Mini Normal 1874: Camping Trip Mafia (Game Over)

Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Fykus »

Hey everybody, I'm sorry for the last few days of only prod dodging posts, real life has been a real bitch to me. Hopefully this post can make up for it and move the game along.
In post 661, Sickofit1138 wrote:I'm a watcher. Now get the fuck off my wagon
Well this seems pretty scummy. Surely a game with only 13 players wouldnt have 4 town PRs would it?

As for Sick soft claiming on day 1 I didn't even notice that tbh. In my first game on here a guy who kept saying things like that turned out to be a vanilla townie. And in all the bastard mafia games I've played people just come right out and fully claim.
In post 684, Jaack wrote:Well I see that sick is effectively confirmed scum. In order for him not to be, fykus would have to be a scum pr and scum would have had to target my slot, the latter of which seems particularly unlikely.

I think there is exactly 1 scum in (sensfan; fykus). Fycus is scum if the scum team preplanned this fake claiming stuff to try and clear fykus (considering there were people doubting his claim this seems reasonable enough).

Sensfan is scum if sick just winged his claim.
I don't see sensfan making a post like if the plan was for sick to fakeclaim, but other than that, he's spent an inordinate amount of time diverting pressure from sick for being 'bad town' and doing little else.

Going to have to do some more isos before i endorse lynching this very second but sick is clearly the lynch for the day.
Can you explain the logic here? Not sure if i follow?
In post 714, BlackVoid wrote:Was waiting for Fykus to post links to the torrent site but he hasn't posted in a while and I'm impatient so I want to point out that his assumption that there are only two scum could be a townslip. He did only play a newbie game on the site where there are two scum. However, I think it's somewhat weird that if he plays a nine-player game with two scum, he'd assume that a thirteen player game also has two scum. One possibility that came to mind was that there are two scum + a traitor which would make Fykus's assumption a scumslip. Overall, he clearly is playing nothing like his newbie town-game I read through. If he does flip scum, be aware of the traitor possibility.
I apologise but its hard for me to go through and screencrap pages and pages of stuff on another site. I hope that my past game on here was sufficient enough to see my "emerging" play style. Heres a link to a game you might be able to see though where I'm town. My name is Denver on there. http://s15.zetaboards.com/Annon_Mafia/topic/10121488/1/

Townreads in order (will pick randomly from top 3 to jail tonight):

BlackVoid
Jupiter
IAI
Nadpool
Jaack
mattblackguy
Sensfan
shannon
massive
sick

Also just incase I get NKd tonight I want everybody to look into the people who have withheld voting today:

Not Voting (7): SensFan, Jaack, massive, I Am Innocent (edited to show whos actually not voting now)

I find that its pretty curious a couple of these people withhold their votes even though they're agreeing with peoples arguments here.

VOTE: Sick[/b] and thats lynch.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Fykus »

VOTE: sick

sorry about that fucked up the code
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by SensFan »

Alright. Went back to look at the Fykus wagon, since it was the biggest event of D1. Trying to get a sense of why it happened, who was pushing it, etc.

First thing I notice is that lucca was voting Fykus but moved off it right before the wagon really picked up steam, then never really commented on it or hopped back on as it got serious. I find that curious, but it could also be a coincidence. Also nothing to expand on unfortunately since like a million other people he replaced out. (Turns out he hopped on again post-claim.)
IamInnocent clearly did most of the pushing of the wagon, and seems to have been the one to lay out the clearest case. Having gone through that part of the game again, it certainly looks like a genuine and sincere effort on the part of IAI. Regardless of if/when Fykus flips, I think IAI comes off super Town in that.
Nadpool sheeps onto the wagon, which isn't super noteworthy because of the shtick but is worth mentioning. He basically just QFT'd IAI, which is something I don't really like on a wagon that's gaining steam. Again, hard to tell with the shtick.
Lastly, Sick. Wow. Reading this again, I *really* don't like Sick's participation on the wagon. Hops on to make it L-1, gets a claim, then immediately hops back off. Contrary to my prior defense of Sick for other things, that's not something that's at all explainable by my player read on Sick. I really don't like it, and it looks opportunistic as hell.
Postclaim, SSBM hopped off without any real comment, as did Shannon. Nadpool hopped off while agreeing with 2F that he won't lynch claimed PR D1.

