Open 675: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game Over!)

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Killthestory »

]
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

this post basically sums up my thoughts wrt this game
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2023, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Talk to me about scum!Dunn? he's basically my most confident tr so far?
Final VC + my first game with him experience + my hydra game with him.

My thought...two scum off wagon with the self-hammer - major assumption. Dunn knows that I'm an easy mislynch and his play regarding my slot has reminds me of his scum play towards my/karnos' slot in the hydra vs how he treated my slot when he was town in 647.

Granted one was a hydra game and one was not.
<(") | (")>
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 pm

reading 647 rn - i was in the hydra game and i kind of remember this point?

as for my read -

i usually find that dunn is lurkier/less invested as scum, the hydra game comes to mind as a strong example as does strahd. like town!dunn has this energy and investment to solving the game that i think is really difficult to fake in general, the closest i've seen him to imitating it was in the waltz game recently.

like in the hydra game he and hs basically coasted through by just calling your slot scum and rc & fa did everything to not get that slot lynched until deadline so that they can just deathtunnel and do nothing. here i'm getting a completely different impression and i think he's actively fighting to break up the apathy we have

just to clarify - by final VC you mean day one's right?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Yeah...end of D1.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2028, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:like in the hydra game he and hs basically coasted through by just calling your slot scum and rc & fa did everything to not get that slot lynched until deadline so that they can just deathtunnel and do nothing. here i'm getting a completely different impression and i think he's actively fighting to break up the apathy we have
Rude (dunn) may have "coasted" in his scum game given the amount of posting by Lewd (hs), but I am comparing Rude's posting regarding my/karnos' slot in his scum game given my limited experience with Dunn as town.
<(") | (")>
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 pm

ok wait pp what's your point with dunn in 647...?

i read his ISO in there and he barely interacts with your slot, he calls you scummy once in the beginning and then townreads you after he scumreads the DixC/Annienen bloc but never really discusses it. like i can get that he thinks you're an easy ml (as in the idea makes sense but there isn't much to say "this is how he feels") and might not want to be a part of it as scum but i don't really see how the meta supports it here?

like if anything it mirrors the town example you linked more than the scum example i recall.
PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2028, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:like in the hydra game he and hs basically coasted through by just calling your slot scum and rc & fa did everything to not get that slot lynched until deadline so that they can just deathtunnel and do nothing. here i'm getting a completely different impression and i think he's actively fighting to break up the apathy we have
Rude (dunn) may have "coasted" in his scum game given the amount of posting by Lewd (hs), but I am comparing Rude's posting regarding my/karnos' slot in his scum game given my limited experience with Dunn as town.
it's not just post count

it's things like tone, depth of reads/thought process (dunn never really shows the depth of his thought process in-thread but like i Get it), that make me think town. karnos (it was more karnos that was scummy iirc) is really easy to surface-level scumread imo and that slot never really advanced a more nuanced read than that one. here dunn's thought process evolves in a more reasonable way by dunn standards.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2030, PenguinPower wrote:Rude (dunn) may have "coasted" in his scum game given the amount of posting by Lewd (hs),
What are you on about?

The majority of those posts were mine
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Like giga is talking about depth of read and you brought up post count which is objectively wrong

You're not comparing that game to this one, and I wasn't treating you like I did in that game

VOTE: penguinpower

TITUS, are you doing the thing I asked you to do? Targeting me, or what's your thoughts on that
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by bangthemafia »

In post 2007, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i put dave in my lock townreads since on a meta read he's obviously town

he pushes cases and talks about rl way differently as scum
In post 2009, Prince Lyon wrote:I am not like confident in it but I think that Davesaz is town.
@Giga,@Prince, explain why you find Daves "Locktown".
In post 2023, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 2019, Dunnstral wrote:giga, who do you think we should be focusing on right now?

I'm kind of lost

I don't want to lynch: Giga, Lyon, Spade_Ace, prob not schadd, transcend

VOTE: alban

??
yeah that's good i basically have the same list + davesaz pp.
I think you are throwing around townreads too easily. If you go by this, your lynchpool basically means- [Titus, Me, Alban, KTS]. I know I am town. I am also not convinced about alban. KTS is only mildly scummy to me. And Titus has claimed PR. So there is something shittily wrong going on here. Maybe I havent got enough time so I couldnt go through people's meta, and so couldnt understand what you mean, but I think some of you seem to be heavily basing your reads on meta. And too many people are getting pocketed too easily. Anyway, since last 48 hours nobody posted much and I didnt want to post just for the heck of increasing my post count, I looked at VCs of day 1. Will post soon.
In post 1929, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1927, bangthemafia wrote:Giga, who is "he" here? I assume Spade. If you are talking of his advice to Schadd at the beginning of the game, at that time he didnt have the information about other slots. So what is your point?
that it's silly to scumread him for it

I believe titus's claim, but spade could have drafted ub/rc and not gotten it so he wouldnt know schadd's role

I don't have a strong case on you, bang, besides the fact that I think the people who were on both titus and whemeplay were wagonning them for claims. voting you as a compromise might help me better establish a read on you based on who follows and reacts
@Giga, you say you dont have a strong case against me, then why am I in your lynchpool?
In post 1972, bangthemafia wrote:@Spade, what do u think of alban this game? I dont know why but i just fail to understand this bloodthirst for alban. What case others have for his slot?

