Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 80, Bellaphant wrote:i still don't think we're understanding each other.

i'm literally saying that whole sequence looks weird af betwen scum buddies. that's it.
bella walk me through it like i'm five.

why is that weird af between scumbuddies? Because I think it's possibly a buddy reaction (I don't know that I've read more from bork and GL but more on that in a minute), but I'm wondering how you just jumped to the conclusions they aren't aligned because of that interaction.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 100, Fro99er wrote:
In post 80, Bellaphant wrote:i still don't think we're understanding each other.

i'm literally saying that whole sequence looks weird af betwen scum buddies. that's it.
bella walk me through it like i'm five.

why is that weird af between scumbuddies? Because I think it's possibly a buddy reaction (I don't know that I've read more from bork and GL but more on that in a minute), but I'm wondering how you just jumped to the conclusions they aren't
scum together
because of that interaction.
EBWOP
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 99, Eddie Cane wrote:whining about inactives is a common scum tell.
It depends on the player.

Whining about inactives can be, "hey let me point out they are being inactive" or it can actually be town frustration with "why the fuck are there so many inactives, we need to fucking find scum and you all aren't helping by being inactive"

So the question is, which was it from bork. I think it was town frustration.
Heil King Froggo.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I'm right here.

It was "i am satisfied with what i have from ss and gl now and i am ready to branch out to the rest of the playerlist". Im not frustrated as much as i am unable to proceed.
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 59, borkjerfkin wrote:i am curious as to how you differentiate how scum-me handles that on a townie vs on a buddy
rather than jumping to a conclusion about bella's assessment of the situation, this is trying to understand why she feels they can't be scum together.

I think it's probably the most town post in the game, given bella and I came to separate conclusions over the same interaction. I also really don't see scum!bork being like, "why does that rule me and GL out as scum together" ... most scum probably just let that slide, and I think given the way bork has approached rest of the game so far, it's more likely he's genuinely curious why it eliminates he and GL as a pair rather than the small subset of scum that press this issue.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 103, borkjerfkin wrote:I'm right here.

It was "i am satisfied with what i have from ss and gl now and i am ready to branch out to the rest of the playerlist". Im not frustrated as much as i am unable to proceed.
I'm still catching up. People are posting as I catch up.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 103, borkjerfkin wrote:I'm right here.

And unable to proceed is frustration in a way. Because there's nothing to go off and you want something to go off of.

It read as frustration at least, but the latter doesn't really change my opinion that it's probably towny of you to be talking about lurkers. Scum tend to point it out much later in the day phase as well when it's been well established that they are lurkers and they are trying to look for a mislynch.

You doing it at this phase of the day just seems more like trying to get the game going.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 77, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 74, borkjerfkin wrote:Since that doesn't seem to be coming, I also want to know how GulityLion was perceiving it when he made 26
yah I mean that's why I asked, I couldn't tell if it was because of Eddie's self-vote or meant to be an RVS. I would guess it was a serious vote since it was naked but if that's the case I don't know why you wouldn't just explain it at the same time.
Actually, the first time I read this I thought it made GL more towny, but that was for the first sentence.

Now that I reread it, the second sentence looks like trying to keep suspicion on. The first sentence also kinda looks like GL read into what Bork was trying to get at and answered accordingly.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Bella I'm don't think you're town :(
Heil King Froggo.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 97, borkjerfkin wrote:I would indeed expect a scumflip from me to indict rather than clear GL (if anything) for that really abortive interaction
This reads off to me. The sentiment makes sense, but the phrasing is not how I would expect town to put it.

@Fro99er - is your Bella read solely based off ? I didn't think it was that unreasonable of an inference.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 109, Sobolev Space wrote:@Fro99er - is your Bella read solely based off 80? I didn't think it was that unreasonable of an inference.
Read it again

51, 58, and 80.

51 is the jump to a conclusion. 58 is where she says it's messy and pointless, but doesn't explain how it's messy and pointless. 80 just reinforces she thinks it's "weird"

Bella plays a very cautious early town game, so I worry when she jumps to conclusions. She's my best friend on the site, so yeah, it bothers me.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 109, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 97, borkjerfkin wrote:I would indeed expect a scumflip from me to indict rather than clear GL (if anything) for that really abortive interaction
This reads off to me. The sentiment makes sense, but the phrasing is not how I would expect town to put it.
How would you expect town to put it?
Heil King Froggo.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

I think starting the hypothetical with a situation that, if you're town, will never happen is what threw me. I would say either "a scumflip from GL would look bad for me" or "I can see how that would look like a scum-scum interaction" or something like that.

My first game I (town) was scumread d1 for similar phrasing so I don't think its super AI, just something to note.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

The whole situation is hypothetical from bella's point of view since i am talking about what i think
she
should think of the interaction. That is why i worded it how i did.

