doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 496, Rels wrote:doom, Creature, since you're around do you know the answer to this ?
In post 491, Rels wrote:Does Frederick gets killed by host at some point if he doesn't get replaced ?
I do not know. I don't think so. I've seen people replace in later than this.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Aubrey »

i've liked skimmed everything and I'll do a re-read later, then comment. Maybe. :roll:
In post 496, Rels wrote:doom, Creature, since you're around do you know the answer to this ?
In post 491, Rels wrote:Does Frederick gets killed by host at some point if he doesn't get replaced ?
He will be replaced. Don't you worry.
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 501, Aubrey wrote:i've liked skimmed everything and I'll do a re-read later, then comment. Maybe. :roll:
He will be replaced. Don't you worry.
Well I would have preferred to have a double lynch =D
TL Mafia is best mafia
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Creature »

idk, I don't really have a scumread on Kop or KidAmn, just don't feel enough to put them in locktown position.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Creature »

Ugh, I forgot Fredrick was being replaced.
Sigh
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 503, Creature wrote:idk, I don't really have a scumread on Kop or KidAmn, just don't feel enough to put them in locktown position.
Why would they be just below locktown to begin with ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Lynching Frederick would be a huge cop out. He's a coinflip lynch and won't be around to defend himself. There are plenty of other people worth lynching and debating over him right now.
In post 486, Rels wrote:
In post 454, hapahauli wrote:
Fitz
still is probably my second strongest read. I did not like his "wall-o-text" catchup post in the least bit.
It's like he made it intentionally super hard to read,
while criticizing OoO's wall for being hard-to-read.

Though two things give me pause (and have me wanting KidAmn dead first):
1) Multiple people have been complaining about OoO's post-length, which makes it possible that being anti-wall-of-text is some standard mafiascum meta thing.
2) I've seen townies do the "post while catching up wall-of-text" before, and they always read as very awkward/scummy to me.

I think there's a chance that Fitz is just a really awkward poster. Not a large chance, but certainly more of a chance than KidAmn.
The bolded is weird. Why would Fitz do something obviously bad ?
About 1), didn't you say you already played in this forum ? Why are you not aware of that ?
Regarding Fitz, I didn't explain that very well. I say "intentionally designed to look bad" more to illustrate a point. The post is so comically hard to read and get anything useful out of, that he may as well have designed it to look bad.

Regarding "having played on the forum before"... my game history here is pretty unconventional. The only full game I've played here (started beginning of Day 1) happened a few years ago. Don't remember that game too much. Other than that, I've replaced in a few games here over the last few months. All those games were town, and actually no one had any problems with me bombing walls-of-text. This is the first game I've seen the anti wall of text thing mentioned, but given how many players have mentioned it so far, I'm thinking it could be a meta think I haven't been exposed to until now.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Fuck me sideways. I'm starting to doubt Fitz.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 506, hapahauli wrote:This is the first game I've seen the anti wall of text thing mentioned, but given how many players have mentioned it so far, I'm thinking it could be a meta think I haven't been exposed to until now.
I don't think (though could be wrong) that "
big walls of text = scum
" is a very common thought process here. I for one don't gravitate towards that mindset. Younger Aubrey walled the shit outa his games as town.

Huge walls of text is kinda frowned upon though. Like the one Fitz posted. Like holy shit, condense your thoughts a bit. I shouldn't have to go through ALL OF THAT just to locate every little thing that he asked me, when you can just group all your thoughts on a player in one specific area of a post. That is where editing needs to be considered before posting.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by hapahauli »

In post 508, Aubrey wrote:
In post 506, hapahauli wrote:This is the first game I've seen the anti wall of text thing mentioned, but given how many players have mentioned it so far, I'm thinking it could be a meta think I haven't been exposed to until now.
I don't think (though could be wrong) that "
big walls of text = scum
" is a very common thought process here. I for one don't gravitate towards that mindset. Younger Aubrey walled the shit outa his games as town.
It's more the "
big walls of text = anti-town / annoying
" mentality that I'm getting at.
Anyway, I don't want to get in the mindset of defending Fitz. I think he's mafia. I super regret posting the "margin of error" on my read, because that's all that people latched onto.

There are a couple of good cases in the thread right now. I think the town should be moving towards consolidating on one of Fitz/Kop/KidAmn.
Huge walls of text is kinda frowned upon though. Like the one Fitz posted. Like holy shit, condense your thoughts a bit. I shouldn't have to go through ALL OF THAT just to locate every little thing that he asked me, when you can just group all your thoughts on a player in one specific area of a post. That is where editing needs to be considered before posting.
What updates on Fitz? Also, what do you make of KidAmn and Kop? I haven't heard you talk much about them in a while. I'd like your comments on my case in particular.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I'm dealing with his novel as we speak. Then I'll do some re-reading on everything else cause i've still only skimmed it all quickly after work and before eating. I seriously doubt I'm going to get into detail about all the other stuff though tonight. I'm pretty damn wore out. I don't even remember your case off top my head. You, Reels, and OOO sometimes make my head swim and go :? :neutral:.

I actually need to take a good look at you at some point in my life.

--

I will say this

I town leaned Kid originally cause I actually liked his push on Creature. Not because I aggreed with it (cause I know creatures meta a bit), but rather because I liked how he was considering the read. I on the other hand don't care for the lack of posting or agitation he brings to the table at times. He however isn't my top concern, and someone who I think can maybe move into tomorrow's phase.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 507, Aubrey wrote:Fuck me sideways. I'm starting to doubt Fitz.
You're voting him. Are you just now starting to scumread him, or are you starting to doubt your scumread on him? Either way, why?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Aubrey »

IM GOING IN!!!!!!!!

--
In post 468, havingfitz wrote:
- Annnnd hapa lays a vote on me in agreement w/ Aubrey's vote/suspicions towards me. Accusing my questions (there were 4) of being unproductive. WTF? I disagree. Trying to figure out why Creature had an initial scum read on Aubrey is not pointless. Asking if outoforder minds an abbreviated name and trying to better understand the TLM dynamic we have going on in this game is not pointless. Trying to understand wtf Creature was talking about is not pointless. All of these in the first 2 pages of the game. What hard hitting questions did you (or anyone) expect? What is pointless is Aubrey's "pinging" vote on me and your hopping aboard in agreement.
Spoiler:
We've been over this already. Your questing didn't read as super productive to me at a glance nor my reread. Those were questions I immediately thought, "
Holy shit this looks like questions I pose when I want to seem engaging as scum.
" Naturally I'm going to cringe and become suspicious right out the gate.

We were in the like first 24-48 hrs. Did you really expect Creature to have a decent scum read by then? Hell no! Followed up with pushing him to say
annnnythiiing
. Yuck Yuck. I'd totally do that as scum in a heartbeat to show "
I care about the town.
" Then those god forsaken eclipses to show hesitation. Just gave me that added :roll: to it.

I didn't care what site OOO was getting his RVS meta read from. I didn't see this as important intel to know. Early on, I think it was obvious the trio of them were friends from another site. Clearly he played with him before, knew his meta and would be able to produce a game to prove it, what else is there to know.

Creature talks about being bored or boring players "
There
". I Immediately didn't care about whatever he was talking about, but guess who pops right up instantly to inquire about his vagueness. You! :roll: Like the game had JUST started. Who cares if he is bored and is referencing the game. Who cares if he is bored referencing another game. It didn't matter. Completely didn't matter at all, and the intel wouldn't really matter.

Then you ask the most obvious question to Doom. Post . We can all see Doom is in fact asking permission to push a topic later. You said later you had reasons for asking the question, but clearly that "reasoning" should have been included in the original post and not needed to be explained to everyone. I doubt even Doom knew what you were implying.

All of this reeked to me as scum
trying to seem
interested and protown. I wasn't expecting hard hitting questions, but I sure as hell didn't expecting constant pointless questions imo either. Had you just asked Creature to expand on his thoughts regarding myself, I may have just waved it off.

- Pointless question example. OoO must be scum. /sarcasm
GOODIE!!! You found 1. Push it till the rope is around his neck! This is exactly the sort of content that makes me doubt you're scum. /sarcasm. At least this question can give him some idea of what to expect from me, which is something to begin working with for himself.
In post 468, havingfitz wrote: Doom's reading people's wiki's looking for stuff. That's townish IMO.
Look at chu basically agreeing with your scum read (me). :] Memory serves you'll bitch about his voting later too (just like me) in this post.
In post 468, havingfitz wrote: - Is this a helpful question Aubrey?
LMAO. STREEEEEEEEEEEETCH IT DUDE. Clearly I'm being purposely silly before getting into my serious accusation that is later retracted (though at the time I still felt as if it had some relevance since she wasn't being too active at that time even though I retracted it).

Like seriously. What in the hell were you hoping to gain with this point Fitz? This just reads as someone who is offended, and just looking for any little thing to try and throw back in someone's face.
In post 468, havingfitz wrote: So you don't feel able to give a "grand elaborate explanation" of your suspicions towards me at this early stage of the game yet you are willing to place and park your vote on me for asking proactive questions at an even earlier stage of the game. Fact is you keep asserting my questions were pointless and they clearly are not. Especially for such an early point in the game.
I feel as if I've already addressed most of this. Mostly your "
Proactive
" questioning.

No, at the time I didn't feel like giving you some grand explanation because it would have been that long ass explanation above. I see my condensed version was to no avail. Hapa illustrated it after I attempted to even better anyways.

Any who, Yes I was willing to park myself where I was. My feelings/thoughts hadn't left regarding you, and you were no where to be seen until recently. I didn't see much point in unvoting due to that. I was actually shocked that your wagon remained relatively light in votes overall. This is one of the reasons I was pushing so hard for voting in general. Had your "
wagon
" built like wildfire with votes, I would have been off it in a absolute second.
But it didn't happen
, nor has it really. You seemed to me a good spot for scum to possibly anchor and magnetize onto if you were town, and I was hoping (if not kinda expecting) a wildfire moment in order to have a movement to process.
- @Aubrey, this post comes off as non-committal scum.
I addressed this above. Holy shit I'm tired. Don't you ever make a post like this again Fitz. Condense your thoughts or organize your thoughts. Combing through this in order to quote properly is the biggest pain in the arse. I'll straight up ignore engaging with you if I have to do this again.
In post 468, havingfitz wrote: - Aubrey one of the most town read players in games he is scum. Self meta. Seems to be the case in this game iirc.
I'm usually universally townread regardless of alignment it seems imo. By all means. comb through my scum games I posted, and you can go through my other games via the topics on my profile and see some of my town games there.

lastly, this point just seems to be another poor attempt to put any sort of dirt on me as possible. This is about as strong as you bringing up my silly question without regard to the context that followed it. You're basically saying: "
Omg you say you are townread as scum, well what are you being read as here. HEH! Got you sucker
" :roll: Please. You just seem out for blood at this point in my eyes.
- @Aubrey...
if you were town...how would scum ever be able to cause you to doubt yourself? You'd know your alignment! It's when scum cause the players who aren't you to doubt you that you have problems.

@Aubrey...you keep pressing individuals to get their votes in play.
Have you pressed OoO to vote yet?
I get this feeling a communication error or something occurred with part 1. Scum can make town doubt themselves. Example: Scum learns a particular townie finds X scummy while doing X a bit themselves (lets say lurking), so that scum decides to start doing the opposite of what the townie expects to be scummy later on. The scum has now made the townie possibly doubt their initial read on the slot."

Part 2: I pressed the whole general audience to vote. As players would begin posting (especially players with lower amounts of content) I would press them for a vote. See why in detail above as I've already explained. OOO has already made it clear that he is going to be the biggest annoyance of my life in placing a vote more than likely also.

--

WHOO. Done with that post.

To go into quick detail about my Fitz doubts, I doubted my Fitz read for a moment because I thought it more likely for scum to just townread me like the majority of everyone else while trying to persuade me to move my vote off of them vs. actually trying to throw dirt on me. I'm still kinda like "eh" but I'm tired as shit now. I'll Deal with that and everything else another time. Gonna take a warm ass bath, and go to bed.

I'll do something with my vote later, if anything at all.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 511, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 507, Aubrey wrote:Fuck me sideways. I'm starting to doubt Fitz.
You're voting him. Are you just now starting to scumread him, or are you starting to doubt your scumread on him? Either way, why?
Doom. Clearly I'm saying I had a moment in doubting my scum read on him. Read the post above.

ZZZzzz
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In reflection, I can see where the confusion could come from Doom. My apologies if I sounded sharp. Now I'm officially out.
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:29 am

Post by Rels »

In post 442, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 405, Hawk wrote:
Moogin are you gonna give your read on Rels especially since Rels came in with some very nice aggressive scumhunting here? Can you give a read on Hapa as well while your at it since you said you didn't understand why people thought Hapa was scummy?
Well now I think rels is more town, no need to phrase it in the way you did. Looking from before the weekend and after the weekend makes a huge difference for rels. Like no I'm not going to think he's 100% but that was nice explanation for hapa for me.

