[0] Riley Cake
[1] Toto - Hawk
[0] Sesq
[3] nebula - MagnaofIllusion, Lowell, BlueBloodedToffee
[1] Music Box - nebula
[0] Fredrick E Campbell
[0] Hawk

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: Lil Uzi Vert, Pepchoninga, KainTepes, VeeGee, Riley Cake, Sesq, Music Box, Fredrick E Campbell

14 players are alive, therefore 8 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2017-02-13 13:10:00)
Sigh
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Music Box »

VOTE: Hawk

He asked for a wagon on him so I'm obliging.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VOTE: Music Box
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Music Box »

You spelt Hawk wrong.
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:25 am

Post by nebula »

In post 27, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Music Box
Everyone seems to be making votes for silly reasons; however, you are the only one who made a vote with no other context provided. Why is that?

Also.

UNVOTE:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:39 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Why hasn't the wagon on Nebula grown?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:43 am

Post by nebula »

In post 30, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why hasn't the wagon on Nebula grown?
Why do you want it to grow when the premise of your argument was shown to be invalid?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:45 am

Because I think it's a fantastic wagon regardless of Hellfire's replace out. That was just an added bonus.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 am

Post by nebula »

In post 32, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because I think it's a fantastic wagon regardless of Hellfire's replace out. That was just an added bonus.
Why do you believe that it is a fantastic wagon?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 am

Any starting wagon is fantastic. It just happens to be you this game.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 26, Music Box wrote:VOTE: Hawk

He asked for a wagon on him so I'm obliging.
I did what now?
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 am

Post by nebula »

In post 34, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Any starting wagon is fantastic. It just happens to be you this game.
Why do you believe that any starting wagon is fantastic?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:07 am

Information.

Why are you trying to look busy?
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:18 am

Post by nebula »

In post 37, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Information.

How else would you suggest that I attempt to understand the rationale behind an action? I most likely would not have to keep asking questions if you were simply forthcoming with your reasoning. Your one worded response would lead me to ask "What information are you hoping to derive from a starting wagon"; however, you do not need to answer since I do not expect a helpful response.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:19 am

I have been forthcoming with what I am doing.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:06 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Nebula
– Couple of questions

1. Why did you unvote Music Box but not vote LUV when you were pointing out LUV for something tha t looks like you are calling suspect behavior?
2. Do you think there is isn’t a potential to get information from an early game (basically RVS) wagon?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 38, nebula wrote:
In post 37, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Information.

How else would you suggest that I attempt to understand the rationale behind an action? I most likely would not have to keep asking questions if you were simply forthcoming with your reasoning. Your one worded response would lead me to ask "What information are you hoping to derive from a starting wagon"; however, you do not need to answer since I do not expect a helpful response.
Hey didn't ask you why you're inquiring into his thoughts but why you are trying to look busy. Isn't it obvious that a an early wagon can draw out information? Whether it's helpful or not it's still information.

Do you think early wagons are detrimental to town?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:44 am

And now that Hellfire's ban has been retroactively reversed I'm not moving my vote as that replace-out is scummy.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:44 am

Post by nebula »

In post 40, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Nebula
– Couple of questions

1. Why did you unvote Music Box but not vote LUV when you were pointing out LUV for something tha t looks like you are calling suspect behavior?
2. Do you think there is isn’t a potential to get information from an early game (basically RVS) wagon?
Hi.

1.) I unvoted Music Box because I had no reason to have a vote on her. That was done by my predecessor. I haven't voted for Lil Uzi Vert because:
a.) He has yet to respond to my question.
b.) I do not really have a basis at this point to believe that I should be voting for him.
2.) I do not see what information can be gained simply from starting a wagon on anyone without basis.

Note: I looked up RVS in the MafiaWiki, and the third paragraph mentions "a wagon on someone may cause them to panic." So, perhaps there is some utility to a random wagon, but why not simply start questioning other players?
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:52 am

Post by nebula »

In post 41, Hawk wrote:Hey didn't ask you why you're inquiring into his thoughts but why you are trying to look busy.
Hi.

