Newbie 1777: Wedding In Vegas! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:54 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Vote Count 2.01

[0]MMM -
[0]Firescreamer -
[1]Ingeel - Firescreamer
[0]-Grey- -
[0]LadyeAeaea -
[0]SensFan -
[0]Drixx -

[6]Not Voting - MMM, Ingeel, -Grey-, LadyeAeaea, SensFan, Drixx

With
alive it takes
to lynch!

Mod Notes - Pagetop!

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2017-03-06 10:58:56).
Last edited by UpTooLate on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:54 am

Post by MMM »

In post 596, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 595, -Grey- wrote:
In post 579, -Grey- wrote:{Ingeel, Lady A, Drixx}
&
{MMM, Firescreamer, SensFan}
Out of these players, if I eliminate those I believe would shoot me last night if they had the ability to do so, I am left with:

{Drixx}
&
{FireScreamer, SensFan}

This is a wildly different and unexpected set of suspects compared to my d1 reads, which... actually makes perfect sense, because had my d1 reads been accurate, I'd be dead due to the fact I have shown the capability to push my scumreads through to a lynch.
I think it is a mistake to throw out the bottom half of your town list as suspects because of WIFOM
I don't see it as WIFOM as much as a compromise scum had to make - either take out a threat to them [assuming that Grey is one], or a widely town-read player.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:55 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 597, -Grey- wrote:
In post 593, FireScreamer wrote:I mean it is WIFOM and I can't really argue with that as it by nature goes circular. I will say that the reason I wouldn't have shot at you isn't the reason you are suggesting and that others could have came to the same conclusion.
No, I can't agree with this for the simple fact that my scumreads would have been compelled to rid the game of a threat after watching the JenLew lynch take place.
If they thought similarly to me about 406 they would have not.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 602, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 593, FireScreamer wrote:I mean it is WIFOM and I can't really argue with that as it by nature goes circular. I will say that the reason I wouldn't have shot at you isn't the reason you are suggesting and that others could have came to the same conclusion.
No, I can't agree with this for the simple fact that my scumreads would have been compelled to rid the game of a threat after watching the JenLew lynch take place.
Yeah, really dumb to NK a cop soft.

Sure.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 am

Post by -Grey- »

My lynch pool is {Drixx, FireScreamer, SensFan}
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 603, -Grey- wrote:
In post 602, FireScreamer wrote:
Yeah, really dumb to NK a cop soft.

Sure.
That was a cop hard. Also not something I put in your range to do as a cop.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 am

Post by MMM »

In post 604, -Grey- wrote:My lynch pool is {Drixx, FireScreamer, SensFan}
That's an interesting turn of events since I expected it to be {MMM, LA, Ingeel} after Jen's flip. Your reasoning is pretty interesting though.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 am

Post by MMM »

In post 406, -Grey- wrote:@Drixx: I've got my collar for today. If my research tonight acquits Ingeel, I will hear you tomorrow on the matter of SensFan.
I honestly see this as a VT baiting scum to kill them rather than an actual cop softing.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 607, MMM wrote:
In post 406, -Grey- wrote:@Drixx: I've got my collar for today. If my research tonight acquits Ingeel, I will hear you tomorrow on the matter of SensFan.
I honestly see this as a VT baiting scum to kill them rather than an actual cop softing.
I went a step further in my own read of it.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:05 am

Post by MMM »

Didn't read that before I posted.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:10 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 408, FireScreamer wrote:
I don't see the incentive to do what you just did
Town would not have done this.

Town would have left it the fuck alone.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:11 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 610, -Grey- wrote:

Note that after you responded (Which is when I read it as what I read it as) I did exactly that.

I do think it was a mistake to have posted that.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 611, FireScreamer wrote:

Note that after you responded (Which is when I read it as what I read it as) I did exactly that.

No, you just wanted confirmation of what you suspected.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:15 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 612, -Grey- wrote:

No, you just wanted confirmation of what you suspected.
Were you what I suspected of course you were not going to confirm it. I acted hastily at first and then as I should have afterwards.
Ingeel
Ingeel
Goon
Ingeel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:18 am

Post by Ingeel »

I just figured out how the quote add thingy worked on ISO's so I lost the quotes for MMM and LadyAEAEA, but those'll come later. Right now I'm going to post Fire because that's the one I figured out how it worked on.

FIRE:
In post 133, FireScreamer wrote:Hiya guys. Very busy day yesterday. I'll be around for circa 12 hours from this post today though on and off.
In post 32, MMM wrote:UNVOTE: Srceenplay and
VOTE: FireScreamer because your questions are bad
Why? You just put suspicion on me, made it so everyone else now has to reevaluate what I said with the cloud of your suspicion over it, while at the same time gave me nothing to actually argue against or defend. Its free suspicion on someone who isn't you. What was wrong with the questions? What would you have asked? This is essentially foreshadowing what screenplay will do later on a much bigger scale. If we didn't have larger trollier fish to fry this would be where my vote goes.

Votes Srceen for shading/being a troll. When someone says your questions are bad it likely means they're loaded. In this situation they aren't, but they're an easy towncred grab.

In post 34, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: no lynch
First day is always mislynch. Mafia would love that. Let's get to night so out invests can do there jobs.
No. Absurd. No lynching is pretty obviously a massive mistake in most normal setups. I can go into why but I feel that the conversation has gone past this. (If you want a more detailed explanation of why just ask).

Nothing wrong here.

In post 48, Srceenplay wrote:Fine then. I think you have better understanding than me MMM.

