Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:38 am

Post by cassielle »

for me the dynamics dont work out. scum radiant might be pushing for scum -grey-, but scum -grey- i dont see pushing for scum radiant the way he did d2. its hard to pinpoint the exact reason why but it doesnt feel right. -grey-'s push on you felt sort of like the push on schadd_ did -- it was ill-defined, not well supported and somewhat out of the blue.

and if it WERE the case (you as scum) then i couldnt clear schadd_ either and id still be suspect -- and while yeah, i dont feel like i as a player can clear my own slot, having two potential scum slots i have to just throw my hands up in the air and say "coin flip?" on is NOT where i want to be in MyLo

its practically throwing the game, even

so i choose to think that my reason above (regarding -grey- not pushing on your slot the way he did if you are scum) is correct. because that narrows things down to one possible scumpartner with -grey- (gbT), where if you ARENT cleared then gbT probably isnt scum and any of my slot, your slot and schadd_ look like good lynches from gbT's perspective because a scum read on us is all coming from the same perspective

in short: combination of the team feeling unlikely, wanting the best PoE, and not being hypocritical with my logic -- if i cant see a schadd_/-grey- world then an RC/-grey- world is even less likely for roughly the same reasons, period.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:22 am

Post by Aeronaut »

- VoteCount 3.2 -

With 6 players still alive, it's 4 to lynch!

[L-3]
-Grey- - gigabyteTroubadour
[L-4]
schadd -
[L-4]
RadiantCowbells -
[L-4]
Raskolnikov -
[L-4]
gigabyteTroubadour -
[L-4]
Cassielle -

Not Voting
-Grey-, schadd_, Cassielle, Raskolnikov, RadiantCowbells

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2017-02-08 23:00:00)
2023 W/L | 1-0
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:48 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

rc townread comes from being way more engaged in the game and actually making sense compared to previous experience

like i think that's kind of a shit reason to tr someone (especially because lack of engagement in 1718 could be handwaved by v/la BUT ALSO the C9++ game was going on at the same time so idk) so unlike schadd_ i'm not as crazy about it because schadd_ makes as much sense in my head as it does when i write it down

but when someone literally sees the same shit i do (wrt schadd_ and basically having the same reads sans our own slots)?? i tend to townread that

plus scum!RC just felt different

he had this control over the gamestate in 1718 when all he did was prodge and subtly force a no lynch

every one of his posts just had a clear goal of manipulating ppl emotionally and like I could tell even at the time but i thought it was nai for RC

there's some element of that here (at least i feel it because a lot of my play has been motivated by fear/wanting to get out of your way) but it's not the impression i get as an overall thing here — i figure thats the part of it thats playstyle

if you need like me to pull out specific quotes to explain why i think they're town i can do that

but yeah here i dont get the feeling you're intentionally dragging us to hell - your misreads make sense and your thought process reads as genuine in essence

NL is because i'm worried that i'm misreading terribly because i don't think casserole is that scummy besides that one post and the fact i think everyone else is more town

hammertesting ultimately does the same thing (confirm my trs and confirm cassielle/giga dipole) but it's more risk and betting the game on town!rc is just something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth even if I do townread you? I wouldnt oppose playing 4-way and it always benefits you to BUT on the same note it always benefits me to NL. i don't mind not acting in my self-interest because i'm still a suspect. no one is scumreading you any more so it's generally preferable to work in your self-interest because most people are sure you're town. dunno if that makes sense

i actually feel shitty for giving you that eternally-paranoid townread based on reputation and fooling me before because i literally stopped playing with my face-to-face group because I kept getting policy lynched because i was the only one who could actually play scum without having obvious tells so i like i at least have... sympathy...? for getting scumread for stuff like that even though it's 100% different when the skill level is different and it's strangers vs. close friends (this was also a large factor in townreading you last time)

ok im typing this large ass rant and i lost my place and i dont feel like rereading to remember where i went so if you need elaboration just tell me what on

i think you're town because the way you're moving through the game reads much differently than before but a good portion of it is based more on gut and i usually don't trust my guttier reads especially if it's an rc townread

schadd_ townread feels more "objective" to me in that it is both based on gut and stuff i can point to in-thread and say "this is town because x y and z"

i don't feel as confident about you because i can't explain it but if what i've said isnt enough i can try to explain what makes it "feel right" via quotes like i said
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:50 am

now that im thinking back to 1718 it just hit me that you scumread me there for something that never happened and no one ever called you out on that

imagine having that much control over a group dynamic
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:54 am

In post 910, RadiantCowbells wrote:I want Creature or Cassielle. I can settle for TB but the only reason I really want him is because it feels like scum don't want his lynch.
actually can you go back on why you felt this way

Grey/Cass means TB wagon was all town

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:57 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Besides you I had townreads all around and a feeling that everyone on the schadd wagon was town. If you're town then I was right about that.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:58 am

oh that's it?

i expected more but that makes sense

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:59 am

In post 2231, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:oh that's it?

More just general feeling after reading the game. I can't put words to it but I also townread slots.
Most of what gets me going on certain things is just having a feeling about something which is usually based on similarities between things people have done.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:01 am

btw i dont think it being all town is illogical; schadd_ wagon made zero sense because we never heard tb's scumreads' reasoning and Creature is just humanized paranoia who would avoid an ""easy"" wagon like TB
RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2231, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:oh that's it?

More just general feeling after reading the game. I can't put words to it but I also townread slots.
Most of what gets me going on certain things is just having a feeling about something which is usually based on similarities between things people have done.
in terms of words i dont get this but I also Get it and feel the same way??

ive like skimmed the game today i cant deepread it

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 am

Like for the record I don't think my lurking in 1718 was alignment indicative. I think lurking is generally a towntell for me.
The constant, heavy handed manipulation without a clear purpose is super scum indicative though. As town I will go as far as I need to get if I need to get one person lynched but I wind down the rest of the game.
As scum usually I want to keep the train of lynches and posturing going because it serves my wincon whereas as town I don't want to be in god emperor mode unless I have a good reason for it.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:09 am

yeah it probably wasnt AI nor did i think it was but i brought it up because you posted seldomly yet had so much power over the town you shouldn't have

and that selfmeta puts what i was trying to word pretty well

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:09 am

I mean I'll say that and yet I'll still have an army of people who will powerlynch anyone who even hints that I might be scum next time I roll scum and pull the same crap.
It works altogether too well.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:15 am

GBT can you link some of your scum games, particularly newbies?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:17 am

my one and only on site is the one from the PT i linked

i'll link the full game in a sec

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:19 am

Oh, okay. Yeah I already read that and was wondering if I missed any.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:20 am

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68636

rereading this i sounded so fake lol

the town game this parallels has already been linked in game but i can link it again

when i say parallel i mean that my style in this game is obviously different but that should be NAI
RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh, okay. Yeah I already read that and was wondering if I missed any.
oh ok

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 am

Aww I'm sorry about making you want to cry :(
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 am

lmfao :P

yeah the Dp/RC fight was kind of brutal to watch

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:22 am

like lycan was right in that it could have been worse since you were scum

so i wouldnt feel bad about it but that game was just rough

but in a good way i needed to be humbled that hard

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:23 am

Post by cassielle »

RC: is there any extra input i can give here? any at all?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:25 am

In post 2244, cassielle wrote:RC: is there any extra input i can give here? any at all?
Can you follow through on what your read on Grey day 1 was before I replaced? Did it not bother you that your top scumread jumped on the wagon with you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 am

It feels really off to me that both of you were yelling that each other were scum then ended up voting the same wagon without asking questions.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:39 am

Schadd, what's your read?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:02 am

Post by schadd_ »

you have not seemed like a scum that likes playing scum, and you like playing scum as far as i can tell. between gbt and cass, cass seems scummier on pretty much every front. she mutually buddied with grey, she scumread me beyond usefulness, and for so many of her reasonings she just described an elaborate thought process, which seems more like an intent to look difficult to fake than to actually affect other people's thoughts. gbt posted a heck of a lot, and to this day i can't really find any particular caveat to the fact they are generally transparent and accountable. i'm still in the process of rereading the game and both of their ISOs.

to some extent, my reads are now "how impressed am i if this is your scum game?"

rc: wowowow. fukken nice, keep the scummy i guess
gbt: you're quite industrious
cass: i mean, i couldn't help but feel it pretty much the whole game.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:04 am