Former Guests (Large Normal 199 Dead Thread)

Forum for old private topics
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by mozamis »

could someone please explain to me wtf is going on? why no night kill? and why no lynch?
i seem to be getting dumber as i get older :(
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Scum no killed, town no lynched to force a kill.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

If Titus isn't being brought to Lylo, Pine loses.
If Titus is being brought to lylo, I hope she knows why Pine brought her to Lylo.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

or figures it out atleast.
GTKAS
| here.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 376, mhsmith0 wrote:Scum no killed, town no lynched to force a kill.
so pine didnt forget the first nk?
and why dies that force scum to kill? cant they just repeat a nk?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by mozamis »

the first time scum didnt nk, imean. i assumed that was a mistake, but no?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by mozamis »

cant pine just repeat a no kill i meant
doesnt matter see how it plays i guess
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 362, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 360, Tywin Lannister wrote:Different strokes for different folks I guess. Nero was a good call Gerry, and you did have it right most of the game. I was so focused on Pine that I ignored Nero's slot. I just couldn't get anyone to actually look at Pine all game long. Sonia was the only one, but I got fooled into lynching her assuming that Pine was an obvious quicklynch if she flipped town. That's a mistake on my part.
I hope you swallowed your pride when I flipped town btw
Haha, never said I didn't. I was wrong.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 pm

In post 365, Alisae wrote:Hold on, let me go get some Sun Tzu quotes real quickly then.
I LOL'd
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm

In post 377, Alisae wrote:If Titus isn't being brought to Lylo, Pine loses.
If Titus is being brought to lylo, I hope she knows why Pine brought her to Lylo.
She would refuse to recognize the second part, because doing so essentially says 'Scum left me all game because I'm bad for town.' That takes a lot of introspection and ego swallowing, and I don't know if she'll do it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

Well she died so...
Hi Titus!
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:07 pm

In post 381, mozamis wrote:cant pine just repeat a no kill i meant
doesnt matter see how it plays i guess
Technically, yes, but it just means someone has to give in to end the game.

Pine is playing like it's LYLO right now, because a mislynch ends the game regardless of his NK, and there's a higher chance to mislynch with 3 town rather than just 2. I think he'll get away with it. The fact that he hasn't been lynched already pretty much means he will win imo.

I really, really want to know what the hell is going on in Elibrin/AJ/Titus' head about Pine. AJ seems to be getting the basic idea still, but Titus/Elibrin can't seem to figure it out. It was all laid out in front of them the day we lynched Sonia.

I think Pine/Nero deserve to win tbh.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:08 pm

In post 385, Alisae wrote:Well she died so...
Hi Titus!
Oh, nvm just saw that. Was still catching up to it. Speaking of catching up in all my games... lol
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Nero/AJ/Pine had all mafs it was obvious. I thought nero and aj were the team tho
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 pm

In post 388, gerryoat wrote:Nero/AJ/Pine had all mafs it was obvious. I thought nero and aj were the team tho
Yeah, early on I thought AJ was scum, because his reads haven't been consistent or made much sense, but i could never really stick to anyone outside of Pine being scum. His fake claim was pretty good for what it did. It got Sonia lynched and me NK'd, and then there was nobody left that really SR him.

I wonder what Elibrin will do here. He TR Pine from the first first post of the game onward. He only questioned his read when we were lynching Sonia, but he flipped back into "I don't know" mode after that. I swear, he was getting so close.

I do hope Pine wins now though. He deserves it after that fake claim to get Sonia/me killed and remove all opposition. It worked perfectly.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Also got Gerry killed lol. So yeah, all opposition.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I meant Sonia lynched, Gerry NK'd. And then me lynched. Ahhh whatever, you get the point.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:17 pm

After Elibrin's latest post, I think Pine should've left Titus/Elibrin and NK'd AJ. All it would've taken is those two to go at it, and Titus tunneling Elibirn would've made him OMGUS vote her back, and either way, lolhammer from Pine. I think he made a mistake choosing to NK Titus.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Nero/Pine won this game imo, and they deserve it. Calling it now: Pine will sway Elibirn into voting AJ and then quickhammer FTW.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 374, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 373, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, I'm not really sure why the whole "Titus might be a mafia doc" WIFOM never picked up.
For myself (and I would assume most players) if you see a vig/SK in a game then I think its a safe assumption to assume mafia had some sorta of protection (doc, keeper, bp) and I can't really think of a game without scum protection +killing role
. I mean maybe the whole "Nos died so there was no protection" thing killed it and it is a fair point.

But I think Pine should prob go ahead and kill her. I know she's town reading him so he doesn't really want to kill her but I don't think she's ever going to vote unless its a 3p lylo and if he kills AJ he undermines himself and a Titus-El-Pine lylo
might
make Titus reconsider. I think he has a better chance in a AJ-EL-him group.
Scums main counter to a vig is their night kill ability. Arguing scum must have kill stopping power vs a vig is like arguing they must have a godfather to counter a cop. No they don't. They MIGHT have a counter to it based on game balance but they certainly don't NEED to have it. I'm guessing the majority of mini normals with a vig or sk have scum given no direct counter.
I never knew that's what I was saying. Thanks for telling me. It still wasn't a balanced setup so get the fuck over yourself.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 394, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 374, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 373, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, I'm not really sure why the whole "Titus might be a mafia doc" WIFOM never picked up.
For myself (and I would assume most players) if you see a vig/SK in a game then I think its a safe assumption to assume mafia had some sorta of protection (doc, keeper, bp) and I can't really think of a game without scum protection +killing role
. I mean maybe the whole "Nos died so there was no protection" thing killed it and it is a fair point.

But I think Pine should prob go ahead and kill her. I know she's town reading him so he doesn't really want to kill her but I don't think she's ever going to vote unless its a 3p lylo and if he kills AJ he undermines himself and a Titus-El-Pine lylo
might
make Titus reconsider. I think he has a better chance in a AJ-EL-him group.
Scums main counter to a vig is their night kill ability. Arguing scum must have kill stopping power vs a vig is like arguing they must have a godfather to counter a cop. No they don't. They MIGHT have a counter to it based on game balance but they certainly don't NEED to have it. I'm guessing the majority of mini normals with a vig or sk have scum given no direct counter.
I never knew that's what I was saying. Thanks for telling me. It still wasn't a balanced setup so get the fuck over yourself.
Get over yourself Nero. You got caught. The setup was fine.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 387, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 385, Alisae wrote:Well she died so...
Hi Titus!
Oh, nvm just saw that. Was still catching up to it. Speaking of catching up in all my games... lol
I deliberately forced scum to kill and I was around on AJ town.

AJ town should be the conclusion drawn from my death bc I was never lynching AJ.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no, I got OMGUS scum read and veng voted but I'm not saying anything about my belief that the setup was balanced had anything to with why I was lynch or why scum may lose.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like site meta/modding meta shifts all the time but I still think the correlation between killing roles and protective roles it a fairly decent assumption. Yes I think the game was a bit town sided but that has shit all to do with my point. My point was that I would have thouht that more town in this game would have suggested that with a killing role there should have been a protection role. So IDK if MS is just not reading/understanding my point or that I've hurt thier feeling b/c I disagree with them that its ok to stack town b/c they so much help to win.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 394, Nero Cain wrote:so get the fuck over yourself.
this is a little overly hostile and I shouldn't have said it. I'm just in a mood and was mad that MS missed my point.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”