Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Adel »

@farside:
1. quantity =! quality
2. Pie E7 with a mafia roleblocker who has to choose between killing and blocking is broken for the town, especially when the day 1 lynch is accurate for the town.
3. Self-nominations almost always fail on general principle.

You also might want to consider nominating the Category first. There isn't currently a separate award for Newbie towns, unless I seriously misread post 0 of this thread.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Adel »

second BEST NEWBIE GAME TOWN

second BEST NEWBIE GAME MAFIA
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Adel »

second: Thok

link
Have fun reading the 88 pages, I'm sure Thok did.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Adel »

second Jitsu
for either.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #150 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Adel »

third cicero

he pulled more than his weight, and fought until the bitter end.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #182 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Adel »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Propose Award: Scum Magnet(?): Player most often Nightkilled as a townie
so long as we only count non-powerrole and nerfed-role (like Miller) townies.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #253 (isolation #6) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Adel »

Macavenger wrote:Speaking of that setup twist,
Nominate: Guardian
for
Best Role
for DGB's modkill reviver role in iPick. Pure genius. Serious head trip reading along with that game.
here is the role PM DGB had:
You are The Boy Who Lived.

You're possibly more commonly known as Harry Potter.

You live, but you can't talk? That doesn't make sense.

You are a modkill-reviver. This is a very special role.

Once you are modkilled -- and you will be -- you will revive. This revival will not be announced in thread, and from that point on, you will not be able to post in thread, ever.

If you do post in the thread, you will be modkilled. This may/may not end the day, at my discretion (If you are trying to stop your own lynch, I'll end the day. If you just slip up, it won't).

However, you will be able to communicate to players: Each day, you may PM me "flavor" for one vote count, and I'll add it to the next vote count I do. The second day, you'll be allowed to do 2 vote counts. Third day 3. etc. Also, you will be allowed to write the lynch scene "flavor" each day.

The one restriction you have is that you may not hint or communicate to the players that you are still alive and playing. If they figure this out and ask about it, you may confirm it, but you may not communicate it directly. So, you may communicate as if I the mod believe such and such, you may pretend to be a flavorful NPC, you may keep your existence hidden and just write some pretty flavor. But you may not make it implicitly or explicitly known that you are still playing.

All your communication will go through me, so your adherence to this rule will be evaluated by me on a case by case basis, at my sole discretion. If I believe you are trying to communicate your existence, I'll simply PM you asking you to revise your submission. If you become a repeat offender, I may just PM you notifying that your submission has been rejected, at my discretion.

You vote via PM with me. Your votes will be reflected in the vote count totals, but your name will not appear; the vote count will appear to be incorrect. If players ask me about this, I will only respond that the vote count is in fact correct.

You may be voted for. If a player votes for you, your name will show up, with them voting for you. You may be lynched, nightkilled, and targeted at night. However, I will never, of my own volition, confirm to players that you are playing, unless you die.

In addition to the significant game mechanics outlined above, you have one additional ability: at two time in the game, during the day, you may PM me the name of a player other than yourself. That player will become a double voter for the remained of the day; his/her votes will count for two votes. This will not be announced by me of my own volition. However, from then on, it will be announced that the number of votes needed to lynch increases, if you changed the number of available votes from even to odd. You may not use both in one day.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope you find this role as enjoyable as I envisioned you might.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: When the threats of all the mafia, werewolves, SKs, and cultists are neutralized, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #319 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Adel »

Nominate Kison
for
Best Performance by an Individual (Scum)
for his performance in Space Monkey Mafia 2: Pigs in Space!.

In this post he set up everyone on the MikeBurnFire wagon (Lawrencelot, ooba, Erg0, mikeburnfire, armlx, Rogueben) for a later lynch and basically confirming himself as town for the rest of the game. He was never investigated by the tracker, and he never made a kill (until the end game) so the watcher never had a chance of catching him.
armlx and Rogueben were killed by the directed-kill of the town, and all three of the Traitor Pigs survived the game.
If that wasn't enough, he also ran a full game bus of The Fonz (his scum buddy) that was just strong enough for everyone to conclude that they couldn't both be scum. Both of them survived the game.

tl:dr version: There was no way Kison could've lost in this game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #326 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Adel »

self noms are frowned upon. Gimbo [Mason] and skitzer [Townie] were both in the team that won Mini 608.