@Everyone, somehow in this game, I see there are some players who are being scumread by others without any solid reason. Also there are some players who are being written off as conftown by some again without anything solid. I dont know about how others look at this, but the moment someone townreads me without much reasoning, I tend to reflexly get paranoid. I think town has to avoid falling into this trap of town reading those who townread us. I mean we need to work together, agreed. But nobody is a conftown unless they hav a town result by cop or they are masons. Even neighbourizer could be scum.

I dont have time next 2-3 days. But deadline is still far away. So as soon as i get some time, i m gonna ISO wheme and few others in hope to find out something.

@Spade, to be 100% honest, I m not even sure about u. U are acting quite different. Maybe you are trying to change your meta or something. I am not going to get tunneled on u as I hav a bad experience of last game where you were black goo.
Coloured font is what I was talking about

I will post soon. Giga, you wanted to know who scumreads Spade. Well, I for one, will never completely clear off Spade. I will post separately some of Spade's posts that have been worrying me. Just to remind myself, his posts after Wheme's play and his post inviting investigation at night
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:33 am

Post by bangthemafia »

These are the important vote counts and biggest wagons of day 1-
Spoiler:
In post 418, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.4
Titus (5):
PenguinPower, Prince Lyon, Transcend, Persivul, gigabyteTroubadour
Spade Ace (4):
Killthestory, schadd_, Titus, WhemePlay
alban (1):
bangthemafia
bangthemafia (1):
Dunnstral

Not Voting (3):
alban, davesaz, Spade_Ace,

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day ends in (expired on 2017-03-04 02:03:00).

alban is on V/LA until 2/23.
In post 451, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.5
Titus (5):
PenguinPower, Prince Lyon, Persivul, gigabyteTroubadour, davesaz
Spade Ace (3):
schadd_, Titus, WhemePlay
alban (1):
bangthemafia
bangthemafia (1):
Dunnstral
davesaz (1):
Transcend

Not Voting (3):
alban, Spade_Ace, Killthestory

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day ends in (expired on 2017-03-04 02:03:00).

In post 503, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.6
Titus (5):
PenguinPower, Prince Lyon, gigabyteTroubadour, davesaz, WhemePlay
davesaz (2):
Transcend, bangthemafia
Spade Ace (2):
schadd_, Titus
bangthemafia (1):
Dunnstral

Not Voting (4):
alban, Spade_Ace, Killthestory, Persivul

In post 632, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.7
Spade_Ace (4):
schadd_, Titus, Persivul, WhemePlay
Titus (4):
PenguinPower, davesaz, bangthemafia, Transcend
alban (2):
Prince Lyon, gigabyteTroubadour
bangthemafia (1):
Dunnstral
WhemePlay (1):
Spade_Ace

Not Voting (2):
alban, Killthestory

In post 758, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.8
Titus (4):
Persivul (2):
Prince Lyon, schadd_
Spade_Ace (2):
Titus, WhemePlay
WhemePlay (2):
Dunnstral, Persivul
alban (1):
gigabyteTroubadour
bangthemafia (1):
Killthestory

Not Voting (2):
alban, Spade_Ace

In post 1018, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.10
Persivul (5):
Prince Lyon, Dunnstral, Spade_Ace, Titus, schadd_
Titus (4):
alban (1):
gigabyteTroubadour
bangthemafia (1):
Killthestory
Prince Lyon (1):
Persivul
Spade_Ace (1):
WhemePlay

Not Voting (1):
alban

In post 1251, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.12
Titus (4):
PenguinPower, davesaz, Transcend, Prince Lyon
alban (2):
gigabyteTroubadour, Spade_Ace
Persivul (2):
Titus, schadd_
Spade_Ace (2):
WhemePlay, alban
WhemePlay (2):
bangthemafia, Dunnstral
bangthemafia (1):
Killthestory
Prince Lyon (1):
Persivul

Not Voting (0):

Titus is V/LA until the end of the weekend.
In post 1316, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.13
WhemePlay (6):
bangthemafia, Transcend, PenguinPower, Dunnstral, Killthestory, davesaz
Spade_Ace (4):
WhemePlay, alban, Titus, schadd_
alban (2):
gigabyteTroubadour, Spade_Ace
Prince Lyon (1):
Persivul

Not Voting (1):
Prince Lyon

In post 1508, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.14
bangthemafia (4):
Dunnstral, Titus, Transcend, Killthestory
Spade_Ace (3):
WhemePlay, alban, schadd_
Titus (3):
bangthemafia, Spade_Ace, Prince Lyon
WhemePlay (2):
PenguinPower, davesaz
Prince Lyon (1):
Persivul

Not Voting (1):
gigabyteTroubadour

In post 1791, aronagrundy wrote:
Vote Count 1.16
momo (8):
Spade_Ace, bangthemafia, davesaz, PenguinPower, Titus, schadd_, Transcend, momo

alban (2):
Prince Lyon, gigabyteTroubadour
bangthemafia (1):
Killthestory
davesaz (1):
WhemePlay
Killthestory (1):
Dunnstral
Spade_Ace (1):
alban

Not Voting (0):

A lynch has been reached. Flip coming shortly.

