Micro 691: Just Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@horrordude - do your quoted AJ posts affect your read on him at all? Why did you quote them?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@AJ - do you still scumread Lil Uzi? I was TR-ing that slot early game but given his inactivity its getting weaker and weaker.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.5
CandidateCountVoters
horrordude0215
L−3
Lil Uzi Vert, Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
L−3
Maxous, Hiraki
Maxous
L−4
hapahauli
Tenshii
L−4
Sobolev Space
Hiraki
L−4
horrordude0215

Not voting:
Tenshii, schadd_

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Night will fall in (expired on 2017-03-22 23:20:00).
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 124, Sobolev Space wrote:@schadd - what's your opinion on Max?
town, . hasn't really changed
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

UNVOTE:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 123, Sobolev Space wrote:Tenshii's activity shot down right after people started voting for him.

VOTE: Tenshii
In post 126, Sobolev Space wrote:@AJ - do you still scumread Lil Uzi? I was TR-ing that slot early game but given his inactivity its getting weaker and weaker.
Activity is NAI. Why are you pushing that tell?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Tenshii read is because it feels like a playstyle adjustment. If he had high or low activity by itself that would be NAI but the change is what irks me.

For you, its mostly because you have no new content while others are producing content so my reads on them get stronger while my read on you gets weaker.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 131, Sobolev Space wrote:Tenshii read is because it feels like a playstyle adjustment. If he had high or low activity by itself that would be NAI but the change is what irks me.

For you, its mostly because you have no new content while others are producing content so my reads on them get stronger while my read on you gets weaker.
Tenshii's tone has been consistent throughout.

Your read getting weaker based on lack of content doesn't make any sense here. I can understand if I was posting filler while serious discussion was going but I wasn't doing that at all. I wasn't here. There is no way to determine if I'm genuinely not giving new content based on absence unless you think I'm active lurking.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Disagree about Tenshii's tone.

My point about you is that early game there's not much to go on so you were one of my strongest TRs. Now that I have more info about others with little new info about you my reads on others get stronger relative to my read on you. I can see how it was confusingly worded.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 133, Sobolev Space wrote:Disagree about Tenshii's tone.

My point about you is that early game there's not much to go on so you were one of my strongest TRs. Now that I have more info about others with little new info about you my reads on others get stronger relative to my read on you. I can see how it was confusingly worded.
How are you reading his tone? I read his one liners as aggressive and overall persistent.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 125, Sobolev Space wrote:@horrordude - do your quoted AJ posts affect your read on him at all? Why did you quote them?
They were at least potentially scummy, and I wanted an explanation for them.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Lil Uzi - initial posts seemed more aggressive in a game solvy way. Gut just tells me they're different.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Maxous »

I see the questions, I'm just a bit busy at the moment.
Hiraki, hapahauli and Schadd are my current town feels.
I still think AJ is the best vote, I think his response to Hiraki was poor
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 111, horrordude0215 wrote:Quick catchup, hooray.
In post 25, Aj The Epic wrote:VOTE: Tenshii

Any more white noise and we'd have to use Malcolm X to save this game.
White noise? It was page 1 and it appeared to be pretty standard RVS talk. Also, at the time Schadd had made 5 posts to tenshii's 6 on Page 1. Both of them had been cluttering the thread, why only single out tenshii?
In post 48, Aj The Epic wrote:You're being two-faced, calling me passive-aggressive and doing exactly the same thing.
The REAL ridiculous issue here is you won't continue a discussion on a player at all! It's page 2, do you want the fucking manifesto on why tenshii is scummy? I wasn't telling you "Yeah I need you to write me a 5 page paper", but you refused to do anything. You're choosing to not communicate for no real explained reason and it isn't a good look for you.
This seems like an overreaction.
/quote]

I swear I've explained the first part. It's not content that could've added to discussion in any meaningful way, it's just Tenshii trying to slip into the game early and establish a presence via spamposting. Seeing his activity's quick decline, I think it's definitely something to keep an eye on as a forced habit as opposed to a general playstyle.

My post to Max isn't an overreaction in my eyes. His post was pretty stupid in the fact that he's refusing to answer a question and stating I gave a loaded question. It wasn't loaded: Max was showing very clearly he thought Tenshii was town. Instead, he just voted. To me, that was a clear signal of a disinterest to discuss tenshii or anything regarding tenshii. That's why I was so pissed off when he's saying I'm being passive aggressive when all I wanted is a fucking answer and maybe even a discussion to boot. Yeah I still can't townread Max because he tried so hard to shut down any sort of discussion we could've had regarding Tenshii there.

