Backstabbers Mafia: An Almost Normal Upick (Mini 1876)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 721, Not Chara wrote:what, but it's true. remember Anime Upick? and Auction mafia?

pedit: not a she, please. but other than that, you're correct.
1) I was in a hydra in Auction Mafia. I don't remember you saying I was specifically the scummy part of the hydra.

2) Anime you were in a hydra and I think Almost had the scum read on me, now you are saying you did?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Alisae »

Hydras are cool.
GTKAS
| here.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 725, Firebringer wrote:
In post 721, Not Chara wrote:what, but it's true. remember Anime Upick? and Auction mafia?

1) I was in a hydra in Auction Mafia. I don't remember you saying I was specifically the scummy part of the hydra.

2) Anime you were in a hydra and I think Almost had the scum read on me, now you are saying you did?
1) i didn't like either of you. and i was reading you based on what i knew of you in Auction mafia. i was wrong. but it's been a while. what i specifically remember is reading you, concluding you were scum, and then not being correct.
2) both of us did. when Almost and i make a vote, we do it together.

look, why would i even lie about this? obviously we remember the situations different, but you
know
i'm not in the practice of lying about past games.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:48 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 727, Not Chara wrote:

1) i didn't like either of you. and i was reading you based on what i knew of you in Auction mafia. i was wrong. but it's been a while. what i specifically remember is reading you, concluding you were scum, and then not being correct.
2) both of us did. when Almost and i make a vote, we do it together.

look, why would i even lie about this? obviously we remember the situations different, but you
know
i'm not in the practice of lying about past games.
This exchange is really genuine, not-chara's isnt exactly AI because its just stuff about another game but still
Cloud is such a clown....prob a town clown, but clown none-the-less - IAI
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 727, Not Chara wrote:look, why would i even lie about this? obviously we remember the situations different, but you know i'm not in the practice of lying about past games.
this is what i don't get.

you have seen dozens of my town games, i can see you saying "ohh I don't have a read on fire yet", but to say "Fire is always scummy" doesn't seem like real thing to me. Theres other games where you said i was clear and obv town.

Like shiro would often go as scum and say they "reversed read me" every game. Wasn't a thing they actually did as town.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Not Chara »

are you talking about Evoker? that's the only other game i can think of with you. i did have you as town in that one. but that's it. in Anime, i was scumreading you but concerned about mislynching you a second time. in Evoker you just looked town after some digging.

this game, i haven't gotten there yet. so i said you were probably town since i was scumreading you. that's not the end of my read on you in this game, or anything. but, this whole exchange does make me think you're town.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Not Chara »

and Evoker wasn't you playing as you normally do, so i wouldn't even count it as an example.

do we even have any other completed games together?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:24 am

Post by CloudKicker »

CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am

Post by CloudKicker »

Fire you are annoyingly unable to not nitpick about literraly everything anyone is saying about you but i think youre town
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 733, CloudKicker wrote:Fire you are annoyingly unable to not nitpick about literraly everything anyone is saying about you but i think youre town
your face is a nitpick
Show

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:34 am

Post by gerryoat »

lol he got you
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Alisae »

Fire your nitpick is a face
GTKAS
| here.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 736, Alisae wrote:Fire your nitpick is a face
yes, its called cloud kicker
Show

CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:43 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 737, Firebringer wrote:
In post 736, Alisae wrote:Fire your nitpick is a face
yes, its called cloud kicker
meanie ;~;
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Titus »

Vote Count 1.9Pine (0):Nobody
Not Chara (0): Nobody
Alisae (1): CloudKicker
Human Sequencer (1): 1 shot Vanilla Town
Alz (3): Human Sequencer, Firebringer, Not Chara
boring (0): Nobody
Cloudkicker (1): Lycanfire
Lycanfire (1): Radiant Cowbells
1 Shot Vanilla Town (0): Nobody
randomidget (0): Nobody
gerryoat (2): Not Chara, Alisae
RadiantCowbells (1): randomidget
Firebringer (0): Nobody

Not Voting: Pine,boring, Alz, gerryoat

InformationThe D1 deadline is at 3:30 PM, Monday Feburary 13, 2017, Pacific Standard Time. That is in (expired on 2017-02-13 15:20:00).
Scum have daychat until Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 1:49 PM. That is in (expired on 2017-01-31 13:49:00).

