Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 423, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't have time to give a proper response to SBF yet but the thing I hate about both their substantiated push/posts on me is that it seems like they're both built on axiomatically assuming that I'm scum first, then prescribing scum motive to everything I do, and then many underhanded attempts to dictate/control my behavior and frame me in a box where anything I do is scummy.
this is my problem w/ 1v1s / long cases in general in that the longer they go on the greater the perceptions of the people arguing become skewed from the rest of the game

i find it pretty safe to assume you two are probably not S-S, but other than that i'm kinda focusing elsewhere (although i'm trying to read every word)
beefycheese
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 394, Fro99er wrote:
In post 306, GuiltyLion wrote:Lowell doesn't operate in null reads and uncertainty.
Can you explain this?

I'm assuming this is a meta-based read.
Yeah, I played two games with Lowell previously (High Risk High Reward and One Night Ultimate Werewolf (not really mafia)), and in neither of them did Lowell ever say something was null or he could understand null reads, he always came out strong in every post. He actually called me "opportunistic" in HRHR too, but moved off onto actual scum shortly after
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

That's kind of a weird angle imo
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

he could squint and see null = "he could understand someone having a null read on that person with the iso that had been presented"

coming out strong doesn't mean can't allow for others null reading a thing
beefycheese
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 428, borkjerfkin wrote:he could squint and see null = "he could understand someone having a null read on that person with the iso that had been presented"
yeah Lowell also made this point as well, I misread it at the time and thought he was saying he could see me as null himself
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

does that color your read at all?
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 420, Eddie Cane wrote:this is about where I'm at rn, towniest top scummiest bottom

bork

sbf (came back from being idle with a vengeance)

bella

Lowell

GuiltyLion
tttt

frogger
sobolev

nobody has stuck out as super scummy to me which is strange. I'm locking bork as town so if he's scum he should keep me around for an easy lylo win. I'm going to go back and review isos tomorrow when I have time. particularly, I want to look at Lowell (who everyone is scum reading but I'm not buying), and frogger/bella interactions. I'll probably also cross check some bella stuff. I do not like how frequently frogger speaks to bella, especially since I regard her as fairly townie. I definitely have to analyze tomorrow when I'm less tired, because there's nobody I scum read enough to want to vote and that is
really
weird for me.
bork, what are your thoughts on this?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Still busy but wanted to comment on this:
In post 397, Fro99er wrote:Not sure this has to be a 1v1 but I kinda think this might actually be towny from Lowell. Scum typically don't show this bravado around a 1v1 unless it's with their scumbuddy for scum theater.
I had the same initial impression of this post but given the aftermath I'm not so sure. He made the post with 7(?) days left until deadline so I think an experienced scum would be able to read the mood and figure that town wasn't going to immediately pick sides.

Unsure what to make of Lowell's recent posts which repeat the sentiment however.

Will come back with more thoughts tomorrow.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

@eddie: I understand your sobolev read even if I think we need to work through that a bit more; why is frogger scum?

Everything else I don't take any major issues with, even your null-lowell.
beefycheese
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 430, borkjerfkin wrote:does that color your read at all?
I still think it was a strange thing to say, but less strange than if he were calling me null directly. Still scumreading him because I don't even understand why he is scumreading me and his open declaration that he won't re-evaluate seems more like angling for my mislynch rather than trying to gain information from his push.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like I do want to try to revisit SBF's posts again with a cooler head later because at the very least she is giving reasons for pushing on me that I can try to understand. Lowell has no substance behind his push at all.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 433, borkjerfkin wrote:@eddie: I understand your sobolev read even if I think we need to work through that a bit more; why is frogger scum?

I'll answer this tomorrow more in depth when I have energy. I do not like his replies to me nor his posting as a whole.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 420, Eddie Cane wrote:I'm locking bork as town so if he's scum he should keep me around for an easy lylo win.
@frogger; seriously every time i read something from eddie he sneaks something like this in and, yes, i'm making gut judgments here because i think it's just giving me the most fruit here, but i think this is just a weird mindset for scum to have. if he's playing me he's playing me but as said i don't think he is
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 420, Eddie Cane wrote:this is about where I'm at rn, towniest top scummiest bottom

bork

sbf (came back from being idle with a vengeance)

bella

Lowell

GuiltyLion
tttt

frogger
sobolev

nobody has stuck out as super scummy to me which is strange. I'm locking bork as town so if he's scum he should keep me around for an easy lylo win. I'm going to go back and review isos tomorrow when I have time. particularly, I want to look at Lowell (who everyone is scum reading but I'm not buying), and frogger/bella interactions. I'll probably also cross check some bella stuff. I do not like how frequently frogger speaks to bella, especially since I regard her as fairly townie. I definitely have to analyze tomorrow when I'm less tired, because there's nobody I scum read enough to want to vote and that is
really
weird for me.

