-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:50 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 248, mastina wrote:
In post 238, -Grey- wrote:which makes me believe it is more likely to be genuine instead of scum trying to keep their options open.
You and I have very different views of the gamestate, m'friend. Keeping options open is explicitly what oldwino has been doing and is a large part of the problem.
Yes. Explicitly.

Very explicitly.

Blatantly and unapologetically explicitly.

And I townread him for it.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Well you ought to start giving damns because the next step is for me to lynch you.

What's with the cheap townread you gave me? I don't have issues making genuine RVS posts and given how hard I fooled you and others in TTH's game I would expect you to give my scumgame a little more respect.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Like you basically flew in with MMM RC IS CONFTOWN over absolutely nothing then came up with two hard scumreads including one on OldWino who I townread so.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by -Grey- »

MMM RC IS CONFTOWN
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 242, mhsmith0 wrote:but then I kinda wonder if she might just be going for a bizarre play here or
just actually be super not good as scum
In a normal game I would go on a very long-winded rant about this--ridiculously long. Full wall of text, at least a screenwidth long, and it would not be pretty.

Instead, I will link to a few of the quite numerous sources that would suggest VERY strongly to the contrary. (And note that's an incomplete list.)

Suffice to say:
no
. I am not "super not good as scum". I'm better at scumplay than I am at townplay.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 251, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well you ought to start giving damns because the next step is for me to lynch you.
And I should be quaking in my boots about this, why?

I already think my wagon has two scum on it.

Why would I fear your L-1 vote? Because of the risk of a newbie derphammering?

Go on. Vote me. I literally give zero fucks about your stance on me. You are wrong. I don't care that you're wrong. You're not going to lynch me.
What's with the cheap townread you gave me?
It aint cheap, it's accurate. You are town. I am reading you as town. You don't like that, tough. I don't care. Because you are town, and I am town, and that's all that matters to me. I don't care about your opinion of me townreading you.
and given how hard I fooled you and others in TTH's game I would expect you to give my scumgame a little more respect.
Given how I wasn't playing that game: not really, no. I respect your scumgame about as much as I respect that of any other established veteran: it exists. It is something that is respectable. It may even be a don corelone nomination. It is not impenetrable, nor is it impossible to discern from a towngame. You are not special. You are just another player to me. Nothing less, sure, but also nothing more. And this game, you are town. It's really that simple.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 252, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like you basically flew in with MMM RC IS CONFTOWN over absolutely nothing then came up with two hard scumreads including one on OldWino who I townread so.
Oi. Not so.

I came in with two soft scumreads (both of which have changed to unspecified reads which I have asked to be guessed at, with nobody yet to take me up on the offer), and one hard scumread.

Makes all the difference in the world!
Ulti
Ulti
Townie
Ulti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Ulti »

VOTE: mastina
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1, PenguinPower wrote:
Spoiler: Player Rules/Voting
1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
2. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
Vote: Player
). I much prefer VOTE: Vote Tags. Please use them.
3. Unvotes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
Unvote: Player or Unvote
). Unvotes are helpful, but not required. I will love you if you use them.
4. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority (as described above) of No Lynch votes will result in a No Lynch and a move to the Night phase.
5. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see. Do this.
6. Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will also not be counted.
7. Votes that misspell or have other minor errors will be counted as normal as long as I understand what you are getting at.
8. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate. Tough.
9. When a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the Mod posts a death scene; all players may continue to post.
10. If you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for
one
brief “Bah!”-type post that contains that must contain a cute image of a Penguin.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 257, Ulti wrote:VOTE: mastina
Read the rules.

Also, why mastina?
---
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

UNVOTE:
Not really ready for a day end or a derphammer just yet.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.08

mastina
(2): oldwino, DogWatch
oldwino
(2): aa-dono, mastina
-Grey-
(1): RadiantCowbells
aa-dono
(1): -Grey-

Not Voting
: JustDanceWorld, Ulti, mhsmith0
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-03-15 06:05:00)
Last edited by PenguinPower on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<(") | (")>
Ulti
Ulti
Townie
Ulti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Ulti »

I didnt know how to vote sorry
I voted them because I have a feeling they are bad and because rather than trying to defend themself they are posting things like "frankly i dont give a damn" and town members should be trying harder than that
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Code: Select all

[vote]Name[/vote]

For
VOTE: Name
---
Ulti
Ulti
Townie
Ulti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Ulti »

VOTE: mastinaVOTE:
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by -Grey- »

You forgot the slash in the second bracket.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by -Grey- »

mastina,

I get the unmistakeable feeling that you are scumreading both mhsmith0 and oldwino.

This doesn't jibe with me, because mhsmith0 and oldwino are both voting you.

