let yourself die, who does that help?
Naw it's my first game. If someone wants to think I'm scum and hang me, I'll laugh my ass off.
Wut ~.~
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Translation: You got me.

Town would have picked apart my case because they would have known it to be faulty due to their alignment.

This is resigned scum.

VOTE: Fykus
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I disagree with that interpretation of that post whether or not he's scum. hold up.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by -Grey- »

That's okay, I agree with it.
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Post by Fykus »

Resigned scum? As if, if i was scum id be trying to pull all sorts of shit out of my ass trying to get this wagon off of me, but i would of been acting entirely different for the entire game so i wouldnt have this issue right now. Frankly i didnt pick apart your post because there isnt much to pick apart except for maybe 1 or two parts of it when you said i was "scummy shade casting".
In post 659, Pepchoninga wrote:
MooginSoosy

nydushermain

Pepchoninga

JackChaos

Formerfish

TierShift

Grey

RC
Is this a read list? Cuz to me it seems like you are listing us from least experienced to most experienced :D

That seems like a noob town, desperately trying to get the big guns out of the way.
Basically i copied the player list from page 1 and colour coded the people i thought were scummy but forgot to put them in towniest to scummiest order. You say its noob town (which is correct) but then you vote for me anyway?
In post 660, Pepchoninga wrote:

This is scum trying to water the situation.
No, its a new player admitting he made a fool of himself and withholding his vote for a while. But anyways if youd like me to vote on somebody ill go back to my original opinion re: toto.

VOTE: Grey
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by Fykus »

Sorry, got grey and rc mixed up.

VOTE: RC
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Lol.
---
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:07 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Oh loo, I meant noob scum. Sorry.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:18 am

Post by Fykus »

:roll:
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Formerfish »

I'll be around today. Yesterday was the first time I've seen my daughter in about a week, and as much as I like you chuckle fucks, I love that little girl to pieces and we had some cuddle time scheduled on the couch.

I'll be honest here too, I hate the tone this game has taken. I hated Toto for being over the top and cocksure about what he was doing, especially since I know that his initial premise was faulty to begin with. I really don't like the attitudes of RC or Grey from the little I've read in the last few days. RC scolded me here
In post 396, RadiantCowbells wrote:And formerfish get the fuck over yourself I'm the saltiest mafia player ever and I don't rage at newbies for being newbies in the fucking newbie queue.
and then berates newbies left and right. I don't like the empty statements about how someone was obviously town, and then have nothing to back it up with. RC you and Grey both pulled that one.

So here's what I am doing. I am resetting my reads.

Tiershift needs prodded and needs to be put into a chair in the middle of a dark room with one weak ass light over him. Tier, you have been basically non-existent in this game, which wouldn't normally be an issue, but you are the IC. You claimed at one point that you wanted to keep your reads to yourself so that you didn't influence people. Then you naked voted and called for people to sheep you. Wouldn't you rather someone sheep a well thought out and logical read on someone than a naked vote. How can the rest of us sort you if we never see the man behind the curtain?

VOTE: tiershift
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:17 am

Post by -Grey- »

That's a terrible excuse to not vote scum.
---
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 672, -Grey- wrote:That's a terrible excuse to not vote scum.
This is exactly what I'm talking about, and especially when I talked about resetting all of my reads. (Which I guess to me means going back and reading everything over, but that might not be as obvious to everyone)

I think that I've found something scummy. I am going to explore that to see if I'm right or wrong.

Do you have a case on someone you want to make sure I read, then point it out. If you don't like my vote explain why it's a bad choice and who a better one would be. Jesus.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:39 am

Post by -Grey- »

Posture harder, fish.

It's not like I nailed scum ON THIS VERY PAGE or anything.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”