Mini 1894: DBZ Abridged Mafia - Arrival To Namek (Game Over)

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Actually I'm a little miffed the dragonballs become middlingly less and less important as the series goes on until it is eventually just a "OH NO CHARACTER DIED LETS SOB UNTIL SOMEONE REMINDS US WE CAN BRING THEM BACK WITH THE DRAGON BALLS LIKE WE'VE DONE 15 TIMES ALREADY"
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 325, Majiffy wrote:
In post 298, Alisae wrote:fuck the dragonballs
/series
Hey? Who needs them when you got red hair ;)
GTKAS
| here.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I haven't seen Super yet

I'm waiting to re-watch the Buu saga as Kai is running now... Then I'll watch Super.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Dear lord. Clumsy head here. Someone talk to me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 313, Alisae wrote:@Clums hydra.

Why is Zef town
after you just said they dropped a scumtell
?
Why is Maria scum?
btw do you have any other reads?
Okay Clums, we can start with these first.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

I feel pretty neutral on Maria. Possibly even slightly townlean. I'm scumleaning Tywin, but I don't have much experience there. Nacho hydra has me wary. Albert is meh. Currently looking back at Desperado's scumplay in Witch Trials, get back to you there.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

why are you scumleaning Tywin?
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Never played with Socrates before, but that join date has me wanting to look at their experience. Vifam I played with in Darkest Dungeon, will compare that to here as well. Not Chara seems towny to me. Good questions and posts around 250.

P-edit: I feel like he's pushing too hard on the whole not knowing anything about flavor. It's one thing to point that out once, but when he harps on about not knowing anything, it sends up flags to me.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 40, Tywin Lannister wrote:Btw: I have never watched DBZ beyond like one episode as a kid, and none of it made sense. DBalls are like rings of power and we want to rule them all, right? So like the one ring? Or like infinity stones and the person with the gauntlet kicks the Avengers' asses? I will collect them all like Pokemon. Then I will wish for Almost's death. If he's already dead, I will wish for him to come back alive so I can lynch him again. I got these game mechanics on lockdown.
In post 93, Tywin Lannister wrote: Side note: I don't know any of the characters in DBZ, whose good/bad, and things like that (I know Goku is good, right?), so it's good I'm not scum this game. I'd have no idea who to fake claim, but I'm guessing this won't be like Hogwarts Mafia where the good guys are scum, at least from what I can tell by my PM.

Since I can't say the actual name, I can say that I'm 'against' freeza and his generals, whoever the fuck that is.

These get me a lot, and I was actually going to make a post about the second one, but realized a flaw in my logic.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

You've hydra'd with Tywin, right? What do you think of him?
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Socrates, do you have any experience with this player list?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

He's town imo those posts are not scummy at all.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 335, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:You've hydra'd with Tywin, right? What do you think of him?
Can you uh...
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh yeah that part hold on, it's somewhere in my iso.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 266, Alisae wrote:
In post 249, Not Chara wrote:Alisae: do you still think Tywin is scum?
tbh, I have mixed feelings about Tywin right now, but I think he's town. I liked his interactions with him and I actually kinda agree, I think Tywin would approach the situation differently if he was scum + he would have more people as lynchable.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Cool thanks. Next question. If we're town in your opinion, why no unvote?
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Who is next on your scum list?
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 321, Alisae wrote:Yeaaaaaaaaah...
She's gonna post that way as either alignment.
VOTE: Clums

This seems like a very weak point to jump onto the wagon. Like the straw that broke the camels back instead of the relative boulders that came before. Especially since the Shaz head has no experience with MariaR whatsoever. Why was this the tipping point?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 341, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Cool thanks. Next question. If we're town in your opinion, why no unvote?
but I don't think you're town, if I got that impression I woulda unvoted.
In post 342, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Who is next on your scum list?
NC. I liked Socrates' case on them.
In post 343, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:
In post 321, Alisae wrote:Yeaaaaaaaaah...
She's gonna post that way as either alignment.
VOTE: Clums

This seems like a very weak point to jump onto the wagon. Like the straw that broke the camels back instead of the relative boulders that came before. Especially since the Shaz head has no experience with MariaR whatsoever. Why was this the tipping point?
Because I thought there was more to the read then Maria just being Maria.

Also you two seem to be dissonant on your Maria read.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

@Majiffy: Who are your other scumreads besides Almost50? I wouldn't mind that slot, but who else are you thinking? I have had only one game with Almost50, and I subbed in at the very end. I guess I could look that up too, but not gonna, lie, motivation dwindling.

@All: Thoughts on Imperium? Who all town/scum reads them?

P-edit: Hold the phone
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 337, Alisae wrote:He's town imo those posts are not scummy at all.
Oh, didn't realize this was about Tywin, my mistake
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Let me find Socrates case real fast
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

Spoiler: Socrates about NC
In post 80, Socrates wrote:Scum like to tell townies not to use unique game mechanics, thinking that they will look protown by advocating caution, but really all they do is betray their own greed.

You didn't actively call it scummy to collect dragon balls, so it's not the full tell, but this is a good starting place.

VOTE: not chara
In post 121, Socrates wrote:
In post 82, Almost50 wrote:
In post 80, Socrates wrote:Scum like to tell townies not to use unique game mechanics, thinking that they will look protown by advocating caution, but really all they do is betray their own greed.

You didn't actively call it scummy to collect dragon balls, so it's not the full tell, but this is a good starting place.

I said it first, so why NC and not me?
Well no, nc said they were going to actively sabotage collecting dragons balls on the first page.

Two, your suggestion did earn a squint from me. Maybe you failed to notice. But my feelings on you re:Tywin mirror Nacho's, whereas NC only has this.

