Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by MariaR »

Aww well I hope you get a few good chuckles!
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

Oh yeah Tywin what's your flavor?
GTKAS
| here.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 18, Not Chara wrote:oh and Kuroi: very interesting mechanic with the Dragonballs. i look forward to sabotaging all attempts to gather seven of them.
Why?
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Not Chara »

while i'm sure there are town players that are able to make extremely helpful wishes, i'm just as sure there are scum with devasting wishes. the public wish available is not useful for scum, but by the rules scum have reason to gather the dragonballs.

it's also a lot easier for scum to gather them for a few reasons. so, i think keeping them safe is just a better idea. i dont want dragonball gathering to skew lynch/vig decisions for town when we should just be trying to kill scum. let scum run around for them instead.

granted, near to lylo is probably only when i'd actually start worrying about it.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Socrates »

Scum like to tell townies not to use unique game mechanics, thinking that they will look protown by advocating caution, but really all they do is betray their own greed.

You didn't actively call it scummy to collect dragon balls, so it's not the full tell, but this is a good starting place.

VOTE: not chara
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 am

Post by Imperium »

Attempting to keep them safe/pass them around frequently also means they're more likely to end up in scum hands, and once scum touches them, they keep them.

We will also constantly worry about whether scum is close to having all the dragon balls and are close to resurrecting a dead brother or sister; activating them is the only way to kill the threat completely.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 80, Socrates wrote:Scum like to tell townies not to use unique game mechanics, thinking that they will look protown by advocating caution, but really all they do is betray their own greed.

You didn't actively call it scummy to collect dragon balls, so it's not the full tell, but this is a good starting place.

VOTE: not chara
I said it first, so why NC and not me?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 81, Imperium wrote:Attempting to keep them safe/pass them around frequently also means they're more likely to end up in scum hands, and once scum touches them, they keep them.

We will also constantly worry about whether scum is close to having all the dragon balls and are close to resurrecting a dead brother or sister; activating them is the only way to kill the threat completely.
The problem here is .. let's say I decided to collect the balls myself. I would either tell the public or do it in secrecy.

If I do it in public, scum will kill me to get what I have. If I do it in secrecy it reduces the chance of me getting NK'd but the Town will not know whom to pass the balls to in order to get them all in one place.

Even if we assume I get confirmed at one point and the Town surprisingly had all the balls with them (not likely) and they miraculously decide to pass it on to me (not gonna happen) then scum will still know whom to shoot because the ball passing resolves first, so I would receive the balls before they shoot me. If only ONE Townie decides not to pass me the ball, scum will end up with 6 balls and will be looking for the last of them.

Also, Scum are likely to hammer most wagons, so keep an eye on the hammerers. It doesn't have to be the same person, as they can pass it on to the most TR member of their team.

STOP TRYING TO GO FOR SIDE ROUTES. Play the NORMAL game, please.

Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:53 am

Post by Vifam »

Normal sounds boring
ok
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 84, Vifam wrote:Normal sounds boring
Well then go for it, but -at least- keep it quiet. If we lose because of the balls though, it's on your head (assuming you're Town).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

Personally, I will be passing the balls randomly but never twice to the same player, and that's if I lay my hands on any at all.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

I like to play defense. I'd root for Italy over Germany (soccer) any day of the week. Don't concede and thus you cannot lose is my motto.

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 52, Almost50 wrote:
In post 50, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 41, Almost50 wrote:@Tywin: I'm trying to give you all the slack you need to rectify your play in hopes you're not yet tuned in, but then I'll have to come down on you real hard if that doesn't change soon. ;)

Hint: reread the thread. Now tell me what you missed. :P
Why are you making me read RVS? I usually don't start paying attention until after.
The thing is you addressed both mine and Alisae's vote on you. but totally ignored Vifam's. Since we just finished a game where you were scum, and I partially caught you by noticing you neither voted nor got voted by your scum partners, I was wondering if Vifam (who was also in that game) tried to change that and you missed his gesture. It's a 50-50, but you'd have to admit it's strange you didn't even say hello to the guy who put the 3rd vote on you.
Vifam's voting me too? Haha, I honestly didn't know. Should've been voting you to even it up then. I skimmed page 1 and didn't really read until pg2, since that's where my OP landed. Regardless, you're looking into things a little too hard for being so early, so I question whethe you're town this game. You're already attempting to shade me using a very bad reason (not noticing vifam's vote), which you'd do as scum to set up a possible mislynch of town me. If I was scum, I doubt they'd vote for their buddy this early to make it an actual wagon.