I'm sure you guys are proud of your win, but remember that a game ends almost every single here.

your town happened to have cop+doc+masons+vig vs. godfather+RB+goon vs SK which is totally balanced in the town's favor.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #364 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Adel »

skitzer wrote:
I think that the setup shouldn't really matter, and it is a Fiasco setup (I just realized this, boo to XreyoX for uncreativity!) so it's relatively balanced.
lol. what gave you the idea that a Fiasco setup = balanced?
Also, I think the Mafia and SK would agree that this game was played well by town.

As a final note: do you lynch 4 scum in a row in general?
Phoebus held your hand aginst newbie scum, and y'all were pretty lucky to nail the godfather day 1, and have an cop investigation, doctor protection, and confirmed masons.

The game lasted all of 15 pages.

Why did you nominate yourselves as a group instead of Phoebus?
Gimbo wrote:I think at this point, Phoebus most likely is town, he single-handedly got enough votes for the Slaine wagon to work.
Slaine is the player that was the godfather lynched day 1
on day 2 two votes landed on the sk, who posted
Wow. That didn't take long. I'm not mafia but you still won't like my role. Since I see no way of getting myself out of this, I might as well put everything out in the open now.

I am the serial killer. If you want to hear my views on the game, I'll be around before the hammer. And sorry for killing your vig.

Day 3 lynch was thanks to a cop investigation result of "Guilty" on one of the two remaining scum.

Day 4 had a claimed doctor (cleared by cop), cop, & a mason leaving only one townie (cleared by cop) and 1 scum.

Slaine Hayes [Godfather] - lynched Day 1 - 108 total game posts
#44 [Serial Killer] - lynched Day 2 - 59 total game posts
Dattebayo [Mafia Roleblocker] - lynched Day 3 - 122 total game posts

Gojira [Mafia Goon] - total game posts - 25 total game posts
Gojira wrote:Yeah, figured I'd probably come back to that. Ah well, gave it a shot at least. Fair bit of a tight spot, though.

Well played, particularly Phoebus. DAMN YOU :P

~~~

The winner of last year's scummie did the same thing as you, but without any power roles, in a setup generally believed to be balanced
against
the town. link: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5611

~~~

if you want to nominate Phoebus, go right ahead, I'm simply objecting to your self-nomination for a win that I think had more to do with fortune (Phoebus + confirmed masons, vig, cop and a doctor all in one game) than your own play.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #375 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Adel »

what made it enjoyable to y'all? Judging the scummies is a pain, and this category is one of the most subjective. Whate elements of the set-up, rule set, and excution of cicero's mod duties made this game so enjoyable?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #435 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Adel »

clammy wrote:
Nominate
: AwesomePants

Award
: Most Enjoyable Game (Mini normal)

Game
: Linky

Provided the most useful and well updated first post ever, created a surprising game, excellent light-touch modding that worked brilliantly with the involved players, provided enjoyable flavour text, and harnessed the set up and modding to create just the uncertainty needed for the game balance to work.

Will certainly be on the look-out for more games modded by AP.
Third.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #436 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Adel »

Nominate:
Shy Guy
Award
Best replacement
Game:
Open 83 - Polygamist Mafia

He replaced in thinking that all of the townies were scum and that all of the scum were townies. He was openminded enough to realise that he was utterly wrong, even after writing 38 long posts presentign his case.

If he had suffered from any of the typical townie tunnel-vision, the scum would've won, for sure.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #438 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Adel »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Why is there no Bus Driver award for best bus?
There should be!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #446 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Adel »

ok, so self-nominations are hated by everyone. I get that.

A game recently ended where Talitha, DrippingGoofball, rajrhcpfreak PookyTheMagicalBear, mathcam, Glork, elvis_knits, Macros, Nonny, Axelrod, Phoebus, and Werebear were town. (some of them were replacements for each other)

Armlx, logicticus and I were scum together, and we all survived.

one player wrote me a PM after the game saying,
I'm reading the scum forum with interest and just noted this:
Adel wrote:ok, lets kill pooky then, and hope pooky analysis points away from us.
You totally got me there, that's for sure. :o

the scum-team QT thread http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/tqSaxyB7hLWP

This is me trolling for my first individual or team scummy nomination for good play.

