Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1343, Not Chara wrote:that Brian would openly defend me when two other players were doing that work for me?
he wasn't openly defending you tho
In post 652, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 272, Not Chara wrote:Superhans, you're an enigma and i can't
make
myself scumread you.
Why did you emphasize 'make' here?
In post 721, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 654, Not Chara wrote:emphasis on how much i cannot make myself scumread hans, perhaps? i don't know, how i typed it is how i felt it.
In post 658, Not Chara wrote:
In post 656, Vaxkiller wrote:How did you feel?
that i couldnt muster a scumread on hans. feels gut town.
This is what I thought you meant. I don't like the word 'make', because it sounds like you were trying to force yourself to read him a certain way, and I don't know why you would feel the need to do that. You deliberately drawing attention to it just makes it worse for me.

I don't know what from your posts gives Desp the impression that it's a scum stream of consciousness. When I read through your early posts, it didn't bother me that much. And your later posts, particularly the ones in response to the pressure on you, give me the impression of a townie speaking in my head (regardless of whether I agree with anything you've said).
In post 259, Not Chara wrote:
In post 47, Desperado wrote:chillin

wondering why you went straight to "lol you think we're partners????" when surely you knew it was multiball

kinda weird
In post 87, ThinkBig wrote:Well that was a quick change in vote from dunnestral. Yuck.
In post 99, Superhans wrote:*whispers seductively in your ear*
Do it baby, no one's watching
oh, right. i didn't like anything ThinkBig posted, that's what i was forgetting.
VOTE: ThinkBig
This bothered me as well. But I figured you probably hit the Q+ button a few times. You immediately responding to it makes me believe it wasn't intentional, and I agree that Desperado's post was probably the worst of the bunch, but only because I didn't like his explanation for it here. Thinkbig's post just looks like a kneejerk response that could easily be from either alignment and Super's post just looks like an obvious joke not to be taken seriously.
In post 842, Brian Skies wrote:I would lynch AJ before I would lynch Chara.
In post 851, Brian Skies wrote:The reason I would vote AJ before Chara is because I can see AJ being scum whiteknighting Chara regardless of her alignment.
In post 865, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 860, PeregrineV wrote:
Why's that? Like, what is the source of your townread on NotChara being stronger than your read on AJ?
My townread on Chara is not strong. I just think that if there's scum between the two, that it's possible that it's only AJ (or that AJ is not her partner). This is because AJ has spent most of his energy pushing suspicion on players voting his slot or chainsawing Chara.
In post 866, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 863, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 851, Brian Skies wrote:The reason I would vote AJ before Chara is because I can see AJ being scum whiteknighting Chara regardless of her alignment.

why does that same logic not apply to NotChara?

came before
Because Chara's post is not a strong defense of the Malachite slot, and I don't believe it was ever intended to be. AJ, on the other hand, is clearly hard defending Chara.
In post 871, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 868, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 865, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 860, PeregrineV wrote:
Why's that? Like, what is the source of your townread on NotChara being stronger than your read on AJ?
My townread on Chara is not strong. I just think that if there's scum between the two, that it's possible that it's only AJ (or that AJ is not her partner). This is because AJ has spent most of his energy pushing suspicion on players voting his slot or chainsawing Chara.
In post 866, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 863, PeregrineV wrote:

why does that same logic not apply to NotChara?

came before
Because Chara's post is not a strong defense of the Malachite slot, and I don't believe it was ever intended to be. AJ, on the other hand, is clearly hard defending Chara.
Maybe. But Aj's reason for townreading Chara, as dumb as it was, makes sense.
I have not seen the reverse.
I've only seen two mentions of Aj's slot in Chara's posting. The first was here where she said she thought our votes on the Malachite slot was weird. The second time was here where she indicated that she could see AJ as scum whiteknighting her.

AJ, on the other hand, has mentioned a strong townread or defended her on multiple occasions: 415, 427, 562, 584, 596, 601, 639, 641, 647, 849. 645 and 649 were deflections directly related to his townread on Chara. 708 was an attack on a player that voted Chara. 715 was a direct response to a question you posed to him about Chara. This means that 14/18 of his posts mentioned Chara or were related to his read on Chara in some way. None of his other posts indicate an interest in anything unrelated to her.