Did my response not address this? Apologies if I was not clear, but I was inferring that I was not trying to look busy; rather, I was asking questions to gain a better understanding of his thoughts on why my wagon was "fantastic." If asking questions comes across as me attempting to look busy, than how else would you suggest I proceed?
In post 41, Hawk wrote:Isn't it obvious that a an early wagon can draw out information? Whether it's helpful or not it's still information.
It is apparently not obvious to me. Was this meant to be rhetorical?
In post 41, Hawk wrote:Do you think early wagons are detrimental to town?
Aside from the fact that they are statistically more likely to be on someone who is town, I cannot think of why they would be.
nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 am

Post by nebula »

In post 42, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And now that Hellfire's ban has been retroactively reversed I'm not moving my vote as that replace-out is scummy.
I am not sure how this makes sense if the replace-out was not voluntary.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am

In post 43, nebula wrote:1.) I unvoted Music Box because I had no reason to have a vote on her. That was done by my predecessor. I haven't voted for Lil Uzi Vert because:
a.) He has yet to respond to my question.
b.) I do not really have a basis at this point to believe that I should be voting for him.
So you don’t believe in voting early is a benefit to the game and Town’s ability to form reads? What is your Mafia experience (aka are you an Alt)?
In post 43, nebula wrote:2.) I do not see what information can be gained simply from starting a wagon on anyone without basis.
Potentially tons. Especially info that can be mined down the line when players (especially the wagonee) have flipped.
In post 44, nebula wrote:Aside from the fact that they are statistically more likely to be on someone who is town, I cannot think of why they would be.
Statistically any wagon in the game is more likely to be on scum than Town. That’s how an informed Minority works. But the fact that you can’t think of any real reason why they are detrimental makes me wonder why you are so opposed to early voting.
In post 45, nebula wrote:I am not sure how this makes sense if the replace-out was not voluntary.
How exactly do you know that replace-out was not voluntary? I had assumed so given the Ban but the quick reversal (which is a first to my knowledge) puts that assumption in serious doubt.

Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 44, nebula wrote:
In post 41, Hawk wrote:Hey didn't ask you why you're inquiring into his thoughts but why you are trying to look busy.
Hi.

Did my response not address this? Apologies if I was not clear, but I was inferring that I was not trying to look busy; rather, I was asking questions to gain a better understanding of his thoughts on why my wagon was "fantastic." If asking questions comes across as me attempting to look busy, than how else would you suggest I proceed?
In post 41, Hawk wrote:Isn't it obvious that a an early wagon can draw out information? Whether it's helpful or not it's still information.
It is apparently not obvious to me. Was this meant to be rhetorical?
In post 41, Hawk wrote:Do you think early wagons are detrimental to town?
Aside from the fact that they are statistically more likely to be on someone who is town, I cannot think of why they would be.
It's not that asking questions nesscarily looks busy it's that asking questions which might be fairly obviously answered look busy.

You saying it's not obvious to you and then not seeing why it would be detrimental tells me you clearly understand that they draw out information.

Questions are fine but they should lead somewhere.

What did you hope to understand or learn from asking the questions you did? Does BBT's explanation give you a better read on BBT or anyone else?

Pedit: Magna outlines some of what I'm trying to say here much better than I can from mobile.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 am

In post 46, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Statistically any wagon in the game is more likely to be on scum than Town.
Errr ... this was supposed to say "Statistically any wagon in the game is more likely to be on
Town
than
scum
".

nebula
nebula
Goon
nebula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:55 am

Post by nebula »

In post 46, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you don’t believe in voting early is a benefit to the game and Town’s ability to form reads? What is your Mafia experience (aka are you an Alt)?
This is my first game of this style of Mafia. I have read the MafiaWiki, and I have played many games with other people in real life.
In post 46, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Potentially tons. Especially info that can be mined down the line when players (especially the wagonee) have flipped.
Okay. There may be a potential ton of information to be gained. I stated that I do not see it; which I do not.
In post 46, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Statistically any wagon in the game is more likely to be on scum than Town. That’s how an informed Minority works. But the fact that you can’t think of any real reason why they are detrimental makes me wonder why you are so opposed to early voting.
I assume you mean the inverse are there are fewer scum players than Town players. I also have not expressed opposition to early voting.
In post 46, MagnaofIllusion wrote:How exactly do you know that replace-out was not voluntary? I had assumed so given the Ban but the quick reversal (which is a first to my knowledge) puts that assumption in serious doubt.
The replacement statement from Creature came 31 minutes after Hellfire Missile's last post and 17 minutes after the original ban announcement. One should logically conclude that, due to the temporal proximity of the ban announcement to the replacement statement, and Hellfire Missile's recent participation, that his replace-out was not voluntary.

Return to “Completed Open Games”