Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Accountant »

Oh I forgot to remove the quote box from where I copypasted it. You know what I mean though.

@Lighthaze1135: Why did you think random lynching D1 was more likely to catch scum than trying to catch scum slips and hunt for scum D1?

You also said that he was claiming Jester to make people avoid lynching him. Why would the knowledge that there is no Jester make someone less inclined to lynch him? In fact, I contend that it is at best null, and at worst makes him easier to lynch, since people know for sure he's lying and being unhelpful.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: TesXX

For the trolling. It's fine to clown around in RVS, but you seem to be actively refusing to engage with an actual point(even a bad one) against you.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 17, Woodboys2339 wrote:Is there any real reason to do it besides for fun @IC/SE's?
It gets the game going, and it forces people to take stances early on, for instance about TesXX's behavior. That's both something that moves the game along and is good to analyze and re-read in D2 or D3.

It's sub-optimal to No Lynch day 1, because the lynch is the method that town uses to acquire information. Without a lynch Day 1, we have the same information as when we started, only we're a townie down after the mafia kill. You should put your vote on someone!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

Loopdan: No comment on the TesXX thing? Or do you think it is NAI?

Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 27, Accountant wrote:
In post 17, Woodboys2339 wrote:Is there any real reason to do it besides for fun @IC/SE's?
It gets the game going, and it forces people to take stances early on, for instance about TesXX's behavior. That's both something that moves the game along and is good to analyze and re-read in D2 or D3.

It's sub-optimal to No Lynch day 1, because the lynch is the method that town uses to acquire information. Without a lynch Day 1, we have the same information as when we started, only we're a townie down after the mafia kill. You should put your vote on someone!

UNVOTE: No Lynch

Not gonna lynch anyone just yet
Falco XV
Falco XV
Goon
Falco XV
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Falco XV »

I don't really see why we should be reading into the Tes thing so much. I mean sure he claimed Jester, but what's the big deal?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 30, Falco XV wrote:I don't really see why we should be reading into the Tes thing so much. I mean sure he claimed Jester, but what's the big deal?
My concern is not with the fact that Tes claimed jester, but rather than Tes seems to be more interested in clowning around than engaging with people or moving the game forward. That's not a town mindset.

Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

starting to agree with the tess lynch. If he is so adamant about just clowning around. He won't be much help for the town. there are 3 possible outcomes of this. He 1) is scum and Yay for the town. 2) he's a VT and although it's bad, we didn't lose much or 3) he's a power role and we're terribly screwed for the rest of the game.

While he is a huge SR. I don't really know if the possibility of the 3rd option should derail us off.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

Uhhhh you should vote Tes because you think there is a decent chance he is scum not because you want to play the odds. Also, barring a derphammer, 3) doesn't happen, because PRs usually claim before they die.

Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

Idk.. still on the fence rn
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 34, Woodboys2339 wrote:Idk.. still on the fence rn
I thought you said you were starting to agree with the Tes lynch, then you wrote down an analysis of why the Tes lynch was good. That doesn't sound on the fency to me.

Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

I'm mainly on the fence because of the chance of a PR. Then again... you did make the point of them claiming. so fine

VOTE: TesXX L-1
AceQueen
AceQueen
Townie
AceQueen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by AceQueen »

Gotta say even though Tes is acting very anti town the whole self voting and generally not taking the game seriously feels like so much of an attention grab it doesn't seem like a wise play for mafia. Wouldn't you want to lay low and not draw scorn? The whole strategy doesn't make sense. But it could be poor playing or some convoluted reverse reverse psychology. My vote's still out right now.

And also hello all! I'm glad the game finally got started
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 37, AceQueen wrote:Gotta say even though Tes is acting very anti town the whole self voting and generally not taking the game seriously feels like so much of an attention grab it doesn't seem like a wise play for mafia. Wouldn't you want to lay low and not draw scorn? The whole strategy doesn't make sense. But it could be poor playing or some convoluted reverse reverse psychology. My vote's still out right now.

And also hello all! I'm glad the game finally got started
Normally in chatroom (though once again I don't know of the major differences) we usually suspect lurking to be scum because they aren't providing anything for town
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 28, Accountant wrote:Loopdan: No comment on the TesXX thing? Or do you think it is NAI?
I marked it down to check his other games, but just checked and realized there aren't any.
NAI unless Tes wants to share another site where he has played.
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 39, Loopdan wrote:
In post 28, Accountant wrote:Loopdan: No comment on the TesXX thing? Or do you think it is NAI?
I marked it down to check his other games, but just checked and realized there aren't any.
NAI unless Tes wants to share another site where he has played.
May i ask what NAI means?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Not Alignment Indicative = The content in question does not reveal the player's alignment (town or scum) either way.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by TesXX »

UNVOTE: I gtg so I will explain my reasoning asap tomorrow
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:08 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 33, Accountant wrote:Uhhhh you should vote Tes because you think there is a decent chance he is scum not because you want to play the odds. Also, barring a derphammer, 3) doesn't happen, because PRs usually claim before they die.
That's a bit soon. I mean, yeah I claimed a non existent role and joked around for a while, but isn't that part of RVS? I think this is a bit early to tell other people who to vote, that's kind of a later-in-the-game thing. I was just joking around for RVS, guys. I think putting me at L1 is a bit far since a scum player could hammer me.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 43, TesXX wrote:
In post 33, Accountant wrote:Uhhhh you should vote Tes because you think there is a decent chance he is scum not because you want to play the odds. Also, barring a derphammer, 3) doesn't happen, because PRs usually claim before they die.
That's a bit soon. I mean, yeah I claimed a non existent role and joked around for a while, but isn't that part of RVS? I think this is a bit early to tell other people who to vote, that's kind of a later-in-the-game thing. I was just joking around for RVS, guys. I think putting me at L1 is a bit far since a scum player could hammer me.
I wasn't telling Woody who to vote - Woody was already voting you. I was, in fact, criticizing the reasoning for their vote.

TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:23 am

Post by TesXX »

Sorry I misread everything
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:23 am

Post by TesXX »

I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Sorry, Accountant.
Lighthaze1135
Lighthaze1135
Goon
Lighthaze1135
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:10 am

Post by Lighthaze1135 »

@bartTheFart what's your opinion, you havent spoken yet, so i want to hear it
Falco XV
Falco XV
Goon
Falco XV
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Falco XV »

In post 44, Accountant wrote:
In post 43, TesXX wrote:
I wasn't telling Woody who to vote - Woody was already voting you. I was, in fact, criticizing the reasoning for their vote.
I mean you said their reasoning was bad, but that voting Tes was still a good idea regardless.

I'd rather hold off on Tes, at worse the Jester claim is NAI for me.
In post 47, Lighthaze1135 wrote:@bartTheFart what's your opinion, you havent spoken yet, so i want to hear it
It's been less than 24 hours, calm down.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh hey ... would you look at that...
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”