The hardest thing to wrap my head around for hapa is the fact that they're looking to past games which I cannot look at? So no I still don't see scum hapa but I also don't see town hapa.
Yo. I think you're very focus on a little part of the game. And that annoys me.
What did you think of the Hapa comeback ?
What do you think of the current lynch candidates ? KidDamn, Kop, Frederick ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:36 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 515, Rels wrote:
In post 442, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 405, Hawk wrote:
Moogin are you gonna give your read on Rels especially since Rels came in with some very nice aggressive scumhunting here? Can you give a read on Hapa as well while your at it since you said you didn't understand why people thought Hapa was scummy?
Well now I think rels is more town, no need to phrase it in the way you did. Looking from before the weekend and after the weekend makes a huge difference for rels. Like no I'm not going to think he's 100% but that was nice explanation for hapa for me.

The hardest thing to wrap my head around for hapa is the fact that they're looking to past games which I cannot look at? So no I still don't see scum hapa but I also don't see town hapa.
Yo. I think you're very focus on a little part of the game. And that annoys me.
What did you think of the Hapa comeback ?
What do you think of the current lynch candidates ? KidDamn, Kop, Frederick ?
I mean I haven't posted since all those walls of text appeared and someone asked me about that previously so I responded? If I said the same thing AFTER hapa responded then that would be significant but dude....gimme some time here there's a lot of stuff to read
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:36 am

Post by Kop »

In post 437, Aubrey wrote:Because he townreads me for playing differently than I played previously as scum. still in disagreement.
Well to be totally honest, your game this time round is different to what I seen from the last game we played. You just need to look at the difference in tone, and composure compared to the last one.
In post 440, outoforder wrote:Actually there is one thing that bothers me about Kop now that i read his filter again.

Kop do you want to clarify the following statement you gave me at early on in the game:
There are no certainties of who is scum unless we have guilty or a scum claim. Votes on a wagon of someone you suspect gets far more answers than just sitting on your hands until you find someone who's willing, to put there hands up and say "hey I'm scum." Or even starting up a voting process on one of your top suspects.
Now if you believe what you originally wrote in the quote above, how come is it so that your vote hasn't EVER been on anyone in this game except for RVS?
I believe in that statement that I wrote, my vote hasn't been on anyone else other than RVS because I really need to catch up, and I've been lacking on time past few days, However, I am getting up to some free time then I'll reread again and I'll put my vote on someone useful.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:30 am

Post by Aubrey »

You misunderstand me Kop. I'm personally aware of the difference between my town and scum play. You noticing it however doesn't make me think you are town alone though. I don't see it as AI exactly. That is why I disagree with the town lean given to you, because that is what OOO is baseing it on.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:45 am

Post by Aubrey »

I'm willing to relent on the whole buddying back and forth we had. You said it was in jess, and I didn't feel like it was, but I think your comment with "no" and the angel emoji is where I should have registered it.

I'm still not satisfied with your play. Excited for that catch up.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Kop »

In post 342, Aubrey wrote:I remain undecided and wary of Kop. Scum can easily townread me for the reasons he has provided, and in my eyes it is hardly AI.

--

This game will seriously get a hell of a lot more interesting once some wagons form. As of right now, we are in a fog. That is in part because people are not voting or talking. Or they talk about voting and are to scared to actually commit. Personally I'm at the point where I think you, myself, and Doom need to take a step back from taking initiative, and force the rest of the town to actually begin stepping up to the plate. We've done our share of talking and hunting. Time for the others to do the same.
Yes I am aware it's easy for scum to throw out town reads. However I'm not throwing it out to appease people, I'm basing it over the overall style within this game compared to your last game. If this style of yours portrayed the one you played in 664 then I'd be wary of you.
In post 356, Hawk wrote:
In post 355, doomfeathers wrote:Moogin has not posted much, but her posts have made more sense, as if she's actually paying attention to what's going on.

Now that I think about it, though, if she's paying attention while lurking, that would be something scum might well do. I'll keep that in mind.

Moogin, Kop, and FEC ping me for similar reasons

Doom pinged me because he could be oppurtunistically looking here. Bothers me more he ignored Moogin for similar reasons to SR Kop or FEC.

