Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:49 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Scared to death, the town checks with how many they are. Like they expected, a person is missing again. Gorrad had a bullet in his head. With still no dead mafia, while they know there are 4 among them, the town starts to lose hope.

Gorrad (replacing Jalyn (replacing FeRnAnDo)), Townie, shot Night 4.

It is now Day 5. With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hmmmm.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Gorrad »

I read through all this game during the night, and I get killed! Scum, you are cruel and unusual.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

For being so damn confident all the time, Ether, you are a horrible scumhunter. 0/4 indicates that we're not dealing with hands-off scum, that kind of record takes explicit direction.

Considering a re-read now that I suddenly have oodles of free time.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:58 am

Post by ryan »

Erg0: I'd like to hear more from you today. Who is the best lynch choice?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Bookitty »

NabakovNabakov wrote:For being so damn confident all the time, Ether, you are a horrible scumhunter. 0/4 indicates that we're not dealing with hands-off scum, that kind of record takes explicit direction.
Why are you making the implicit assumption that Ether is town?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:12 am

Post by ryan »

BK: Any thoughts on Elmo?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

My primary suspects based on a reread are ryan, Korlash, Elmo, and Nabakov. All four can't be scum. I think Nabakov's comments on Ether make her less likely scum, and I think that Skruffs' general demeanour under questioning make him unlikely to be scum. If I were going to vote right now, I'd vote for NabakovNabakov, but I want to do more intensive rereads before I'm willing to commit to that.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:19 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Bookitty wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:For being so damn confident all the time, Ether, you are a horrible scumhunter. 0/4 indicates that we're not dealing with hands-off scum, that kind of record takes explicit direction.
Am I?

Bookitty wrote: If I were going to vote right now, I'd vote for NabakovNabakov, but I want to do more intensive rereads before I'm willing to commit to that.
Could you at least wait until the thread is a round 100 pages before we end it? It would be so dissapointing to only go 97 or 98.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Bookitty »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Bookitty wrote:
Am I?
Criticising her scumhunting ability is only valid if you think she's actually hunting scum, so yes, I think you are. Why are you?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ryan:
Why are you probing around for other people's opinions instead fo offering your own?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Korlash »

>.> Why do I repeatedly join seemingly unwinnable games?

As for the Nabakov thing I didn't see him implying she was town. in fact I kinda took it was the opposite, implying scum.

I don't 100% agree that Skruff's demeanor should make him unlikely to be scum. I always hate assuming things like that on players who's opinions I tend to listen to and who's views I tend to trust.

As for Ryan and Elmo I have very little to say actually. I would like to hear Ryan's actual thoughts from himself and not from others. Feels like he is fishing around for where the town stands.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:37 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Bookitty wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Bookitty wrote:
Am I?
Criticising her scumhunting ability is only valid if you think she's actually hunting scum, so yes, I think you are. Why are you?
I'm noting that her scumhunting (town or scum, she has still been engaging in scumhunting) has been highly inaccurate this game.* This could mean
two
things:
1) The scum are playing well and avoiding the attention of Ether-town.
2) Ether-scum is just pretending to be scumhunting and (unsurprisingly) has consitently off reads

I'm not sure which at the moment.

* I know this applies to just about everybody in the game as well, but Ether has been the most forceful and confident in her reads.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:48 am

Post by ryan »

Skruffs wrote:Ryan:
Why are you probing around for other people's opinions instead fo offering your own?
Is asking questions a crime?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:50 am

Post by ryan »

As for my thoughts. Erg0 and Elmo are two that I don't have a town read on at the moment. NabNab makes some good points about Ether that I'd like to take a closer look at
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Korlash »

What about me? I woudl like to get a feel where people stand on my predecessor.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Korlash wrote:What about me? I woudl like to get a feel where people stand on my predecessor.
Zindaras seemed pretty pro-town on D1 and semi-led the town. I never really saw much evidence to indicate he was scum. The way he left (and the way his replacement didn't post once) is odd/suspicious, but I'd rather we not go down that route again.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by Elmo »

gorrad i feel for you man

scum are fonz, nabnab, korlash, probably skruffs

merry christmas
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Korlash »

>.> *sniff* that hurts man... You don't even know me... what a big library you must have, all those books you have read simply by... reading... the first... page?

Doesn't it suck when you mess up a joke... :(

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Skruffs »

Re; Zindaras
There was an issue with The Fonz and Bookitty regarding Zindaras/Sarcastro. Sacred (See I did it!) suspected Zindaras, The Fonz said she suspected Sarcastro. Since Fonz is admitted scum, it leads me to think that Zindaras(Now Korlash) has a higher chance of being scum than Sarcastro (now Elmo).

In as much - between the two, I'll vote Korlash over Elmo.

I don't like Ryan's saying "Me and Fonz have been at each other for a while", as if that indicates he is therefore town. Scum can distance from each other.

I am curious about Ether's change of stance today versus yesterday. She's acting like she's all burnt out, or laying low, or something, whereas yesterday she kind of spearheaded the mislynch on Sikario (in my view and opinion). If she's trying to aviod responsibiliyt for that, she should know better than to think not talking will somehow make everyone else forget she's here.

Erg0 is pinging me, too. Erg0 used my math to enforce the idea that Sikario should be lynched over Fonz - however, I remember saying that it's only worth it to lynch someone other than the couples IF we are reasonably sure, or have a really good reason, to lynch them. Sikario basically got lynched because Guardian requested to be replaced (though the self voting WAS a scummy move, that happened at the end of the day, and there wasn't a strong alternative wagon).

