Newbie 1777: Wedding In Vegas! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 398, JenLew wrote:
In post 397, FireScreamer wrote:My vote will not come off of JenLaw for the rest of the day after that post btw.
Yeah you do that. If I was scum I'd be trying to convince you with some sort of good explanation because of cource I wouldn't want to be lynched. But, I don't have one, that's just the way I play. If you SR my play, go for it. There's nothing I can do about how I've played the game so far.
Defeatism on the stand and appeals to emotion are giant scumreads. A member of the informed majority who knows the jig is up and has given up. A member of the uninformed majority would be hitting back like crazy, zealous with the righteous feeling of being wrongly accused. Trying to pick apart anything they can and giving the town information on how they read everything even if they know they are going down. Defeatism is the act of the defeated. A townie mislynched day 1 is far from losing the game and should still be trying to win it. A scum lynched day 1 knows the odds of them winning now have been slashed and your little temper tantrum of "lynch me I dare ya" reads like exactly that.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 am

Post by MMM »

In post 396, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 365, -Grey- wrote:
In post 364, -Grey- wrote:I don't really think it would be productive to do reads on srceenplay and Drixx.

Vagary is a powerful tool. Don't underestimate it.
Edit
Fair enough i'll be lazy and not do Srrceenplay. And I actually wan't someone to do Drixx for me.

MMM would you be so kind?
Sure thing.
In post 398, JenLew wrote:
In post 397, FireScreamer wrote:My vote will not come off of JenLaw for the rest of the day after that post btw.
Yeah you do that. If I was scum I'd be trying to convince you with some sort of good explanation because of cource I wouldn't want to be lynched. But, I don't have one, that's just the way I play. If you SR my play, go for it. There's nothing I can do about how I've played the game so far.
Not liking the reverse psychology.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Also top of the page. Woohoo since thats apparently a thing we care about.
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:34 am

Post by JenLew »

In post 399, -Grey- wrote:Well if there's nothing you wish to counter in regards to my argument aside from that one post which doesn't put a dent in my case against you even if I did concede your point, then...

Eat rope.
What would you like me to say? "Oh please don't? Oh I promise I'm town?" None of that's going to matter anyway. You've got everyone here so convinced there's nothing I can say to change their minds not even if I show you proof that I'm VT but of course im not allowed to do that.

Please just PM me tomorrow for the lynch so I can be here for the I told you so before the thread closes.

And as for the rest, please look at Grey once I'm gone.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:36 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 403, JenLew wrote:
In post 399, -Grey- wrote:Well if there's nothing you wish to counter in regards to my argument aside from that one post which doesn't put a dent in my case against you even if I did concede your point, then...

Eat rope.
What would you like me to say? "Oh please don't? Oh I promise I'm town?" None of that's going to matter anyway. You've got everyone here so convinced there's nothing I can say to change their minds not even if I show you proof that I'm VT but of course im not allowed to do that.

Please just PM me tomorrow for the lynch so I can be here for the I told you so before the thread closes.

Just Grey? You have literally no thoughts on literally anybody else? Nothing but OMGUS?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:37 am

Post by -Grey- »

No townreads either.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 am

Post by -Grey- »

@Drixx: I've got my collar for today. If my research tonight acquits Ingeel, I will hear you tomorrow on the matter of SensFan.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 am

Post by JenLew »

In post 404, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 403, JenLew wrote:

Eat rope.

Just Grey? You have literally no thoughts on literally anybody else? Nothing but OMGUS?
My initial thoughts were Srceenplay as everyone knows but these last few posts he started to change my mind. I don't like vote jumping which kas why I haven't unvoted. I would've as soon as I've gotten enough on someone else to justify a vote.

But I don't buy this coming into a game and all of a sudden I'm the scum when I know for a fact I'm town. I don't see in any of my posts how I could have been flashing SR at everyone without them seeing the strobelight.

The only way he can be so "sure" I'm scum is if he's infact scum and I'm town and was probably on to something.

This lynch is going to happen no matter how hard I fight it or what I say. No need to get stressed over it. At least my lynching will get town to night and then you'll finally start to get some answers.

I've played a game before were I was sacrificed which actually secured a win for town. I'll do it again in order for town to get some info.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 406, -Grey- wrote:@Drixx: I've got my collar for today. If my research tonight acquits Ingeel, I will hear you tomorrow on the matter of SensFan.
I don't see the incentive to do what you just did
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 408, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 406, -Grey- wrote:@Drixx: I've got my collar for today. If my research tonight acquits Ingeel, I will hear you tomorrow on the matter of SensFan.
I always have a reason for what I do.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 409, -Grey- wrote:
In post 408, FireScreamer wrote:
I always have a reason for what I do.
Does anyone not? I am just saying I am surprised.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:51 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Though I think I understand some other things you've said better now.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by FireScreamer »

There are still some things things I want now before someone hammers.