VOTE: Moogin

You're not off my radar Doom -_-; But I want more from Moogin.

Kop feels off to me. His posts haven't been the most towny for me. The post about Aubry FWIW not burning him even if it's just RVS might be a slip indicating he knows that he and Aubrey are opposed. I don't really think so. The thing about buddying bothers me too because the post doesn't read like a jest at first glance but Kop explanation kinda makes sense?
Your last bit isn't a slip, it's a random comment that shouldn't mean anything in RVS. I've said things in similar jest in previous games, like in 664 I called Spade obvious scum in my first post with a vote, Spade hadn't even posted.
In post 401, Rels wrote:There are two reasons Hapa is scum. They come down to the fact that Hapa is a wonderful town player and a lackluster scum player. A few years back on TL Hapa was considered one of the best own around, and it is because he KNOWS how to see motives behind post. He sees logic thought process and illogical one.

This game, he has not shown that. He has been bland. Asking questions. Defending himself. All of it is bland, nothing is smart. That is why he's scum.

Furthermore, but only rayn can assest to that; last game the same thing kinda happened. For 24 hours Hapa was bland, and I pressured him. He woke up and showed two things : smart posts on one end, and genuine frustration feelings on the other. He was feeling bad at the fact that he was playing bad and that he was being scumlread. THere, after rayn, I and others pressured him, nothing of that.

So he's scum. The plus side is that if he's not scum he will wake up like the town god he is.
I understand that you may have played along with Hapa over on another site, and know his game play. However I don't think you can say with such confidence he is scum based on this, if you portray my game style on here, and compare it to how I play on my other site I play on, then your seeing two different players. Over on this site, it's a lot different compared to my other site, and it's different styled players so takes a bit of getting used to, to move my style from over there to here.

Meta is a powerful tool to use, but I wouldn't use it to be all end all.
In post 405, Hawk wrote:I'm not usually convinced by Meta posts and reasonings mostly because I think Meta isn't Alignment indicative. But it might also be my inexperience on forum Mafia so I don't go digging super hard on past games.

Hapa's on VLA I guess still so I'll wait until he at least comes back before dropping a 3rd vote on his wagon.
I can agree with your first statement.
In post 406, Rels wrote:Kops's filter is horrible too.

1. Most of it is useless stuff.

But not the townie kind of useless stuff. Not the "I-dont-care-about-others" posts. No, useless-but-still-trying-to-look-useful kind.
In post 18, Kop wrote:
In post 16, outoforder wrote:Hey Rels, when you're around, let me know what you think of the MooginSoosy post.
What do you think of that post?
Useless question that have no follow up.
In post 125, Kop wrote:
In post 79, outoforder wrote:
In post 73, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 9, Creature wrote: This is MafiaScum. Vote away. If you're not voting, you'll likely be viewed as hesitant scum.
I don't care. I vote when i actually am fairly certain someone is scum. If people wanna paint it as hesitant scum then they do. ^^
I see votes as "i am trying to lynch this person i think is mafia", not as "i voted for random person" or "reaction test" or whatever... It just is confusing imo. Keep it simple, that's what i like to do regarding votes. I believe that way scum have no outs from their votes, as if you vote you only vote for one reason and one reason only and you can never say "well i actually didn't think that guy was scum after all at the time".
There are no certainties of who is scum unless we have guilty or a scum claim. Votes on a wagon of someone you suspect gets far more answers than just sitting on your hands until you find someone who's willing, to put there hands up and say "hey I'm scum." Or even starting up a voting process on one of your top suspects.
In post 264, Kop wrote:Look at that buddying.
In post 293, Kop wrote:I don't really like giant walls because scum sometimes use that to scare off potential suspects.
In post 304, Kop wrote:Not being able to read someone simply because they are hard to read doest make them scum.
2. His ONE scumread is bad, he's not voting him, he's not pressuring him.

This one:
In post 242, Kop wrote:
In post 210, doomfeathers wrote:Fitz looks townie to me. This scares me, because I townread him for playing exactly the same last game. He was scum.
In post 218, doomfeathers wrote:Also, there's nobody here who isn't a plausible wagonee, so literally any vote could be seen that way.

If you're referring to my jumpy voting, I do that at the beginning of every game. I can provide references if you wish. I find it helpful to know how people respond when I vote for them.

