Mini 1880: Witch Trials Mafia - Game over!

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by -Grey- »

I mean come on, here I am with this big, shiny Masonry just waiting for me d2, right?

Then town gets a wild hair up their ass to wagon me for no fucking reason

Yeah. It pissed me off.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Shaziro »

So you're now ignoring the idea of votes for pressure, rather than scumreads. Even more interesting.

In case you aren't aware for some strange reason, I'll fill ya in. A Town-Vecna could've voted you, claiming some nebulous reason, to see the following:
Who would join in without any other reason than his obviously nebulous one in a scummy, opportunistic way
Who would join in without any other reason than his obviously nebulous one in a towny, "I'm down to put some pressure here and see how he reacts" way
How you react to the pressure of votes on you

Your reaction to that wagon, as well as the reactions of others involved with the situation, give us information. This gets the game kicked up a gear, it gets the scumbleeding and townbleeding going. It gets people out of their shells. Hell, it caused me to hit my stride this game and get some thoughts brewing.

P-Edit: Oh, as for the whole "Masons aren't confirmed" bit. There are a lot of reasons they aren't confirmed. Bastard games, for instance, can have Scum Masons. You could be a scum who is just gonna pretend to be a mason and "masonize" your scumbuddy. That's a really risky play, but it's not unprecedented. Therefore, until you flip or the person you masonized flips, you aren't confirmed, even if you really think you ought to be. That's what Dreal was trying to say. His mounting frustration at the misunderstanding, however, has put him more towards town in my eyes, so thanks for that even if you are scum!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

Iso, what makes #51 me
that town
for you?
In post 54, Vecna wrote:Oh also, im just going to hardclaim straight from the get-go and claim town leadership.

I am the town CARPENTER. Yes my new followers, ill be providing us with fresh STAKES and gallows and other cool machinery to kill witches. Whoever impresses me the most with their scum hunting will receive some cool ass weaponry tonight.
There's no reason to start a dick-waving contest over who gets to lead the town.
We're a PARTY of VILLAGERS out to BURN THE WITCHES.
We already HUNTED ALL THE VAMPIRES and now we're BURNING WITCHES.
In post 60, -Grey- wrote:
In post 58, Vecna wrote:^ This smells forced and like weird reasoning for a vote
The game is slow as fuck. I'm trying to spur discussion, so yeah perhaps it was.
Game just started.
Chill out.
I don't want or need another 100+ page game in my life so I'm ok taking this slow(er).
Also think this is scummy.
In post 80, Persivul wrote:
In post 42, Andrius wrote:
In post 19, Pine wrote:Holding back my real vote for now. The paranoia mechanic kind of complicates RVS.

RVS not-a-real-vote for Persivul

This guy was scumTown all through Strahd, so fuck 'im.
Vote: -Grey-

Voted a Strahdian. Obviously a WITCH trying to stop TEAM VAMPIRE HUNTER from killing them.
Why did you quote a Pine post, which makes no mention of Grey, then vote Grey?
I had thought that maybe we should use HURT: Playername tags until we're ready to vote and try to avoid voting-related madness but that's no fun.
Or we could just play the way mod intended. Plus, it could be informative. Would scum be less willing to give up their vote than town?
Uh, I must have screwed up with the Quote+ button somewhere. My b. Meant to quote the Grey on Pine. Glad you can see through to the meat of the situation.

And, right, my first instinct was to dive into how to work around it but yeah, game's meant to be played with the mechanic let's SPYREX this and learn to love.
In post 83, -Grey- wrote:I'm a PR retards.

Fuck off.

Now I'm NK bait.

Good job. Congratulations, you're all fucking rocket surgeons.
We are all likely PRs, just like last time.
Super aggressive tone is noted.
You haven't tipped the scales in your favor at all.
In post 84, Persivul wrote:Based on Curse of Strahd, the claims so far, and my own role PM, I'm pretty sure this is role madness, so chill out.

Speaking of claims, we don't need them at this point. It's just helping scum.
Agree with everything here.
In post 91, -Grey- wrote:I'm a Masonizer.

Hammer away.
Dude, you've been playing the last three pages like you live in the kitchen, then you get to L-2 and suddenly can't handle the heat? What?
I don't follow you at all here.
Game is slow, I'm trying to push this along.
Gets all mad at people voting him.
Softclaims.
Two people vote him.
Hardclaims.
Abrasiveness.
Ok then.
Unvote

Masonizer gives me pause.
In post 94, -Grey- wrote:Well it's stupid to lynch a claim that is confirmable d2, bit hey you lot are determined to trash this game so idc.
Your attitude is already old on Page FOUR.
In post 102, Isomorphic wrote:Alright I believe you.
Personally I think if you were scum you would have cut the convo off by now, cuz I think you believed up to this point I am perfectly okay with hammering you.
Also your frustration I can relate to and reads as genuine.
VOTE: All Alone
Their vote is extremely sus on you.

pedit: Grey is not worthless town lmao.
I don't like this vote.
He's not handling the pressure well, you're all over him for not playing like normal, and you leave? What?
In post 156, -Grey- wrote:Scum isn't going to claim Masonizer because doing so implicates TWO scum.
I've seen scum fakeclaim masons before.
They won the game.

xjordanx could be scum here.
Dreal vote was blah.
IM A WITCH is terrible.