I find annoying that people think about the mechanics only in terms of how they can be used directly, not in terms of how they can be a vector for scumhunting. Scum can do a lot, but they can do very little without leaving a paper trail if we approach it correctly. I will have more to say on this day 2.
In post 127, Socrates wrote:
In post 124, Alisae wrote:I need to learn how to read. Give me a second.
/me takes a second.
Kay heres the thing. I don't think scum!NC gets anything out of writing that post. Granted town!NC gets nothing out of it either. Like that post seems really NAI to me. Especially considering it's page 1, we're still in RVS, so I don't really see how they're trying to prevent scumhunting from happening on page 1?
I feel like if anything scum are most likely to jump on that post rather then town.
You'll note that I didn't immediately jump on her, but asked her to elaborate. If she said it was just a first page joke, I would have shrugged and let it go, but she didn't and went with the classic "scum can manipulate this mechanic so we shouldn't use it" argument that scum themselves love to make. They love to make the same argument about masslcaims and such, too.

As I said, it wasnt the full tell, because they didn't check the final checkbox of calling it outright scummy, but I feel better about this vote than anywhere else at this moment.

I've caught scum this way before.
GTKAS
| here.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

In post 78, Socrates wrote:
In post 18, Not Chara wrote:oh and Kuroi: very interesting mechanic with the Dragonballs. i look forward to sabotaging all attempts to gather seven of them.
Why?

In post 121, Socrates wrote:
In post 82, Almost50 wrote:

I said it first, so why NC and not me?
Well no, nc said they were going to actively sabotage collecting dragons balls on the first page.

Two, your suggestion did earn a squint from me. Maybe you failed to notice. But my feelings on you re:Tywin mirror Nacho's, whereas NC only has this.

I find annoying that people think about the mechanics only in terms of how they can be used directly, not in terms of how they can be a vector for scumhunting. Scum can do a lot, but they can do very little without leaving a paper trail if we approach it correctly. I will have more to say on this day 2.
In post 127, Socrates wrote:
In post 124, Alisae wrote:I need to learn how to read. Give me a second.
/me takes a second.
Kay heres the thing. I don't think scum!NC gets anything out of writing that post. Granted town!NC gets nothing out of it either. Like that post seems really NAI to me. Especially considering it's page 1, we're still in RVS, so I don't really see how they're trying to prevent scumhunting from happening on page 1?
I feel like if anything scum are most likely to jump on that post rather then town.
You'll note that I didn't immediately jump on her, but asked her to elaborate.
If she said it was just a first page joke, I would have shrugged and let it go, but she didn't
and went with the classic "scum can manipulate this mechanic so we shouldn't use it" argument that scum themselves love to make. They love to make the same argument about masslcaims and such, too.

As I said, it wasnt the full tell, because they didn't check the final checkbox of calling it outright scummy, but I feel better about this vote than anywhere else at this moment.

I've caught scum this way before.
Bolded stands out to me, because I took it as an opening game joke as well, but then NC defended it. That's interesting. Also noticed this:
In post 143, Socrates wrote:
In post 142, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 128, Socrates wrote:
In post 125, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Any simplistic wand-waving ball policy proposal the kind of which Almost50 made is almost assuredly made by scum.
Should I be voting him instead of NC?
Yes, I'm moderately confident that he is scum.
Cool. I still want a vote count.

I see where you're coming from, do you see where I'm coming from? or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Why was this never followed up on? This question was asked and (unless I'm missing a post), never answered nor re-asked.

It's a nice case, I'll have to re-evaluate NC. I'm townreading Socrates more. However it's nearly 1 and I have work in the morning. Anything else for me before I head off for the night?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Socrates »

Okay, I lied, I'm not sleeping anytime soon, so I might as well catch up.
In post 248, Not Chara wrote:alright, scratch what i said earlier.
i'm townreading the intent of , but i dislike that Socrates's push on me so far is based on this tell that they've said twice isn't complete because i haven't scumread anyone for the dragonballs, just given my opinion.
for one, zefiend has come to exactly the same conclusion, and Socrates hasn't mentioned it. they've caught scum this way before, but 2/3 players with the same opinion haven't even been spoken to. if there was real concern, why isn't the same care being taken? Socrates only mentions Almost after he brings up this exact problem.
and reading 121 again, there's the main issue. Almost is fine because Socrate's agrees that Almost's reasoning is towny. therefore, the mechanics tell isn't that important. zefiend gets a side-eye for stalling in , but no mention of the mechanics tell. the reply to Almost sounds like a retroactive excuse.
so in the end it just looks like my post caught Socrates's attention as something they could push safely, instead of the tell being the cause.
Let me put it this way:

Player A does something you consider to be moderately scummy.

Player B does something you consider to be moderately scummy and something you consider to be moderately towny.

Who do you vote?

And no, I did NOT bring up Almost only after he mentioned it. As I told HIM, I did in fact voice issue with his suggestion. And you are ignoring the part where I was openly discussing joining the Almost wagon.

As for Zefiend, Yeah, the mechanics tell ties into the stalling. That's one of the things he seemed to be stalling with. I don't like him. I suppose I should have made that more clear.

I also haven't been beating this drum too hard because I had been specifically waiting for you to respond.

I do find your act of talking yourself from a townread into a scumread on me interesting. It's precisely one of those little things I myself like to do as scum precisely because I know it tends to draw townreads from other players, so whenever I see this kind of stuff I have to ask myself if it's theater. But that kind of sophisticated scumplay doesn't fit well with committing such a short-sided tell.

Oh, and I do want to see Imperium respond to you, if they didn't.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”