Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3646, bundle of sticks wrote:the rule mention
That rule is the generic "don't be an idiot" one, it doesn't mean that every time we see a claim we stick our fingers in our ears and hum the national anthem.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3649, Tammy wrote:if it hit scum I'd probably have rethought that
Nope.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

bundle of sticks
bundle of sticks
Goon
bundle of sticks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:44 am

Post by bundle of sticks »

I guess I put more stock in those because I take idiocy prevention so seriously as a mod. I still have scars from Cabd outguessing me in FE Awakening.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 3650, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3646, bundle of sticks wrote:the rule mention
That rule is the generic "don't be an idiot" one, it doesn't mean that every time we see a claim we stick our fingers in our ears and hum the national anthem.
Actually, the next rule is:
In post 0, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
25) Flavor:
Flavor revolves around the apocalypic hellscape created by the ascent to power of Donald Trump.
So it wasn't just some "copy and paste" thing of the rules. P sure it's there for a reason. You're trying to break the game by flavor. The mod says the game is unbreakable by flavor.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1768, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1678, Tammy wrote:I don't get what wking spiffeh has to do with accusing people on the formerfish wagon, is anyone even doing that?
Personally, I think killing someone off a wagon and having them flip town is something scum would do to make the players on a wagon look worse. Even if you think the doc announcement is real, why else would you think Spiffeh would be attacked/protected/etc (there are probably a lot of good reasons why Spiffeh would be killed, but I'm mostly concerned about why him specifically and not someone else)? Either way, I may have gone just a bit too deep, but I'm still pretty skeptical about it.
I told you earlier this week, I'd respond to this later, but I don't have anything to say I don't think. I see what you're saying I think, and it makes sense when the majority of your suspects are off the wagon.

I just haven't really noticed people just going after those who were on the wagon is where I got confused where you were going with it.

Anyway, just mostly saying I remembered I was going to respond and didn't totally forget.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3653, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You're trying to break the game by flavor. The mod says the game is unbreakable by flavor.
Deleted a longer response.
This argument is flawed.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:52 am

Post by kuribo »

It's standard language.

Gay Mafia Ruleset wrote:24) Setup Design: You can try to outguess the mod, but it's probably pointless. Flavor is being used as the backbone of the game, but the game is unbreakable by flavor. Mechanics/setup/randomization was applied first, then flavor.
25) Flavor: Flavor revolves around the people who attend the funeral of Sir Elton John, and the WBC who show up to picket it.
Gay Mafia II ruleset wrote:24) Setup Design: You can try to outguess the mod, but it's probably pointless. Flavor is being used as the backbone of the game, but the game is unbreakable by flavor. Certain aspects of the setup were designed around flavor, whereas other aspects had the flavor applied after the fact.
25) Flavor: Flavor revolves around a masquerade ball hosted by David Bowie and the ghost of Sir Elton Hercules John. Fred Phelps busts him and Jerry Falwell out of Hell, and they attempt to raise an army to kill enough gays to get into heaven.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 am

Post by kuribo »

It basically means that setup speculation is welcome but pointless because the mods didn't make the roles dependent on flavor
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:54 am

In post 3655, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3653, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You're trying to break the game by flavor. The mod says the game is unbreakable by flavor.
Deleted a longer response.
This argument is flawed.
???

Your whole argument is "pine is town because his flavor and his claim".
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3628, bundle of sticks wrote:that actually may be the only time i've actually played with majiffy?i feel like there's another but i'm not sure. other than that i know him by reputation and because i morbidly comb over games linked in the ban announcement thread sometimes.

the fact we haven't played together much makes his earlier assertion that i am too smart to attack him as town weirder.
From my experience with Majiffy's play, his range as town is a lot wider than his range as scum. As scum, he's fairly agenda-driven; he's known for ramming shitty mislynches down people's throats as town, so as scum he does it with all the same fervor. His play here looks fairly separated from that; in particular, the "my role is useless, fuck you guys" seems like a place of genuine frustration and isn't an angle I think he would advantageous to him as scum.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2328, Brian Skies wrote:I'm unopposed to a Hocho wagon. But if no one wants that, just wagon up Xxxy for me. I'm sure a near death experience will be enlightening for him.
In post 2990, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2946, Kise wrote:How u guys feel about an xyz lynch?
I completely forgot this guy existed. I had a thought earlier that he
might
be town, so my enthusiasm in his wagon isn't as great as it was before.
He didn't post in the midst of these posts. Did you go back and reread him? What made him seem maybe town to you?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Vaxkiller:
Does your role count as a protective role or an investigative one?

