Micro 677: Double Day Unlimited in Wifom City - Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Hiraki »

Unvote: Not_Mafia
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 am

Post by nydushermain »

GuiltyLion wrote:the point is that if you truly believed that he is "most likely scum", then your default assumption would not be that he is "voting people for the hell of it".

@Titus
gimme a VC
Uhh no. Look at his previous posts.
In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Hiraki
VOTE: Towns Last Hope
VOTE: Lycanfire
VOTE: GuiltyLion
VOTE: TierShift
VOTE: Alisae
VOTE: Not_Mafia
VOTE: Martha Zolanski
VOTE: Pepchoninga nydushermain
In post 168, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Lycan
VOTE: Martha
VOTE: GL
Regardless of his alignment, he's voting for the hell of it. Literally. The only vote he probably made with some sort of intent was the OMGUS vote on me which if he's town, he doesn't even believe given
In post 330, Not_Mafia wrote:I'll unvote you if you unvote me
that quote.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

1) You're assuming the votes in have no reason whatsoever

2) I don't think scum
can
just "vote for the hell of it". They already know who is scum and who is not. Their wincon is to stay alive and lynch enough people outside of their faction to achieve majority. Therefore, if you believe that someone is scum, that belief should be accompanied by another logically-consequent belief that they want to steer lynches towards people who are not on their team. But you implicitly assumed that N_M legitimately had no reason to vote the way he did at all, which reads to me like you might already know that he is uninformed about people's alignments.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:33 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 352, GuiltyLion wrote:1) You're assuming the votes in have no reason whatsoever

2) I don't think scum
can
just "vote for the hell of it". They already know who is scum and who is not. Their wincon is to stay alive and lynch enough people outside of their faction to achieve majority. Therefore, if you believe that someone is scum, that belief should be accompanied by another logically-consequent belief that they want to steer lynches towards people who are not on their team. But you implicitly assumed that N_M legitimately had no reason to vote the way he did at all, which reads to me like you might already know that he is uninformed about people's alignments.
Perhaps that's true and he did have an ulterior motive in all of his votes. You're trying to push your belief that "I don't think scum can just vote for the hell of it" applies to me believing the same thing. I've seen chaotic scum who have voted on whoever based on RNG, who have voted everyone who was under suspicion (including partners), etc. Maybe your game experiences have had mafia with a purpose but look at how NM is playing. If he's town, he's doing nothing helpful. If he's scum, he's playing chaotic mafia.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

People question their scumreads as if they're town all the time
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

N_M but not as a matter of instinct in the way that I'm talking about though!

My point is that nydush's instinct was to imply that N_M had no reason for his votes. My argument is that a natural town thought process would look like this:

axiom: "If someone is scum, then they are voting from a place of knowledge" (A->B)
belief: "X is scum" (A)
Therefore,
conclusion: "Therefore X must be voting from a place of knowledge" (B)

and I don't see that thought process in his post. Townies don't have to actively work through the logic or be convinced to get to B, they just land there naturally because that's how a rational brain works. But nydush is completely missing B when he questions "are you voting for the hell of it?". Either he was downplaying how much he actually thinks N_M is scum, or nydush never believed N_M was scum to begin with.

if that axiom is not like universally shared among all players then we can debate that, but to me this makes sense.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 355, GuiltyLion wrote:N_M but not as a matter of instinct in the way that I'm talking about though!

My point is that nydush's instinct was to imply that N_M had no reason for his votes. My argument is that a natural town thought process would look like this:

axiom: "If someone is scum, then they are voting from a place of knowledge" (A->B)
Therefore,

and I don't see that thought process in his post. Townies don't have to actively work through the logic or be convinced to get to B, they just land there naturally because that's how a rational brain works. But nydush is completely missing B when he questions "are you voting for the hell of it?". Either he was downplaying how much he actually thinks N_M is scum, or nydush never believed N_M was scum to begin with.

if that axiom is not like universally shared among all players then we can debate that, but to me this makes sense.
I can see where you're going with this but trust me when I tell you, I'm town and whatever you're reading into is wrong.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:45 am

Post by nydushermain »

If it'll ease your mind, just vote me but drop the topic of whatever slip you think I've made afterwards because all it's going to do is push town in the wrong direction.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:46 am

Post by nydushermain »

@mod: since the VC is so confusing, can whoever gets lynched have a twilight post as well?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 351, nydushermain wrote:
GuiltyLion wrote:the point is that if you truly believed that he is "most likely scum", then your default assumption would not be that he is "voting people for the hell of it".

