Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:09 am

Post by nydushermain »

ALSo, I read a lot on my phone, please refrain from walls of meaningless text so I can actually read things without being at risk of carpal tunnel
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:32 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 3.02Image

-Grey- (2)
TierShift (3)

Not Voting (1)

Day three deadline is Wednesday February 15th, 5 PM PST. (expired on 2017-02-15 18:00:00).

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Good luck everyone!
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Fykus »

In post 1425, nydushermain wrote:ALSo, I read a lot on my phone, please refrain from walls of meaningless text so I can actually read things without being at risk of carpal tunnel
Pretty sure we've come to the conclusion that ville was coached.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Former I need you :(
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1424, nydushermain wrote:Sorry wait. How do we know scum wasn't coached?
He
was
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I'm not sure where to go from here. Grey is making sense, which I hate. Kinda like I hate that I am not hard scum reading you like I feel I should be. You are making sense, to a point. So is grey. I think we have one chance to make a wrong choice here. If tier goes on he'll be lynch bait the rest of the game.

I feel like we can flesh out the final scum over the course of the rest of this game.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1430, Formerfish wrote:I'm not sure where to go from here. Grey is making sense,
which I hate
Sorry. :?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:09 pm

It's not hard for scum to make sense. Grey is deliberately writing people out of the lynch pool, using his own knowledge that they are town to create townreads effectively, to increase his odds of inning the battles that actually matter.
I actually make more sense as scum because I don't need to worry about what someone actually is I can just push narratives. Grey is pushing narratives.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

The problem with your theory is that all of these guys have every reason to doubt whatever I say, yet they can STILL see my point.

Break out of your fucking tunnel already.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Oh Annie who art in Runeterra, hallowed be thy name.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Fykus, I know you dislike me... but don't let that dislike of my personality stop you from voting scum.

Just look at what you're sheeping. LOOK AT IT!
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:03 pm

It's an adorable Annie. Don't you go macking on my Annie. I have been going easy on pushing you. You offend Annie and I will guarantee that you will be dead within 24H.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by -Grey- »

You're making my point, RC.

You aren't after me because you think I'm sum. You want me dead because you don't like how I'm playing.

Drop the fucking grudge already and vote this sum so you can bitch at me all you want in post-game.

You're just mad that I found the last scum before you, and your ego is bruised. Get over it. Even a broken clock gets to be right twice a day.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Nope. And don't think that I'm an idiot who doesn't know how much of a scumtell accusing someone's push on you of being playstyle indicative is.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Lol.

If I said your push on me was alignment indicative, you'd scumread me for that too.

You're the epitome of confbias.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:11 pm

You keep provoking me I'll actually make that case. Do you know how long you live after I make a case on you?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by -Grey- »

I'm not playing for pride here, RC.

I found my reads and I'm sticking with them. What others do is up to them.

If you want to blow this game because I hurt your wittle feewings, that's all you.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:14 pm

My wittle feewings are hurt. Alright no one hammer shit. I will explain to you guys exactly why I am so certain this guy is scum within the next 3 hours. Get ready for it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:14 pm

1) Grey's read on RadiantCowbells makes no sense.

Grey entered this game with a hard townread on my slot from my predecessor's play. That is perfectly fine. He continued to townread my slot and attack my accusers throughout the day phase. That is also fine. Where it becomes very not fine is when he says that my disruption of the JackChaos wagon makes me scum if JackChaos is scum. First of all, there was absolutely no way for me to anticipate that my lolhammer would derail the wagon. Second, he was uber hard townreading me, and not townreading me; I'm a cunning manipulator and all that. No, he was townreading my PREDECESSOR who is not the level of actor that I am and so discarding that townread makes very little sense and feels to me as if he felt like he could get away with it since he knew that the slot was going to flip town and he wouldn't have to actually change his reads. Then, we go into yesterday where I called his interactions with the flipped scum scum and he went wild with accusations that I will follow in my next category. Then

Oh, and I just want to point out with regards to the bussing shenanigans: you have someone in this game who is a top tier scumhunter and uses meta frequently and you're not going to shake up your meta in a situation where your scum partner is basically dead in the water? Come on.

2) Grey's actions during the end of day make no sense.

Grey is not a newb player. Grey understands simple mechanics like how newbie game role interactions worth. At the end of the day he did two things that stand out incredibly to me. First off, he suggested that I
knew that there was going to be a goon flip
. There was a goon flip. Go back and read the end of the day and tell me that I said ANYTHING that suggested that I knew that there was going to be a goon flip. It felt and still feels like scum setting up reasons to push me the next day. Second off, he KEPT INSISTING THAT THE JAILKEEPER TARGET HIM SO THAT HE WOULD BE CONFIRMED TOWN on a goon flip. NEWS FLASH: THAT DOESNT CONFIRM SHIT. GREY WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT DOESNT CONFIRM SHIT. SCUM IS EITHER FORMERFISH OR HAS A ROLEBLOCKER. WHY IS GREY ATTEMPTING TO LIE ABOUT MECHANICS TO GET HIMSELF FALSELY CONFIRMED AND AT THE SAME TIME TAKING AWAY OUR CLEAR ON FORMERFISH?