Overall, I still remain unconvinced of the wagon and think Fykus could be NewbScum or just a in-over-his-head NewbTown. I think the case on him is legit as I said, but don't know that I'm convinced by it. I do find the actions of people involved in it odd, though, particularly anyone who jumped off. Like I said at the time, any Scum being lynched will claim a PR. I don't understand at all the idea that you won't lynch someone who claims to be a PR. Doesn't that just guarantee you'll get one or more claims and end up lynching a VT on D1 every time? Can anyone who hopped off because of the claim (or 2F who was never on it) explain that part to me?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 736, mattblackguy wrote:
In post 735, SensFan wrote:I don't know, really. Like, I saw it but just didn't have it in me to engage in this game. As I said, I've been having trouble really finding this game to be something other than a chore. Not entirely sure why. Hopefully my dive into it tonight will re-energize me.
In post 708, mattblackguy wrote:Replace out if you're not going to play.
No. Part of the reason I've had trouble engaging in the game is the numerous people who requested to replace out. I think that's incredibly poor behaviour; we all made a commitment to the Mod and each other. You shouldn't opt out and force others to accommodate unless there's a serious RL reason.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
JupiterCrush
JupiterCrush
Goon
JupiterCrush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by JupiterCrush »

Fykus, I can agree with IAI as a potential target, but I don't think you should jail either me or blackvoid.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 754, JupiterCrush wrote:Fykus, I can agree with IAI as a potential target, but I don't think you should jail either me or blackvoid.
Whys that? Someone suggested I pick my 3 top townreads
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 717, BlackVoid wrote:I went through the newbie game he just completed to see how he treated the JK claim and here's what he said:
In post 1123, Fykus wrote:Unfortunately im just a vanilla townie. Had i been cop i would have tracked grey. So if you jailed nydus that means hes either scum or a target of scum or maybe mafia had a roleblocker that used their action and maybe pep never sent in a kill?
So, he knows that if there's no kill, then it's possible that the person jailed could be a target of scum and wouldn't 100% determine if that player is scum or not like he says here:
In post 611, Fykus wrote:Sorry, I was under the impression that there were only 2 scum players in these games? I figured by jailing a suspected scum I could see whether or not it stopped a kill from happening which would 100% determine if that person was scum or not. I'll adjust this strategy for night 2 and jail my top town read instead (won't reveal who it is, hopefully scum will waste a shot on them).
So, yeah I think you are right. He's pretending to be newbier than he is. I didn't worry about it too much at first because he did play up the newbie-card in his newbie towngame but his play there was very, very involved and passionate and the difference to here is quite stark.
@Fykus, explain this. Why were you acting ilke you didn't know how jailkeeper worked earlier when you clearly understood how it worked in your previous newbie game?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Oh wait that actually is a hammer. Forgot Jupiter put him at L-1... Still lynch Fykus' ass tomorrow regardless of Sick's flip. I'm counting on you Innocent, and BlackVoid.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

If Sick flips town then look at Fykus' day 1 L-1 wagon. It probably has at least one of his scumpartners on it. Most likely Nadpool or Kyouko(Jack)
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Actually nvm just realised if Sick flips town then Kyouko(Jack) is town by extension since Fykus would have visited him.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Jaack »

Let's see if I can get this in before mod...
In post 750, Fykus wrote: Can you explain the logic here? Not sure if i follow?
Sick's claim is pretty clearly bogus. If scum planned out this fakeclaim in advance (ie Night 1) I don't think that sensfan would put effort into defending him right before he claimed, as it would be putting effort into defending a parter that had already been predetermined to be sacrificed.

Of course, if the scumteam hadn't hammered out the details of the claim beforehand, I could pretty easily see sensfan doing what he did as scum.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Jack you still believe Fykus?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 760, Jaack wrote:predetermined to be sacrificed
So you think the scum team's plan was to sacrifice Sick? What do they get out of sacrificing him? I don't think any scum would gain any towncred from Sick's lynch. Only person I can see who "could" get some towncred off of Sicks' lynch is Fykus.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 762, mattblackguy wrote:
So you think the scum team's plan was to sacrifice Sick? What do they get out of sacrificing him? I don't think any scum would gain any towncred from Sick's lynch. Only person I can see who "could" get some towncred off of Sicks' lynch is Fykus.
That is the reason I gave in my intial post about the subject. The hope would be that fykus would get towncred for being cc'd by scum (or sick would get towncred for cc'ing scum). I'm not sure this is what happened but it's one of my leading theories. If it's false and fykus is really the JK, than sensfan is almost certainly scum. If fykus is scum, I don'tthink sensfan is too, but there's a little possibility I guess.
JupiterCrush
JupiterCrush
Goon
JupiterCrush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by JupiterCrush »

I recommend that you don't jail me fykus if you're jailer.
JupiterCrush
JupiterCrush
Goon
JupiterCrush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by JupiterCrush »

You'll figure it out tomorrow.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 763, Jaack wrote:
In post 762, mattblackguy wrote:
That is the reason I gave in my intial post about the subject. The hope would be that fykus would get towncred for being cc'd by scum (or sick would get towncred for cc'ing scum). I'm not sure this is what happened but it's one of my leading theories. If it's false and fykus is really the JK, than sensfan is almost certainly scum. If fykus is scum, I don'tthink sensfan is too, but there's a little possibility I guess.
Alright so we're basically on the same page then.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Leonshade »

VOTE COUNT 2.04
Sickofit1138 (6): mattblackguy, Nadpool, BlackVoid, shannon, JupiterCrush, Fykus

Not Voting (5): SensFan, Sickofit1138, ssbm_Kyouko, massive, I Am Innocent

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Day 2 is over.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by Leonshade »

The constant deaths are getting to you. Grief, panic, despair, paranoia, you've been on a rollercoaster of negative emotions. But one man seems unfazed through it all. Sickofit attends to his daily tasks with a striking lack of fear, whistling as he gets up in the morning, whistling as he cooks his meal, whistling as he chops some firewood, whistling as he attempts to chop your head off. Wait, what was that last one?