1. Lady's view on JenLaw and the wagon on her
2. Sens view on things
3. Ingeel responding to the case against him
4. MMMs post on Drixx
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

There's a case against Ingeel?

Cool. Who made it and where is it?
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 413, -Grey- wrote:There's a case against Ingeel?

Cool. Who made it and where is it?
207 and 247 are the main offenders being talked about. Sensfan and yourself made it. I think I added a bit to it in my ISO of him. Do you want post numbers of people reading him?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I am ok with voting.
I am also ok with people continuing to talk.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Nah. I'm in no rush.

He's on my to-do list.
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by MMM »

I'm annoyed as hell, I'm constantly disconnecting because my internet is crap and I keep losing my work.
I'm still making the Drixx post before I go to sleep at least.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 415, Srceenplay wrote:I am ok with voting.
I'm done with today, personally.

Y'all do what y'all do.

JenLew's reaction to my wagon was absolutely horrific and I'm happy with setting her swing.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 415, Srceenplay wrote:I am ok with voting.
Once I get those 4 things I mentioned I'm satisfied. Anything you specifically want to see today?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Honestly I'm curious if sensfan will quick hammer.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 395, JenLew wrote:And yes, I know Grey is going to dismiss this statement immediately cause from what I've read so far that's his thing, his way or know way.
This is a total crock of shit, btw. I worked through my scumread on Fire and began townreading him.

JenLew didn't even try to reach out to me. She reacted like caught scum, so I'm fine with treating her like caught scum.
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by MMM »

This is my first time digging out ISOs, I just hope I'm doing this right. Also kind of annoying because ISOing lots of small posts is easier than wall posts (in my mind anyway) and my internet's been doing me a disservice but whatever I guess, here you go.
In post 65, Drixx wrote:
In post 40, Srceenplay wrote:The other assumption is that you will be able to lynch scum without them getting information on a pr.

Scum will kill at night that is unavoidable. Mislynching is avoidable by
VOTE: no lynch

Are you ok with lynching a town? I'm not.
This is screaming scum vibes to me at this point.
In post 59, Srceenplay wrote:I found one scum for us. Vote her up.
:Mic Drop:
I'm out.
And then the sudden reversal to this.

So the way I see it, one of two things is going on here.

1.) You realized the mistake of your no lynch push and jumped to this to try and get the attention off of that.
2.) You're scum and are making one heck of a gambit.

This only plays out a couple of ways. Since you have given no actual reasoning to believe she is scum, it logically follows you don't have any. Please do correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

So we could lynch you, and if you flip scum we can reasonably assume that either she's town or it was a gambit. It would be a pretty big stretch for it to be a gambit, but possible. If we lynch you and you flip town, we learn nothing whatsoever. If we lynch her and she flips town, then you go tomorrow, and if you're town that means you put us into 5 man LYLO with this stunt (presuming no kills are stopped).

I'm inclined to just assume we've got caught scum (you) in this bizarre turn of posts.

Please explain why and how you have "found one scum for us". If your explanation and reasoning make no sense, be prepared to defend yourself, because I can see absolutely zero town motive in your play so far, but lots and lots of potential scum motives.
At that point in the game everyone was convinced Srceenplay was scum but he brings up the possibility that he's making a gambit, although as scum. I don't blame him for not considering the possibility of Town!Srceenplay making a gambit since he was a universal SR at that point. Town lean on Drixx at this point in time.
In post 74, Drixx wrote:I count four posts since I asked for an explanation of why she's scum. None of them give any reason to evaluate. One of them is a clear dodge.
In post 78, Drixx wrote:There has been no explanation whatsoever. You are being intentionally obtuse. At this point, I am going to just assume that you are trolling, and you're going to find a hostile audience to that on this site.

VOTE: Srceenplay
Genuine annoyance at not seeing where Srceenplay answers his question. Null tell here but doesn't look like actions he'd take if he was partnered with Srceenplay.
In post 183, Drixx wrote:
In post 121, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 106, Drixx wrote:
In post 95, Srceenplay wrote:Your threats are not appropriate. I feel like you are mad/angry that is who I'm voting.
Stop angle shooting. It's against the rules.

Furthermore, I take the newbie queue seriously, and if you're just here to troll, believe me I will go to the mat to ensure you don't continue to have the opportunity to do so.

As far as I can see, you have two options now:

1.) Play the game and answer the question SEVERAL of us have now asked you, and which you continue to dodge. Stop trolling. Stop trying to angle shoot.

OR

2.) Keep screwing with a newbie game and see what happens.

I think everyone would prefer you stopped with the trolling and antics. Seriously. We're well beyond reasonable territory here now.
Angle shooting? Against the rules?
If there are rules you as ic have a responsibility to explain and show them to us. Don't state facts without explaining that is misleading and something scum does.

I am taking this seriously as well. There is not just one play style anyone will see playing so there is no reason for someone not to see it now.

