(NSFW) Mini 1882 - TPTG Mafia 1.5: The Fappening (NoWins)

Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1168, podoboq wrote:
In post 1035, MagnaofIllusion wrote:If we both flip Town? Jaqen is not linked and should be tomorrow’s strand. Make him still perform a scan before flipping on the off chance he is Town and probably don’t direct it as if he is scum it is 100% WIFOM. Flip Snarky / Kuroi the next day for the same reasons listed in the first scenario if Jaqen is Town. If Jaqen is scum it probably is best served to flip Fire / Rach. The fact that Rach has specifically dodged my question about whether Fire is no longer Town to her if Jaqen is scum is pretty telling.
I had forgotten that Magna laid out a plan. If we don't multikill today, this seems best.
A man is all fuck MoI. A man isn't MADE to do a damn thing. Any time anybody in a game is taking this tact with a man, he is often likely to do just the opposite out of spite. A man won't be scanning anyone today.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1175, Jaqen Hghar wrote:A man won't be scanning anyone today.
So we're all treating this as the scumclaim it is, right? Cool.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1175, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Any time anybody in a game is taking this tact with a man, he is often likely to do just the opposite out of spite.
Also, I'd like to point out that this attitude is not only antitown, and generally reprehensible, it is by definition cheating.

"Play to win the game."

If you intentionally do not play to your win condition, you are a game thrower and a cheater. In the case that this is a legitimate attitude of yours, rather than just posturing, you should reevaluate your perspective on the game and/or never play it again.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1177, podoboq wrote:
In post 1175, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Any time anybody in a game is taking this tact with a man, he is often likely to do just the opposite out of spite.
Also, I'd like to point out that this attitude is not only antitown, and generally reprehensible, it is by definition cheating.

"Play to win the game."

If you intentionally do not play to your win condition, you are a game thrower and a cheater. In the case that this is a legitimate attitude of yours, rather than just posturing, you should reevaluate your perspective on the game and/or never play it again.
A man would point out two things Mr. Jumps to Conclusions

1. A man doesn't reward condescending asshats by bending to their will. A man signs up to play a game the same as anyone else, and while we may be all working toward the same goal that doesn't mean someone else gets to instruct you like a dog to do what they want. If this one is weak enough to bend to another's will fine. A man isn't.

2. A man's role was three shot. No shots left= no investigation.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1178, Jaqen Hghar wrote:1. A man doesn't reward condescending asshats by bending to their will. A man signs up to play a game the same as anyone else, and while we may be all working toward the same goal that doesn't mean someone else gets to instruct you like a dog to do what they want. If this one is weak enough to bend to another's will fine. A man isn't.
A man plays to their win condition. If you have a strict advantage in the game, and refuse to use it in any way, you are game throwing. There's nothing to muddy it.
In post 1178, Jaqen Hghar wrote:2. A man's role was three shot. No shots left= no investigation.
This may be the case (it happens to make your claim even less believable), but it has nothing to do with the statement that I quoted: "Any time anybody in a game is taking this tact with a man, he is often likely to do just the opposite out of spite."

This is not about a specific issue, it's about an attitude. It says that you will inform your play decisions based at least partially on spite, even when that is strictly at odds with playing the game to your own win condition. This attitude is a flagrant game throwing attitude, and if it's genuine, you should be ashamed of it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1175, Jaqen Hghar wrote:he is often likely to do just the opposite out of spite. A man won't be scanning anyone today.
Also, it's your intention to imply here that you are refusing to use your ability out of spite.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

Look, we can discuss this after the game if you really want to but I never play against my wincon. I also don't reward self absorbed, entitled fools who think their thoughts rule over everyone else's game experience or thoughts. They don't have that privilege no matter how much they may think they should or do. So, how about dropping the I'll founded, off point accusations and just enjoying the game?
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1180, podoboq wrote:
In post 1175, Jaqen Hghar wrote:he is often likely to do just the opposite out of spite. A man won't be scanning anyone today.
Also, it's your intention to imply here that you are refusing to use your ability out of spite.
And this is you reading shit into stuff that isn't there. It's what you WANT it to be, not what it IS. A man is sorry
you
think that.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1181, Jaqen Hghar wrote:So, how about dropping the I'll founded, off point accusations and just enjoying the game?
I'm not accusing you of anything. You're scum, and you never had a cop ability in the first place to intentionally refuse to use out of spite.