You narrowly dodge the attack. You prepare to fight for your life, but in an instant, everyone else piles on to Sickofit, wrestling the axe from his grasp. You grab a rope and prepare a noose, putting an unsteady camping stool under the rope for Sickofit to stand on. As you tie the noose around Sickofit's neck, you demand that he confess to his crimes. "You murdered them, didn't you? Leonshade and TwoFace?"

"No," responds Sickofit, "I just watched as they were killed." An unhinged, sadistic glee appears on Sickofit's face. Sickofit starts whistling once again, as if facing death was just another chore in his daily life. Even as you kick the stool from under him, the whistling continues until Sickofit's last breath. The melody will haunt you in your dreams.

Sickofit1138
was lynched Day Two. He was a
Mafia Roleblocker

Night Two begins now. Night Two will end in (expired on 2017-02-18 04:09:49).
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by Leonshade »

During the night, you find it impossible to sleep. You could swear that you can still hear Sickofit outside, whistling that hauntingly familiar melody. You toss and turn and the whistling seems to get louder and louder, until your curiosity gets the better of you and you decide to peek your head outside your tent, just in case. Your eyes grow wide as you see Sickofit's corpse, still hanging by his neck, whistling. His eyes are closed, but his lips are moving to produce the whistling that has been haunting you all night.

The paranormal events don't end there, as the funeral pyre lights up on its own, with the burning corpses of Leonshade and keyenpeydee forcing their way out of the pyre, shambling in your direction. You get out of your tent and try to escape into the woods, but TwoFace's bullet-riddled body stumbles out of the woods, one arm outstretched towards you. You get to the middle of the camp and yell for everyone to wake up. The movement coming out of the tents fills you with relief for a moment, but that relief changes to horror as eight bodies, each wounded with what should be fatal injuries, burst out of the tents. You are surrounded by walking corpses, each one headed for you.

For a moment, Sickofit's whistling stops, and the corpses stop along with it. You look up in Sickofit's direction to see him open his eyes and stare you right in your eyes. Sickofit's face twists into an expression of sadistic glee, an unnerving laughter emanating from deep within his body. The corpses start closing in on you once again, your screams falling on deaf ears as they grab a hold of you...

Your eyes jolt open. You examine your surroundings, finding yourself in the relative comfort of your tent. You peek outside your tent to discover that everyone is already awake. All ten of you.

Nobody died last night!

Day Three begins now. Day Three will end in (expired on 2017-03-04 04:16:02).
- Vecna
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Yeah okay, I'll play along for a minute.

So fykus who did u target last night?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Post by shannon »

PEdit: I see IAI wants this too

Something that sticks out to me is Fykus' 750. One of his reasons for not believing Sick's claim was that town should not have 4 PRs in a game this size. I've just come from a game with exactly that number of PRs, so I'm calling BS on that. Also the way he gave his list and then almost fished out a claim from them suggests that he had ulterior motives.

"Townreads in order (will pick randomly from top 3 to jail tonight):

BlackVoid
Jupiter
IAI"

I think Matt and Jaack are on the same page here. So the first thing I want today is for Fykus to claim who he acted on.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 764, JupiterCrush wrote:I recommend that you don't jail me fykus if you're jailer.
I'm sorry but I chose to jail you last night. It seemed to me that you were claiming some sort of PR and I figured if it was that obvious to me then it would also be just as obvious to scum. It looks like my gamble has paid off thankfully.
In post 771, shannon wrote:PEdit: I see IAI wants this too

Something that sticks out to me is Fykus' 750. One of his reasons for not believing Sick's claim was that town should not have 4 PRs in a game this size. I've just come from a game with exactly that number of PRs, so I'm calling BS on that.
Also the way he gave his list and then almost fished out a claim from them suggests that he had ulterior motives.

"Townreads in order (will pick randomly from top 3 to jail tonight):

BlackVoid
Jupiter
IAI"

I think Matt and Jaack are on the same page here. So the first thing I want today is for Fykus to claim who he acted on.
Sorry but I don't understand what you're getting at here?

Also I'm sorry to use my newbie crutch again but this is the first time that I've been in a game of this size, this seemingly being a step up from the newbie queue I figured that 3 PRs would make sense not 4?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Why are you so sure you have saved town Jupiter from a NK target vs preventing scum Jupiter from making the kill?

This is obviously a Hail Mary attempt at saving fykus today.

Jupiter are you a bodyguard?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

PS JK is a perfect fake claim when your team has a RBer, which we now know scum had.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”