Pedit: Okay, then. That's been the case in the past sometimes, now that I think about it. He'll need to get involved soon to avoid the prod anyway.

VOTE: havingfitz
Your vote doesn't make any sense. Why would you say he looks townie, but then vote for him a few posts after. I understand you said that he was like that in the previous game but turned out to be scum, so you have paranoia that it could be another turn out like that, but is that the only reason your suspecting him?

Because in reality, your vote doesn't have a case or is backed up with any questions towards fitz to answer too. It feels to me that you were questioned about your previous vote on a needless slot right now, to someone that could appear needing pressure. And that is backed up by you asking Aubrey for her thoughts on Fitz, as if your trying to push Aubrey into Fitz direction.
First, this reasonning doesn't make anyone scum. Town are way more likely to flip flop their read on someone than scum. The inquisitive tone in the last paragraph is also not in phase with Kop's actions: he's not voting doom, he's not talking to him even though he's STILL HERE when doom comes back.
This post is after he explained why he scumread doom; after he agreed with Aubrey that doom was scummy; and after doom came back to the thread. But he doesn't do anything with him and leave the thread.

--

Yeah. Probably scum.
Your first comment about not following it up, apparently this phrase wasn't towards me and wouldn't indulge in this information until the person he aimed it at, responded. From what I remember of my post towards that.

Second comment about Doom, I didn't scum read Doom, nor did I say that I scum read doom. What's
this post
got to do with it? That says nothing about me scum reading Doom. I didn't agree about his vote and how he portrayed it, it just didn't make sense, however I haven't revisited that section yet and will do so.
In post 408, Rels wrote:On the minus side she had a a pretty bad re-entrance to the thread. She even acknolodged it herself, but acknowledging it doesn't make it any less scummier. She declared three tentative townreads on OOO (rayn in the above posts, sorry, will try to call him OOO) Creature on I, all of 3 we townread each other, probably some easy reads to copy for a scum when reading the thread and thinking about how to blend in.
Then she has to be forced to give a scumread, and it's lackluster.

On the plus side, after that she shows some change on these townreads. Like she does'tn know what to do. it feels town.

On another minus side she's focusing a LOT of these 4 players: doom OOO creature and I. Like she's kinda ignoring what's happening on the side. And it's a scum trait usually.
We agree on something. And that is one of the reasons I picked out, he/she was pressed into giving reads and those 3 were picked out fairly quickly because at the time, that was where most people were at. It's reasonable to do that from a Scums POV because it appeals to people and doesn't create ripples.
In post 422, Rels wrote:
In post 421, Aubrey wrote: I know your going to complain when I ask this, but why are you scum reading Frederick again? Because if memory serves me correctly, it was due to him missing content or something before posting? If he is going through a shitty time, it is understandable to think that maybe he isn't putting his all into the game, or is heavily distracted due to the shit. Hence the replace out. He seriously should be put back to a null position in your reads vs. scum read if that is the case. For example: If he lost his job, going through a rough patch with family, has depression issues, school is kicking his ass, etc. it is understandable for lousy town or scum play.
First, I disagree that we should null read Fred because he feels bad and is replacing out. It might be the best fair way to treat his slot, but the game is about finding scum, so I'll use any information available.
What Fred did was:
1. don't do anything for several days, excuse: he was busy preparing his Dad's birthday. No problem there.
2. his first meaningful post is asking about something that happens post 36. BUT the answer is in post 37.
3. OOO calls him out on that
4. he gives an excuse that don't mean anything, then replaces out

2 things.
First, step 2 is scummy. He looks like scum that KNOWS he needs to start becoming active to not get lynched at some point. And the best way to look active is to ask pointless question that looks good. The problem is that this question don't try to push the game forward. It's a indicator of him being scum. In addition, the answer was LITERALLY in the next post. It shows that Frederick cared more about appearing active than solving the game.

Second, step 4 is scummy. That might be not fair. But Frederick made a blunder; got pressured by OOO; and replaced out. He didn't replace out of nowhere; he replaced specifically after being pressured. More likely coming from scum than town.