I'm making a point right now that what you're saying outlines an attitude that is
cheating
. I'm not exactly going to enjoy the game if I let that slide, because as a long time player and moderator of these games, that kind of attitude makes the game not worth playing. It's cheating, and it's important that you, and anyone who reads this, knows that.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1183, podoboq wrote:
In post 1181, Jaqen Hghar wrote:So, how about dropping the I'll founded, off point accusations and just enjoying the game?
I'm not accusing you of anything. You're scum, and you never had a cop ability in the first place to intentionally refuse to use out of spite.

I'm making a point right now that what you're saying outlines an attitude that is
cheating
. I'm not exactly going to enjoy the game if I let that slide, because as a long time player and moderator of these games, that kind of attitude makes the game not worth playing. It's cheating, and it's important that you, and anyone who reads this, knows that.
That's
your
interpretation of what I said and it's completely off base. Sometimes you need to take what someone says at face value and stop trying to put
your
spin on it. Other times you need to simply ask what someone means by what they said instead of jumping to conclusions. In this case I only had 3 shots so it's easy to say I'm not looking at anyone today because- duh! - I can't. It's laughable that you think a limited use investigation in a game of this size= fake claim but an unlimited use role to look at 2 players and find out if one or more are scum is fine. Especially given the long time player/mod muscles you're trying to flex at me. Now- how about getting off this nongame crap so we can get back to the game we signed up for?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by podoboq »

THIS is the statement I have a problem with, and THIS is the statement that you should be a respectful enough person and player to admit is wrong.

This does not have a context in which it is appropriate. That attitude is strictly cheating, and is unforgivable. If you refuse to own up to that, and would like to keep dodging what I'm saying, then I have nothing more to say on it. I understand that you are playing a game right now, and you have a reason to be stubborn here, but it is important, for the respect of this game and its rules, that it is made explicit how unacceptable this attitude is.

I am not accusing you of cheating. I believe you're posturing, and that is totally acceptable gameplay, but that doesn't mean it's inappropriate to respond to your posturing at face value.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1184, Jaqen Hghar wrote:It's laughable that you think a limited use investigation in a game of this size= fake claim but an unlimited use role to look at 2 players and find out if one or more are scum is fine.
Let's bring it back to the game and talk about this. Your claim, if true, makes you the only town PR. Otherwise, any town would have claimed to defend you, because the consensus at this point seems to be that the game is mountainous.

Your claim implies that there is ONE town power role in this game is a cop which is not only not sane, but also limited shot, and also NOT even getting results on a specific player, and scum MUST have some sort of power role that is interacting with that. That is, too me, even more unbelievable that we have an unlimited day cop with a scum PR to interact with it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by podoboq »

Also, what are the logistics of a scum interacting with daycop results? Do we have multiple millers who just don't know that they're millers? Are scum picking couples as they form to increment or decrement the scumcount in them?

Having roles with DAY actions interact WITH one another, especially when one is receiving results during the day phase modified by the other role with a day action, is so far outside of the box logistically that I fail to see how it is possible that our moderators would even deal with the fuss, much less decide that is was balanced.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

JFC what do you not get about let's talk about this after the game if you like instead of polluting the thread with a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with the game? But fine. Sure it does:

Some asshat- we are going to
force
him to look at Rach

Me- I'll do as I like tyvm. Force is a very strong word and I'm having none of it.

Some asshat- well if you don't do as you're told then you must be scum

Me- yeah, well I looked at Gorkington instead. Because I'm fully capable of using my own mind and
making choices based on how I see things.

End game some asshat is most often scum, but is sometimes just some asshat.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1186, podoboq wrote:
In post 1184, Jaqen Hghar wrote:It's laughable that you think a limited use investigation in a game of this size= fake claim but an unlimited use role to look at 2 players and find out if one or more are scum is fine.
Let's bring it back to the game and talk about this. Your claim, if true, makes you the only town PR. Otherwise, any town would have claimed to defend you, because the consensus at this point seems to be that the game is mountainous.