I did some analysis about who all were on a wagon when that wagon was at max votes (>4 votes as L was 8 on D1); and also at any time after VC 1.4.

Dead people are in coloured bold-

Titus wagon-
(At 4 or more votes) PP, PL, Trans,
Persi
, Giga, Daves,
Wheme
, Bang; (At a time when this wagon had 3 or less votes-) Spade

Spade wagon-
(At 4 or more votes) KTS, Schadd, Titus,
Wheme, Persi
, alban; (At a time when this wagon had 3 or less votes-) None extra

Persi wagon (Dead, was VT)
-(At 4 or more votes) PL, Dunn, Spade, Titus, Schadd; (At a time when this wagon had 3 or less votes-) None extra
Final Momo wagon after he replaced Persi (Dead, was VT)-
(At 4 or more votes) Spade, Bang, Daves, PP, Titus, Schadd, Trans

Wheme wagon (Dead, was Tracker)
- (At 4 or more votes) Bang, Trans, PP, Dunn, KTS, Daves; (At a time when this wagon had 3 or less votes-) Spade,
Persi

Bang wagon-
(At 4 or more votes) Dunn, Titus, Trans, KTS; (At a time when this wagon had 3 or less votes-) None extra

Observations-

1. People on each of the 5 major day 1 wagons-
None

2. People on atleast 4 of the 5 major day 1 wagons-
Trans

3. People on atleast 3 of the 4 major day 1 wagons (coz 5th was their own)-
Persi
, Spade, Bang, Titus

4. People on atleast 3 of the 5 major day 1 wagons-
PP, Daves, KTS, Dunn
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:36 am

Post by bangthemafia »

I am assuming for now, that out of the 7 that voted Momo (8th one being himself), atleast 1 has to be scum, maybe even 2. I know I am town, and others can replace their name with mine, so for me there is atleast 1 scum among-
Spade_Ace, davesaz, PenguinPower, Titus, schadd_, Transcend.

Also, just noticed from Persi and Momo wagons. Persi & Momo were quite different. Persi was quite townread by many. Whereas Momo did lot of weird things after he replaced in. So naturally, their wagons were almost mutually exclusive. The only people who were common on both wagons were- Spade, Titus, Schadd
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:44 am

thanks for that, i was going to do one like that too but that saves a lot of effort

i mostly fos you because i tr everyone else but that's probably going to change because i have to be wrong on everything else

alban is really the only slot i sr

bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:22 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Am busy for next 2 days till Saturday afternoon. Will try to read and respond in between.

@Mod, please note V/LA till Saturday 11th afternoon
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Titus »

Bang is scum. IIoA with colors.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2033, Dunnstral wrote:Like giga is talking about depth of read and you brought up post count which is objectively wrong

You're not comparing that game to this one, and I wasn't treating you like I did in that game

VOTE: penguinpower

TITUS, are you doing the thing I asked you to do? Targeting me, or what's your thoughts on that
I will target likely scum. Not people I TR. Double do if a TR of mine gets lynched.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Spade_Ace »

@bang what exactly does your analysis conclude??

Is there any way we can push the game forward? Too many town and null reads :?

@Titus I was waiting for your VCA. Anything in particular that it suggests?
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 2024, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
is anyone still scumreading spade? i think that's the slot i want to reevaluate in that case
Gigabyte talk to me. Ask me some questions that will help you re-evaluate me.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Spade_Ace »

What would happen if no one wants to replace in??
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:56 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

I'm sort of just waiting for an Alban replacement atm.
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

This is frustrating because everyone is discrediting my reads on KTS and Alban and they are the two people I'm most sure are flipping scum and there's never really been a case given for either of them as town.

This feels like one of those games where I'm right and everyone else is wrong but I can't get traction on anything.
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

Davesaz is a bad lynch. I explicitly do not townread PenguinPower but they're not like a scumread in the same way that the Alban and KTS slots are.

I'm okay with waiting for an Alban replacement but I'd really like to hear some sort of explanation for why they're town besides assuming that their global replace out was town motivated.
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

Like, scum can ragequit too. And I feel like people are just assuming that KTS's tone and playstyle are town even though they're consistent regardless of his alignment.
Whereas the general pushing on Penguin/Davesaz feels kind of shitty and it's like hey let's go down the usual suspects list and lynch people who get lynched every game.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 am

Post by schadd_ »

prodge

things to say later
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2047, Prince Lyon wrote:Like, scum can ragequit too. And I feel like people are just assuming that KTS's tone and playstyle are town even though they're consistent regardless of his alignment.
Whereas the general pushing on Penguin/Davesaz feels kind of shitty and it's like hey let's go down the usual suspects list and lynch people who get lynched every game.
Davesaz rarely gets lynched in my games.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”