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Tammy »

I feel like this argument was just had recently in another game.
bundle of sticks
bundle of sticks
Goon
bundle of sticks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:58 am

Post by bundle of sticks »

In post 3659, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3628, bundle of sticks wrote:that actually may be the only time i've actually played with majiffy?i feel like there's another but i'm not sure. other than that i know him by reputation and because i morbidly comb over games linked in the ban announcement thread sometimes.

the fact we haven't played together much makes his earlier assertion that i am too smart to attack him as town weirder.
From my experience with Majiffy's play, his range as town is a lot wider than his range as scum. As scum, he's fairly agenda-driven; he's known for ramming shitty mislynches down people's throats as town, so as scum he does it with all the same fervor. His play here looks fairly separated from that; in particular, the "my role is useless, fuck you guys" seems like a place of genuine frustration and isn't an angle I think he would advantageous to him as scum.
I was going to type something else, but in truth, I just don't want you to be right.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3662, Tammy wrote:I feel like this argument was just had recently in another game.
Which one?

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:59 am

Yeah Majiffy's play reads town.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3664, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3662, Tammy wrote:I feel like this argument was just had recently in another game.
Which one?
the use of flavor one.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Tammy »

Wraith going LAL after multiple people have talked about how often katsuki fake claims is gross.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3076, Brian Skies wrote:I was thinking something else entirely about Xxxyxyxyx, and I mainly just want him to come in here and post so I can feel better about putting him on either side of my reads.
never mind.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't remember it recently; might have popped up momentarily in DBZ Abridged but I'm pretty sure I squashed that fairly quickly.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3669, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't remember it recently; might have popped up momentarily in DBZ Abridged but I'm pretty sure I squashed that fairly quickly.

That's the game. It never got squashed Maria argued about it all the way to the end of the game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3614, bundle of sticks wrote:and tammy maybe scum, and i don't remember what if any reasons she has given for either.
In post 3399, Little Red Fedora wrote:We healed Spiffeh. We're a loud doctor. So I'm left with either I healed Spiffeh and thus Spiffeh is conftown or the killer was blocked. Since I don't think my hydras are that good where we can predict the scumkill accurately with me barely skimming the VCs on day 1, it made more sense that the kill was blocked. So Tammy looked rather scummy from my perspective considering someone claimed to blocked her and she claimed nearly unprovoked.

That's where I got Spiffeh was conftown or Tammy was scum Brian. I couldn't really explain that without claiming though... but I figured if you picked up the crumbs it would be obvious. Guess not.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm still liking Brian, Spiffeh what problems do you have with him? Mostly I just like his thoughts about the game, the timing and tone. I thought I saw something there with the xyzzy thing, but i think it was stupid when I was thinking it. For a minute there I thought he was just tossing out names with no real thoughts of scum behind them, but meh that's what I think is stupid. I'm not the best reader of Brian, don't think I've ever seen him as scum though, but he feels fine right now (rn snort)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Tammy »

ABR might just be the better lynch today maybe probably
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3633, Nachomamma8 wrote:The only thing I remember Xyzzy is doing is picking up on Fedora's crumb and calling them town for ~REASONS THAT ARE SKETCHY~. I don't really trust him; if he was town and he thought he was picking up on a PR tell, I don't think he would be so horribly blatant about it unless he had suspicions on the slot somehow.
I'm not a fan of Xyxyxy either, simply because he just doesn't seem to have anything other than 'Fedora is town.' His explanation of the crumb here is wholly unexpected for me coming from either alignment, so I'm really hesitant there. But wavering back and forth on his read of the doctor claim because of all the 'doctor could be scum' speculation does read a little genuine to me.

Right now, I'd be fine with any of Wraith, Hiplop, or Albert being lynched. Hiplop seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. Albert is more of a read I don't feel comfortable with, and he's slowly getting pushed further and further away from my townpile as the game goes along.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”