Your claim implies that there is ONE town power role in this game is a cop which is not only not sane, but also limited shot, and also NOT even getting results on a specific player, and scum MUST have some sort of power role that is interacting with that. That is, too me, even more unbelievable that we have an unlimited day cop with a scum PR to interact with it.

This one contradicts himself. Just previously he is stating that a man's limited use is making his claim more unbelievable. Do try keeping your story straight for a moment. Lies are easily forgotten which is likely why this one is saying the opposite of what he is saying previous- because he forgot his own stance while we we discussing non game stuff.

But, to answer this one's question- a man isn't writing the game or deciding on who gets what role. A man is picking up a card, seeing cop, and playing it with crumbs the way he has every time he's saddled with that crappy role.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1189, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Just previously he is stating that a man's limited use is making his claim more unbelievable.
In post 1186, podoboq wrote:That is, too me, even more unbelievable than that we have an unlimited day cop with a scum PR to interact with it.
You either can't read or you're just misrepping me. I explained why I believe a 3-shot day cop is even more unbelievable than an unlimited day cop, you somehow read the I believed the opposite.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1189, Jaqen Hghar wrote:But, to answer this one's question
What question are you answering? This one?
In post 1187, podoboq wrote:Also, what are the logistics of a scum interacting with daycop results? Do we have multiple millers who just don't know that they're millers? Are scum picking couples as they form to increment or decrement the scumcount in them?
So you haven't taken the time to consider the mechanics by which you have obviously received false information?

Also, cop isn't a crappy role. It's arguably one of the most powerful town roles in the game next to jailkeeper.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1187, podoboq wrote:Also, what are the logistics of a scum interacting with daycop results? Do we have multiple millers who just don't know that they're millers? Are scum picking couples as they form to increment or decrement the scumcount in them?

Having roles with DAY actions interact WITH one another, especially when one is receiving results during the day phase modified by the other role with a day action, is so far outside of the box logistically that I fail to see how it is possible that our moderators would even deal with the fuss, much less decide that is was balanced.
A man hadn't even read your second stab at this question when he is posting a response to your first, but his answer is most fitting there as well.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by podoboq »

So you haven't taken the time to consider the mechanics by which you have obviously received false information. Got it. I'm done guys. I'm not responding to anything from Jaqen for the rest of the game. I'll read it, but I'm done responding to this nonsense.

If any town has a problem with this, let me know, but I believe I'm doing more harm than good by quoting him at this point.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1186, podoboq wrote: That is, too me, even more unbelievable that we have an unlimited day cop with a scum PR to interact with it.
You LITERALLY just said you believe it more improbable that we have an unlimited day cop. This marks the 3rd Time this one is immediately contradicting himself. A man is pointing out two because the third isn't seeming to be game related.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by podoboq »

There's a *than* I typoed out of there. If you can't read that grammatically incorrect sentence and discern what the typo is from the context of the entire discussion, you're a moron.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1193, podoboq wrote:So you haven't taken the time to consider the mechanics by which you have obviously received false information. Got it. I'm done guys. I'm not responding to anything from Jaqen for the rest of the game. I'll read it, but I'm done responding to this nonsense.

If any town has a problem with this, let me know, but I believe I'm doing more harm than good by quoting him at this point.
A man knows better than to attempt to outguess the game mod. Especially THIS game mod. Perhaps this one should refer back to the rules or a man can quote that part for you. A man plays the hand he is dealt. The rest is endless conjecture.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1195, podoboq wrote:There's a *than* I typoed out of there. If you can't read that grammatically incorrect sentence and discern what the typo is from the context of the entire discussion, you're a moron.
There's nothing grammatically incorrect about it with the word "that" which isn't also grammatically incorrect with the word "than".
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1193, podoboq wrote:So you haven't taken the time to consider the mechanics by which you have obviously received false information.
Setup spec isn't outguessing the moderator. Refusing to consider what roles or mechanics might be interacting with yours, when it is a fact that roles or mechanics are interacting with yours, is too irresponsible and stupid to be plausible.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

And since "n" ( bottom row, right) and "t" ( top row, center) are so far removed on the keyboard, a man is pointing out this isn't a legitimate typo. It's this ones actual thoughts instead of the image he is attempting to present. A subconscious slip.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”