Stop saying there are only two options. That is untrue. There are many things people can do or choose. I will not conform to your will and do what you want. Don't imply in newbie games that is what you are supposed to do under pressure.

Show me the troll posts please.
Angle Shooting is accusing someone of breaking the rules (your repeated referring to my posts as threats) in an attempt to bait the game moderator into stepping in and punishing the player. It is seriously frowned upon because mod censure should only happen as an absolute last resort. Therefore, attempting to influence the mod to take action against another player to further your win condition is considered against the rules and colloquially referred to as "angle shooting".

As for showing your troll posts, I could have just quoted most of your ISO before this post, because we kept asking you to explain the reasons you were scum reading Lady, and you kept just asserting that had done so, when you had not. The fact that MMM saw what might be viewed either as newbie confusion OR as cognitive dissonance in post #24 wasn't enough for me to put the dots together, and I'm pretty good at this game. I went and read that post a few times trying to figure out what on earth made you slingshot from pushing a no lynch to being certain Lady was scum, and I couldn't see anything in that post that was anywhere
NEAR
enough to be so sure. And you simply refused to give your thought process or any kind of logical reasoning or ... anything.

Trolling is only NAI until it starts harming the game, and you were harming the game with that long string of refusing to explain.
At this point if Drixx and LadyeAeaea ARE actually the scum team then they've done a good job convincing me otherwise. I also doubt that Drixx+Srceenplay are a team due to Drixx heavily accusing him of trolling and angle shooting here and the two of them having an argument which seemed genuinely heated which I alluded to.
In post 139, MMM wrote:Actually one small request, don't hammer before everyone *COUGH* Meduna has at least posted once.
This is very good advice.

I'm a little wary of MMM right now. There's a little bit of a touch of opportunism in the stances. First going along with Srceenplay on a posited Lady+me scum pairing, based upon almost nothing, and then putting out posts claiming to fear being mislynched when Srceenplay flips scum, and then going for easy town credit here.
Looking at this from someone else's perspective at that point in the game it seems justified.
In post 168, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 102, LadyeAeaea wrote:
In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:Well I did.
Plus she posted since and ignored my vote and fact that I called her scum.
I assume given we have two weeks and you didn't give any reason as to why you scum read me, that you'd either eventually do that or you were throwing out a random vote. If you have any questions about what I've said so far I'm happy to answer them. But I don't really care, or want to waste my time defending against nothing. Or maybe I missed something and you can enlighten me on that.

In terms of my post regarding the person that gives as advice - I was inquiring as to why they're in the game rather than having a player who doesn't have a role fill this part. Like, very easy to look townie when you're providing useful information imo. Does that make sense? If you can explain your read on me since apparently it's a serious one, I think that'll be a good step. If you *are* just trolling, I hope we can at least get good reactions out of this. If you are scum then lol - although I'm not really sure about you being scum because of this behaviour as I think it'd be rather reckless of you to not only advocate for NL but also tunnel blindly right off the bat (or maybe you're a noob who's never played mafia :p). I think we should definitely be looking at people jumping on you for these actions for an easy mis-lynch.

I don't have much time today but I'll be way more active tomorrow when I'm sitting in the library studying all day (yawn).
This is the somehow elusive for everyone post.
In post 24, LadyeAeaea wrote:Also what exactly is a SE? And isn't there a direct incentive to not lynch the IC because they're useful - or can the IC still give us info if they're dead?
In this post you ask a question about not knowing what a SE is. Then you move to knowing IC is important and imply that it would be best not to lynch. After that to finish the post it looked to me that you were asking if you can still talk to IC after they are dead.
This is where you finally post what made you go from "we should no lynch" to "I'm certain she is scum" and I get what you're getting at finally, and if I had not made the IC post that I did, I would actually agree with you. Post 24 appears to have cognitive dissonance. First she asks what an SE is, then she asks about an incentive not to lynch the IC ... so there's a bit of a experience dissonance there, especially with the end of the question asking if I can communicate after dead. But ... take into account my IC post and it feels genuine newbie question through and through.

Agree?
We've probably been through this often enough by now but I like this post.
What I don't like though is that a lot of his posts are actually just providing information (which I left out because tedious, I'll list the posts/sections I mean if anyone really wants me to). He's null because I honestly don't have enough to go by for him compared to other people even if said people posted the same amount.
Writing up Srceenplay in a bit, if I did anything wrong tell me before I move on to him please so I can improve where necessary.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by FireScreamer »

I think your conclusion on Drixx is contradictory to conclusions you made during your conclusion on Drixx. Does anyone understand what I am talking about?

I'm doing my best Grey impression here and I understand that. But this is something that has been bothering me.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 423, FireScreamer wrote:I think your conclusion on Drixx is contradictory to conclusions you made during your conclusion on Drixx.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, you know.

That read can always be reviewed for accuracy later. He's not a lynch option today, so there is no rush.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”