The former thing you quoted isnt the sentiment i was trying to express, a scumflip from GL should perfectly allow for the fact that im town that just saw something scummy.

The latter is another acceptable way to word it
beefycheese
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Hello, everyone, I'm now here. Back at work, and avoiding work, to your great advantage. Quick recap:

8-9- lion and sob play footsie
30- bork tries hard
32- bork tries hard
46- bork tries hard
48- lion reacts strangely to bork trying hard
51- bella tries not hard enough
59- bork tries hard
70s- eddie continues trolling
80- bella elaborates, sort of
112- twitchy post from sobolev

Townvibes from
eddie
. He's a troll, but the good kind.

Townvibes from
TTTT
. Little to go on here.

Townvibes from
bork
. Fine. Tryhard. Whatever. I've liked the last two pages from him much more than the first three. Acquired taste, maybe.

Meh vibes from
sobolev
. Nullish, I don't know.

fos froggy
. His entry reads like someone who wants to be seen asking questions actively than someone who gives a shit about the answers. Don't ask me to explain the difference, I probably can't.

fos guilty lion
. Something is going on between him and sobolev. If someone is pocketing someone else, I always look to the more experienced player first.

VOTE: bella

Kara! Good to see you again. Sorry you flipped red this time.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 114, Lowell wrote:
fos froggy
. His entry reads like someone who wants to be seen asking questions actively than someone who gives a shit about the answers. Don't ask me to explain the difference, I probably can't.
Sure, I'll bite. Show me where I didn't give a shit about answers.
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 115, Fro99er wrote:
fos froggy
he said don't ask him to explain the difference. it's a gut thing, we all have our own gut tells.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:52 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 78, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 59, borkjerfkin wrote:i am curious as to how you differentiate how scum-me handles that on a townie vs on a buddy

i mean, i don't have meta or proof or anything, it's a gut response - but i feel like that was obvious anyway, so why as me?

In post 67, Eddie Cane wrote:sheep me please
do something useful please, kkthnx
In post 77, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 74, borkjerfkin wrote:Since that doesn't seem to be coming, I also want to know how GulityLion was perceiving it when he made 26
yah I mean that's why I asked, I couldn't tell if it was because of Eddie's self-vote or meant to be an RVS. I would guess it was a serious vote since it was naked but if that's the case I don't know why you wouldn't just explain it at the same time.
i actually understood the reaction.
this is ironic. you have 5 posts and none are productive.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 116, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 115, Fro99er wrote:
fos froggy
he said don't ask him to explain the difference. it's a gut thing, we all have our own gut tells.
I get that. But if I didn't care I probably wouldn't be following up on them as I did. Unless he thinks I don't care about my follow up thoughts to people's responses as well.
Heil King Froggo.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Lowell »

It just looks showy. But eddie's right, largely gut. I'd be happy if I were wrong.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

I always look showy. You should know that.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

Lowell why'd you vote bella instead of me or GL?
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:11 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 65, Lowell wrote:Checking in on my vacation responding to quasi prod. On a foreign keyboard so I have no idea how to bracket. When I do Im voting bork for whining about inactives already. also because he´s scum. but mostly the first thing.
In post 114, Lowell wrote:Hello, everyone, I'm now here. Back at work, and avoiding work, to your great advantage. Quick recap:

8-9- lion and sob play footsie
30- bork tries hard
32- bork tries hard
46- bork tries hard
48- lion reacts strangely to bork trying hard
51- bella tries not hard enough
59- bork tries hard
70s- eddie continues trolling
80- bella elaborates, sort of
112- twitchy post from sobolev

Townvibes from
eddie
. He's a troll, but the good kind.

Townvibes from
TTTT
. Little to go on here.

Townvibes from
bork
. Fine. Tryhard. Whatever. I've liked the last two pages from him much more than the first three. Acquired taste, maybe.

Meh vibes from
sobolev
. Nullish, I don't know.

fos froggy

fos guilty lion
. Something is going on between him and sobolev. If someone is pocketing someone else, I always look to the more experienced player first.

VOTE: bella

Kara! Good to see you again. Sorry you flipped red this time.
In post 19, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:VOTE: Eddie Cane
In post 68, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
In post 26, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 19, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:VOTE: Eddie Cane
why didn't you say anything when you made this vote?
Well it wouldn't be naked otherwise, now would it? ;)

In post 51, Bellaphant wrote:....I have no idea what to make of all of that, apart from to say that probably isn't our scum team.
:lol:
VOTE: sbf
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Oh and since it wasn't clear: that's the iso.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Oh and since it wasn't clear: that's the iso.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”