Shaziro's posting quality is improving.
Read pending what happens next.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 226, Shaziro wrote:That's a really risky play, but it's not unprecedented.
In late game when there was little risk for fallout, perhaps, but on d1?

I think not.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Also, are we going to ignore that xjordanx tried to subtly put his paranoia vote on himself by framing it as a joke?

p-edit: No, it is a risky play to do it early, and not unprecedented to do it early.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

as far as how it's not unprecedented and with a signature like ""-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour", I absolutely believe it is a scum-move you'd make

grey, again, that is how it goes sometimes, you do the tiniest thing and you get scumpings and a wagon - and it's like you've not experienced that on a D1 before or something which I find hard to believe (or even witnessed to be aware of), and so your whole thing kind of seems like an act, and you know full well that by D2 five dozen other things will have come up that kep you and your claim out of focus - it absolutely is the sort of claim scum can use to buy time, and you know what is even more likely to happen, IF scum fakeclaims masonizer?

they wait for a towny to die and then say "oh that is who I masonized!" - it's a fine fakeclaim and him claiming and arguing that it is not (not much of an argument either), is notable at LEAST
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

HE is the one that claimed, and then he quickly wanted it brushed under the rug and not scrutinized, but, that is exactly what you do when someone claims, scrutinize it

he was hoping for a free pass on the scrutiny
balance among all things
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Dreal, what is your explanation for your relative relaxed take towards Pine's early claim/softclaim in Curse of Strahd, versus your more agressive take towards such things here?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 230, drealmerz7 wrote:as far as how it's not unprecedented and with a signature like ""-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour", I absolutely believe it is a scum-move you'd make
Guess I walked right into that one! :lol:
---
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 229, Shaziro wrote:Also, are we going to ignore that xjordanx tried to subtly put his paranoia vote on himself by framing it as a joke?

p-edit: No, it is a risky play to do it early, and not unprecedented to do it early.
Vote: xjordanx

Join me on this quest, Shaziro.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Gladly!

VOTE: xjordanx

You did remember to bring a lantern this time, didn't you?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Desperado »

i can't ride with you guys on this one but i did happen to have this lantern laying around

be safe!
;)
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Can't ride with us, hrm? Don't have a questing spirit at all?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 232, Shaziro wrote:Dreal, what is your explanation for your relative relaxed take towards Pine's early claim/softclaim in Curse of Strahd, versus your more agressive take towards such things here?
well if I recall there was a lot more going on at the time of pine's claim than there is even now here, plus I do think I voted him and was on him quite a bit and we were CWs for a while on D1? pretty kind of similar to here actually but pine and my personalities mesh better than grey's and my
balance among all things
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Desperado »

@ shaziro the pine wagon is already pretty righteous, i don't think voting himself for the paranoia vote is scummy, and his dreal vote is wrong but it's not that wrong
;)
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

pine was super calm and explained why he did what he did and there was no rub about it (I probably did say somethingl ike "wtf are you doing claiming?" ...I wonder...)

grey was like 'omg a wagon blahhh fuck you all pppppppppp'

the interactions are bound to be different
balance among all things
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 239, Desperado wrote:shaziro the pine wagon is already pretty righteous
Why do you say that?
---
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Ah, I didn't realize you were on Pine. Personally, I think Pine is a good guy, but I won't begrudge you your vote because I'm by no means sure.

I think I'm the one who brought up selfvoting to bypass paranoia voting. I just think it's scummy of him to try and slip it past as a "joke" and hope it got ignored.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 240, drealmerz7 wrote:pine was super calm and explained why he did what he did and there was no rub about it (I probably did say somethingl ike "wtf are you doing claiming?" ...I wonder...)

grey was like 'omg a wagon blahhh fuck you all pppppppppp'

the interactions are bound to be different
But you acted like my behavior was unusual, when you in fact know that not to be the case.
---
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

not unusual

scummy, regardless of you being IDGAF in PYPDD
balance among all things
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 244, drealmerz7 wrote:not unusual

scummy, regardless of you being IDGAF in PYPDD
Right, because you're the only person on this site to be a raging psychopath and still retain your green role pm.

Makes perfect sense.
---
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Shaziro »

A: Dreal isn't being a raging psychopath by any measure
B: do you feel your reactions to the votes were raging psychopathy?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

no not at all

it's just my read here on you, especially with the "timing of the claim" as you prefer it phrased

yeah he was talking about himself being the rager here
balance among all things
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 246, Shaziro wrote:A: Dreal isn't being a raging psychopath by any measure
B: do you feel your reactions to the votes were raging psychopathy?
I didn't say he was.

He knows very well what I'm saying.
---
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

he should really read strahd if he wants to read raging psychopath to be able to pull off a better performance next time though :þ
balance among all things

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”