--

Now it is not slam dunk scum. It's still D1. It's possible he's town and played badly. But it's more likely he's scum.
I can agree with this, but I'd like to see his replacement and how he picks up that slot from this. I have seen scum replace out when they feel that they've been caught and don't have anything to get them out of the mess. This however isn't concrete for Frederick, his explanation is plausible. (Do hope everything is ok and works out for you FTR).
In post 465, doomfeathers wrote:@Kop: For the record, I never said I thought havingfitz was town. I said he appeared townish to me in the same way that he appeared townish to me last game, when he was scum.
Yes I agree you never said he was town, I didn't say you did town read him. I made the point why would you vote someone purely looking townie, that was my point. Yes it may be paranoia kicking in because of the previous game you and fitz played before, but your vote didn't contain anything for fitz to answer too, to go along with the weird stance you took before that vote.
In post 518, Aubrey wrote:You misunderstand me Kop. I'm personally aware of the difference between my town and scum play. You noticing it however doesn't make me think you are town alone though. I don't see it as AI exactly. That is why I disagree with the town lean given to you, because that is what OOO is baseing it on.
Obviously you would be aware of your styles of play, other people won't be so.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Creature »

Yeah, guess Kop is town.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Creature »

Yet, again Aubrey + Kop + outoforder + Rels + doomfeathers + me isn't enough to solve the game.
Sigh
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

@Rels...I've never seen someone not able to get replaced. it could take a few days but I do not see the mod doing anything to that slot.

Speaking of the mod...he hasn't logged in since Monday so he may have already got some offers to replace Fred.

And a votecount would be nice mod...

@Rels...when I read a game and see posts that have me nodding in agreement or feel as though they are like minded to what I am thinking I typically assign a town read to that person. I have seen more posts like that from KidAdm than I haven't. My two catch up walls should point to several Kid posts that I got a good feel from.

As the game progresses and we get flips...and more content is provided my reads are of course subject to change. As an example...I like Kop for the same reasons as I do Kid. But I think your post /case towards Kop has some good observations. So while I would not be interested in a Kop lynch atm over the players I find more suspect...I would say you have tarnished my read on him slightly. Also...the fact that two of my townreads are voting him (Kop) is annoying.

As for the players I do suspect...it is a tossup between the three of them.

I haven't like Aubrey for much of this game because of his lazy perch on me. When I am town, players who are coming at me are naturally going to warrant my attention (OMGUS bedamned). And while I can respect suspicions towards me if I think they are genuine, Aubrey however has been parked on me the entire game for extremely weak (and misplaced) reasons. I also think there is a good chance that at least one scum is a more active player who will try to push the game to meet their agenda vice sitting back and hoping things work out their way. Aubrey fits this line of thought. And the fact that he is generally being town read afaict makes no difference, even in his own opinion. That said...I do not think an Aubrey vote would not gain traction.

Creature is suspect because he is all over the place. He entered the game very reluctant to provide any legitimate responses and/or blew off questions. He has expressed a willingness to vote "almost" anyone. His flips in opinion on me (and his buddy Aubrey) have come seemingly out of nowhere and I fail to see any pro-town content coming from him.

hapa is suspect because 1) a town read for me (Rel) and a TBD for me but generally townread OoO both appear extremely confident in their suspicions of hapa. For more gut I would say than solid fact but familiarity does deserve consideration. I also really dislike the way hapa eased on to my wagon in support of the Aubrey (crap) suspicions towards me and then seemed to backtrack on the crux of Aubrey's case (my questions) and say it wasn't any particular questions more so than that multiple people had issue with them. Oh...and that I ironically warned OoO against wall posting in my wall post.

I think I weigh all of my suspects about the same...but I think hapa has the best chance of being the D1 lynch. My alternative to hapa would probably be Creature.

VOTE: hapahauli
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:18 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 512, Aubrey wrote:Then you ask the most obvious question to Doom. Post . We can all see Doom is in fact asking permission to push a topic later. You said later you had reasons for asking the question, but clearly that "reasoning" should have been included in the original post and not needed to be explained to everyone. I doubt even Doom knew what you were implying.
Yeah, I knew. He was criticizing my agreeing to wait until later to ask. I still don't know why. Other than that, I think I agree with most of your points on havingfitz, and would probably consider him a lynch option today.

(Note that I am holding no hard feelings from last game, fitz. You got me good. I appreciate the chance to play with you again. I just think you might be scum.)

Can anyone else confirm that Aubrey tends to be widely townread regardless of alignment? If so, it would seem that the best method of reading him is PoE.

Return to “Completed Open Games”