Also:
Erg0 wrote: Statistics are good if they're accurate. They obviously shouldn't be used as the sole basis for deciding a course of action, but they are good for giving information on the general state of the game and which strategies definitely
won't
work. Whether these stats are good is another question - assuming randomness is the only practical way to compile these sorts of scenarios so choosing the lynches in the way that Xdaamno seems to have done doesn't give much useful information. This game is way too large and complex for me try and calculate any sort of probabilities, however.
was said much earlier in the game, which is a pretty big turnaround from this at the end of yesterday:
Erg0 wrote:
Skruffs wrote:But simply asking to be replaced doesn't mean anything: guardian asked to be replaced from most of his games at once.
Has anyone looked at manaspryte's track record in mafia games?
This is a weak weak reason to lynch someone over confirmed scum, (fonz).
The reason to lynch someone (anyone) over one of the claimed lovers is basically mathematical - as you said yourself.

This post concerns me greatly.
I'm not liking all of the attention right off the bat on Nabakov today. If he looks like an easy lynch, at lynch or lose, then I'm pretty sure he's NOT the right lynch.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:23 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Skruffs wrote: I am curious about Ether's change of stance today versus yesterday. She's acting like she's all burnt out, or laying low, or something, whereas yesterday she kind of spearheaded the mislynch on Sikario (in my view and opinion). If she's trying to aviod responsibiliyt for that, she should know better than to think not talking will somehow make everyone else forget she's here.
I was mulling over my suspicions of Ether today (not like there's anything better to do, right?) and I noticed something interesting. Even though she spearheaded the mislynch yesterday, she was also the one who suggested we lynch standard instead of lovers. Assuming Ether-scum was fairly confident of her abilities to get the town to lynch Sikario, why wouldn't let the town go to LyLo before doing it?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by Elmo »

i can't remember why but ryan's probably town

this stuff about ether is dumb

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Korlash »

Right... So... you wana clarify "stuff" and "dumb" or do you like being vague and unhelpful?

And do you usually just randomly call people town and admit you have no reason as to why?

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:05 am

Post by Ether »

I should reread the thread at some point. I probably
won't,
knowing myself, but that statement was necessary to maintain good form.
Post 2378, Nabakov wrote:For being so damn confident all the time, Ether, you are a horrible scumhunter. 0/4 indicates that we're not dealing with hands-off scum, that kind of record takes explicit direction.
I know. (Actually, I stopped being so damn confident after Numenorean. My behavior toward Sikario was closer to desperation/disgust with my previous failures. There was some messy psychology at work there, which I would not particularly
enjoy
detailing. Furthermore, it's 0/
, not 0/4. Xdaamno counts.)

It occurs to me that that was an attack. Um. At every point in this game, I have either been confident, or the town has
needed
someone such as myself in the confidence nichê, or both. This is what I do. My accuracy in this game indeed sucks. That's kind of it.
Post 1288, Nabakov wrote:I'll admit to being the one who really lead the SSF bandwagon, and I'm not above scrutiny if anybody wants to scrutinize me, but I think Ether, Erg0, and Sarc should be looked at more carefully. All of them pretty much jumped without any reasoning beyond "let's have a bandwagon/lynch."
To what degree was the Flealynch was my doing?
(Unsure if this is actually a contradiction. I have my own unflattering answer to the specific question, but I'll hold off.)

Post 2394, Skruffs wrote:I am curious about Ether's change of stance today versus yesterday. She's acting like she's all burnt out, or laying low, or something, whereas yesterday she kind of spearheaded the mislynch on Sikario (in my view and opinion). If she's trying to aviod responsibiliyt for that, she should know better than to think not talking will somehow make everyone else forget she's here.
I have not in fact been online today since daybreak, aside from some scattered time on Friday morning.
Post 2394, Skruffs wrote:Sikario basically got lynched because Guardian requested to be replaced (though the self voting WAS a scummy move, that happened at the end of the day, and there wasn't a strong alternative wagon).
No, he
didn't.
I voted Sikario for Guardian's deadline behavior and ManaSpryte's bullshit, and Nabakov's associative tells locked me in. (Also, that messy psychology I don't want to talk about that I was talking about.)
Post 2394, Skruffs wrote:I'm not liking all of the attention right off the bat on Nabakov today. If he looks like an easy lynch, at lynch or lose, then I'm pretty sure he's NOT the right lynch.
Uh. As of your post, Bookitty (confirmed town) and Elmo (in a low-profile post attacking two other people as well) took stances against Nabakov today. What attention?

Between Fonz's thing and the Day 1 deadline, I still don't think Ryan is scum.

I don't really get the Skruffslove; I think both Skruffs and Elmo are probably scum. I've wavered on the third. (By the way, if Zindie, Sarc and Skruffs all got to be scum together without me, I'll be sad.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Elmo »

Skruffs wrote:If he looks like an easy lynch, at lynch or lose, then I'm pretty sure he's NOT the right lynch.
??? reasoning plz

"this stuff about ether" = "ether has been wrong therefore ether is scum", which is dumb
Korlash wrote:And do you usually just randomly call people town and admit you have no reason as to why?
why do you say i have no reason?

ether, why'm i scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”