Viridian
Viridian
Townie
Viridian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Viridian »

So, those voting for McMenno are arguing that even though only ~half the people that have targeted Dwlee this game showed up as a result for arona's autopsy, it totally still means "a list of people that came into contact with Dwlee this game" as opposed to "people who killed Dwlee99 this game," and that this makes McMenno the most likely person to be scum in the game either because of or in spite of his claim. Am I understanding this correctly?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Socrates »

Well, that's what my comment about being screwed over by mod error was about, because if he did commit an error, there's little chance of us being able to untangle it without the game being compromised.

And I forgot about Rando's claim. There's always the possibility that he lied somehow and for some reason.

If arona lied about the results of their ability, then kudos to them for creatively sowing chaos and that would happen to disprove your statement that your power couldn't be abused by an anti-town role.

But there's also a possibility that the mod took a third interpretation of the role, and only revealed who targeted Dwlee LAST night, rather than for the whole game. What this would mean is that I roleblocked dwlee last night (for possibly the second night in a row) and McMenno killed Dwlee. Under such a scenario, I could not have blocked the mafia nightkill and there's no other means of explaining it's absence, which would imply that McMenno himself is the mafia.

We do need clarification on how the role works, but I'm surprised that neither you nor Arona had already asked these questions.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by Socrates »

Like, did your role PM just say what it said in the list thread verbatim?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Socrates »

But yeah put yourself in my shoes. I look at the player list for mafia, and by POE I'm basically down to McMenno and Titus. And then this happens.

If YOU'RE somehow scum by means that I failed to recognize, then kudos to you, you put way more work into this game than you needed to.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Socrates »

Well, I'm signing off for the night.

In case the town decides to lynch me, a warning: there is a very good chance that the mafia endgames us TONIGHT between possible third party role interaction and the possibility of killing the immortal's lover. If everyone is who they seem to be, then rando might need to goo Momo's slot just to prevent a double kill.
Viridian
Viridian
Townie
Viridian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Viridian »

No, my slot's original role PM doesn't have further info. It didn't really occur to me to look into it until now bc I replaced in after McMenno claimed the Dwlee99 kill and was just like, huh I guess I get why my predecessor waited to use this and then focused on other things, like how to try to assess the alignment of the former daykiller by seeing if they were willing to clear me, etc
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 497, Viridian wrote:Titus, did you shuffle on N1?
Everyone: thoughts on arona now?
No. I felt that would be anti-town. I only shuffled after momo claimed immune. If his role was switched, we might get a nightkill stopped or get the daykiller into competent hands.

I need to talk to arona. I am reading slots by emotional tone and less by mechanics until I can put more time in, which is likely tomorrow night/Sunday
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

I'm just going to quote the wiki here:
The Forensic Investigator is an investigative role that can target a dead player to learn the names of everyone who targeted that dead player since the beginning of the game. For instance, if Player A Tracks Player B on Night 1, Player C Jails Player B on Night 2, Scum D kills Player B on Night 3, and Forensic Investigator E examines Player B on Night 4; Player E will receive a result saying that players A, C, D, and E targeted Player B at some point. Despite how this example turned out, the order in which the names are listed should be arbitrary (that is, not exactly in the order in which they targeted the player).
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

i think everyone's overthinking this and mcmenno is flailing
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 500, Viridian wrote:So, those voting for McMenno are arguing that even though only ~half the people that have targeted Dwlee this game showed up as a result for arona's autopsy, it totally still means "a list of people that came into contact with Dwlee this game" as opposed to "people who killed Dwlee99 this game," and that this makes McMenno the most likely person to be scum in the game either because of or in spite of his claim. Am I understanding this correctly?
wait
UNVOTE:

randommidget who did you target n1?
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Am I really supposed to believe mcmenno and scum targeted dwelee last night? It seems pretty unlikely
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:12 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 464, Socrates wrote:Let's be honest, Bork Bork claiming grey goo wasn't going to save him. He MIGHT have been the motivator, though, and that would have been important information to know. Can shuffler be pro-town? He might have been the shuffler, too.

Those are two pieces of missing information that the scum can take advantage off, I guess.

