Newbie 1777: Wedding In Vegas! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 218, MMM wrote:I admit to hypocrisy here because I have a tendency of not giving good explanations either though <.<
This does make me doubt my scum lean on MMM because scum tends not to undermine themselves whereas (ime) town are generally more honest about flaws in their self-assessments.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 231, SensFan wrote:The legitimate point that a game that has been going on for less than four days has been going on for six?
Do you seriously think scum is going to base a push on something that can be disproven in thirty seconds?

Town makes mistakes. Shit happens. Obsession over accuracy comes more from a scum mindset because they have something to prove.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 243, Ingeel wrote:
In post 241, Srceenplay wrote:So either way bad? Thanks.
I can vote you instead if you want

/s
Ew.

Brandishing your vote as a weapon to punitively threaten (even couched in sarcasm) gives me scum feels.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 247, Ingeel wrote:
In post 246, SensFan wrote:Ingeel, what makes you so sure that he's NewbTown instead of NewbScum? Secondly, your vote is on me;
obviously you disagree with my reads but do you not think they're sincere?
I think they're sincere
but they have no town motivated push behind them(at least for Srceen's case).

His play feels genuine to me, and lots of town motivation. I don't see newb scum immediately gunning for NL and saying "let invests handle it"

If anything, and sorry for reading into crumbs or what not, it's a townslip for him being TI(which he claimed against as VT which is believable). However, knowing it might have been risky to claim TI he claimed cit. I believe he's cit in the end but if anything his ISO is pure town. And Doctor, if you're a thing, please heal Srceen
DING DING DING DING!

We have a winner, folks!

Ingeel does NOT truly believe SensFan is scum because
scum cannot have sincere scumreads
!
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 269, MMM wrote:
In post 266, -Grey- wrote:
In post 116, JenLew wrote:At least if he flips town there would be 5 suspects to check out. If he flips scum there's about 2 who sort of sided with him. Which ever way he flips it will narrow down the search
You're pinging scum to me again.

Town points for anyone that sees what I see in this post. Drixx is disqualified due to insider info.
I assume the fact she's just narrowing down suspects based on votes, but I feel like you see more than that for some reason.
Cold.

Ice cold.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Post by -Grey- »

{Drixx, srceenplay}
{SensFan, MMM}
{Firescreamer, LadyeAeaea}
{JenLew}
{Ingeel}

VOTE: Ingeel

I will now accept questions.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 269, MMM wrote:
In post 116, JenLew wrote:At least if he flips town there would be 5 suspects to check out. If he flips scum there's about 2 who sort of sided with him. Which ever way he flips it will narrow down the search

Town points for anyone that sees what I see in this post. Drixx is disqualified due to insider info.
I assume the fact she's just narrowing down suspects based on votes, but I feel like you see more than that for some reason.
Think procedurally.

Rhetorical Scenario:

You're town. You have a scumread. You are speculating on what happens after the lynch.

What is your first assumption as to the player's alignment?
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 281, -Grey- wrote:
In post 269, MMM wrote:

Think procedurally.

Rhetorical Scenario:

You're town. You have a scumread. You are speculating on what happens after the lynch.

You'll probably first think they're scum.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 282, MMM wrote:
In post 281, -Grey- wrote:
In post 269, MMM wrote:

Think procedurally.

Rhetorical Scenario:

You'll probably first think they're scum.
PRECISELY.

What was the alignment JenLew reached for first?
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 116, JenLew wrote:
In post 114, MMM wrote:On second thought however some good might come from this.
UNVOTE: Firescreamer
VOTE: Srceenplay you have some explaining to do and properly at that.
This is L-1. Hammer him without declaring intent and I will hunt you down mercilessly if he flips town.
At least if he flips town there would be 5 suspects to check out. If he flips scum there's about 2 who sort of sided with him. Which ever way he flips it will narrow down the search
She mentions town first. And the a town flip wouldn't be that helpful.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 284, MMM wrote:
In post 114, MMM wrote:On second thought however some good might come from this.
This is L-1. Hammer him without declaring intent and I will hunt you down mercilessly if he flips town.
At least if he flips town there would be 5 suspects to check out. If he flips scum there's about 2 who sort of sided with him. Which ever way he flips it will narrow down the search
She mentions town first. And the a town flip wouldn't be that helpful.
Do you see my point, yet?
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Post by MMM »

So let me see...
I'm town. I vote my SR. They get to L-1. I make theories based on them being scum.
But JenLew first made a theory based on him being town.
Meaning she's scum?

