[Micro 681] Spooky Scary Skeletons Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:58 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1920, Infinity 324 wrote: -I think scum are less likely to drunkpost than town, since scum have to be more careful
-I think if scum did drunkpost, it would look really scummy
nonsense, I say!!!

I think this is why you were obviscum to me in Mystic

you were being too obvious and careful and deliberate in doing so, only scum does that unless you're a towny not wanting lynched, and if that is the case, the key then becomes to read into it and determine the motivations behind it (towny guarding their PR or scum being cautious?)
balance among all things
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:01 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'd think scum would give a fuck if they were scumread.

Again, I don't see a reason for scum to fake drunk posting, it would take too much effort for probably not that much reward.

PEdit: if this is really helping you sort me at this point I'll continue the conversation, but it doesn't seem like it...

PEdit 2: Scum can pretend not to be cautious but fundamentally they have to be more careful than town because it's a bigger loss to their team if they are lynched
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Dreal can you summarize why keyser is scum?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Let's say scum can't fake drunkposting, but does their posts worthy of being townread? Is Zulfy's posts are worthy of giving him a town read?
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Towny enough I think.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1926, Infinity 324 wrote:I'd think scum would give a fuck if they were scumread.

Again, I don't see a reason for scum to fake drunk posting, it would take too much effort for probably not that much reward.

PEdit: if this is really helping you sort me at this point I'll continue the conversation, but it doesn't seem like it...

PEdit 2: Scum can pretend not to be cautious but fundamentally they have to be more careful than town because it's a bigger loss to their team if they are lynched
I think we have a few misunderstandings here

everyone should give a fuck if they are scumread - it's matter of if your giving-a-fuck is townminded or not and if you can replicate that as scum and how well it comes off

but...the initial point should be I guess that it seems to me you are assuming that scum wouldn't drunk post and so if it SEEMS like they are drunk posting that they'd then actually be faking it and to do that is too risky and so they must be town?! that is alll sorts of horrible convuluted assumptions that will just get you in trouble if that is your stance

if it can be seen as towny to real drunk-post, then scum absolutely without a doubt would real drunk-post, it doesn't get more complicated than that - if you're trying to be/replicate your towny and it is something you'd do as town, you do it

faking it doesn't need to come into the equation is my point, but since it has, yes, scum could absolutely pretend to drunkpost to excuse their shitplay (but it is infact shitplay to begin with, and I think you'd agree to that, but that doesn't mean scum wouldn't do it, ppl play badly as scum all of the time and part of the issue around here is that people excuse bad scum play as "oh he wouldn't do that as scum it's bad" - ummm, yes, yes they would if they're not so good at being scum, and no one is 100% on their game all of the time, sooo, using being drunk as an excuse to your suckage is totally possible scumplay)

yes this absolutely helping me form a read on you

your p-edit2 to is fundamentally flawed as pointed out in the underlined section
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:21 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I've summarized and explained why keyser is scum so many times, please read the thread or at least my ISO as repeating content is annoying (not to me but to the gamestate and adding clutter, it doesn't help)
balance among all things
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:29 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

dreal what kind of read is forming on Infinity for you?
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1930, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1926, Infinity 324 wrote:I'd think scum would give a fuck if they were scumread.

I think we have a few misunderstandings here

everyone should give a fuck if they are scumread - it's matter of if your giving-a-fuck is townminded or not and if you can replicate that as scum and how well it comes off

but...the initial point should be I guess that it seems to me you are assuming that scum wouldn't drunk post and so if it SEEMS like they are drunk posting that they'd then actually be faking it and to do that is too risky and so they must be town?! that is alll sorts of horrible convuluted assumptions that will just get you in trouble if that is your stance

if it can be seen as towny to real drunk-post, then scum absolutely without a doubt would real drunk-post, it doesn't get more complicated than that - if you're trying to be/replicate your towny and it is something you'd do as town, you do it