Let's resolve this, though:

Rando: There's no point in hiding it at this point. Who did you target last night?
i targetted dwlee both nights. i was trying to figure out if i was the goo-er or not. if someone else got goo ed then i was the motivator, if someone else got motivated then i was the goo.
socrates has some good points here, but we need to ask the mod about role functionalities first. im rly tired atm so im going to re read the last few pages to make sure i understand them later
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:19 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 507, aronagrundy wrote:I'm just going to quote the wiki here:
The Forensic Investigator is an investigative role that can target a dead player to learn the names of everyone who targeted that dead player since the beginning of the game. For instance, if Player A Tracks Player B on Night 1, Player C Jails Player B on Night 2, Scum D kills Player B on Night 3, and Forensic Investigator E examines Player B on Night 4; Player E will receive a result saying that players A, C, D, and E targeted Player B at some point. Despite how this example turned out, the order in which the names are listed should be arbitrary (that is, not exactly in the order in which they targeted the player).
THE WIKI. DOES. NOT. MATTER. did you know that the wiki page for masons includes a bit about the possibility of scum masons? I do, because someone tried to apply it to an entirely different situation (they were town too)

yes
roles "might" resolve a little differently from the role list (like the immortal role announcing it's been killed) but not so
drastically
. EAGERSNAKE DIDN'T MAKE IT AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ROLE. YOU HAVE A *LITERAL* FUCKING GUILTY AND YOU ARE SO CONFBIASED THAT YOU JUST HANDWAVE IT AWAY.

goodbye
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:27 am

Post by aronagrundy »

This game is bastard tho

Btw yes i am currently questioning the results because rm didn't show up. I pm'd the mod
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 508, aronagrundy wrote:i think everyone's overthinking this and mcmenno is flailing
I think he's scum flailing though. Saying someone is guilty because they didn't come at you hard enough is hella scummy.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:14 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 513, aronagrundy wrote:This game is bastard tho

Btw yes i am currently questioning the results because rm didn't show up. I pm'd the mod
the game is bastard thus everyone has a secret win condition thus you are secretly mafia... verily spoopy
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:01 am

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 514, Titus wrote:
In post 508, aronagrundy wrote:i think everyone's overthinking this and mcmenno is flailing
I think he's scum flailing though. Saying someone is guilty because they didn't come at you hard enough is hella scummy.
Yeah but like I said I'm interested in how to interpret the result.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 511, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 464, Socrates wrote:Let's be honest, Bork Bork claiming grey goo wasn't going to save him. He MIGHT have been the motivator, though, and that would have been important information to know. Can shuffler be pro-town? He might have been the shuffler, too.

Those are two pieces of missing information that the scum can take advantage off, I guess.

Let's resolve this, though:

Rando: There's no point in hiding it at this point. Who did you target last night?
i targetted dwlee both nights. i was trying to figure out if i was the goo-er or not. if someone else got goo ed then i was the motivator, if someone else got motivated then i was the goo.
socrates has some good points here, but we need to ask the mod about role functionalities first. im rly tired atm so im going to re read the last few pages to make sure i understand them later
Whelp.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Socrates »

I didn't go 2 for 2 on mod errors, but I did go 2 for 2 on games with stupidly overpowered towns.

I suppose this is what Prana was ranting about day 1.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:27 am

Post by McMenno »

finally

can we win now
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:35 am

Post by aronagrundy »

socrates are you claiming scum or what
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 am

Post by McMenno »

how dense are you on a scale from god scumhunter to ignoring claimed scum with a guilty on them
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 am

Post by aronagrundy »

well jeez idk maybe he just really cares about game balance
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Socrates »

Like, mods, it's no fun to play as scum and to know that regardless of how well you play, you are just going to lose to some mindless power role. Please stop putting those kinds of roles in your games.

A fucking Sensor?

And now a fucking Forensic Investigator? The role that is literally noted as being "Tremendously overpowered" in the wiki? And this is actually an
even better
version?

At least make your investigative roles require some kind of thought to use.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 am

Post by aronagrundy »

that sucks and i'm sorry, but who's ready to have some fun with some pre-flip associations

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”