What about AJ's townread of Chara makes sense to you? Why do (did) you think there's a likely team between the two? And why does the bolded matter considering Chara has never stated a townread on AJ?
In post 1104, Brian Skies wrote:Aj has also continued his pattern of attacking players who scumread him or scumread Chara. He has since added in mild setup speculation.
In post 1112, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1109, Aj The Epic wrote:Look at you all setting up lynches. It's so adorable. I wouldn't have to focus on defending Chara so much if you wouldn't insist they're scum. And saying "Aj is only focusing on those who vote Chara" is kinda disingenuous because that's at least half the fucking game at some point or another, considering people like Brian Skiies only states "Vote AJ" anymore.
Well, I wouldn't be so focused on you if you learned a new trick. But since you apparently only know how to do three things, then yeah, you're scum.

The game is 40+ pages now. Surely you can do more than just attack people for their reads on you or Chara. I remember you entering the game with a comment about forced run-ups, but you never bothered to follow up on it. Did you even do it?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Desperado »

brian opens with a bullshit question to chara and then literally spends the entirety of d1 linking AJ to Chara "regardless" of Chara's alignment

@ zito: i don't really care if you don't understand it, i've explained it more than once. explaining it again isn't going to ~magically~ make you get it.
;)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1343, Not Chara wrote:VOTE: Papa Zito
i want to find the player on my wagon with the best shot pf acyually getting wagoned after me. this one is it.
why
does the roleblock claim stink, Zito? you used it as a springboard to vote off of, which i'm sure was convenient for you. what's my scum agenda in claiming that?

the only way this consensus wagon on me makes sense is if you all yhink i'm Brian's partner. what justifies that thinking? that Brian would openly defend me when two other players were doing that work for me?
In post 1344, Not Chara wrote:uh, no. predecessor. i replaced Lyon, you just said that. what does this mean?
It stinks because it was unprompted. You didn't get run up, you just opened the day with "oh hi I'm a power role" like this is good play or something. So I have to ask myself, "Self, why did this player decide to declare they were a power role in the thread?" Given the events of the night (a flipped scum + you were targeted by someone) and your previous day's play (weak/scummy) the best conclusion I could reach was that you were attempting to deflect suspicion away from yourself ("don't bug me guys I'm a PR").

FTR I don't need anything "convenient" to vote you. I'm not shy voting for people or pushing a lynch I believe in.

Also: Uh, no, partner. I've actually linked directly to the extremely odd shenanigans involving our flipped scum and your slot. I guess you aren't actually reading the game.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1351, Desperado wrote:@ zito: i don't really care if you don't understand it, i've explained it more than once. explaining it again isn't going to ~magically~ make you get it.
Link me to your explanations please.
Kappa
Just Monika
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Not Chara »

...maybe i oversold it. he was one of three in my head who weren't kneejerk scumreading me for flimsy reasoning. at the time it felt like he was pushing against the somewhat consensus SR on me.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1347, Not Chara wrote:the only player voting me i townread right now is Desperado.
why??????

this read didn't make sense in and it doesn't make sense now
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Desperado »

@ zito: iso me and ctrl+f boon

i honestly don't know how you don't know why i think he's scum??? i haven't been shy about it
;)
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Not Chara »

i don't think i can get my way out of this. i fucked up by claiming immediately. i actually did do it for the reasons Zito said. i knew i would be wagoned today, and when i got roleblocked i was frustrated beyond belief. i shouldn't have claimed.

there's too much bad play from my slot, enough that i don't think i want to spend the rest of the game defending it. i was hoping to give something useful coming into today, but either scum was trying to cross-roleblock and hit my scummy self instead, or town was trying to block scum and instead prevented me from doing my job.
can i claim now? you know Vax is itching to votw me, and i'd rather not wait for someone else to vote at one day remaining, when there isn't enough time to move.

Dunn, who's scum besides GiF? and Desperado, what about that post had Vifam town for you?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1355, Desperado wrote:
In post 1347, Not Chara wrote:the only player voting me i townread right now is Desperado.
why??????

this read didn't make sense in and it doesn't make sense now
oh right, you did ask this before. why the incredulity? you ooze town. i don't have specifics, you just look really town, from your approach and how your conclusions form. i don't like you reads but there's really nothing about you that has made me question the townread.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1356, Desperado wrote:@ zito: iso me and ctrl+f boon

i honestly don't know how you don't know why i think he's scum??? i haven't been shy about it
I don't know why you've decided to be a giant aggressive asshole today but sure.

Reading through your iso I see scattered potshots at boonskies for not living up to some sort of internal posting standard and you didn't like his reads list. Wow. How the fuck did I manage to miss this gem of a read.
Kappa
Just Monika
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Not Chara »

i have a meeting, i'll be back in a little over an hour.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1357, Not Chara wrote:can i claim now? you know Vax is itching to votw me, and i'd rather not wait for someone else to vote at one day remaining, when there isn't enough time to move.
Why acknowledge the lack of time and not be shy of claiming at the start of the day but suddenly start shuffling your feet about it now.