I'd like to say yes but I don't think so.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 286, MMM wrote:So let me see...
I'm town. I vote my SR. They get to L-1. I make theories based on them being scum.
But JenLew first made a theory based on him being town.
Meaning she's scum?

I'd like to say yes but I don't think so.
You do, but you don't seem to realize the significance of her assumption.

Scum approach the game different from town, and naturally have a different perspective.

Anomalies to natural town thought processes are indicative of a scum mindset.
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Post by MMM »

I kinda figured I was trying to overcomplicate.
So it's JenLew + Ingeel? Well that was easy.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by -Grey- »

If that was all I had on JenLew, it wouldn't be explicitly damning.

But it's not.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 27, JenLew wrote:But the IC could also be maf so keeping him around just because he could be useful could also earn a victory for the scum
Scum often shows early interest in or attempts to mislynch the IC to save a bullet for PR hunting.
In post 31, JenLew wrote: VOTE: Meduna seeing as he's not going to play anyways and might as well get him out of the way
Another frequent newbscum move, because:

1) Low risk of getting into a 1v1 with an empty slot.
2) PL's on lurkers provide no information to town.
In post 46, JenLew wrote:
In post 42, Srceenplay wrote:Why would you not make a night kill? Wouldn't you want as many town dead as fast as possible?
And this question could be asked the other way around as well. Why would you not make a lynch? Wouldn't you want as many scum lynched as fast as possible?
She doesn't seem to identify with the fact that town is the uninformed majority.

When scum NK, they KNOW they're hitting town. Town doesn't KNOW they're hitting scum.
In post 54, JenLew wrote:
In post 52, Srceenplay wrote:Just follow my lead and vote with me. You will be confirmed town when we lynch this scum together.
One thing I do know for sure about the game is trust no one, espessially players more experienced than you :wink:
Sowing distrust.

Town HAS to work together if we're going to root out the scum.
In post 103, JenLew wrote:
In post 95, Srceenplay wrote:Your threats are not appropriate. I feel like you are mad/angry that is who I'm voting.
Now you resort to this? Playing a victim? He's just stating the obvious seeing that you keep avoiding everyone's main question. How did you jump from no lynch to LadyA? That's all that everyone would like to know and you keep on avoiding the it. First you suddenly claim to be town hero and now Drixx is threatening you....what's next, people attacking you personally? This looks like grabbing for straws if you ask me....
Instigation. This post has no probative value. The only real questions in it are echoes of other players. Her original content in that post is thinly veiled jabs.
In post 104, JenLew wrote:(SE) is not noons. You do make a few interesting points thou. But the only way I see his play is either scum or stupid. But I'm rather going with scum seeing that stupid is a noobs MO which he most definitely is not.
She admits to the possibility that srceenplay may be playing suboptimally as town, but shows no desire whatsoever to rule that possibility out before running the risk of lynching town.
In post 128, JenLew wrote:I'm not grasping at straws to keep the wagon going, I never created one. If anyone else decided to vote the way I do it's because they saw the same stuff I did. Of course, all of us could be wrong, but I'm hoping we're not.
She's removing herself from the responsibility of a srceenplay town flip in this post.

Never mind the fact she was actively pushing him as scum, if he flips town, "all of us were wrong" would be her defense.
In post 153, JenLew wrote:Anyone who played this game before knows D1 is just random voting, prodding and guess work until someone peaks interest. Unfortunately in this game that was you.
Again, waiving responsibility for the consequences of her vote. And who tells their scumread, "unfortunately, it's you"???
In post 156, JenLew wrote:Wagons are formed to get the game going and to get info in D2 it's not necessarily scum doing the sheeping as you call it.
She's not looking for Scum. Her motive is to find an acceptable lynch.
In post 214, JenLew wrote:In my opinion don't go along with a train of thought just because everyone else is. It's ok for opinions to differ that's what makes this game interesting. I voted for srceenplay because that's what felt right the way I read his posts. If you didn't agree with that then why vote for him and then be afraid that someone's going to hammer. This makes no sense to me, but to be fair
some things that Ingeel are saying are making some sense, almost too much, which is kind of confusing me at this stage.
Why would this be a matter of concern for town?

Town
strives
to make sense of things and each other. It's those we
can't
make sense of that we lynch.

-----

Any one, or even two, of these things are not bad in and of themselves... but when they're all added up, it's a compelling scum case.

In fact, I think I'd rather lynch JenLew over Ingeel today.

VOTE: JenLew
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 am

Post by MMM »

I'm kind of disappointed in myself for how much I missed without even noticing because I was so focused on the accusations to Srceenplay.
I like your case. I'm particularly intrigued by her saying that she never started a wagon when in fact that's what she did the entire time, which seems like an outright lie to me.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 291, MMM wrote:I'm kind of disappointed in myself for how much I missed without even noticing because I was so focused on the accusations to Srceenplay.
I like your case. I'm particularly intrigued by her saying that she never started a wagon when in fact that's what she did the entire time, which seems like an outright lie to me.
If you like my Scum case on JenLew, why didn't you find it strange that I called her out for trying to PL the player I'm theorizing as her buddy?
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 am

Post by MMM »

It doesn't seem strange to me because scum shouldn't have any problem with voting their buddy in RVS. They might even refer back to it later and say "look at me I'm so townie I was the first to vote this scum".
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:49 am

Post by MMM »

This would even be in line with JenLew splitting town and scum by their votes and today's flip.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 293, MMM wrote:It doesn't seem strange to me because scum shouldn't have any problem with voting their buddy in RVS. They might even refer back to it later and say "look at me I'm so townie I was the first to vote this scum".
That's true enough.

When I made the case, it wasn't registering to me that Meduna was Igreel and I was reading her vote on that slot as a sincere attempt to kill it.

Granted, lurker lynches don't happen on d1, and certainly not straight out of rvs... but I wouldn't expect JenLew to be aware of that.

Either way, we're good. :D
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 294, MMM wrote:This would even be in line with JenLew splitting town and scum by their votes and today's flip.
Remind me where this happened, please? I think I missed something.
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 am

Post by MMM »

You seem to be forgetful, we discussed this like an hour ago lol.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:07 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Well isn't this a little shot in the arm. From 0 posts from that slot to all that. Going to go over where my head is at this game on everyone and get my vote onto someone.

In order of the name list on the first post and nothing else. Here we go.

MMM - His early vote on me without showing his working set me off. He eventually explained it using somebody elses working.
In post 69, MMM wrote:If you're assuming LadyeAeaea + Drixx based on post 24 that's a longshot
In post 70, Srceenplay wrote:A long shot that now two people seen independently?
In post 71, MMM wrote:I mean I have to admit I had my own thoughts about that but I don't want to jump to conclusions.
Those are posts 69, 70 and 71. Player 1 shows skepticism toward point X. Player 2 says I have independent support for point X. Player 1 says oh yes I secretly also had support for point X all along.
In post 73, MMM wrote:I wonder what the two people who haven't posted yet think about this.
Then almost immediately looks for other peoples opinion on point X that 3 people have now shown support for.
In post 107, MMM wrote: Also I'm gonna look really scummy when you flip scum due to you buddying me so much aren't I.
Vocalizing how concerned you are about looking like scum seems bad, but I actually think Screen is town at this point so a scum MMM should have no actual reason to fear a Screen Scumflip.
In post 109, MMM wrote:Having some fresh opinions on Srceenplay would be great because right now I'm pretty sure everyone's just agreeing with wanting him gone. I'm probably also kinda guilty of this but I won't put him at L-1 yet.
In post 110, MMM wrote:I agree with LadyeAeaea that people could easily jump on him for a mislynch too. There's just way too little resistance for him to be scum but then again not everyone posted recently.
If the scumpair is MMM/Screenplay then these are the two posts along with the one above them told us so. There is little else supporting it and I think Screenplay is town since he ended his gambit but these three posts are fairly glaring. Another possibility is scum MMM setting up a mislynch on Screenplay if he himself ever flips. Though the gamestate at this point with all the pressure on screenplay and none on him would be very future conscious.
In post 108, MMM wrote:I want Firescreamer and Meduna to speak up too though.
In post 115, MMM wrote:I still want Firescreamer to explain his choice of questions though.
In post 135, MMM wrote:Wheeee Firescreamer said something
I had literally told everyone I wasnt going to be around that day. MMM still attempted to put pressure on my inactivity.

Then his interactions with Grey are essentially just completing Grey's logic for him. Which would cost scum nothing (eventually Grey is going to say what Grey wanted to say).

Scum rating. 3.5 Nooses out of 5
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 297, MMM wrote:
You seem to be forgetful, we discussed this like an hour ago lol.
Not forgetful so much as focused.

All I was concentrating on was making my point.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”