I love each and every one of you.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #448 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Adel »

ZONEACE wrote:
nominate adel for whatever award she was trolling for
I especially love you!

here is a link to the game: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #453 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Adel »

the sour grapes from that "mature games" are unreal. Glork, you were not a replacement in that game. I've never seen such an all-star list bitch so much. Unreal.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #519 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:26 pm

Post by Adel »

farside22 wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Stef wrote:Is this thread still being updated? Asking because the post with the nominations hasn't been edited in 8 months. :)
It will be updated by the end of the year. :lol:
WHAT?! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It has to be updated by the end of the year for the award ceremony. :P
Hey that's too many time... Anyways, it will be a serious headache to the mods to take the final decisions and awards.
I think last year they had some volunteers for looking over the games if I remember correctly?
I don't know about the others, but I was drafted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #520 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Adel »

Nominate Farside22
for Behind the Scenes (Name Should be in Orange) award for keeping the open game system running for months, and then taking over as List Mod for Thesp.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #544 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Adel »

nominate
"most appropriate use of an emoticon (town)" and "most appropriate use of an emoticon (scum)" as awards for this year's scummies.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #672 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Adel »

Thestatusquo wrote:I disagree with PJ. Generally, I think there is such a volume of STUFF going on on this site that some truly good things do tend to not get noticed. As a judge I would review each nomination based on what it merits, and not look at all at the number of nominations/how it was nominated. If it should win, then it should win.
I tried to type this post, but I couldn't get the verbage right. I'm glad TSQ did.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #675 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Adel »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Adel wrote:self noms are frowned upon. Gimbo [Mason] and skitzer [Townie] were both in the team that won Mini 608.

I'm sure you guys are proud of your win, but remember that a game ends almost every single here.

your town happened to have cop+doc+masons+vig vs. godfather+RB+goon vs SK which is totally balanced in the town's favor.
And I don't see how you can claim "self-noms are frowned upon" while holding that judges shouldn't consider if it was a self-nom or not. If judges don't care, then there is no disincentive to whoring your own games. And if that is the case, this thread could fill up very quickly with people nominating themselves.
petroleumjelly wrote:I would like to point out that although self-nominations and posturing for people to nominate/second your works are technically "allowed", they are still noted by the judges and it is a
point against you
this was not the case when we were judging the scummies last year. Perhaps this year's judges have adopted it, but I think that peer pressure is all the disincentive needed. When someone self-noms either they are a newer player who just doesn't know better, or an attention whore (like me), or they are an experienced player that has a damn good reason for pointing it out. The newer players probably only need a polite explanation that self-noms are frowned upon, there isn't anything you can do about attention whores, and self-noms by experienced players stand a good chance of being justified.

Notice that the self nomination thread isn't exactly filling up with self-noms.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #678 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Adel »

petroleumjelly wrote:All bark and no bite. Gotta love it.
???
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #685 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Adel »

Korts wrote:
Nominate:
The town of Crackers! Mafia

Award:
Best Performance by a Team

Game:
Crackers! Mafia
second

Even though the game ended 20 hours into 2009 (GMT), I think it should be considered for the 2008 scummies.

I can't recall ever seeing a game where so many townies were all that correct about who else was town and who was scum in a game.

Korts was a Sk in that game, and vollkan, Yos2, and forbiddenlight (repalcing SensFan) were the mafia team. I don't think any of the scum made any real mistakes.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #692 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Adel »

Thestatusquo wrote:Did the game end before today? If not, it's not eligible for this years scummies, though it is eligible for next year.
For GMT it missed being in 2008 by 20.25 hours.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #693 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:I should also mention that there were only two replacements. One of them was ZazieR, who requested replacement from the mod early in Day 1, and the other was SensFan, who was replaced due to inactivity in Day 3. Both replacing players - populartajo and forbiddanlight - were active and involved.
and SensFan was hit by a drunk driver. He wrote me a nice apology PM for getting replaced.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #696 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Adel »

If you want to get pedantic it was at Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:40 am UTC, which was the timezone each of the deadlines was set in. Is all of this really necessary? Are we really the kind of people that worry about minutes and hours? It was a large theme game, and ended some number of hours into 2009. Of the 1228 game posts, 1215 were made in 2008.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #702 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Adel »

mith wrote: The "White Knight" Award for Best Replacement (I envision this being an award for those players who replace into games frequently and are active in them, rather than a performance award for a single replacement; the judges may consider awarding it differently, however, as most of the current nominations seem to be of the latter variety.)
based off of the information posted in the "replacement meta-game" thread http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
nominate
Mr. Flay, Scruffs, and JDodge for White Night.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #734 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by Adel »

Oman wrote:
Glork wrote:That would be more appropriate for the 2009 scummies, considering the post was made in 2009.
Well, I figured its still open here. If the judges/mith wants to push it to a 2009 nom, thats cool with me.
Nominate Oman For Professor Mafia / Best Site Contributions
or whatever for 2008 this post. Genius!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”