What you should be looking at, if you are town, is why all these people are voting for either me or you in RVS over idk, anyone else. RVS should be random or at least a joke or OMGUS, not 'hey, this townie has 3 votes, I'll add mine too.' It means they're ignoring their scum buddies.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 am

In post 54, Imperium wrote:I feel good about Almost's approach to Tywin, although I can't say I agree with it. Will make a full response to it after Tywin responds.
You agree with it, but don't agree with it? What does that even mean, and why do you need my response to respond to it at all? Are you hoping for a quick wagon on me, and you want to help him shade me with some very bad reasoning? Or what's the deal? Either you agree with him or not, and if not, why would you need my response to address him? Are you hoping to sheep him for a quicklynch in RVS?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:47 am

In post 77, Alisae wrote:Oh yeah Tywin what's your flavor?
My flavor? I can't tell you what my PM says. I'm Earthling/Earth-aligned thoufh if that's what you're asking. What's yours?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 88, Tywin Lannister wrote:What you should be looking at, if you are town, is why all these people are voting for either me or you in RVS over idk, anyone else.
I actually don't care who votes me on RVS.

*Sigh* Your interrogation is over. I think you're probably Town for now. Who do we push next?

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 90, Tywin Lannister wrote:
My flavor? I can't tell you what my PM says. I'm Earthling/Earth-aligned thoufh if that's what you're asking. What's yours?
lmaaaaaao
It says that too but I was moreso referring to the "Who are you" part.
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 am

In post 92, Alisae wrote:
In post 90, Tywin Lannister wrote:
lmaaaaaao
It says that too but I was moreso referring to the "Who are you" part.
Oh my flavor name? I don't want to say, because it only helps scum in this instance. If I get to L1 or something, I'll say. I think it's pretty obvious what my role is if I say my flavor name, so I don't see any reason to give it out.
Claiming on D1 is just bad play lol. It got you and grey killed last game almost immediately.

Side note: I don't know any of the characters in DBZ, whose good/bad, and things like that (I know Goku is good, right?), so it's good I'm not scum this game. I'd have no idea who to fake claim, but I'm guessing this won't be like Hogwarts Mafia where the good guys are scum, at least from what I can tell by my PM.

Since I can't say the actual name, I can say that I'm 'against' freeza and his generals, whoever the fuck that is.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 89, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 54, Imperium wrote:I feel good about Almost's approach to Tywin, although I can't say I agree with it. Will make a full response to it after Tywin responds.
You agree with it, but don't agree with it? What does that even mean, and why do you need my response to respond to it at all? Are you hoping for a quick wagon on me, and you want to help him shade me with some very bad reasoning? Or what's the deal? Either you agree with him or not, and if not, why would you need my response to address him? Are you hoping to sheep him for a quicklynch in RVS?
Your jumpiness does not do your namesake justice. I expected a calmer, cooler approach than the jumpy. (This is not an insult by the way this head is a little jumpy too.)

You are misreading my other head's point. Nacho likes Almost's approach as in thinks she's probably town from it, but does not agree with her conclusion. It's entirely possible to like what someone's approach says about them but not like their conclusion or argument. That's the case here as far as I know Nacho also has a leaning town read on you.

Neither of us is in the habit of defending people before they have the chance to defend or explain themselves. Why do you think we should have?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Alisae »

I thought that was a real claim lmao
GTKAS
| here.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Imperium »

*his sorry
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 96, Imperium wrote:*his sorry
No need to apologize. I'm not too touchy about people using the wrong pronoun addressing me.

Also, anyone who wishes to talk about flavour; just know that you're singing on deaf ears here, so to speak. I -as usual- have no idea who is who and will only consult the wiki when/if needed.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 83, Almost50 wrote:Also,
Scum are likely to hammer most wagons
, so keep an eye on the hammerers. It doesn't have to be the same person, as they can pass it on to the most TR member of their team.
This doesn't seem likely at all, actually.

I've considered many strategies and decided that the best way of moving forward is to not discuss the balls at all.

VOTE: Almost50
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Alisae »

I don't really care about the ball mechanics.
I don't see why everyone else is tbh.
GTKAS
| here.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 am

In post 94, Imperium wrote:
In post 89, Tywin Lannister wrote:
Your jumpiness does not do your namesake justice. I expected a calmer, cooler approach than the jumpy. (This is not an insult by the way this head is a little jumpy too.)

You are misreading my other head's point. Nacho likes Almost's approach as in thinks she's probably town from it, but does not agree with her conclusion. It's entirely possible to like what someone's approach says about them but not like their conclusion or argument. That's the case here as far as I know Nacho also has a leaning town read on you.

Neither of us is in the habit of defending people before they have the chance to defend or explain themselves. Why do you think we should have?
I'm not jumpy. Jumpy would be me actually worried about a wagon right now. I'm just questioning what you said, because it looks contradictory as well as opportunistic, seeing as I lead the vote count currently. Why are you calling me jumpy for questioning you? That's not how this works. You'd not know if I was jumpy or not based on the post, but it should show me trying to early sort you, since you've made a stance, although it's very 'on the fence' in regards to what you said. From my perspective, 'if' you are scum, you're putting feelers out to see if you can get away with voting me, but it's too early for you to fully commit, so you gave a contradictory statement to possibly lean either way depending on future events. It's not out of the question to think scum would say what you did in hopes others sheep the wagon and you help finish off the lynch. Then again, it could mean absolutely nothing too, but j don't know without asking.

I do agree with your sentiments on defending others this early though. So touché

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”