Now if this were, say, aa-domo and oldwino you were scumreading together that were both voting you, I would consider it plausible.

But I don't buy for a second that both members of the scumteam would be voting you together so early in d1 when one of those alleged scum are experienced.

That's besides the fact I have a townread on oldwino. His confidence and candor just feels town.
---
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 266, -Grey- wrote:I get the unmistakeable feeling that you are scumreading both mhsmith0 and oldwino. This doesn't jibe with me, because mhsmith0 and oldwino are both voting you.
I don't buy for a second that both members of the scumteam would be voting you together so early in d1 when one of those alleged scum are experienced.
It is specifically
because
the votes were together so early on D1 that they are not only possible but probable to be scum together.

mhsmith's vote was placed in the RVS.
oldwino's vote, not long later.

This is
exactly
the time a scumteam should be voting together. Early votes together are often written off as being something that isn't alignment indicative
at the worst
--many even townread it, insisting that if scum vote together, it MUST be late on a wagon they want to really see through.

Now, LATE together, with one experienced scum, THAT would be less likely I will admit. But EARLY together is >=random for scumbuddies.
Ulti
Ulti
Townie
Ulti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Ulti »

In post 266, -Grey- wrote:mastina,

I get the unmistakeable feeling that you are scumreading both mhsmith0 and oldwino.

This doesn't jibe with me, because mhsmith0 and oldwino are both voting you.

Now if this were, say, aa-domo and oldwino you were scumreading together that were both voting you, I would consider it plausible.

But I don't buy for a second that both members of the scumteam would be voting you together so early in d1 when one of those alleged scum are experienced.

That's besides the fact I have a townread on oldwino. His confidence and candor just feels town.
didnt she say she thought 2 scum were already "on her wagon" which I think means voting her?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 268, Ulti wrote:didnt she say she thought 2 scum were already "on her wagon" which I think means voting her?
Don't stop there.

Finish your thought if you're going to start one.
---
Ulti
Ulti
Townie
Ulti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Ulti »

In post 269, -Grey- wrote:
In post 268, Ulti wrote:didnt she say she thought 2 scum were already "on her wagon" which I think means voting her?
Don't stop there.

She is an experienced player and if she does think 2 scum are voting her then it would make sense for her to be scum reading two people voting her
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 270, Ulti wrote:She is an experienced player and if she does think 2 scum are voting her then it would make sense for her to be scum reading two people voting her
So do you think it's a reasonable read on her end? "If she thinks two scum are on her then it makes sense for her to scum read two people on her" is essentially a non statement other than "well she didn't make a statement that was transparently ridiculous". She's your top scum read, as evidenced by the fact that you were happy to dump a naked vote on her to take her to L-1; what do YOU think of what she was saying there?
Show
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 270, Ulti wrote:
In post 269, -Grey- wrote:
Don't stop there.

She is an experienced player and if she does think 2 scum are voting her then it would make sense for her to be scum reading two people voting her
Your circular logic holds regardless of how experienced she may or may not be.

What are you driving at?
---
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 267, mastina wrote:
In post 266, -Grey- wrote:I get the unmistakeable feeling that you are scumreading both mhsmith0 and oldwino. This doesn't jibe with me, because mhsmith0 and oldwino are both voting you.
I don't buy for a second that both members of the scumteam would be voting you together so early in d1 when one of those alleged scum are experienced.
It is specifically
because
the votes were together so early on D1 that they are not only possible but probable to be scum together.

mhsmith's vote was placed in the RVS.
oldwino's vote, not long later.

This is
exactly
the time a scumteam should be voting together. Early votes together are often written off as being something that isn't alignment indicative
at the worst
--many even townread it, insisting that if scum vote together, it MUST be late on a wagon they want to really see through.

Now, LATE together, with one experienced scum, THAT would be less likely I will admit. But EARLY together is >=random for scumbuddies.
On a theory basis, this is kind of fine. If I had a newbie scum buddy I'd probably advise him to be unworried about being voting together with me. The only real issue is that it's a relatively null event (two people voting together in RVS is itself highly likely to be unindicative just given the randomness of combinations) that's being used to prop up mastinas existing push. This one in partuclar reads as having shades of conf!bias to it (note: scum can't be conf!biased for obvious reasons; instead they have to fake it). Probably need to skim some of mastinas scum games to see if she's good at faking conf!bias or not I guess.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 262, Ulti wrote:I didnt know how to vote sorry
I voted them because I have a feeling they are bad and because rather than trying to defend themself they are posting things like "frankly i dont give a damn"
and town members should be trying harder than that
[/u][/b]
This is basically the epitome of pot calling kettle black. Why do you have a feeling she's bad?
Show

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”