It looks like you just completely agreed with my read on your actions there so I'm curious why your vote is still on me.

Also why are you asking Desp questions when he's a solid townread?

Your play continues to make me ??? but fuck me maybe that's the norm these days and I'm just a stranger in a strange land.
Kappa
Just Monika
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Not Chara »

i'd like to point out my inactivity is not AI. Backstabber's mafia, modded by Titus, just ended, and i was just as inactive there. nothing to do with me being run up.
i couldn't bring it up before, obviously.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1357, Not Chara wrote:Dunn, who's scum besides GiF? and Desperado, what about that post had Vifam town for you?
another player mirroring my thoughts is a pretty rock solid towntell for me
;)
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1361, Papa Zito wrote:Also why are you asking Desp questions when he's a solid townread?
because i want to know if and why i'm wrong for not townreading Vifam.

my vote is still on you because i don't know.
VOTE: GiF

and i asked if i could claim now because i want there to still be time left in the day when i do, i already said that. and that claiming earlier was a mistake. i'm not thickheaded enough to repeat shitty actions that get me scumread a second time in the same game.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1359, Papa Zito wrote:

I don't know why you've decided to be a giant aggressive asshole today but sure.

Reading through your iso I see scattered potshots at boonskies for not living up to some sort of internal posting standard and you didn't like his reads list. Wow. How the fuck did I manage to miss this gem of a read.
didn't we already establish that you don't understand the read?

and i'm not being aggressive or an asshole, i just don't care to repeat myself in a text based game that has multiple tools at your disposal to answer your question
;)
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Not Chara »

we just lost Backstabber's for town and i think part of that was my not putting in enough effort. i found that out a few minutrs ago, hence the change of heart. when i get back i'll have a readslist.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Desperado »

like you didn't even ask me to rephrase or anything

you literally told me to link you to my previous posts

^not going to do that if prompted, ever
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1358, Not Chara wrote:oh right, you did ask this before. why the incredulity? you ooze town. i don't have specifics, you just look really town, from your approach and how your conclusions form. i don't like you reads but there's really nothing about you that has made me question the townread.
because you didn't like some of my posts, then i was on your d1 wagon but was ~magically~ town with no explanation and that read has survived to d2 because...? i just ooze town, apparently.

let's try it this way...why do i ooze town but zito is scum?
;)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1365, Desperado wrote:

and i'm not being aggressive or an asshole, i just don't care to repeat myself in a text based game that has multiple tools at your disposal to answer your question
There's nothing in your iso that answers my question. Nothing points to why you have such a hardon for boonskies and why he's hated and why he must die nownownow. The failure is on your part to communicate not on mine to understand. Being a dick and making words ~magical~ doesn't help your cause.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1364, Not Chara wrote:
In post 1361, Papa Zito wrote:Also why are you asking Desp questions when he's a solid townread?
because i want to know if and why i'm wrong for not townreading Vifam.
ok
and i asked if i could claim now because i want there to still be time left in the day when i do, i already said that. and that claiming earlier was a mistake. i'm not thickheaded enough to repeat shitty actions that get me scumread a second time in the same game.
Context matters.
Kappa
Just Monika
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1369, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1365, Desperado wrote:

There's nothing in your iso that answers my question. Nothing points to why you have such a hardon for boonskies and why he's hated and why he must die nownownow. The failure is on your part to communicate not on mine to understand. Being a dick and making words ~magical~ doesn't help your cause.
False, you just don't agree with why I have a hard on for boon. There's a difference. If me not feeling compelled to quote my own posts when you are perfectly capable of accessing them yourself makes me a dick then so be it.
;)
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Not Chara »

Desperado: i didn't like one of your posts early on, and mistakenly quoted it later. those three posts where i said i didn't like one of them the most. the rest of your play, i've liked.
Zito isn't obvious town because i'm a tone and intent reader, but Zito isn't the type of player i can read that way. i do think my vote on him wasn't justified, in hindsight.

i said i'd have a readslist, but i'm still out right now. i can play with mobile.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1371, Desperado wrote:False, you just don't agree with why I have a hard on for boon. There's a difference. If me not feeling compelled to quote my own posts when you are perfectly capable of accessing them yourself makes me a dick then so be it.
I certainly don't and you've done a terrific job of not convincing me of your case here. Have fun grandstanding instead of actually getting him lynched I guess!

P.S. I asked for a link :3
Kappa
Just Monika
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1341, Not Chara wrote:i'm not townreading Vifam anymore.
that's a mistake
i townread them for the same (wrong reasons) in Anime Upick 2. but Vax is still scum.
that's a really big mistake
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”