Why aren't you pushing me? Where did your scum read of me come from? You haven't yet pushed me at all.

I don't believe you actually think i'm scum.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

posts like that are exactly why. I literally just said why I wasn't pushing you; "nobody has struck me as super scummy", "ill answer this tomorrow in depth". you cherry pick and neglect to read.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 420, Eddie Cane wrote:I do not like how frequently frogger speaks to bella, especially since I regard her as fairly townie.
What part of "she's my best friend on this site" do you not understand? Why is it a problem for me to speak to Bella while I'm trying to figure her out? Why is it even more of a problem that i'm speaking to Bella because you townread her? Why exactly do you townread her?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 439, Eddie Cane wrote:posts like that are exactly why. I literally just said why I wasn't pushing you; "nobody has struck me as super scummy", "ill answer this tomorrow in depth". you cherry pick and neglect to read.
But you put me in the bottom tier of your list. I want to know why. It's not for my most recent post because you put me in the bottom tier before I made that post

Do you seriously think I'm neglecting to read? Seriously?!
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Fro99er »

VOTE: Eddie

I don't care if bork thinks he's not scum.

He's fucking scum.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 436, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 433, borkjerfkin wrote:@eddie: I understand your sobolev read even if I think we need to work through that a bit more; why is frogger scum?

I'll answer this tomorrow more in depth when I have energy. I do not like his replies to me nor his posting as a whole.
Fucking explain.

You were just able to reply to me
Heil King Froggo.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 400, Lowell wrote:@TTTT, it's a little weird how casually you town read me. You trying to pocket me, bro?
Isn't that what we planned in pre-game?

that early TR was overstated for effect
the recent TR was for reasons I can't remember without looking at my notes
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 419, borkjerfkin wrote: i am curious as to how hypothetical town-you expects town to interact with you this game
I don't see any reason to answer this unless I'm scum
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 445, TTTT wrote:
In post 419, borkjerfkin wrote: i am curious as to how hypothetical town-you expects town to interact with you this game
I don't see any reason to answer this unless I'm scum
This is a town reaction
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

firstly; I don't like your posting activity straight up. you come, spam some posts, disappear for a while. I get being busy irl isn't scum indicative but your post timing is just extremely inconsistent and it bothers me. just a gut level thing, but it's there and bothering me.

your interactions with bella are a HUGE amount of your posting and don't really amount to much. a seemingly strong scum read (140 for example) turns into a soft town read? dunno, it's definitely conceivable your read could change but your bella interactions are started by you for the most part and just so much of your posting. almost looks like it was intended to warm up to her and buddy her later on as seen in the beginning of 276 (really awkward wording) and 388.

that's a lot of wifom. but on the topic of wifom, I still think your wifom based argument on me was trash - my "callout" of you for your self wifom. we've gone over that and you had examples but I didn't exactly whip out a pitchfork and torch over it so I still don't like it.

your posting just really bothers me. 391 bothers me, 393 is reaching, 395 is misrepresenting (I did not say joking = scum... and joking is scummy if it takes away from the conversation away and brings the thread on an unhelpful tangent but that's off topic, and 405 just kinda seems off to me, as if it's intention was town cred, 406 does not bode well with me either and that tone seems like a form of ate in an indirect way (I can explain that if it doesn't make sense in that wording), and of course, 438.

There's no super strong solve here. frogger has ~decently~ constructive posts overall. however, noticing timestamps, it is weaker, and it all feels off to me. I've already said I have no super strong scum read, so I guess you're now my strongest as you look worse than Sobolev to me after reviewing.

VOTE: frogger
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 443, Fro99er wrote:
In post 436, Eddie Cane wrote:

Fucking explain.

You were just able to reply to me
there's a difference between having enough effort for a quick reply and for and case? Jesus you're dense. I had a burst of energy though so here you are.

also, for the record, I didn't view pedit and voted frogger before seeing he voted me, but I can't prove that so ah well doesn't matter.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Fro99er »

It's edgy and actually makes sense from town.

Only scum!TTTT would answer

Also scum TTTT would be giving in to him being a hypothetical town
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”