P-edit: Yeah nice explanation Maxous.

Fuck this, Max is scum. No one makes these reads without having a red PM.
VOTE: Maxous
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Maxous »

I've read that 3 times and I still don't understand your issue
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

You
Actively
Attempt
To
Kill
Discussion
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

I like AJ
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Tenshii »

VOTE: Aj

Unwilling to answer my questions/work with me. Probably scum trying to dodge inquisition.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Also Aj's play so far has been to spit out scumreads instead of actively try to question/sort out motives behind posts.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Tenshii »

In post 143, Tenshii wrote:Also Aj's play so far has been to spit out
scumreads
throw shade instead of actively try to question/sort out motives behind posts.
Fixed.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Shit. Not really properly fixed but you get the idea.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Tenshii »

My vote puts him at L-2.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

That's definitely a pot/kettle line of posts. And it's even funnier because:
In post 119, Tenshii wrote:
In post 101, Aj The Epic wrote:And let this be a lesson to you all. No one snipes Umlaut 4 times in a row!
Nah the game barely started. It'll happen.
In post 97, Aj The Epic wrote:Sure but I'm arguing his responses are noncommittal and for something like a statement of 'yeah it's tvt or svs' which is inherently broad and has completely different meanings in each case, it DOES warrant justification on why he has such vastly different opinions.
Why did you opt to scumread him then instead of questioning the read then?
In post 50, Tenshii wrote:
In post 44, Maxous wrote:Frankly, that's quite a loaded question.
Why is it loaded?
Maxous answer plz.
In this post, you point out MAX hasn't answered your questions (and has yet to do so). You got some treatment differences here between players. Explain that.

Why did I suspect Temp instead of questioning him? Because his post was scummy. I gave him something to respond to, reiterated it. I stated that depending on his next post, he could move it. He never posted again, the vote stuck. Vote first isn't an issue here with a clear-stated condition for what I expect the voted party to show me. And before you pull 'coaching' out of your ass, I was the only one brining Temphq up and forcing pressure on him instead of going after Max's assigned target, schadd.

Scum avoiding inquisition? No, wondering in what world town plays like this? Absolutely. You're pulling this nonsense of "oh you're suspecting too many people". No, I'm forcing someone to show up and play town. There's no shade-throwing, I've been direct and open with everything I've said here. You're acting like I'm not going after motives, but apparently you haven't read many of my posts. Just because I'm telling you how I'm seeing it:
In post 57, Aj The Epic wrote:LuV's play this game actually bothers me, and I consider myself fairly aquatinted with his bad habits of sounding scummy early. Here particularly, he's been as brief as possible with no real advancement to the game. I would argue that schadd's reasoning isn't well put together, the vote placement/timing isn't bad by itself.

Tenshii's white noise was bothering me because there wasn't anything productive that could come from it, up until roughly post 49. early in the game, scum can try and post a lot to integrate easier/get in with the 'town block'.
That's ALL motive hunting. It's contestable, it can spark conversation, it's supposed to ADD TO THE DISCUSSION. Guess who's got the onus to follow up and discuss motives and who fucking drops the ball again and again? My entire contribution to this game has gone after people who haven't been playing to a town wincon this game, from Hiraki using weak reasoning, to Temphq being noncommittal to you using spam posts early to try and get a foothold in this game. Do I NEED to question motives? No,
that's
shade tossing. I tell you how I see it and I expect you to respond.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 116, hapahauli wrote:I still don't understand why you think AJ had "the worst reaction possible."
In hindsight, the worst reaction possible would've came with a vote. I think we both know that I was active last night and I was waiting to hear more AJ. The following doesn't help his case:
In post 147, Aj The Epic wrote:My entire contribution to this game has gone after people who haven't been playing to a town wincon this game, from Hiraki using weak reasoning, to Temphq being noncommittal to you using spam posts early to try and get a foothold in this game.
In post 117, horrordude0215 wrote:Weak votes are opportunistic and scummy.
I would have unvoted if he had a normal reaction to it.
In post 117, horrordude0215 wrote:(and in fact stated that you agreed with his read on LUV in your very next post)
The game stagnated.
In post 117, horrordude0215 wrote:because it felt like you were pushing Sobolev to the wall in an attempt to get him to out his read on you.
What's wrong with that?
In post 123, Sobolev Space wrote:Tenshii's activity shot down right after people started voting for him.
Everyone's activity spiked down but I also agree with Lil Uzi's 130 (Activity is NAI).
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”