faking it doesn't need to come into the equation is my point, but since it has, yes, scum could absolutely pretend to drunkpost to excuse their shitplay (but it is infact shitplay to begin with, and I think you'd agree to that, but that doesn't mean scum wouldn't do it, ppl play badly as scum all of the time and part of the issue around here is that people excuse bad scum play as "oh he wouldn't do that as scum it's bad" - ummm, yes, yes they would if they're not so good at being scum, and no one is 100% on their game all of the time, sooo, using being drunk as an excuse to your suckage is totally possible scumplay)
See I don't know why scum would think it could be seen as towny to drunkpost. I haven't seen anyone other than myself ever say that. If scum didn't think they'd get townread from it, I don't see why they'd do it at all since there's a higher risk of slipping and scummy posting. Yes, it's possible a scum would think it's a good idea to drunkpost
and
be able to do it somewhat effectively, but that's relatively unlikely because it requires a specific type of scum. So I townread it. Make sense?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:37 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1933, Infinity 324 wrote: See I don't know why scum would think it could be seen as towny to drunkpost.
no

you are missing the fundmental point

if someone is town and they get drunk and post, if it is something they'd do as town, then it should be something they'd do as scum, every other point is irrelevant to that primary point
balance among all things
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1934, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1933, Infinity 324 wrote: See I don't know why scum would think it could be seen as towny to drunkpost.
no

you are missing the fundmental point

if someone is town and they get drunk and post, if it is something they'd do as town, then it should be something they'd do as scum, every other point is irrelevant to that primary point
Ok but there are quite a few scum playstyle that are quite cautious and would shy away from something like that for the reasons I stated earlier. And there would also be some people who wouldn't be able to do it effectively.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:39 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1932, keyenpeydee wrote:dreal what kind of read is forming on Infinity for you?
wow I could vote you for this alone

how about you let it form and let me share it as I think is good rather than try to draw something out of me prematurely
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:40 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1935, Infinity 324 wrote: Ok but there are quite a few scum playstyle that are quite cautious and would shy away from something like that for the reasons I stated earlier. And there would also be some people who wouldn't be able to do it effectively.
but that doesn't argue as to why no one would do it, ever, at all
balance among all things
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Again, I never said no one would ever do it at all. I'm not arguing zulfy is confirmed town. I'm arguing he's more likely to be town because of the drunk posting.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

But you have convinced me that the drunk posting isn't as towny as I thought it was before.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:43 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

and I am arguing that if someone is likely to post drunk as town, if they're a good scum player, they're just as likely to post as scum because "I do that as town too" and good scum replicate their town play indiscriminately

and to assume someone is not a good scum player, even if experience teaches me otherwise, is BAD play as town, you never ever ever underestimate potential opponents
balance among all things
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I disagree that good scum replicate their towngames indiscriminately. They have to be more careful to get townread in certain places where they might be scumread as town, or in other places like that. I think drunk posting might be one of those places.

And just like you can't assume players are bad at scum, you can't assume they're good at scum. If a player would have to be good at scum to be scum, that's enough for a weak townread imo. Otherwise I'd never have weak townreads.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Btw zulfy is in fact a weak townread, I didn't say it explicitly in my readslist but yeah
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:56 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

we just disagree on fundemental playstyle

I try to play my towngame as scum 100%, no matter what, and I don't care if it gets me scumread or not, because it's my town game, and sometimes that happens and to try to not make it happen is a scumdication to me
balance among all things
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Why single out my zulfy read when you could argue other with the same logic (e.g. fire reaction testing keyser)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:06 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

it wasn't a deliberate singling out, I just was addressing a point and then it expanded into mafia theory around that point
if the mafia theory applies to multiple points, great, but for me it's more about understanding the validation of your read because your method is different than mine, and if I can influence your method to what I think is better townplay, great
balance among all things
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:33 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 1936, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1932, keyenpeydee wrote:dreal what kind of read is forming on Infinity for you?
wow I could vote you for this alone

how about you let it form and let me share it as I think is good rather than try to draw something out of me prematurely
k sorry
Show
Games that I modded:

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:34 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Is drunkposting even AI? because it feels like NAI to me.
Show
Games that I modded:

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

You can post drunk as both town or scum.
Scum can fake drunk posting.
Both town and scum are dumb for drunk posting (they could claim / slip).
I wouldn't give town points or scum points for it.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

You guys already know my opinion and reasoning. If you don't, reread that exchange again.

I'm tired of this conversation
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”