@Titus
gimme a VC
Uhh no. Look at his previous posts.
In post 62, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Hiraki
VOTE: Towns Last Hope
VOTE: Lycanfire
VOTE: TierShift
VOTE: Alisae
VOTE: Not_Mafia
VOTE: Martha Zolanski
VOTE: Pepchoninga nydushermain
In post 168, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Lycan
VOTE: Martha
VOTE: GL
Regardless of his alignment, he's voting for the hell of it. Literally. The only vote he probably made with some sort of intent was the OMGUS vote on me which if he's town, he doesn't even believe given
In post 330, Not_Mafia wrote:I'll unvote you if you unvote me
that quote.
:igmeou:
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 am

Post by nydushermain »

Did I miss someone in my reads?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 358, nydushermain wrote:
@mod: since the VC is so confusing, can whoever gets lynched have a twilight post as well?
What a strange request
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 309, nydushermain wrote:Also, you remember the game where I was actually scum TS? I went hard on the active players and ignored the inactive ones... one of the being you, and the other being RC on d1. I ignored the fuck out of jack, fykus, etc. Maybe meta reads are bad but you not having any memory of my actual scum play when we literally just finished a game together when I was scum is baffling.
Using meta based off 1 game is the number 1 worst thing I see decent players using
In post 314, nydushermain wrote: I'm caught up and I still think that TS is scummy. I think that what he is pushing NM on is NAI and calling him a backup lynch after saying
In post 141, TierShift wrote:
In post 139, Towns Last Hope wrote:VOTE: Martha Zolanski

Don't at all like the shade throwing/"analysis" at the end there. And the defensive "my vote was rvs" when nobody asked about it
agreed though but you don't think nm is a scummy scumfuck?
is shady as fuck. He should also know how I play scum since we both lived until the end in the game where I actually was scum. This is like a total 180 (I think).
You realise I have not put effort in until now?
Why do you feel that I should be able to read you perfectly after one scumgame?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 am

Post by TierShift »

Like really I don't understand the attitude towards me
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 362, TierShift wrote:
In post 309, nydushermain wrote:Also, you remember the game where I was actually scum TS? I went hard on the active players and ignored the inactive ones... one of the being you, and the other being RC on d1. I ignored the fuck out of jack, fykus, etc. Maybe meta reads are bad but you not having any memory of my actual scum play when we literally just finished a game together when I was scum is baffling.
Using meta based off 1 game is the number 1 worst thing I see decent players using
In post 314, nydushermain wrote: I'm caught up and I still think that TS is scummy. I think that what he is pushing NM on is NAI and calling him a backup lynch after saying
In post 141, TierShift wrote:
In post 139, Towns Last Hope wrote:VOTE: Martha Zolanski

Don't at all like the shade throwing/"analysis" at the end there. And the defensive "my vote was rvs" when nobody asked about it
agreed though but you don't think nm is a scummy scumfuck?
is shady as fuck. He should also know how I play scum since we both lived until the end in the game where I actually was scum. This is like a total 180 (I think).
You realise I have not put effort in until now?
Why do you feel that I should be able to read you perfectly after one scumgame?
I don't think you should be able to read me perfectly after one scum game but when your only reference point of my game play is one in which I actually rolled scum, and literally finished like a week ago should give you at least a modicum of understanding of how I would play as scum. Even if meta is a bad way to read players, and I do think that it is, I think that meta does bring some sort of bias into how people read others.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Hiraki »

I think TS v NYD is TvT.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:53 am

Post by TierShift »

So you are justifying your lazy play by showing how you have played scum differently?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 366, TierShift wrote:So you are justifying your lazy play by showing how you have played scum differently?
No I'm saying you should be using it as a reference because it's fresh in your mind if you're town. I'm not justifying my lazy play at all other than saying that I was busy because of IRL stuff that took priority but I'm no longer busy.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 365, Hiraki wrote:I think TS v NYD is TvT.
We'll see...
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 318, nydushermain wrote:However, it does personally feel like he has some sort of agenda. His town read on TLH was just as lazy as my initial scum read on him.
Why does it feel like I have an agenda?

I can just state a townread btw, don't have to explain it to hell and back.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 356, nydushermain wrote:
In post 355, GuiltyLion wrote:N_M but not as a matter of instinct in the way that I'm talking about though!

Therefore,

I can see where you're going with this but trust me when I tell you, I'm town and whatever you're reading into is wrong.
I'm kinda thinking this feels genuine
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 369, TierShift wrote:
In post 318, nydushermain wrote:However, it does personally feel like he has some sort of agenda. His town read on TLH was just as lazy as my initial scum read on him.
Why does it feel like I have an agenda?

I can just state a townread btw, don't have to explain it to hell and back.
It feels like you townread TLH because they were going on me and it feels like your push on me isn't natural. The agenda would literally be you townreading someone who scum reads me in order to push a ML onto me.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I have no evidence btw, because like I said, it's just a feeling. I don't actually think that it's AI which is why it didn't come into my scumread on you.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by nydushermain »

do people not realize that EoD is like soon?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Titus »

Votecount 1.B.6- Hiraki (1): Towns Last Hope
- Towns Last Hope(hydra of The_Jester and Dunnstral) (2): Lycanfire, Hiraki
- Lycanfire (2): Not Mafia, Hiraki
- GuiltyLion (3):Not Mafia, Towns Last Hope, Not_Mafia
- TierShift (1): nydushermain
- Not_Mafia (2): Martha Zolanski, nydushermain
- Martha Zolanski (2): Not_Mafia, nydushermain
- nydushermain (1): Towns Last Hope, TierShift, Not_Mafia

Not Voting (0): GuiltyLion

InformationDay 1 will end at February 16, 1:37 AM PST. That is (expired on 2017-02-16 01:37:00) from now. 13 hours added for hammer downtime.

Please feel free to PM me with concerns a request for a VC as well. I do apologize for not having VCs up asap. I am not always reading this thread, but do try to have player concerns addressed. :nod: I will not edit any player's posts for content, as a good mod is invisible.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”