3) Weirdness around the Pepcho slot on Day 2

This is the smoking gun to me. Pepcho WAS in fact an empty slot but a bunch of us were pushing on it because of how scummy it had been day 1. While Pepcho was an empty slot (and therefore couldn't fish a PR claim) Grey defended Pepcho and actually tried to negotiate votes on other wagons with me; onto people he claimed not to scumread. The moment Ville replaced in and therefore would be able to fish a PR claim Grey goes SUPER INSANELY HAM on a slot he had never had a super strong scumread on, that slot immediately scumreads him back ??? which is common in scum interactions whereas I would assume if he was town the reaction would be more confusion, that slot claims tracker and we lynch it and the jailkeeper is dead. Like add up all those massive inconsistencies AND THROW IN THE FACT THAT HE HINTS THAT HE NEEDS TO READ THE 'THREAD' AND THE GUY
IMMEDIATELY
claims tracker. Such a fucking obvious hint to go read the scum thread.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:15 pm

1) Grey's read on RadiantCowbells makes no sense.

Grey entered this game with a hard townread on my slot from my predecessor's play. That is perfectly fine. He continued to townread my slot and attack my accusers throughout the day phase. That is also fine. Where it becomes very not fine is when he says that my disruption of the JackChaos wagon makes me scum if JackChaos is scum. First of all, there was absolutely no way for me to anticipate that my lolhammer would derail the wagon. Second, he was uber hard townreading me, and not townreading me; I'm a cunning manipulator and all that. No, he was townreading my PREDECESSOR who is not the level of actor that I am and so discarding that townread makes very little sense and feels to me as if he felt like he could get away with it since he knew that the slot was going to flip town and he wouldn't have to actually change his reads. Then, we go into yesterday where I called his interactions with the flipped scum scum and he went wild with accusations that I will follow in my next category. Then

Oh, and I just want to point out with regards to the bussing shenanigans: you have someone in this game who is a top tier scumhunter and uses meta frequently and you're not going to shake up your meta in a situation where your scum partner is basically dead in the water? Come on.

2) Grey's actions during the end of day make no sense.

Grey is not a newb player. Grey understands simple mechanics like how newbie game role interactions worth. At the end of the day he did two things that stand out incredibly to me. First off, he suggested that I
knew that there was going to be a goon flip
. There was a goon flip. Go back and read the end of the day and tell me that I said ANYTHING that suggested that I knew that there was going to be a goon flip. It felt and still feels like scum setting up reasons to push me the next day. Second off, he KEPT INSISTING THAT THE JAILKEEPER TARGET HIM SO THAT HE WOULD BE CONFIRMED TOWN on a goon flip. NEWS FLASH: THAT DOESNT CONFIRM SHIT. GREY WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT DOESNT CONFIRM SHIT. SCUM IS EITHER FORMERFISH OR HAS A ROLEBLOCKER. WHY IS GREY ATTEMPTING TO LIE ABOUT MECHANICS TO GET HIMSELF FALSELY CONFIRMED AND AT THE SAME TIME TAKING AWAY OUR CLEAR ON FORMERFISH?

3) Weirdness around the Pepcho slot on Day 2

This is the smoking gun to me. Pepcho WAS in fact an empty slot but a bunch of us were pushing on it because of how scummy it had been day 1. While Pepcho was an empty slot (and therefore couldn't fish a PR claim) Grey defended Pepcho and actually tried to negotiate votes on other wagons with me; onto people he claimed not to scumread. The moment Ville replaced in and therefore would be able to fish a PR claim Grey goes SUPER INSANELY HAM on a slot he had never had a super strong scumread on, that slot immediately scumreads him back ??? which is common in scum interactions whereas I would assume if he was town the reaction would be more confusion, that slot claims tracker and we lynch it and the jailkeeper is dead. Like add up all those massive inconsistencies AND THROW IN THE FACT THAT HE HINTS THAT HE NEEDS TO READ THE 'THREAD' AND THE GUY
IMMEDIATELY
claims tracker. Such a fucking obvious hint to go read the scum thread.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:16 pm

And just fuck. The posturing all over the place is unreal. I can make part 2 and explain why he's obviously coming from an informed PoV and talk about why his posturing is scummy but I'd rather he just get lynched naow. Oh, and if he's not a PR then saying he's going to CC any pr claims is so fucking antitown as to be beyond belief.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Part 1 missing: Then I suddenly became hard town today when I vote hopped over to Fykus, and now I'm still hard town even when I'm deathtunneling him and he's been vote hopping all over the place but we're suddenly town?

AND I WANT TO POINT OUT THAT GREY HASN'T SAID
SHIT
ABOUT WHY TIER IS MORE LIKELY TO BE SCUM THAN NYDUS MIND YOU BESIDES THAT HE'S 'BLASE' BUT THE GAME HE COMPARED IT TO TIERSHIFT WAS ROYALLY FUCKING DIFFERENT THAN THIS GAME ON TOP OF BEING 2 YEARS AGO. LIKE DONT JUST TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT READ THE GAME: THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Oh and the wagon argument but everyone in this game besides the newbies should know that's fucking dumb. There's no reason that wagon couldn't all town; of course it wasn't because Grey's a scumfuck but.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:29 pm

I didn't even mention him misrepping as him saying that I thought he had a result on day 1 but that's a disgustingly weak discredit.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by -Grey- »

I stayed awake for that?

Going to bed now.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”