The obvious scum is

VOTE: LadyeAeaea
I was going to let the cop investigate it first but it's obvious enough to just vote her and get her gone.
This is buddying up to MMM while at the same time doing what MMM did against me on a much bigger scale. It is scummy as hell because its just free pressure with nothing backing it up.

How is that buddying up? From her(yes I'm assuming MMM's gender) early posts it seems as though they were townreading Lady, so this really makes no sense if you look at the facts.

In post 52, Srceenplay wrote:Just follow my lead and vote with me. You will be confirmed town when we lynch this scum together.
Continued pied piping. Vote with me or I might name you next!

All he said was vote with me so we can lynch scum. If anything it's an inflated ego.

In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:Well I did.
Plus she posted since and ignored my vote and fact that I called her scum.
How would you respond to namecalling with no basis?

It's not namecalling.

In post 75, SensFan wrote:Hello everyone. Checking in.

First of all, want to clarify that I don't plan on playing by the silly guidelines of having to give written notice of intent to hammer. If four people are voting someone and I think they're likely Scum, I'm happy to just hammer them. If you're not comfortable with lynching someone, your vote shouldn't be sitting on them.
The purpose of intent to hammering is giving people the chance to claim PR or otherwise make a strong case. I think you lose win% by hammering more than you scum talks themselves off the gallows which should rarely happen anyway. If you at any point do this in this game and we have a day after you WILL be under immense pressure at the start. If you are town then its harmful to your win condition to put that much heat on yourself for no reason.

So Screenplay is the most scummy person by far. I would urge people to not look for partnerships this early in the game. Once we get a couple flips you can focus more on that but day 1 I think you think very highly of yourself to be able to pick it out. Probably too highly.

I know its early in the day but I see no reason to not post
An intent to hammer Srcreenplay in 48 hours from this post
Maybe he is hoping he can build a wagon on himself early and nobody will be willing to hammer so soon and attention will drift elsewhere. I however don't think we are getting off of the Srcreenplay issue and I think that its very unlikely anybody else does anything to be more deserving of our lynch before the deadline. So unless he changes my mind in 48 hours or someone doesnt agree with me and unvotes I am willing to hammer.
We're barely in the day(I think at this point) and you're already talking about hammering. No Bueno

In post 180, FireScreamer wrote:Nobody is going to quickhammer. It would only bring huge amount of pressure on them day 2 if he flips town. A townie has no incentive to bring that much pressure onto the only person they know isnt scum. I've posted an intent to hammer in around 43 hours. I'd like to hear more from Epid and the eventual replacement of Med before I do so though. So that may be extended.
Classic getaway.
Might be extended.
. That just seems like a getaway to me.

In post 434, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 433, -Grey- wrote:It's all unnecessary bickering, anyway.
Why? I'd ballpark Jen as around 80% likely to flip scum (which is pretty great for a D1 lynch). But there's still 100% another scum around. While we are waiting for people to hammer its not unreasonable that we try and find them.
"I think they're scum, like positive. Of course there's more scum." First part is blegh and second part is just common info made for towncred.

VOTE: FireScreamer
Ingeel
Ingeel
Goon
Ingeel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Ingeel »

ew those colors
Ingeel
Ingeel
Goon
Ingeel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 am

Post by Ingeel »

That was pretty obvious b8 m8.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 am

Post by MMM »

In post 614, Ingeel wrote:
In post 133, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 48, Srceenplay wrote:Fine then. I think you have better understanding than me MMM.

The obvious scum is

VOTE: LadyeAeaea
I was going to let the cop investigate it first but it's obvious enough to just vote her and get her gone.
This is buddying up to MMM while at the same time doing what MMM did against me on a much bigger scale. It is scummy as hell because its just free pressure with nothing backing it up.

How is that buddying up?
From her(yes I'm assuming MMM's gender)
early posts it seems as though they were townreading Lady, so this really makes no sense if you look at the facts.
Spoiler: Ahem
Image It's right there for everyone to see :/
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:48 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Taking apart my post on someone who was intentionally acting a scummy as he could seems a bit strange Ingeel. Sure he flipped town and by the end of the day thats where we read him. But at the time I posted that he was intentionally trying to make me see those things. Also thanks for agreeing with me that it was obvious bait, which was my main point from the start.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:50 am

Post by -Grey- »

VOTE: FireScreamer
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 619, -Grey- wrote:VOTE: FireScreamer
Do you have further input on this other what you have already stated? I'm fairly confident you are town and fairly confident that if you engage with me I can turn this around.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 am

Post by -Grey- »

I've stated my reasoning.

My beliefs do not require your validation.
---
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:57 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 621, -Grey- wrote:I've stated my reasoning.

My beliefs do not require your validation.
I didn't say that they did. I was just asking for additional reasoning and what was wrong about my response to your initial arguments.
Ingeel
Ingeel
Goon
Ingeel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Ingeel »

In post 618, FireScreamer wrote:Taking apart my post on someone who was intentionally acting a scummy as he could seems a bit strange Ingeel. Sure he flipped town and by the end of the day thats where we read him. But at the time I posted that he was intentionally trying to make me see those things. Also thanks for agreeing with me that it was obvious bait, which was my main point from the start.
So that automatically invalidates everything, including the horrific responses by you?
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 623, Ingeel wrote:
In post 618, FireScreamer wrote:Taking apart my post on someone who was intentionally acting a scummy as he could seems a bit strange Ingeel. Sure he flipped town and by the end of the day thats where we read him. But at the time I posted that he was intentionally trying to make me see those things. Also thanks for agreeing with me that it was obvious bait, which was my main point from the start.
So that automatically invalidates everything, including the horrific responses by you?
Horrific how?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”