May your words come out exactly how you mean them, but if not may they come out how you need. A poorly aimed dagger can morph into a rope.
Last edited by Titus on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Alz »

In post 591, Alisae wrote:Alz it really just came off to me as "I'm trying to get you to jump on this."
Hmm, okay. After those interactions with boring and him explaining what's your current read on him.
In post 609, CloudKicker wrote:Fire is just under alisae and looks like obvious town to me, after its 1svt -> boring ->.. .-> human
Why does Human seem town?
In post 632, Firebringer wrote:so guys, what do i need to do.

for you to join the alz wagon of destiny?
In post 635, Firebringer wrote: i have already explained this before.

I think alz attempts to engage me with questions were kind of pointless and aimless. his attempts to engage other players feel similar tbh. Then when it concerns opinions it seems he just repeats other sentiments others had.

he is scum pretending to be part of conversation without actually being in it.
Okay dude, I've said it before that those questions were important and not pointless. The fact is that you're continuously just dismissing them like fluff is fuck annoying because they would have honestly helped me get a better read on you. I haven't played with you before, so I have no clue how to read you. Most of the reads I see from others is what I would consider meta or gut reads based on past games, so I can't consider that. Imo, that interaction with RC at the beginning gave a scummy feeling. Your subsequent interactions with me and others have given me that stubborn/scummy vibe. So I dunno, but overall it seems scummy or just being weirdly stubborn.

Where did my attempts to engage other players seem similar?

@Fire
What's your take on the game so far? What are your reads on everyone and why?
In post 645, 1 Shot Vanilla Town wrote: Lets put it this way, I don't want to lynch Cloud. I'm thinking more town than not though (Lean town).

I fully agree with the Meta view, and this is the reason I'm trying to not make my judge on him over it. I do think that it has to be considered overall though.

With Human, the RC voting can be a joke, but if it is then Human just appears to be doing nothing in the game during these stages. How about the rest I said about Human? I do notice that you have Human as scum in (Or at least Scum lean).
Human hasn't done anything since my post, although I'm not saying "respond quickly or scum" it does suggest that Human is dodging for the wrong reasons imo.
I do think that your content has greatly increase, and I'm feeling better over this spot.

VOTE: Human

@Lycan - Human is asking for unwanted reads and showing no intention on acting or following up on either questions or reads. Making no effort into solving the game. Vote with me.

Back to Alz - Concerning Fire, I'm not too sure what else to state on this. I've already said I can't read Fire in general, but I'm not getting a scummy opinion.

I strongly agree with.
Both RC and Alisae bypassed my posts / and RC just changes vote in from what looks like avoiding pressure from the Boring vote / read. Alisae is still saying that Boring is (was?) trying to apply pressure onto me, but imo it's the nothing like that. It looks like Alisae just has nothing else to comment on so grasping on this topic.

@Random - You're going to give me more concerning Human here. What is it exactly that Human knows is going on? Also give me an explanation on a post from Human where they mean what they are posting.

If you're actually wondering why anyone would vote you, it's because you are giving lazy posts like this.

@Cloud - That was a big leap.
putting it all down 1 line with saying that scum can't post a comment like that is bad. However, in you say "It doesn't look scum motivated" which is a big difference to being town 100%.

why would post that Lycan was softing? Since you already spoke about motives, what are your town motives on this?

You've just done a 180 in my opinion. I'm going to scratch off the town lean now.
I agree with the first read on Cloud. But the 180 part is weird-I don't understand. What about that sentence saying that scum won't usually post a comment like that is a 180?

Regarding Human- The rest of it excluding RC part is his and gerry's interactions at the beginning which I think is non-indicative, him asking gerry for a read on Cloud and the part about him ignoring my read on Cloud after he had asked me twice for it. The later being one of the reason I have him as scummy and that vote on you and mainly something seeming off. I'll do a proper read when I get time.

