Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Accountant »

Inventive, complex arguments used to justify unjustifiable decisions, or situations
That is the definition of mental gymanstics. I agree that my arguments are inventive, but they're not particularly complex(even a child could see the difference in my charity example and why one is situation dependent and the other is not). Also, in the first place, the decisions have to be unjustifiable - in this case, the decisions are objectively correct and the perfect moral truths of the universe, so it is certainly a far cry from unjustifiable.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

Like, you can't just claim that someone is doing mental gymnastics because they're arguing from a point of view you find confusing. You have to perform a series of steps:

1) First, you have to show why the decision is bad.
2) Then, you have to show why someone is trying to cover up the bad decisions with arguments that don't make sense.
3) Third, you have to show why the arguments are inventive and complex(otherwise it's not mental gymnastics, it's just being wrong/stupid).

Fail in step 1) and it's not mental gymnastics, it's just a complex but correct argument. Fail in step 2) and it's not mental gymnastics, it's just someone who happens to be wrong. Fail in step 3) and it's not mental gymnastics, it's just someone who's really stupid or bad at arguing. You haven't performed any of the steps.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Socrates »

Accountant wrote:Yes! You're absolutely right. I do in fact wish to reject reality when it doesn't live up to my ideal(much like an owner putting down a rabid dog). I discuss this idea in more detail in the Accountant philosophy thread in GD, which I invite you to join since it's irritating to debate through PMs.
It's one thing to conscientiously choose to live a sheltered life, and another to reject the factual existence of the outside world. You speak as though you wish to do the latter.

And if you wish for some kind of "purification", well... lets just say you tread dangerous waters and leave it at that.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Accountant »

It's not that I don't acknowledge it exists. Racism exists too, but we don't tolerate it. We work to destroy it and re-educate those who believe in it. That is the meaning of "reality sympathizer" - one who is too afraid to reach out and change reality, instead choosing to live under the immorality of reality(an immorality they acknowledge).

What is so dangerous about purification?

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Socrates »

Hoo boy. This is going to be a difficult conversation, especially if I am going to avoid Godwin-ing the thread.

I don't have the energy I once had, I'm going to need lunch.

Incidentally, have you taken the time to look up Socrates yet? Not the so-called "Socratic Method", but Socrates himself. What he believed, and the legend surrounding him.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Shaziro »

Stalin believed in purification too, if it helps!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Accountant »

So did Jesus. It's a popular concept.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Sesq »

racism =/= reality, false equivalency
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Accountant »

They're both examples of bad things that should be wiped out

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Sesq »

yeah but the former is an idea, the latter is not
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Accountant »

So? We'll wipe them all out.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 14631, Sesq wrote:its self evident that you are admitting to it. while it wasnt explicitly said the way you wrote that post implied they were there and more righteous than vija, implying they are real. didn't know they were correct pathers

i know you dont wanna say it but like come on, i've already told everyone more or less might as well just own up about it

accountant is not a he, and is not a troll. they are 100% serious.

and i have voices in my head.

and i'm being 100% serious.
you're full of shit, Sesq. Quote where I admitted to it. The answer is never. Because I don't have voices in my head.

If you do, that's on you. Don't bring this to me.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 14611, Accountant wrote:
In post 14601, Vijarada wrote:voices in your head
I want you to sit the fuck down and ask yourself how weird it is that the "voices in my head" are more righteous than you. Don't you feel the need to have some self-awareness and re-evaluate after realizing that?
here

you wouldnt be so angry if it werent true kek

altho tbh i think this could have just been a lingual slip
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

It was a hypothetical. I was saying that if what vijarada said is true, then those voices would be more righteous than him. But what Vijarada said isn't true; I do NOT have voices in my head. I'm not sure why you repeatedly tell people otherwise.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 2763, Accountant wrote:It was a hypothetical. I was saying that if what vijarada said is true, then those voices would be more righteous than him. But what Vijarada said isn't true; I do NOT have voices in my head. I'm not sure why you repeatedly tell people otherwise.
yeah this makes sense now

dismiss my statements
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

:roll:

Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Vijarada »

this has been a weird episode
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Does the utopia plan on doing any language alteration?

What are your thoughts on the whole "language equals thought"?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 am

Post by hiplop »

do we really need 111 pages of this nonsense
third best scummer of all time
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Shaziro »

Better here than elsewhere
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Did you really need to put this in your egosearch after 111 pages?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2767, Annadog40 wrote:Does the utopia plan on doing any language alteration?

Current English seems like a fine standard language for the world. Alternatively we could have a range of standard languages to accommodate the biggest ethnic/cultural groups in the world(let's say Arabic, English, Chinese) and then slowly filter it out into one preferred one as children get taught the standard language in schools and stuff - any of the three are fine to be used for a standard language.

Not sure what you mean by the second point

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2658, XRZ wrote:Not gonna lie, this "correct path" is pretty bogus. Suppose it does exist: there are only two options, one being that it is conscious and one that it is unconscious. Since it is common knowledge that a conscious entity has more potential than an unconscious one, in the case that it is unconscious it could not make sense if you claim it to be higher than the universe, since the universe contains consciousness inside of it. In the case that it is conscious, you would in turn be accepting that said consciousness must be linked to the universe is some way in order for it to interact with it, even if it was completely unrestricted and limitless within said universe. A path is a motion forward, so we can agree that there is motion from this thing in a direction. You claim that you can do nothing to change it and are a mere advocate, but at the same time claim that it cannot happen until you do it. Don't get me wrong: a world like that can exist, but not in a world where it is conscious. That means both of your options are cut off from the start.

What's more interesting about this theory is that you have used a wall of defense I like to call the "Knowledge Wall" to deflect many, MANY times. This is a grievous misuse of truth. Just because you don't need to defend something which is true(presumably because it will speak for itself in our reality) doesn't mean that you can ignore reasoning and understanding why that thing is true. Knowing the answer to a mathematics problem means nothing if you do not know how you got there, in fact the answer is irrelevant because if you know the procedure you can acquire the answer at any point in time. You continuously use that as a scapegoat, which leads me to believe that you don't even understand what you are saying and are blindly following it. A most notable rule about thinking is that when you say something but don't understand it, what you are saying is wrong. Even if it was right said by another person.

Shaziro, this is a tier 3 circular logic that you are failing to defeat. Had you embraced his idea instead of constantly treating it as an obstacle to overcome, you would have been able to tear it to shreds immediately. You need to learn what the value in talking to other people is.
Disappointed this never got a response
I prefer they, thanks :)
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 2771, Accountant wrote:
In post 2767, Annadog40 wrote:Does the utopia plan on doing any language alteration?

Current English seems like a fine standard language for the world. Alternatively we could have a range of standard languages to accommodate the biggest ethnic/cultural groups in the world(let's say Arabic, English, Chinese) and then slowly filter it out into one preferred one as children get taught the standard language in schools and stuff - any of the three are fine to be used for a standard language.

Not sure what you mean by the second point
It's a concept where you would construct a language so that impure thoughts are near impossilbe
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:21 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 2770, Not_Mafia wrote:Did you really need to put this in your egosearch after 111 pages?
I don't use egosearch
third best scummer of all time

Return to “General Discussion”