What's your read on Alisae now based on his reads, the subsequent interaction with boring and the content he's now producing.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

Alz define him.
GTKAS
| here.
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Alz »

In post 649, Not Chara wrote:
In post 639, gerryoat wrote:Not Chara is the only person really questionable so far
VOTE: gerry

to put it very plainly, i don't understand why gerry has any townreads at all. first of all, the original reason for voting him... Alisae, what exactly did you have a problem with?

exaggerated scumslip jokes are technically NAI, sure. but early-game, they're good to press. in DN mafia, Harkonnen (our scumbuddy) made a few, and i'm of the opinion scum are more likely to
think
of doing such a thing.

it also makes no sense that i'm the only one gerry can muster a scumread on. i have 8 posts, and the game is progressing while i'm inactive. really? there's no one else?

i'm the only scumread, but gerry doesn't vote me, or anyone. not even an idle vote, it isn't as though i'm close to lynch or gerry has any interest in pushing me to participate. just calls my vote OMGUS and leaves it at that. it just makes me think gerry doesn't want to be called for the same thing.
The fact that he has town reads is a reason for voting him? I don't think so about the part about scumslip jokes. Wouldn't scum be cautious rather than overconfident and make scumslip jokes?
In post 650, Not Chara wrote:i dislike random as well.
In post 653, Not Chara wrote: these two posts from random. the first, a townread on gerry for genuinely trying to sort people. when by gerry's play and his own admission, he isn't really trying this day. it's also a vague read. what posts did you find 'genuine', random?

the second: if it's for pressure, you don't say it's for pressure unless you're feeling compelled to over-explain your reasoning. the 'early PoE' is also how scum thinks. need balanced readlists with scum and town or it looks like you're not playing properly.

sorry if this has already pointed out, i need to read up on what i've missed since last time.
I agree with the second but not the first. Even if gerry says he isn't trying, he did say something and random had read based on that. How does that scummy to you?
In post 678, gerryoat wrote:Not Chara is the only one I have a read on
What about rest of the entire game? What other reads?
In post 663, Not Chara wrote:ok. i'm caught up for the most part now. Alz is a townlean. Fire looks scummy, so i have to townread him. usually i acumread town Fire, and i'd like to stop doing that.
So fire read is meta? What reads about everyone else?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 740, Alz wrote:Okay dude, I've said it before that those questions were important and not pointless. The fact is that you're continuously just dismissing them like fluff is fuck annoying because they would have honestly helped me get a better read on you. I haven't played with you before, so I have no clue how to read you. Most of the reads I see from others is what I would consider meta or gut reads based on past games, so I can't consider that. Imo, that interaction with RC at the beginning gave a scummy feeling. Your subsequent interactions with me and others have given me that stubborn/scummy vibe. So I dunno, but overall it seems scummy or just being weirdly stubborn.

Where did my attempts to engage other players seem similar?

@Fire What's your take on the game so far? What are your reads on everyone and why?
Okay, and I was asking you "why do you care what my reads on those players were?" you didn't sufficiently answer that question.
Because the players you were asking about had posted much and didn't seem to concern you in general, so when I say "seems like a fluff question" its because it really doesn't seem like you cared about those slots.

So you consider my stubborn behavior scummy? Do you generally think a person being stubborn is scum or just in this instance?

ill answer you about my reads later, right now I have a general feel nobody cares about this game and apathy in a mafia is horrible for reading players.

I can say right now.
I don't like you, I don't like RC town read of me.
I don't like Alisae isn't trying.

Not Chara i am iffy on but lean town.
Show

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Fire trying too hard. Prob maf
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 744, gerryoat wrote:Fire trying too hard. Prob maf
confirmed
Show

CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

;~; can mefia give me a hint or something ;~;
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:31 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 671, Alisae wrote:Random what's the purpose of the first quote?
i forgot to answer the question.
@gerry It is a character called Annie from League of Legends
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:37 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 687, Not Chara wrote:
In post 670, Randomnamechange wrote:you've played with me before, you should know this is how I work..
i play with a lot of people. it follows you've played with me too, have you drawn any meaningful conclusions from that information?
your slightly awkward early interactions aren't scummy.
In post 701, Not Chara wrote:
In post 670, Randomnamechange wrote:in a shocking turn of events, Chara's second scumread is also someone scumreading them. up for a wagon here.
In post 678, gerryoat wrote:Not Chara is the only one I have a read on
In post 694, gerryoat wrote:Ur maf l0l
so, random. up for joining the gerry wagon yet? ;>

pedit: Cloud, no, i was starting to like you.
im scumreading you and townreading gerry -_-
In post 704, gerryoat wrote:Random is my maf partner, I'm safe from him voting me
yeah mate i got you if we bus anyone it's gonna be Alisae
In post 718, Alisae wrote:I wish I had a gf
aren't
don't we all
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor